• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Rusty, what are you cooking back there?
1aa1blank.png

Assuming Rusty's & Acer's glorious 8-B calcs get accepted(hopefully they are), who would scale to what? What would the base Dekus scale to, the 5%s/8%s

Assuming Rusty's & Acer's glorious 8-B calcs get accepted(hopefully they are), who would scale to what? What would the base Dekus scale to, the 5%s/8%s
going off 8%, everyone using Twin Impact scaling would become High 8-C+, including Base Deku. Then a bunch, and I mean a BUNCH, of people go from High 8-C to 8-B. Like, way too ******* many people get upgraded from 5/8% being upgraded.

5% getting upgraded to 8-B wouldnt that mean that people like base Deku would downscale to baseline 8-B (He’s said not to be too much weaker than it)
Yeah and the ones like Monoma can still stay High 8-C+ since they are mentioned to be weaker than base Deku

going off 8%, everyone using Twin Impact scaling would become High 8-C+, including Base Deku. Then a bunch, and I mean a BUNCH, of people go from High 8-C to 8-B. Like, way too ******* many people get upgraded from 5/8% being upgraded.
And poor old Todoroki is still only unquantifiably stronger than Base Deku

At least Todoroki went from throttling ss2 Azula to throttling ss3 Azula. Speaking of Todoroki, can't we give him at least class 1 LS for being stronger than BOS Base Deku(and likely class 5 for later arcs like Bakugou)?

At least Todoroki went from throttling ss2 Azula to throttling ss3 Azula. Speaking of Todoroki, can't we give him at least class 1 LS for being stronger than BOS Base Deku(and likely class 5 for later arcs like Bakugou)?
I proposed this a while back

Question. Pretty sure it's inevitable we'll see Gentle again at this point, however what would we do if he gets higher scaling or better feats?

His keys are his base and lover mode. Let's say he ends up scaling to a Near High-End or something, what would we label his keys as? Note: I highly doubt he'd physically contend with a Near High-End or something, just that his Quirk would be able to stop their attacks, bounce them back, or whatever.

Base | Lover Mode | ???

Base (Pre-Final Act) | Lover Mode (Pre-Final Act) | Base (Final Act) | Lover Mode (Final Act)

Assuming La Brava can activate her Lover Mode from wherever she is. Or he shows up in Lover Mode and it has a longer time limit.

Question. Pretty sure it's inevitable we'll see Gentle again at this point, however what would we do if he gets higher scaling or better feats?

His keys are his base and lover mode. Let's say he ends up scaling to a Near High-End or something, what would we label his keys as? Note: I highly doubt he'd physically contend with a Near High-End or something, just that his Quirk would be able to stop their attacks, bounce them back, or whatever.

Base | Lover Mode | ???

Base (Pre-Final Act) | Lover Mode (Pre-Final Act) | Base (Final Act) | Lover Mode (Final Act)

Assuming La Brava can activate her Lover Mode from wherever she is. Or he shows up in Lover Mode and it has a longer time limit.
Just separate by arcs and don’t make lover mode it’s own thing.

Culture Festival Arc | Final Act

8-C, High 8-C with Lover Mode | ???, ??? with Lover Mode

Just separate by arcs and don’t make lover mode it’s own thing.

Culture Festival Arc | Final Act

8-C, High 8-C with Lover Mode | ???, ??? with Lover Mode
Lover Mode isn't an ability he can activate. It's La Brava's Quirk, I'd assume that's why it's a key and not shown like that.

However I do find the idea of a temporary transformation that'll automatically run out being a key as weird. So I'd prefer that than making four keys.

Base | Lover Mode | ???

Why are his base form and Lover Mode in two different keys when the latter is a temporary boost without any additional attributes? His Tier should preferably look like "A-1, B-1 in Lover Mode".

Ninja'd.

Last edited:
So this is what, 3 8-B feats? Any other ones we’re missing?
39.44 Tons of TNT for Nine's lightning bolt. Should scale to Kaminari's durability as the energy he couldn't absorb is what made that crater, and he's dead center.

Should also scale to 8% Izuku and Bakugo, as they withstood a lightning strike from Nine.

And Kaminari wasn't around to absorb a lot of the energy, so even though it "defeated" them, they should still scale to that value.

Assuming the calc is accepted though.

Possible electric resist for Shigaraki? As he was able to withstand Kaminari 1,300,000 volts electricity twice(alongside all the other heroes's electricity) without fainting or suffer from any after effects(he was stunned but didn't suffer prolonged paralysis or electrical burns) when much lower voltage can potentially kill or at least render others unconscious.iirc he was shocked mid-air so there's no ground for the electricity to transfer to. I'm not knowledgeable on the subject so can anyone correct me?

39.44 Tons of TNT for Nine's lightning bolt. Should scale to Kaminari's durability as the energy he couldn't absorb is what made that crater, and he's dead center.

Should also scale to 8% Izuku and Bakugo, as they withstood a lightning strike from Nine.

And Kaminari wasn't around to absorb a lot of the energy, so even though it "defeated" them, they should still scale to that value.

Assuming the calc is accepted though.
Well well well, what do ya know. God damn Kaminari is how we get 8-B 8%. Who would have guessed it.

That's only 1,4x away from baseline 8-B+. Wonder if we can upscale any character/technique to that
Don’t think so, would need a case for it. Also he was kinda KO’d by this, though absorbing the lightning likely did most of the damage to him rather than the crater given how he physically looks.

So don’t see much of an upscale happening.

Also Base Final Act Deku still more durable than his own 8%, truly built different

I mean unless we say Kaminari absorbed most of the lightnings energy so it was massively weaker than it usually is, which would make 8% and Bakugo 8-B+ for surviving it while already injured and moving afterwards. But I doubt that.

I mean unless we say Kaminari absorbed most of the lightnings energy so it was massively weaker than it usually is, which would make 8% and Bakugo 8-B+ for surviving it while already injured and moving afterwards. But I doubt that.
Isn’t that what happened though?

He took alot of the energy onto himself so it isn’t unlikely he took a fair amount of potential damage

Can Chimera get to 8-B+ with his transformation, given that he already upscale from 8% in his base form?

We must go find another lightning bolt feat
There’s this from when he hit Deku and Bakugo, but idk if it’s as good as Kaminari’s one even if you added them together.

Can Chimera get to 8-B+ with his transformation, given that he already upscale from 8% in his base form?
Given he’s unharmed by literally everyone, yeah I can see that.

Kaminari's the one that had notable feats of getting hit though, so...

Lots of people are gonna be upscaled here, I guess. Like Tsuyu. Maybe even Compress lol since he hurt PLF arc Kaminari.

There’s this from when he hit Deku and Bakugo, but idk if it’s as good as Kaminari’s one even if you added them together.

It depends on how we really treat it?

I can try drawing a circle and getting a radius from that and treat it like a spherical cap.
or maybe draw a line from edge of it to frame and use that as radius?
because the one on the left seems to be much bigger than the one on the right

There’s also the explosion from right before that, that can likely be added to the results

It depends on how we really treat it?

I can try drawing a circle and getting a radius from that and treat it like a spherical cap.
or maybe draw a line from edge of it to frame and use that as radius?
because the one on the left seems to be much bigger than the one on the right

There’s also the explosion from right before that, that can likely be added to the results
Godspeed soldier

Yes, considering that Chimera is unbelievably superior to everyone he fought and could oneshot a character that was 8% level in base form

Not fully onboard with the upscaling here. Tanking/overpowering doesn't seem enough for me. Chimera did flinch in slight pain when Iida kicked him and there is no obvious signs that his attack shattered any of Sato or Ojiro's bones. One shot is a variable.

Character A can one shot Character B, but can still be inferior to Character C who didn't one shot Character B. That's because one shot just means defeating someone in one hit, and knocking out someone on par with you is very easy and happens all that time.

Rappa didn't one shot Kirishima, but he did break both of his arms with one punch. While Chimera only knocked out Sugar Rush Sato in one hit. But the gap between Rappa and Kirshima is clearly higher than the gap between Chimera and Sato. Even though Chimera one shotted his opponent and Rappa didn't.

The gap between possible future Chimera and baseline 8-B+ is slightly higher than the gap he has now between High 8-C+ and baseline 8-B. We do not rate base Chimera as baseline 8-B, only his transformation. So the absolute best we could say is that transformed Chimera is 8-B+, but honestly I'd disagree.

However Chimera's transformed fire breath could scale to Unbreakable Kirishima. Since his breath attack was able to tear off a piece of Kirishima's body.

Forgot to mention but I got Bakugo's Howitzer Impact calculated and evaluated as being 8-A. So Unbreakable Kirishima has 8-A durability.

Back