• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Look at our dumb rating from back then.

Said he's stronger than 20% Izuku for no reason and gave him Class 25, yet his Striking Strength was Unknown. We weren't even consistent.

Also the new value from Reinforce Concrete drop the results down to High 8-C, though that happened after we stopped using the 8-B rating.

I think we should scale main story MHA god tiers to the Overclock speed (Mach 168)

Endeavor was capable of reacting to Koichi’s charge of him trying to escape. Sure, Koichi evaded his fireball but Koichi regarded it as a threat still, implying a degree of scaling

Number 6 also believes All Might to be a complete obstacle in his path. Even though All Might is unfathomably stronger, it wouldn’t make sense for Number 6 to be scared of a character he’s almost 3x faster than.

I think we should scale main story MHA god tiers to the Overclock speed (Mach 168)

Endeavor was capable of reacting to Koichi’s charge of him trying to escape. Sure, Koichi evaded his fireball but Koichi regarded it as a threat still, implying a degree of scaling

Number 6 also believes All Might to be a complete obstacle in his path. Even though All Might is unfathomably stronger, it wouldn’t make sense for Number 6 to be scared of a character he’s almost 3x faster than.
Koichi said “Whoa!” with a shocked face as he dodged the fireball, implying that it is quick in his eyes

The issue is that Koichi doesn't scale to Number 6 when he "fought" Endeavor. If you check that key, he's scaling to Endeavor.

And Number 6's speed isn't in the blitzing range of All Might's. High Hypersonic+ being a threat to a Massive Hypersonic character isn't unbelievable, around a 2.5X difference. Not enough to blitz and All Might could still keep up with him. Along with the fact Number 6 wouldn't even be able to scratch him a single time.

This was brought up and rejected. Just based on the fact Number 6 couldn't beat All Might even with blitzing speed, though it helps they're comparable regardless.

What about Vesige AFO reacting to the fight between Kochi and No 6 from within his body?
I don't see how that means anything. Once again they also aren't in the blitzing range. Number 6 wouldn't be invisible via raw speed, he isn't that fast.

The issue is that Koichi doesn't scale to Number 6 when he "fought" Endeavor. If you check that key, he's scaling to Endeavor.
Yeah I don’t understand why Koichi doesn’t scale to Number 6 in that key?? The fights both occurred in like the same hour if I remember correctly, it isn’t like Koichi suddenly massively jumped in speed. Wasn’t stated that his speed went up

@Therefir

Anyway that we can get bakugou an LS value from withstanding the backblast of his explosions?

He’s letting off some High 8-C explosions in U.A Beginnings and all
Does that translate to anything in newtons?

Yeah I don’t understand why Koichi doesn’t scale to Number 6 in that key?? The fights both occurred in like the same hour if I remember correctly, it isn’t like Koichi suddenly massively jumped in speed. Wasn’t stated that his speed went up
Because Number 6 wasn't going all out and was baffled at the idea that Koichi could match his Overclock speed during their final fight.

So either he's suffering from massive memory loss, or he was just fooling around and wasn't treating Koichi as a proper threat to him. He was not using his max Massively Hypersonic speed or something. Or else him and the AFO vestige aren't making sense when they're confused about Koichi's speed.

Edit: At best Number 6 was using his 10X speed, which is High Hypersonic+ or Mach 70. Barely any higher than the Mach 66.55 rating they scale to.

Idk because even if Number 6 wasn’t going all out initially, I find it weird because when he DID go all out, Koichi begun to react adequately (this makes more sense considering it wasn’t like Koichi was troubled with the 10x speed)

Thus I think it’s unreasonable to assume Koichi got far faster within like an hour from his scuffle with Endeavor. Especially considering there aren’t any direct statements of his speed increasing

Idk because even if Number 6 wasn’t going all out initially, I find it weird because when he DID go all out, Koichi reacted

Thus I think it’s unreasonable to assume Koichi got far faster within like an hour from his scuffle with Endeavor.
It wasn't an hour from his scuffle with Endeavor. Actually what are you talking about?

He also did grow faster in the middle of their fight, Number 6 pointed this out as well with his Quirk changing. Number 6 never took Koichi seriously until after he missed his chance and got burned by Endeavor, when he realized how "awful" Koichi was and he had to die.

@Therefir

Anyway that we can get bakugou an LS value from withstanding the backblast of his explosions?

He’s letting off some High 8-C explosions in U.A Beginnings and all
Does that translate to anything in newtons?
Explosions are instant force like strikes, withstand a strike is not lifting strength.

That's why my Rappa calc was reject and Fat Gum isn't Class M. Despite withstanding a barrage of Class M punches, that wouldn't scale to his lifting strength.

Didn’t they occur in the same night
Not at all. I think we don't know the exact time gap, but it was not in one day.

Koichi stopped Pop at night time, and the next day we see the guys being interviewed and the news about Pop being arrest has been aired. Koichi begins to wait for Number 6 and who knows what Number 6 is doing. We know that by the time things get down, the police managed to get a warrant to arrest Koichi.

Which doesn't happen easily or quickly in real life. Doubt he waited over a month of something, but there is clearly more time than within 24 hours.

Not at all. I think we don't know the exact time gap, but it was not in one day.

Koichi stopped Pop at night time, and the next day we see the guys being interviewed and the news about Pop being arrest has been aired. Koichi begins to wait for Number 6 and who knows what Number 6 is doing. We know that by the time things get down, the police managed to get a warrant to arrest Koichi.

Which doesn't happen easily or quickly in real life. Doubt he waited over a month of something, but there is clearly more time than within 24 hours.
Ah I’m tripping, it has been a min since I read Vigilantes

Do you have the scan of Number 6 commenting on Koichi’s speed increase?

Number 6 could clearly see that Koichi was able to keep up with his normal usage of Overclock, even during the final battle he didn't think much of it.

But when Koichi still kept up despite him finally going all out, it baffled him beyond belief. He even states he'll switch it into High-Gear before Koich suddenly stops his attack with his own attack. "No way! Overclock's speed is unmatched! How'd he interrupt me in my acceleration state?!"

During the Endeavor "fight". Number 6 noted that the energy from Koichi's Quirk was changing and was making him faster.

Koichi's Quirk evolves even further and he ends up flying through the air like a rocket. So yes I highly doubt he was going at his full emergency mode speed during that first encounter, as he didn't even fully consider Koichi to be a real threat in any way.

Hmm.

How about the fact that Edgeshot moved fast enough to save a civilian from Number 6’s lightning clone?
We don't consider those things as being fast as Number 6's max speed, since they aren't even portrayed as being fast.

Normal people can react to them charging at them and it isn't like they have the Overclock Quirk. They aren't even clones, they're projectiles he fired that are shaped like him and he can control. They're more like homing plasma shots.

If they were All Might would scale massively above Massively Hypersonic for blitzing all of those clones with ease.

And what about All For One managing to steal O’Clock’s quirk? I think it’s fair to assume that he was in emergency mode (if you saw the most powerful villain ever, you would be scared)

And what about All For One managing to steal O’Clock’s quirk? I think it’s fair to assume that he was in emergency mode (if you saw the most powerful villain ever, you would be scared)
It was uncertain, since we don't know truly know what happened between them.

Also Weakened AFO is Mach 66.55 and Overclock is Mach 168, that is not a huge difference and being able to land hits on him isn't impossible. The unknown of the situation beyond being hit and losing his powers makes the idea of him scaling to be iffy.

It was uncertain, since we don't know truly know what happened between them.

Also Weakened AFO is Mach 66.55 and Overclock is Mach 168, that is not a huge difference and being able to land hits on him isn't impossible. The unknown of the situation beyond being hit and losing his powers makes the idea of him scaling to be iffy.
Idk I think that it makes sense for AFO to scale above emergency state, considering that AFO didn’t even use the quirk for himself; he passed it to a test subject.

AFO is over 2.5x slower than him. Not blitzing territory but it would be considerably hard for AFO to steal his quirk, since he would need to get super close and literally grab him.

Idk I think that it makes sense for AFO to scale above emergency state, considering that AFO didn’t even use the quirk for himself; he passed it to a test subject.
AFO likely didn't take Overclock for himself for one simple reason. He can't use it when his brain was just recently crushed and cannot breath without a machine. It was noted by Knuckleduster that wearing a gas mask heavily limited his use of Overclock, so I imagine being unable to breath outside of machine would be worse.

The brain drain it'd put on him may have made the Quirk worthless for him, so he gave it to Number 6 to see its potential in action and without risking himself. Since AFO still needs to be "dead" and he can't reveal himself, so obviously he wouldn't even be able to properly test it.

Also Knuckleduster could've been trapped in many ways, maybe once he entered the building it became impossible to leave. Which meant it was an enclosed space with limited room, and he was trapped with someone he couldn't hurt in any way possible. And wasn't fast enough to blitz him.

He also can't Overclock forever, he needs to stop to catch his breath. Which means he's an open target for AFO to blitz.

Also Knuckleduster could've been trapped in many ways, maybe once he entered the building it became impossible to leave. Which meant it was an enclosed space with limited room, and he was trapped with someone he couldn't hurt in any way possible. And wasn't fast enough to blitz him.
I guess this would be a possibility but I’m not sure; maybe Knuckleduster could have broken a window or something and escaped. The whole situation is skeptical but the speed gap makes it hard to believe AFO stole Overclock.

For perspective, Usain Bolt’s top speed is around 12.21 m/s, and the average human runs at 5 m/s. Meaning that the gap between Overclock and AFO would be larger than the gap between a normal human and Usain Bolt.

You're making a lot of assumptions. Assuming there was a window he could escape from, which I doubt since AFO isn't that stupid.

And you seem to be forgetting O'Clock cannot use his Quirk forever and needs to stop, which lets him get blitz. When he see O'Clock getting hit by AFO, he doesn't have the Overclock electricity on him, which could imply that he was hit when he wasn't using his Quirk to accelerate.

Either AFO hit him instantly before he could realize and activate his Quirk, or he just waited a few seconds for Overclock to turn off and blitz him.

And you seem to be forgetting O'Clock cannot use his Quirk forever and needs to stop, which lets him get blitz. When he see O'Clock getting hit by AFO, he doesn't have the Overclock electricity on him, which could imply that he was hit when he wasn't using his Quirk to accelerate.
This could also imply that AFO was in the midst of taking his quirk. Same way that when Nine attempted to steal Deku’s quirk, the electricity around him stopped

This could also imply that AFO was in the midst of taking his quirk. Same way that when Nine attempted to steal Deku’s quirk, the lightning around him stopped
Too many assumptions for scaling to be possible. The fact that we don't know how the fight went down for real is proof that no scaling is happening.

No blitz is possible, enclosed space, and he can't accelerate forever. And who knows what else could've happen that hindered him?

Nothing states AFO > Overclock max speed. Just a possibility with theories. The scene works even if AFO is slower than him.

Back to All Might’s scaling however, I feel that All Might being much stronger than Number 6 isn’t enough for him to be feared. AM literally can’t be an obstacle if he isn’t fast enough to tag Number 6.

Like I said, it’s the equivalent of Usain Bolt perceiving a human as an obstacle. All Might cannot tag Number 6. I think the narrative portrayal of All Might is enough to warrant scaling

Shigaraki with Decay and Overclock is the equivalent of Raiden with Blade mode and HF blade. That shit would win him so many matches

Overclock takes practice and skill to use, and its side effect is brain drain.
While having displayed utter incompetence and stupidity at times, AFO is generally supposed to be an intelligent villain, so using a speed quirk that could deprive his brain of oxygen if he overuses it would be impractical, and AFO is too lazy to master it.

Supposedly, AFO can just find a random quirk that counteracts it, but as seen with Number 6, seems like he couldn't find one and it would need Nomufication to get past that weakness.
Theoretically, he could've designed Shigaraki to be able to use it, being the perfect Nomu and all. But it's likely that as with the intended result of having a base body comparable to All Might, AFO just considered it as unnecessary.

This week’s episode is out btw.

Tartarus escape was adapted well with a few extra scenes like Gyges and his bro talking before they die and the fighting a little bit longer. Tomura’s body looks more recovered in the anime and strangely his messed up hand is like 80% healed when he gets to Tartarus. Also I somehow didn’t notice but AFO seemed to have some mind control power or something in the anime which was kind of unclear in the manga. Best of all Nagant showed up and she of course looks great.

Next episode is the Hellish Todoroki family 2

Episode adapted Chapter 297 and the rest of chapter 298. As they did part of it in the last episode.

Interesting that they're making it seem like the Near High-Ends aren't bullet proof like in the manga, and instead are protected by a barrier. Despite the anime showing Lower Tier Nomu being bullet proof in Season 3. Guess they're using a much higher caliber.

The cameras in Tartarus don't shown Kurogiri, obviously because he's not really there. The scene in the manga was without a doubt just a red herring. Smarter readers did notice that it was strange how AFO didn't have Kurogiri and quickly figured out he wasn't really there. Though some people were still confused.

Also they showed a small snippet of Stain that comes from Chapter 328, which I find interesting. I don't know if that means we'll get to Chapter 328.

Next episode seems to be Chapter 299 to Chapter 300.

This is a slower pace of two chapters per episode. This pace has to speed up, since that'd end in Chapter 318. And we know we're at least getting Class 1-A bringing Izuku back. It's possible, but maybe the season could end in chapter 322 with Bakugo's apology? Though I think chapter 325 is also likely.

The reason I think chapter 325 is because the ending shows the star head guy from the first chapter/episode again, making me think we'll get his speech as well. It wasn't like the shot was from when he told Izuku he was rooting for him either, it was just a shot of him being part of the "audience" watching the "performance".

Also we got an anime render for Lady Nagant, and we saw her for the first time. Thankfully the anime's cards make it clear to everyone that the armless guy was Chisaki. Since I noticed some people were confused on if that was Chisaki when the chapter came out.

Tartarus escape was adapted well with a few extra scenes like Gyges and his bro talking before they die and the fighting a little bit longer. Tomura’s body looks more recovered in the anime and strangely his messed up hand is like 80% healed when he gets to Tartarus. Also I somehow didn’t notice but AFO seemed to have some mind control power or something in the anime which was kind of unclear in the manga. Best of all Nagant showed up and she of course looks great.
The added scenes were nice.

Also yeah AFO should have mind control or body puppetry via head contact. Considering the blank look in his eyes and head contact, it makes me think mind control.

Back