• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

That moment you realise Hawks and Edgeshot have never punched or kicked anyone in the story.
We never seemed to have a problem scaling characters with weapons even with the piercing damage advantage.
Case in point: Himiko Toga's "higher with equipment" rating or her claws scratching Deku.

Not like I'm against the current ratings, which are simply being conservative and avoiding too much scaling. Just asking if there can be other ways to put a definitive rating there.

The problem with Hawks is the ambiguity of the damage he can deal to the High Ends and the only other person he injures also has an Unknown rating lol
Inb4 Hawks slices Prime AFO

Also, will we ever give Hawks a proper rating or will he remain Unknown? He might get new feats in the future though.
The future is unknown after all.

But right now he has zero feats. At best we can say his weapons are sharp enough to cut characters who have a certain level of durability.

His durability is still nothing.

7-A/High 6-C Fierce Wings it is, then.

🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗
He himself directly states that he can't do much to power types but we still see him do serious damage to lower tier nomu's in one go

I think that his rating should be around High 8-C himself (He is, quite literally the #2 Hero) but have durability and his fierce wings AP/SS in a downscaling 7-A/High 6-C.

Durability because we rate Dabi's fire as having power equal to endeavors Flashfire Fist, and yet despite also being weak to fire he actually took a few hits from it (He had burn scars on front of his face he had to be hit atleast once).
And Fierce Wings has been shown to pierce into High End's like Hood iirc, so it should be able to downscale

The Dabi arguments might work, since in the very same fight Dabi used a surprise attack against Hawks by brute forcing through a wall.

Dabi was likely holding back, Hawks even notices after killing Twice his flames get hotter. The blast he uses against Hawks are inferior to what he did against Geten and Endeavor. High 8-C is baseless, Dabi's fire isn't High 8-C. Being the number 2 hero means nothing either.

Dabi was having fun torturing Hawks and making him suffer. The blast of fire doesn't even push Hawks with force, it covers and surrounds him like normal fire.

Same reason Todoroki isn't 7-A for surviving Dabi's Jet Burn, it didn't carry any force behind it. Unlike his Jet Burn during their second battle, which did carry force.

Dabi was likely holding back, Hawks even notices after killing Twice his flames get hotter. The blast he uses against Hawks are inferior to what he did against Geten and Endeavor. High 8-C is baseless, Dabi's fire isn't High 8-C. Being the number 2 hero means nothing either.

Dabi was having fun torturing Hawks and making him suffer. The blast of fire doesn't even push Hawks with force, it covers and surrounds him like normal fire.

Same reason Todoroki isn't 7-A for surviving Dabi's Jet Burn, it didn't carry any force behind it. Unlike his Jet Burn during their second battle, which did carry force.
oh ok

This pace does make me believe we won't get Shigaraki vs Star and Stripe this season, which I'm ok with, no need to rush shit
I personally think that's exactly why they did it, they want to end on a certain point and need to pad some things out. Giving a recap helps save time and animation as well, thankfully it was only part of the episode and not an entire recap episode. Hopefully anymore padding will mostly be done via extended/filler content.

They already seem to be willing to expand on scenes.

Just realized that Uraraka could withstand Nine’s water dragon, which could break Bakugou’s ribs

High 8-C+ Uraraka?
She was knocked out by that attacked, and she's already High 8-C.

It isn't impossible for a High 8-C character to survive being hit by a High 8-C+ attack. Not like the attack would reduce her into a paste or something.

She was knocked out by that attacked, and she's already High 8-C.

It isn't impossible for a High 8-C character to survive being hit by a High 8-C+ attack. Not like the attack would reduce her into a paste or something.
To be fair she was already heavily weakened when she took that attack from Quirk Overuse. Like literally throwing up and still going beyond to do more. So if she wasn’t already on her last legs it’s possible she would have taken the hit way better.

I wouldn’t make her High 8-C+ off of that tho

8-B 5% Deku kick returns? 8-B Kirishima earthquake?

Rusty, what are you cooking back there?
It’s hilarious because I did the KE of the drop kick (just measured the height in a Different way) and got a similar result

And I also got an 8-B version of the X-Catapult that can be used for supporting feat

Lez go get 8-B Lads

And I also got an 8-B version of the X-Catapult that can be used for supporting feat
8% Izuku's durability should scale to the full value of the X-Catapult, since recoil is a thing and there's no reason why that wouldn't apply here.

He was literally the "bullet" Bakugo launched.

Also don't see how Izuku would contribute to half of that energy, when he is incapable of moving in mid air or even propelling himself while in 8%.

8% Izuku's durability should scale to the full value of the X-Catapult, since recoil is a thing and there's no reason why that wouldn't apply here.

He was literally the "bullet" Bakugo launched.

Also don't see how Izuku would contribute to half of that energy, when he is incapable of moving in mid air or even propelling himself while in 8%.
THANK YOU

If so then 8% goes from 26 tons to 28 in 5%->8%

Truly a godly improvement

Back