• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Quirkless Shigaraki was getting jumped by 5 different heroes and still dominated the fight until Endeavor let out a surprise attack and essentially sucker punched him with his strongest move in his arsenal.

Even in a straight 1v1, AFO failed to defeat All Might in his weakest state. Egghead man is the real jobber

I just saw a leak of the new opening animation for MHA’s second cour

Looks so cool, feels gritty like a Batman film. Doesn’t have the lightheartedness of usual MHA OPs

AFO who was possessing Shiggy just lost to Deku and simply shed his injured skin to be back to normal health and nuked UA...

I mean WTF, AFO Shigaraki is so ******* busted
He probably wouldn’t be able to do this if he didn’t also get his Quirks back at the same time, but yeah, he’s a god damn problem.

I just saw a leak of the new opening animation for MHA’s second cour

Looks so cool, feels gritty like a Batman film. Doesn’t have the lightheartedness of usual MHA OPs
That OP is fantastic, really different theme they’re giving out. Also the art style is god tier, love that shot of Tenko and all the Dark Deku shots.

Also Nagant fight is going to be insane.

He probably wouldn’t be able to do this if he didn’t also get his Quirks back at the same time, but yeah, he’s a god damn problem.

That OP is fantastic, really different theme they’re giving out. Also the art style is god tier, love that shot of Tenko and all the Dark Deku shots.

Also Nagant fight is going to be insane.
They had Nakamura animate portions of the opening, this makes me think we’re getting some fantastic animation for their fight

So something weird, even despite having his quirk (which contains his personality) erased, AFO was still in control of Shigaraki's body. Does this mean that the personality is only somewhat tied to the quirk? Or that the personality attached to a quirk can't be suppressed through Erasing a quirk?

So something weird, even despite having his quirk (which contains his personality) erased, AFO was still in control of Shigaraki's body. Does this mean that the personality is only somewhat tied to the quirk? Or that the personality attached to a quirk can't be suppressed through Erasing a quirk?
Erasure suppresses the Quirk Factor from activating, but can’t actually erase the effects of the Quirk (like how he can make Ojiro’s tail not move but can’t get rid of the tail itself). Since the personality mash up is a real, physical mutation of Shigaraki’s body and the Quirk Factor of AFO (growing his hair, the growth, the loss of identity), then Erasure won’t get rid of that.

Aizawa doesn't erase, damage, or hinder Quirks in any way.

His Quirk prevents people from using their own Quirk in the first place by disabling their Quirk factor, he doesn't make them disappear. That's why his Erasure is less effective on mutant Quirks, since he can't make their extra limbs or whatever go away.

Edit: Ninja'd

Aizawa doesn't erase, damage, or hinder Quirks in any way.

His Quirk prevents people from using their own Quirk in the first place by disabling their Quirk factor, he doesn't make them disappear. That's why his Erasure is less effective on mutant Quirks, since he can't make their extra limbs or whatever go away.

Edit: Ninja'd
Erasure suppresses the Quirk Factor from activating, but can’t actually erase the effects of the Quirk (like how he can make Ojiro’s tail not move but can’t get rid of the tail itself). Since the personality mash up is a real, physical mutation of Shigaraki’s body and the Quirk Factor of AFO (growing his hair, the growth, the loss of identity), then Erasure won’t get rid of that.
By that logic, if Eri were to rewind Shigaraki to before he had AFO, would AFO's personality also disappear?
Similarly, are the personalities within AFO currently being destroyed while he is being rewound?

By that logic, if Eri were to rewind Shigaraki to before he had AFO, would AFO's personality also disappear?
Similarly, are the personalities within AFO currently being destroyed while he is being rewound?
Eri's Rewind is unknown, but I assume she could do that if she can control her power.

However AFO isn't rewinding via the full effects of Eri's Quirk, he injected himself with a modified version of the Quirk Erasing Drug that Chisaki made. Chisaki's drug only effected the Quirks and had zero effect on a person's body. This drug AFO took appears to be doing the opposite. The doctor modified the drug to do this.

Meaning AFO's body is rewinding back to his physical prime while his Quirks remain untouched.

Note: That part in italics is just speculation and not factual, so take that with a grain of salt. The real answer is that we don't know until they tell us. I'm assuming AFO's Quirks are untouched since we've seen him use two Quirks that he had before his rewind. His flight and barrier to be exact. But I could be wrong here.

IDK if I agree with that.

Standing your ground and taking hits by blocking with your forearm isn't what I'd call a Striking Strength feat.

I think he'd at least need to catch the strike with his hand or something.

That would show he stopped it using his own strength, not by holding his ground and being durable. Which has nothing to do with Striking Strength.
Doesnt Overhaul have High 8-C+ Striking Strength for the same feat tho? Blocking a punch is different than simply withstanding a direct hit to the face, u are halting the energy of the attack

Doesnt Overhaul have High 8-C+ Striking Strength for the same feat tho? Blocking a punch is different than simply withstanding a direct hit to the face, u are halting the energy of the attack
Chisaki didn't block a punch by holding his ground. He caught and stopped a spike that was thrown at him by 8% Izuku.

I feel like that isn't comparable to what Todoroki is doing. Holding your ground is just lifting strength, which is what Todoroki is doing here.

Edit: I admit I feel a little iffy about calling what Chisaki did striking strength either, but I'm not knowledgeable about this stuff.

The small details are amazing in this one
ds51fBQ.png

Since there are 12 episodes remaining, they would need to keep a pace of 3 chapters per episode to make it. 38/12 = 3.1 chapters.

This tells use a lot, if they do anything extra or do 2 chapters in a single episode. It makes the idea of it ending on the Star and Stripe fight less likely. And if they have an entire filler episode, we are without a doubt not getting the Star and Stripe stuff at all.
Going off this comment I made, after seeing episode 14 I highly doubt Star and Stripe's battle will take place in this season.

I didn't see a single hint of Star and Stripe or anything in the new opening. Episode 14 adapted 296 and part of 298 with Re-Destro. They expanded on some scenes that I'm glad we saw more of, such as the students finding Midnight and the aftermath of Machia's destruction.

Assuming 3 chapter per episode from episode 15, that'd be 33 chapters. This would end on Chapter 329, which means the ending would be Shigaraki confronting Star. To be honest I don't see that being how the season will end, I think Star and Stripes arrival will be an after credits thing. And we won't see Shiggy confronting her.

I think there's a high chance we'll be getting more expanded material. How much can only be speculated, but either way I'm looking forward to it.

Note: That opening was great.

Going off this comment I made, after seeing episode 14 I highly doubt Star and Stripe's battle will take place in this season.

I didn't see a single hint of Star and Stripe or anything in the new opening. Episode 14 adapted 296 and part of 298 with Re-Destro. They expanded on some scenes that I'm glad we saw more of, such as the students finding Midnight and the aftermath of Machia's destruction.

Assuming 3 chapter per episode from episode 15, that'd be 33 chapters. This would end on Chapter 329, which means the ending would be Shigaraki confronting Star. To be honest I don't see that being how the season will end, I think Star and Stripes arrival will be an after credits thing. And we won't see Shiggy confronting her.

I think there's a high chance we'll be getting more expanded material. How much can only be speculated, but either way I'm looking forward to it.

Note: That opening was great.
Ending on “This is the story of how we all became the greatest heroes” or at least around there would be pretty great.

Back