• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Just noticed that Bakugou could overpower Sato’s attempt to restrain him, even in a weakened state fresh out of a coma.

Bakugou needs “At least Class 5

Doesn't matter, Star is still going to confirm they're lasers when she literally has to say "laser" to use her quirk

Nice try though
What? We don't accept the jets as being light speed, lasers don't equal automatically equal light speed here.

They lack the evidence this wiki requires to be proven as light speed. Multiple staff have agree on that. The manga already calls them lasers and is not good enough.

The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.
The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources.
It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.
It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera.

Also remember this. The anime is not more canon than the manga, if there is new stuff added to the anime with the lasers we will ignore it. One more thing...

Furthermore, there are a few criteria which show a beam is NOT real light

It is shown at different speeds in the same material.
It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans.
They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above.)

Please note that the opposite of these criteria do not prove a beam is at lightspeed, merely that it could be, should it meet the first list of criteria.

Being unable to interact with the laser physically and it moving in a straight line isn't evidence of being light speed.

Something like this would've already been stated in universe if it was true, which is why I don't buy such things.
We know the series stated that a) physiological changes such as losing an extra joing (albeit a rudimentary basis), and b) the narrative of quirkless people not being capable of becoming heroes.

I agree that this theory cannot be truly confirmed or denied at this point in time and Horikoshi is just doing whatever it is he wants that is convenient for his story. But it's at least a theory that is more credible given the facts I mentioned about the series.

Being unable to interact with the laser physically and it moving in a straight line isn't evidence of being light speed.
Yep.
There are also cases where even being made of actual light won't necessarily make the attack itself as light speed. Some cases of lightning attacks back in the day had this issues lol

Context is key. We'll get the juicy feats eventually anyways as the arc is still far from over.

What? We don't accept the jets as being light speed, lasers don't equal automatically equal light speed here.

They lack the evidence this wiki requires to be proven as light speed. Multiple staff have agree on that. The manga already calls them lasers and is not good enough.

The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.
It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.

Also remember this. The anime is not more canon than the manga, if there is new stuff added to the anime with the lasers we will ignore it. One more thing...

They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above.)

Please note that the opposite of these criteria do not prove a beam is at lightspeed, merely that it could be, should it meet the first list of criteria.

I know that this isn’t necessarily one of the criteria but the lasers do come from futuristic US technology, and America is known to be like the main country that creates photonic lasers

See I don't actually have a problem with this, I do have an issue that with multiple other series on this wiki they're listed as light speed or FTL because of laser feats

We can use this criteria, but then all the Black Clover, Fairy Tail, One Piece light speed wank would all have to be thrown out

Of course that likely isn't going to happen but then again VsWiki/Battles isn't known for being reliable or credible so it doesn't really matter regardless

From what I hear, those verses do indeed fit the criteria. It isn't fact that they fail and shouldn't be lightspeed. Lasers can indeed be lightspeed if there is proof of it.

But we need evidence for it, if you feel like those series don't have evidence you should ask around and see why they're accepted as lightspeed.

However let's not bog up the MHA thread by discussing other verses.

From what I hear, those verses do indeed fit the criteria. It isn't fact that they fail and shouldn't be lightspeed. Lasers can indeed be lightspeed if there is proof of it.

But we need evidence for it, if you feel like those series don't have evidence you should ask around and see why they're accepted as lightspeed.

However let's not bog up the MHA thread by discussing other verses.
They really don't and those feats can absolutely be debunked using the same metrics, criteria and logic being used here. In fact I would absolutely and gladly challenge anyone on this or any site to show me a few later that wouldn't get torn apart by these same metrics and criteria

Not only that there are quite a number of feats in the wiki calced as MHS or even MHS+ because a character reacted to an electrical based attack (not actual lightning) but somehow Kaminari electrical attacks don't get the same benefit and are calced at mach 2.

We're not discussing other series but more so the severe flaws, inconsistency and double standards.

Last edited:
Tell me you don't read without telling me you don't read
Caught up with the anime, more than half way caught up with the manga

One of the few good things to come out of Comicvine is this thread debunking all of Black Clover light speed crap.

this is not a good post lol, never has been

licht's strongest spell is light speed, yuno, asta, and nozel all react to and block it after its been fired. yuno and nozel dont have "precog" and asta's precog variation cannot help with reactions to attacks that are too fast for asta to process

anyways that will be my only non mha post here

Low 7-B Howitzer makes me wish we got to see Bakugou do a Howitzer Impact combined with OFA bruh
Iirc, OFA is additive not multiplicative so a OFA enhanced HI would probably be only slightly stronger than a regular OFA enhanced punch

Oh wow the leak scans for Chapter 377 just came out. When the official chapter is coming out in a few hours.

The cherry blossom thing is interesting, implying they've missed their chance to grab the moment. Monoma ends up blinking and Shigaraki unleashes one hell of an explosion the very second he got his Quirks back. Also how revolting, Shigaraki's body just turned inside out.

Shigaraki popped out of his own stomach, what the living hell is going on with his body? Now Shigaraki's old skin is hanging around his body, it's disgusting. His body starts off looking like muscle but it seems like Super Regen grows new skin on him? I love but hate everything about this.

The downside of Izuku's Gearshift is that he'll stop being able to breath, which is pretty big. So I imagine this weakness only happens when he does it to himself. The same weakness would apply if he speed up someone else... Like Bakugo for example.

Well Shigaraki's taken control again, at long last. Also pack it up boys, Mandalay stated Shigaraki with his Quirks can destroy the world. Clearly High 6-A at the least.

Also, while I'm not the only one who called. Big YES that La Brava is back and fighting Skeptic in a hacking battle. The second user's line about the seeds Izuku planted beginning to sprout have me think there will be more. Of course we're going to see Gentle, can't have La Brava without Gentle doing something.

What is the possibility of Lady Nagant being a little recovered and doing something?

All in all? An amazing chapter that gives hope for the heroes while not underselling what is happening. The situation is still grave right now, but no one is giving up. Would love to see a bunch of returning characters show up during these moments. Horikoshi, please give me Koichi and Captain Celebrity.

Actually no, Mandalay states if they touch the ground he'll destroy the world. Implying this won't be overtime but basically instant, meaning Shiggy is 5-B not High 6-A.

We're joking but imagine Shigaraki does make the entire world shake or something, that'd only be Low 6-B but still an impressive feat I can see Horikoshi doing.

Though I imagine we'll get another cloud split at some point.

We're joking but imagine Shigaraki does make the entire world shake or something, that'd only be Low 6-B but still an impressive feat I can see Horikoshi doing.
Imagine if Shigaraki shoots at Deku with an Air Cannon, he blocks it but the aftershock is still so strong it reaches the moon and blow a hole through it Assassination Classroom style

I just want Deku (or Shigaraki) to lift Mount Fuji and throw it towards the other.
Deku smacks Shigaraki across the face with UA incoming?

Also, more Blackwhip Constructs please. And maybe some more reality bending stuff from Gear Shift.

As for Shigaraki, I’m hoping he has Overclock and Weather Operations, as well as some other really badass and strong Quirks.

Back