• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

This episode was HEAT. I loved the expansion on how they took on Tartarus, and the villains escaping really played up how bad it is they got out. Loved the Muscular reintroduction, giving him a couple more shots before revealing him. Anime onlies gonna go wild over him and Overhaul.

Again, only about 2 chapters this time adapted. We’re definitely not making it to Star this season. Does mean we’ll get a raw as hell fight to begin the next/final season though.

Excited to see the Dabi stuff adapted next, and especially of the episode after when they maybe get to the OFA chapters.

Episode adapted Chapter 297 and the rest of chapter 298. As they did part of it in the last episode.

Interesting that they're making it seem like the Near High-Ends aren't bullet proof like in the manga, and instead are protected by a barrier. Despite the anime showing Lower Tier Nomu being bullet proof in Season 3. Guess they're using a much higher caliber.

The cameras in Tartarus don't shown Kurogiri, obviously because he's not really there. The scene in the manga was without a doubt just a red herring. Smarter readers did notice that it was strange how AFO didn't have Kurogiri and quickly figured out he wasn't really there. Though some people were still confused.

Also they showed a small snippet of Stain that comes from Chapter 328, which I find interesting. I don't know if that means we'll get to Chapter 328.

Next episode seems to be Chapter 299 to Chapter 300.

This is a slower pace of two chapters per episode. This pace has to speed up, since that'd end in Chapter 318. And we know we're at least getting Class 1-A bringing Izuku back. It's possible, but maybe the season could end in chapter 322 with Bakugo's apology? Though I think chapter 325 is also likely.

The reason I think chapter 325 is because the ending shows the star head guy from the first chapter/episode again, making me think we'll get his speech as well. It wasn't like the shot was from when he told Izuku he was rooting for him either, it was just a shot of him being part of the "audience" watching the "performance".

Also we got an anime render for Lady Nagant, and we saw her for the first time. Thankfully the anime's cards make it clear to everyone that the armless guy was Chisaki. Since I noticed some people were confused on if that was Chisaki when the chapter came out.
The anime is just inconsistent. The Near High-ends do tank bullets directly in the manga. I think anime filler should be recognized for what it is same for all that stuff that was added of AFO/Shigaraki somehow one tapping Mirio, Nejire, etc. It looks cool but it's just filler some of which contradicts stuff in the manga.

Same with air canon being changed from how it looked in the manga and season 3 to now being similar to Nine's quirk when its impossible for AFO to have any of Nine's quirks since he stole them from active heroes after getting out of the pod.

I know, it was just an observation. I wonder if some of you guys actually think anime filler or only stuff is going to be accepted on this wiki?

I've seen people take the anime changes too seriously. Some good/bad, but is nothing more serious than that.

I find it interesting. Even if the changes have me questioning them.

Last edited:
I know, it was just an observation. I wonder if some of you guys actually think anime filler or only stuff is going to be accepted on this wiki?

I've seen people take the anime changes too seriously. Some good/bad, but is nothing more serious than that.

I find it interesting. Even if the changes have me questioning them.
I don’t mind, if it’s that consistent with it (multiple scenes across multiple episodes) then I don’t mind, nor something like Deku’s 100% barrage against overhaul, because it doesn’t hyperboost the verses stats, just shows that in every adaptation there’s feats that are on that level (It’s HHS+ I believe)
Fun fact: Nagant's VA also voices Anya from Spy x Family.
That’s hilarious

Yes, we accept it as such since he first showed it off. The first use we saw of Radio Waves was to turn off their communications.
Can it turn off electrical devices that don't rely on radio waves like idk a fridge or a washing machine ?

Can it turn off electrical devices that don't rely on radio waves like idk a fridge or a washing machine ?
If it uses electricity it can be shut off with an EMP. Is it wrong for me to believe you aren't familiar with EMPs?

Radio waves and EMPs are basically the same thing.

EMP: Electromagnetic Pulse. A radio wave is an electromagnetic wave. So a powerful burst of radio waves is an EMP.

Is it wrong for me to believe you aren't familiar with EMPs?
No, in fact you are very correct, physics and mathematics were never my strong suit let alone ones not in my native tounge. Thanks for the fun fact, makes you wonder why that Shigaraki vs Ultron match didn't immediately end the moment he uses RW since Ultron would've just dropped the moment he did it

No, in fact you are very correct, physics and mathematics were never my strong suit let alone ones not in my native tounge. Thanks for the fun fact, makes you wonder why that Shigaraki vs Ultron match didn't immediately end the moment he uses RW since Ultron would've just dropped the moment he did it
I highly doubt Ultron doesn't have some kind of EMP resistance. Or maybe EMPs don't effect him period.

Though I also don't know much about Ultron beyond being a comic book character.

I highly doubt Ultron doesn't have some kind of EMP resistance. Or maybe EMPs don't effect him period.

The movies don't go into it but in the comics he is pretty OP and resistant to such stuff.

It's MCU Ultron who iirc has a disturbing lack of EMP resist. Shiggy got matched with him when the MCU was still 7-A and not 6-B. Some argued the match was a stomp since Shigaraki can just RW and insta win but some countered that it'll just shut down his drones and access to the Internet but the main body would still be functional which has since confused me on the full capabilities of Shigaraki's RW

That link doesn't work by the way.
Of course it doesn't, I copy pasted it from the wiki.

Links like those kind always don't work when anyone does that, for some reason I'd have to manual change them. Which I'm not going to do here.

Edit: Never mind, this is better I think. Using the [[Media:link.png/jpg/gif]] always does weird things. I prefer [[:File:link.png/jpg/gif]], but I was told to stop using it.

Was about to make a match where I would pit one of the MHA characters against Gene from God Hand, but there's only two supporters for the verse, and they're both fairly busy I presume.

honestly, I still feel like we don’t scale it right

Because (say for instance nine), that 2000 m/s is still a factor at play at the first of those 10 cm
of course I am dumb, so it’s not like I can figure out a method myself, and it’s only food for thought here
Something like this?

I didn't want to bog up the CRT so I'm replying to your comment here instead. Assuming this is correct, Bakugo and 8% speed characters would become Hypersonic+.

Ngl I always believed we could just average the two values. I’m not sure how the physics work of nitroglycerin but I don’t think it immediately drops to 400 m/s

Ngl I always believed we could just average the two values. I’m not sure how the physics work of nitroglycerin but I don’t think it immediately drops to 400 m/s
Unless I've lost my mind, yes this would still be a bit of a low ball. Since it wouldn't instantly drop to 400 m/s, but the difference could happen quick enough that it wouldn't change the results by a large amount. We aren't told how long it takes to go down to 400 m/s, just that it happens suddenly.

Once again, assuming what I'm doing is right in the first place.

We aren't told how long it takes to go down to 400 m/s, just that it happens suddenly.
19 centimeters is still nearly double of those first 10 centimeters, I don't think it's a good idea to use some kind of average speed between those distances.
Speaking of speed, why doesn’t Overhaul scale to baseline High Hypersonic for being faster than Rappa whose weaker version was equal to Mach 21?
Being faster doesn't automatically makes you jump to the next tier, and there's some room between Mach 21 and Mach 25, it's not like the feat was something like Mach 24.63, similar to Nine's case.

19 centimeters is still nearly double of those first 10 centimeters, I don't think it's a good idea to use some kind of average speed between those distances.
I'm not using an average though.

The first 10 seconds it's 2000 m/s you said, than it suddenly drops to 400 m/s. That's how I calculated it in the sandbox above.

Instead of assuming the entire 19+ cm was 400 m/s like I did before.

Being faster doesn't automatically makes you jump to the next tier, and there's some room between Mach 21 and Mach 25, it's not like the feat was something like Mach 24.63, similar to Nine's case.
It’s like two levels of being faster, unless we’re trying to say Rappa didn’t get much faster at all, like less than 1.2x faster with a speed based quirk, in several years. And then you have Overhaul swatting him like a fly. You even have Nighteye staring at Rappa’s clone mid-punch and easily bodying him like his speed is nothing.

I doubt that Nighteye is “1.15x faster than Rappa” for us to not believe they simply upscale.

And beyond even that, you then have 20% Deku who is faster even than Overhaul and Nighteye.

Mach 21 = Vigs Rappa < Current Rappa < Overhaul and Nighteye < 20% Deku

There is “wiggle room” and there’s “they are blatantly faster than that speed by more than 1.2x”

Back