• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I don't remember the Nomu ever defending against All Might. It just punched him and let its Shock Absorption and Regeneration deal with taking All Might's punches.

I don't remember the Nomu ever defending against All Might. It just punched him and let its Shock Absorption and Regeneration deal with taking All Might's punches.
Whether it defended or not is irrelevant, it was clearly being overwhelmed and that's the point.

Ok in that scene it just looks like Deku's raging we don't see him moving at all.

2 I also stated that even if that is the case(I don't agree but just for the case) Shigaraki would still have to raise his hand up faster than Deku could go to punch/kick/bite him.

3. Pulverizing tendrils isn't a speed feat he just grabs them. There's no obvious recourse for him to take, also he likely was just shocked by the fact he literally bit the tendrils.

4.Tomura could still defend against the attack and the reason he was having troubles was that he couldn't fly(Didn't know about air walk) and he was attached to the whip so he couldn't really move to do much else.

5. Also in reference to point above we scale the USJ nomu to AM in speed in a similar event where the nomu couldn't do much more than defend to All might's adrenaline boosted punches. On top of the fact that shigaraki's body was already weakened outside of the 75% thing from the earlier fight which he mentions when's Deku's attacking him.
Although if this was agreed upon how much would this change the speed scaling since while Endeavor and Gran Torino were outpaced by him it never seemed like Shigaraki was Blitzing them

They would be Hypersonic+ shigaraki was clearly much faster than everyone on the battlefield, and there where moments, where said characters were briefly unable to stop him so them being one speed tier lower, shouldn't be a huge deal.

Essentially the speed tiers would break down like this.

High Hypersonic-100% Deku , AFO shigaraki

Hypersonic+ - Endeavor, 45% Deku, Hawks, Hood, Gran torino

Hypersonic- Bakugou, Top Pro heroes like Mirko

but deku had to move , baku pushed him out the way the only way to get close to shiragi is to move lol

They would be Hypersonic+ shigaraki was clearly much faster than everyone on the battlefield, and there where moments, where said characters were briefly unable to stop him so them being one speed tier lower, shouldn't be a huge deal.

Essentially the speed tiers would break down like this.

High Hypersonic-100% Deku , AFO shigaraki

Hypersonic+ - Endeavor, 45% Deku, Hawks, Hood, Gran torino

Hypersonic- Bakugou, Top Pro heroes like Mirko
Makes sense although would Dabi’s fire be counted in that hypersonic+ range since Hawks struggled to outpace it at one point(Although granted Hawks was extremely low of feathers and probably slower as a result)plus while I know there speed is fodder now but 5% Deku and Shoji couldn’t dodge it even though they saw it coming they even saw Dabi wave his hand to throw it at them and they still couldn’t dodge fully

Last edited:
Also Speaking Of Dabi I wonder will a second key ever be made for Dabi as at the start of the fight with Geten Dabi commented that he got stronger and I’d assume he’d be refering to the training camp arc or is the issue that we don’t know how much weaker he was back then

Also Speaking Of Dabi I wonder will a second key ever be made for Dabi as at the start of the fight with Geten Dabi commented that he got stronger and I’d assume he’d be refering to the training camp arc or is the issue that we don’t know how much weaker he was back then
Actually now that you mention it Dabi might warrant a second key. He went from barely keeping up with Eraser to fighting people who could give Toga some trouble and walked away from it unscathed. Plus before his fight with Geten he’d never shown any 8A feats so he might need a second key. However I’d like to hear some more opinions on that.

Actually now that you mention it Dabi might warrant a second key. He went from barely keeping up with Eraser to fighting people who could give Toga some trouble and walked away from it unscathed. Plus before his fight with Geten he’d never shown any 8A feats so he might need a second key. However I’d like to hear some more opinions on that.
Also there’s the fact that 5% Deku and Shoji managed to withstand a casual fire blast from Dabi at the training camp sure they didn’t withstand it well but if that was an 8-A attack it would’ve blown their limbs off(Or vaporized their limbs) and Dabi had no reason to Severely hold back(All the way down from 8-A to 8-C)on Them so if a Pre MLA arc Dabi key was made I’d assume the AP for him would probably be somewhere between large building level+ or city block level
As the gap between Dabi’s casual attacks and serious ones appears to be noticeable

Last edited:
Assuming he gets split into two keys,
UA Beginnings might end up unknown because base Deku’s durability can be scaled either to Shinso harming him or taking some explosions from Bakugou if it’s the latter Dabi could end up at

Attack Potency: Unknown physically, Building level likely City Block level (was implied to be easily able to escape Kamui Woods, Shouto avoided his flames)

Speed: At least Human level with Supersonic reactions, combat (a clone of him could keep track of Aizawa’s movements) and attack speed (Shouji and Deku couldn’t completely avoid his flames)

Durability: Building level (clones of him took blows from Aizawa and Vlad King, although Aizawa could break his bones)

Last edited:
How is that "taking blows from Aizawa and Vlad King" if Aizawa could easily break his bones?

Assuming he gets split into two keys,
UA Beginnings might end up unknown because base Deku’s durability can be scaled either to Shinso harming him or taking some explosions from Bakugou if it’s the latter Dabi could end up at

Attack Potency: Unknown physically, Building level likely City Block level (was implied to be easily able to escape Kamui Woods, Shouto avoided his flames)

Speed: At least Human level with Supersonic reactions, combat (a clone of him could keep track of Aizawa’s movements) and attack speed (Shouji and Deku couldn’t completely avoid his flames)

Durability: Building level (clones of him took blows from Aizawa and Vlad King, although Aizawa could break his bones)
I forgot that Shoto literally had to dodge Dabi’s flames and Shoto and other fire users in this verse need to be able to withstand their own flames since they are never stated to be auto immune to them and their bodies suffer when they output fire that’s too much for their durability
so UA beginnings Dabi as City Block Level is quite consistent

I forgot that Shoto literally had to dodge Dabi’s flames and Shoto and other fire users in this verse need to be able to withstand their own flames since they are never stated to be auto immune to them and their bodies suffer when they output fire that’s too much for their durability
so UA beginnings Dabi as City Block Level is quite consistent
I wonder if that 8B thing is due to force or heat (which we seem to be treating differently)

@Damage will the differences in temperature damage vs actual AP affect Shouto‘s ratings at all?

I wonder if that 8B thing is due to force or heat (which we seem to be treating differently)

@Damage will the differences in temperature damage vs actual AP affect Shouto‘s ratings at all?
I also wonder I mean ofc since we treat those differently now(I mean imagine if we didn’t treat them differently we’d have stuff like Low 7-B Dabi since he clashed with Endeavor who can Hurt shigaraki with his heat)
The force vs temperature thing doesn’t effect rise of the villains saga Shoto since he’s already Been stated to compare to Endeavors raw output(Ofc hes way less skilled with his fire tho)
It only really effects U.A. beginnings saga shoto

Oh also some minor things, I was rereading the joint training arc and I wanted to ask how do we treat characters like TetsuTetsu do we upgrade his heat durability or what.

I also wonder I mean ofc since we treat those differently now(I mean imagine if we didn’t treat them differently we’d have stuff like Low 7-B Dabi since he clashed with Endeavor who can Hurt shigaraki with his heat)
The force vs temperature thing doesn’t effect rise of the villains saga Shoto since he’s already Been stated to compare to Endeavors raw output(Ofc hes way less skilled with his fire tho)
It only really effects U.A. beginnings saga shoto
I guess Shouto would gets dura negation by freezing and I’m not sure how that’d impact Half Hot

Oh also some minor things, I was rereading the joint training arc and I wanted to ask how do we treat characters like TetsuTetsu do we upgrade his heat durability or what.
Yes I’d imagine so. Especially since Kirishima got jealous of his heat resistance but Tetsu is most likely weaker to blunt force than him plus Tetsu said Kirishima has a far higher ceiling against normal attacks

Last edited:
I guess Shouto would gets dura negation by freezing and I’m not sure how that’d impact Half Hot
I forgot Shoto broke apart the Usj Nomu by freezing it inside and out he probably doesn’t do this often because he doesn’t wanna murder people off the get go
So in vs threads in future that should be noted that Shoto basically can insta win if he can tag the enemy with half cold and they don’t have regen

MHA Vigilantes is out on the Japanese Jump Plus so it's only a matter of time till it gets translated in the English version. Looks like we get a speedster fight with KD using his Overclock to parry against Rappa. Mirko is is also in the chapter though she's a highschooler and she seems ro be sniffing around the arena. It seems as if KD throws the fight to enter backstage as a wounded patient so Rappa technically doesn't lose.

I forgot Shoto broke apart the Usj Nomu by freezing it inside and out he probably doesn’t do this often because he doesn’t wanna murder people off the get go
So in vs threads in future that should be noted that Shoto basically can insta win if he can tag the enemy with half cold and they don’t have regen
The Flashfreeze he used against Chimera was also pretty powerful considering he grabbed Chimera's beam with his bare hands forced the laser back into the latter's mouth before freezing him solid. It should be more powerful than Chimera's laser by default.

So the chapter's out on mangafreak, this a very dialogue focused chapter , so I really want to wait until the official release comes before I start talking about it in length. But it's without a doubt an excellent chapter we're finally going to see how toga reponds to this and it looks like we're finally getting ready for the endgame.

We all know the fan translations tend to have errors, but the current translation brings a lot of info about OFA, AFO and quirks in general (or at least confirms things that has been built up before).
AFO also seems really happy that Tomura is trying to get rid of him at the same time trying to steal OFA, but is still very manipulative.

Also, it looks like we're starting to go into the endgame here.

From the way Deku was talking in this chapter it seems he's out of gas.

From last chapter it looks like Endeavor's down too.

Bakugou's down.

Shigaraki seems like he's out of gas too, but unlike the ones above he has regeneration and worst-case scenario AFO can tag in.

The game seems won to me at this point, the only relevant fighters who aren't OofComission on the heroes side are Todoroki, Tsuyu,Iida, Nejire, Ochako, and Koda, but even if you put all of those characters together I doubt they could stop Gigantomachia. Tbh, there's really only four or five things left to occur

Toga's moment that'll probably be next chapter.(This will also probably include an Uraraka moment.)

Dabi's Touya moment.(This will also likely include a moment for Todoroki)

Some sort of reverence or Funeral for Twice.

And a definitive nail on the coffin for the heroes.

*Maybe a moment for Spinner/Compress. If we're going to get one.

BTW, totally called that OFA chose to be with Deku, that fully addresses why OFA didn't go to Bakugo in Heroes Rising, it wanted to stay with Deku

Also with the Vigilantes recent chapter, I think it's difficult to scale Rapper to Ripper.
O'Clock was definitely using Overclock, but we don't know by how much of a multiplier, but he definitely wasn't going all out. But he did give a statement that he "can't find an opening" against Rappa's rush, which might count as a speed feat for his punches.
Regardless, O'Clock was not only able to successfully evade all of those punches, he was able to analyze Rappa's fighting style AND pretend that he got defeated and affected by Rappa's blows.

Guys I know this is a really random piece Of scaling to bring up but I checked Gentles page and saw his elasticity is rated as large building level due to It being able to knock back 8% Deku but Gentle also got a 10x amp I think in lover mode(Tell me if the multiplier was lower or higher)but basing it off this and Deku’s 3.89 ton feat against Nine then 3.89 times 10 then gentles lover mode elasticity should be able to block/deflect 38.9 Tons TNT or City Block Level

Last edited:
CRT's can be made now btw, so maybe we should start considering what kind of revisions we need to deal with first
Well in the case of MHA at least best place to start would be updating pages for War Arc feats
Bakugo being equal to 30% speed
Endeavor taking a few hits from Shigaraki
Shigaraki tagging 100% Deku and surviving that 100% Smash spam etc

I have a lot to discuss there, but I wanted to ask something basic. Since 8% Izuku speed is going to be Mach 4.3, shouldn't 20% and higher be Hypersonic? Since Hypersonic starts at Mach 5, that should be reasonable right?

I have a lot to discuss there, but I wanted to ask something basic. Since 8% Izuku speed is going to be Mach 4.3, shouldn't 20% and higher be Hypersonic? Since Hypersonic starts at Mach 5, that should be reasonable right?
Yes easily Hypersonic as Bakugo clearly noted the speed gap between 5 and 8% imagine 8 to 20%

We’re also gonna add some dura negation for Enji and Shouto and also determining Enji’s tier. Since if it’s agreed he’s low 7B then his flames scale (force wise) for tearing off Hood’s hand

Gentle isn't getting any upgrades for lover mode, his elasticity doesn't have any AP. That should say he can reflect High 8-C level attacks, since his barriers themselves don't attack or do anything by themselves. It's durability, not AP.

Was that multiplier said in the manga or was it an anime only thing? Also based on the most recent chapter would AFO have any new abilities added?
The multiplier wasnt stated In the manga to be dozen times I read through but it seemed like the anime cleared it up and gentles page doesn’t cover this it only mentions the physical boost gentle got from lover mode but honestly his quirk got the more notable boost since using this multiplier since it should be able to reflect City block level attacks

Gentle isn't getting any upgrades for lover mode, his elasticity doesn't have any AP. That should say he can reflect High 8-C level attacks, since his barriers themselves don't attack or do anything by themselves. It's durability, not AP.
What I was mainly referring to was that Lover mode gentles elasticity in terms of the amount of Force it can reflect is higher than High 8-C as Base gentles elasticity could already stop a charge from 8% and at no point in the fight does Deku ever really overpower it so it’s not inconsistent

Back