• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Yeah, 8% can't blitz Bakugo. In universe, the only characters to blitz Bakugo are USJ Nomu and exam arc All Might.

Bakugo has insane reactions so even if a character is faster than him, he can still perceive them. He had trouble reacting to 8% Deku but not to the point he couldn't defend himself.
Shigaraki can blitz him to now

Question, who do you guys think is faster in your personal opinion? Gran Torino or Hawks?

Hawks. He is the current fastest hero.

We know JT arc Iida is faster than Torino after undergoing a process that basically everyone in his family has gone through.
If hawks is slower than JT arc Iida, then he doesn't deserve the monicker of the fastest as that would probably makehim slower than other Iida family members.

Also current 30-45% Deku is faster than Torino.

Torino has aslo probably slowed down with age considering he has back problems, uses a walking stick and somehow went from 6'4 in height to like 4'6; losing 2 whole feet in height.

We don't fully know if JT arc Iida is faster than Gran Torino, I don't believe Izuku ever saw Gran Torino's full speed. Not saying it's not possible Iida was faster, but I think it's also possible Izuku was mistaken.

I personally believe they're basically even, maybe one is slightly faster, but not by a large amount.

30% Izuku is slower than Gran Torino (He had to save them from Shigaraki, and even stated they have no chance), he needed 45% to outpace him.

The reason why I say Torino is specifically because in this last arc at least, he was shown just appearing out of nowhere to snatch people away from Shigaraki's attacks. Saved Present Mic just before he could get dusted and dived in to catch Deku and Bakugo to stop them from getting snatched. Not to mention he's just been shown having the better feats, moving across vast distances faster than most other pros and his power being speed-based.

Yeah he is indeed fast. He should be comparable to 45% Deku probably only being slower by just a smidgen.

I'd say he was even faster in his prime seeing how he bulldozed young All Might and was in basically every fight against AFO but he probably got slower with age but he still retained all the skill and experience allowing him to still be a top tier even as an old man.

When did 8% get close to blitzing him, Izuku jumped up into the air and Bakugo followed. The only attack Izuku threw was a 5% punch, where is the blitz?
The numerous times throughout the fight where Bakugo could barely dodge? Or the time when he couldn't even dodge a kick and resorted to blocking instead. At one point in the fight, it was made clear that Midoriya that 8% was significant enough of an increase to the point Midoriya is no longer heavily caught off guard by one of Katsuki's bigger explosions.

And to be clear. I never said 8% completely blitzes Bakugo. I said that it's extremely hard for Bakugo to keep up with him due to him being noticeably faster. I said it's close for a reason after all.

Izuku only used one attack on Bakugo with 8%, what numerous time are you talking about? He landed one kick, dodged a standard explosion, then both of them jumped into the air where Izuku used a 5% punch. That's literally everything that happened after Izuku went up to 8%

Bakugo could react and perceive the kick, even blocked it just fine. Not being able to dodge his kick but block it, doesn't mean it's almost a blitz. If Bakugo had said something like he can barely track him or something then yeah, that's almost a blitz. But nothing of the sort happened, he just said he had gotten faster.

Izuku himself claims the difference was small, but enough for him to surpass Bakugo in speed.

Edit: Wait are you talking about the anime filler scenes, where Izuku hit Bakugo before he could hit him and Bakugo barely dodging a spin kick?

Last edited:
Leak spoilers, don’t read if you don’t wanna see them, they’re pretty big.

Oh yeah baby, feed me that OFA lore. Also they have chairs in there, that’s funny to me. Now I want to see the black haired guys backstory. Still convinced that the “Bakugo” user is just his ancestor. Power being too strong to ever be passed down again is something anyone could see coming. All Might is confirmed to have held the quirk for 40 years, which means he is at least 54 years old, which seems reasonable. Nana wants to see Izuku’s resolve to kill Shiggy, I like it.

Very nice meeting chapter within OFA with ALL the vestiges able to talk for once, makes the quirk feel a lot more alive and helpful now. Hope Deku can start calling on them at will even while awake soon, would be really cool.

• Chapter 304 Title: “Midoriya Izuku and Yagi Toshinori”
  • The chapter opens with Deku’s consciousness asking about those who were at the hospital raid.
  • We then see Deku in a room with ALL of the Vestiges. He can now stand AND talk to them (even though his mouth is still covered in the Vestige world).
  • We finally see the 2nd and 3rd users, but we do not see their faces, they are both facing the wall with their backs turned to Deku.
  • They reveal that OFA has grown rapidly since four months ago (JT Arc), and that the Vestiges can now interact with each other (The 4th and 5th Users demonstrate this by using their Quirks against each other)
  • The 4th users name is “shinomori hakage”. He died at the age of 40 from “old age”, he concludes that OFA is not something a normal human can use. He managed to hold OFA for the second longest time (18 years) but the effects of having multiple Quirks took its toll and he died from the results of holding OFA. He knows this now thanks to All Might looking through autopsy documents and finding out that he burned out his own life.
  • The scars on his face are not from his Quirk, but from OFA, it literally “cracked” his body.
  • All Might is described by the other Users as being “unique”. He made OFA stronger by holding it for 40 years without suffering from any side effects.
  • Deku theorizes that this might be because he was originally Quirkless, which means if someone with a Quirk were to receive OFA, it would shorten their lifespan, but Quirkless people are like “empty glasses” making them more suitable.
  • Deku concludes OFA can't be transferred to normal people anymore and right now he's the last OFA successor.
  • Nana then gets back to the main subject and asks Deku if he can really kill Shigaraki.
  • Chapter ends with the line: “Preparedness to be tested, At that moment, Deku is____”.
  • No break next week, CH305 will be released on 14th March!
The spoilers may have omitted details because it looks less about Toshi.

Last edited:
  • Chapter 304 Title: “Midoriya Izuku and Yagi Toshinori”
  • Deku is in a room with ALL of the Vestiges. He can stand, but his mouth is still covered in the Vestige world.
  • We finally see the 2nd and 3rd users, but we do not see their faces, they are both facing the wall with their backs turned to Deku.
  • It is revealed the 4th user died from the results of holding OFA. Yagi (All Might) looked through autopsy documents and found out that he burned out his own life.
  • The scars on his face are not from his Quirk, but from OFA, it literally “cracked” his body.
  • All Might made OFA stronger by holding it for 40 years.
  • 4th User: “In conclusion, One For All can no longer be handled by ordinary humans.”
  • Deku concludes OFA can't be transferred to normal people anymore and right now he's the last of OFA successor.
  • Nana asks Deku if he can really kill Shigaraki.
  • Chapter ends with the line: “Preparedness to be tested, At that moment, Deku is____”.
  • No break next week, CH305 will be released on 14th March!
The spoilers may have omitted details because it looks less about Toshi.
Yep, I'm wondering where the All Might part even is apart from saying he built up OFA the longest.

Also the 4th user is basically saying OFA killed him. Apart from All Might who built it up longer, the rest couldn't keep up with it.

Don't know if it drains their life force or something. Things aren't looking too good for Deku in terms of lifespan.

Didn't see much mention of All Might despite the title.

Bak-u-go theorists are going crazy all over the place cause of the gauntlets on the first user. I personally won't buy a time travel theory unless such a broken time quirk ever got introduced in MHA which I honestly find super unlikely.

Question, who do you guys think is faster in your personal opinion? Gran Torino or Hawks?
Around the same in my opinion
Hawks is decently faster than Endeavor who can mostly keep up with Shigaraki
And Endeavor could also save Bakugo(Who is equal with 30% in speed)from being attacked by Shiggy.
With a supplementary feat of Hawks Blitzing 10% Deku from the top of a high rise building

With more supplementary stuff Team up Mission(even if the point in time is questionable or even the canonicity it’s worth bringing up)Where Hawks can blitz a villain that can hard blitz Deku and Bakugo.

Torino has got feats of catching shigaraki off guard and saving 30% Deku while consistently reacting to Shiggy

This also means that the plan to give Mirio OFA would never have worked as his own quirk wouldn’t work with OFA and he’d have died under the stress of having too many quirks. Quirkless people being an “empty cup” and therefore able to hold OFA and all its quirks without the drawbacks means Deku is now a proven better fit than Mirio.

p, I'm wondering where the All Might part even is apart from saying he built up OFA the longest.
The leaks descriptions might be simplifying it and that Toshi actually covers the majority of the chapter, although it really seems like it's not the case.
Anyways, this OFA lore dump sure is interesting and answers a lot of questions we had beforehand, like a lot. Very nice information-packed chapter in contrast with the past emotion-packed chapter with the Todorokis.

Also god dammit, the quirk is even more perfect for Deku now LMAO. He was literally built at birth to be capable of handling OFA for his entire life. That sure isn’t going to increase his self preservation levels. This also further destroys the theory he or Toshinori have a “secret quirk.”

Yep, I'm wondering where the All Might part even is apart from saying he built up OFA the longest.
I think it’s called that because it’s referring to the two people that can actually carry this quirk without burden. Izuku and Yagi are the people OFA can work with properly, not any of the other welders. They’re actually built for it.

So basically, the truth of OFA is that it could've been cultivated even if it was passed onto quirkless people. The other quirks being passed on is just one of the aspects of the cultivation.

This also means that the plan to give Mirio OFA would never have worked as his own quirk wouldn’t work with OFA and he’d have died under the stress of having too many quirks. Quirkless people being an “empty cup” and therefore able to hold OFA and all its quirks without the drawbacks means Deku is now a proven better fit than Mirio.
Lmao their not gonna like that one

Crack theory: All For One stole a precog Quirk (then got rid of it later cause IDK) and discovered his brother's Transfer Quirk would get super powerful if given a few years, so he intentionally gave him the Stockpile Quirk.

ALSO A HYPE THING TO NOTE. The 4th user can use Danger Detection exactly like spider sense to avoid attacks before they even happen, and seems to have perfect control over it. So it’s not just a vague sense of danger, but a level of precognition. Deku’s potential rises further, and we should clarify that on his profile when the chapter is out officially. That is a VERY good ability to have combined with his natural prediction prowess.

God, I hope the "All Might had a secret quirk - Muscle form" and "Deku has a hidden quirk" theorists shut up after this. But I know nothing will deter them nonmatter how many times theybget proven wrong.

At this point only quirkless people can get ofa as normal people can't get it

However because of quirkless people being more and more rare that's unlikely that one would be born after izukus gen meaning he is the last user

I still think Eri can get OFA if she can rewind herself. We still don't know if her quirk works on herself but if it does, she can rewind herself to her previous best state once OFA starts exhausting up her lifespan.

This latest chapter gonna annoy Izuku haters
Nana Shimura: “Can you kill Shigaraki for me?”

Deku: “You’re a bad mother and grandmother”

Nana: “I know”

Deku fans are moonwalking right now, what a good time.
Also I'm pretty sure Deku is going to struggle with an answer since he wants to save Shigaraki in some fashion, which is probably what Nana really wants him to say.

He would kill Shigaraki without a thought if he hadn't gained the desire to save him.

Yeah, it would be cruel to just tell Nana that he's gonna off Shigaraki but its also unrealistic to think he can save Shiggy. All in all it comes down to Shigaraki's own actions in the future.

I hope Deku gets some type of power-up after this mental journey.

At least I hope he gets some mastery of danger sense which seems like Spider-sense through and through with how the 4th and 6th users scuffle went.

The 4th user was also pretty cool which I didn't expect. i thought he would be stoic and super serious.

4th user is actually just socially weird it seems. His "hermit" style is more based on him not liking people and being a loner than any struggle with his quirk. And his way of using the word "alert" 3 times in the same sentence was funny given his quirk lol.

I think we might learn the 6th users quirk soon, and maybe 2/3 will show their faces a little bit.

do you guys think deku will get any op quirks from the past users?
I'd consider Black Whip and Danger Sense pretty op already just based off what Deku is able to do with black whip and the potential of Danger Sense itself.

Float is pretty basic, but it shines by meshing ridiculously well with his kit.

The other 3 quirks? I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was more overtly overpowered. 2 and 3 seem likely for really strong quirks since they were there at the beginning of the quirk emergence and might have raw quirks that haven't been messed with crossing genes.

Back