• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Also hey damage can you quickly check if that would work for a calc for gigantomachia.

For reference in chapter 223 we get the statement that gigantomachia and the league where in niigata prefecture.

We know Deika city was in aichi prefecture.

in chapter 231 gigantomachia goes to shigaraki at the same time shigaraki starts going towards the tower after being saved by twice.

By the end of 233 gigantomachia arrives and shigaraki loses his fingers.

The time should be the time it took shigaraki to the tower plus a minute or so . So I'm estimating 2-4 minutes as shigaraki said the tower was close, and twice should have made it so there was no resistance.

The distance between niigata and aichi for absolute straight line distance is 360Km, the walking distance is 439 km.

High End 360/2 minutes = Mach 8.75(Hypersonic)

Mid End 360/3 minutes = Mach 5.83(Hypersonic)

Low End 360/4 minutes = Mach 4.375(Supersonic +)

Last edited:
Should black whip get a range upgrade? When Deku had everyone grabbed in it, then tossed them away, it stretched all the way from where he was in the air to the ground. That should warrant at least “dozens of meters” instead of tens.

Yeah, people were using the current Gigantomachia 80km to say he is slow but in this one, he is clearly in a different bigger mode and going city to city destroying stuff while in MVA he just booked it, basically just ran there without bothering to destroy cities or anything. So if he skips the destruction and focus on just running, his speed should be much higher.

I also saw this chapter, before Shiggy grabs Deku, there is a shot of Deku punching off part of Shiggy's left face including his ear.

the chapter is literally on read my hero site and manga see.... maybe you guys should check before you scream "dont post false info" lol also did anyone notice that shouto can fly? or kinda now

edit heres the chapter https://***********.com/read-online/Boku-No-Hero-Academia-chapter-286-page-1.html

Do you see that little icon that looks like a picture (the one that has a sun and a mountain) when you're writing a post? Press that and paste the link address of the image.
So one can't upload an image directly from their device e.g phone gallery like before right?

So one can't upload an image directly from their device e.g phone gallery like before right?
I usually upload the images from my device to the old site then link the uploaded images here.

But I think you could post images directly if you used the BB codes, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Man the way how so many of the MHA pages are gonna need updates thanks to feats from this war arc
Im assuming shigaraki Deku and Endeavor will get the most notable upgrades
Also Bakugo since he can keep up with 30% Speed

Also hey damage can you quickly check if that would work for a calc for gigantomachia.

For reference in chapter 223 we get the statement that gigantomachia and the league where in niigata prefecture.

We know Deika city was in aichi prefecture.

in chapter 231 gigantomachia goes to shigaraki at the same time shigaraki starts going towards the tower after being saved by twice.

By the end of 233 gigantomachia arrives and shigaraki loses his fingers.

The time should be the time it took shigaraki to the tower plus a minute or so . So I'm estimating 2-4 minutes as shigaraki said the tower was close, and twice should have made it so there was no resistance.

The distance between niigata and aichi for absolute straight line distance is 360Km, the walking distance is 439 km.

High End 360/2 minutes = Mach 8.75(Hypersonic)

Mid End 360/3 minutes = Mach 5.83(Hypersonic)

Low End 360/4 minutes = Mach 4.375(Supersonic +)
The Mid End Or High end(Honestly Either works) seem the most consistent since thanks to RustyOnes speed calc 8% Deku and Pre Endeavor Training Bakugo have Supersonic+(I think I was Mach 4.4 correct me if I’m wrong here)combat speed so it would be strange for them to be equal with Gigantomachia somewhat in speed or maybe it could just be a case of Gigantomachia having Average movement speed but higher combat speed

Last edited:
Also just a note about this, I put 360Km for straightline distance(airplane), but for walking distance its actually about 440 Km. I'm not sure which we should use but I'll post the calls for walking distance. Also curious considering the massive distance I'm wondering how Gigantomachia managed to avoid the cities, can he fly? Because in the chapter it actually looks like he just jumps up into the air so unless Gigantomachia really has some legs I don't know how he got there(it might be a method that's a bit dangerous which is why he isn't doing it now with the league on his back.)

440/2 minutes = Mach 10.69
440/3 minutes = Mach 7.13
440/4 minutes = Mach 5.34

Also just a note about this, I put 360Km for straightline distance(airplane), but for walking distance its actually about 440 Km. I'm not sure which we should use but I'll post the calls for walking distance. Also curious considering the massive distance I'm wondering how Gigantomachia managed to avoid the cities, can he fly? Because in the chapter it actually looks like he just jumps up into the air so unless Gigantomachia really has some legs I don't know how he got there(it might be a method that's a bit dangerous which is why he isn't doing it now with the league on his back.)

440/2 minutes = Mach 10.69
440/3 minutes = Mach 7.13
440/4 minutes = Mach 5.34
He definitely can’t fly the only thing that makes sense is that he either Was super jumping like crazy(Which doesn’t seem too absurd)(Plus I think in the MLA arc it was noted that there was rumbling before Machia arrived)or he was just running through the wilderness avoiding cities and blitzing any few heroes that were in the wilderness for any reason

maybe he doesn’t wanna super jump because he doesn’t think the rest of the league can withstand the landing but I’m not sure
Also one last thing on which end should be used while is that since the nomu are modeled after Machia and the strongest Nomu’s can contend with Weakened all might in speed I think it would make sense for Gigantomachia to be near Weakened all might and AFO in speed so Hypersonic Machia should be reasonable

Last edited:
Lets be real the MVA arc is the reason 70% of the fandom is excited for season 5. Like I imagine the joint training arc will be much better received in the anime(the main issue people have with the arc is pacing which wasn't even the fault of the arc itself it was mainly due to the fact that Horikoshi was sick so the chapters where a lot shorter, as well as the arc being during the winter real-time meaning a lot more breaks which made it feel like it was dragging) , but the MVA arc is the 2nd/3rd best arc in the series after this current arc and possibly Kamino.

Lets be real the MVA arc is the reason 70% of the fandom is excited for season 5. Like I imagine the joint training arc will be much better received in the anime(the main issue people have with the arc is pacing which wasn't even the fault of the arc itself it was mainly due to the fact that Horikoshi was sick so the chapters where a lot shorter, as well as the arc being during the winter real-time meaning a lot more breaks which made it feel like it was dragging a bit).
So true, can't wait to see Shiggy's Backstory and Awakened Shiggy

One thing I'm a bit scared of is how they do shigaraki's hair. Like one of my favorite thing about awakened shigaraki's design is his hair and I'm really scared there going to be able to do it justice as the anime has had problems with depicting shigaraki in the past.

Lets be real the MVA arc is the reason 70% of the fandom is excited for season 5. Like I imagine the joint training arc will be much better received in the anime(the main issue people have with the arc is pacing which wasn't even the fault of the arc itself it was mainly due to the fact that Horikoshi was sick so the chapters where a lot shorter, as well as the arc being during the winter real-time meaning a lot more breaks which made it feel like it was dragging) , but the MVA arc is the 2nd/3rd best arc in the series after this current arc and possibly Kamino

Yeah Joint Training wasn’t as bad as the manga readers were saying it was(I even remember the backlash of chapter 213)
but Mva is where the hype is and Endeavor agency at the end of the season I’m excited for
I also wonder what point they’ll end on but I’m assuming it will be when Deku and the evacuation team was looking down on that city right before the war started

im surprised it didnt come this year, it seems mha seasons come pretty fast but im happy they waited this time

Joint Training is where a lot of the kids get some new feats. I hope the anime actually expands on the fights cause those chapters were short. As for MVA, my only wish is that Dabi vs Geten isn't mostly off screen like the manga.

Joint Training is where a lot of the kids get some new feats. I hope the anime actually expands on the fights cause those chapters were short. As for MVA, my only wish is that Dabi vs Geten isn't mostly off screen like the manga.
I’m Interested to see how the anime handles Recipro Turbos speed I hope it’s depicted well

Hey quick question What do people want them to expand on in the anime

the two main things I hope they expand on is

The Dabi vs Geten fight

Eraserhead's backstory(I really want this one)

Everything else I feel like is secondary in expansion considering if they were to try hit chapter 257. Like that's even more crammed than season 4 was, and I wouldn't say season 4 was rushed pacing wise it crammed in a lot more than I expected(Don't get me wrong the fact we got Endeavor vs Hood in the Anime was awesome and was arguably the best thing in season 4). Now they might be able to pull it off because the Joint training arc and the MVA arc are very fight focused so its easy to squeeze a lot into that arc, but in the case of the internship arc and the pre war arc there's not a lot of fights, mostly dialogue focused stuff which is easier to animate but harder to minimize.

Hey quick question What do people want them to expand on in the anime

the two main things I hope they expand on is

The Dabi vs Geten fight

Eraserhead's backstory(I really want this one)

Everything else I feel like is secondary in expansion considering if they were to try hit chapter 257. Like that's even more crammed than season 4 was, and I wouldn't say season 4 was rushed pacing wise it crammed in a lot more than I expected(Don't get me wrong the fact we got Endeavor vs Hood in the Anime was awesome and was arguably the best thing in season 4). Now they might be able to pull it off because the Joint training arc and the MVA arc are very fight focused so its easy to squeeze a lot into that arc, but in the case of the internship arc and the pre war arc there's not a lot of fights, mostly dialogue focused stuff which is easier to animate but harder to minimize.
Actually this is a strange thing I want to get expanded upon in the anime and that’s how far Hawks was from 8% Deku Bakugo and Endeavor before he Blitzed the thugs before Deku and Bakugo could hit them and Could barely react to him(And Deku and Bakugo were less than a meter away from the thugs)

So if it gets expanded enough in the anime it could mean Big speed upgrades for Hood Hawks and Endeavor and Dabi’s Fire

I also wanna see that one week of training in the endeavor agency arc to get a montage of them taking down villains and stuff because the manga clean skipped it

So the main change in the official release people dialogue wise was the last page , in scanlations it implied that Deku was going to finally be able to move in the space. In the official release it seems more like the vestiges inside OFA are going to handle this. Also the art in this chapter.

Endeavor isn’t running on Ki or anything it’s just really good physicals so pre existing injuries won’t impact his dura. The fact Deku (most likely at 100%) punches the tendril head on and splinters it shows a pretty big difference in power.

Yeah him getting pierced by someone with comparable or slightly greater physicals isn't weird, and he was already previously injured so him getting taken out by that isn't a huge deal. A rage power deku could break the tendrils isn't a huge deal as that's a force AP feat if deku got hit by the attack he'd probably be injured but he grabbed it before which endeavor couldn't do in the situation he was in.

Yeah him getting pierced by someone with comparable or slightly greater physicals isn't weird, and he was already previously injured so him getting taken out by that isn't a huge deal. A rage power deku could break the tendrils isn't a huge deal as that's a force AP feat if deku got hit by the attack he'd probably be injured but he grabbed it before which endeavor couldn't do in the situation he was in.
Deku punches it at the point and splintered it as well. Has Deku’s anger ever amped his OFA attacks besides him mistakenly using more percentage than he means to?

Furthermore Endeavor withstands a total of one actually serious attack from Shiggy (which could be argued as him being grazed) and that’s debatable since GT survived being attacked at the same time then proceeds to get his leg crushed and his body being pierced through not long after.

This was literally stated in the chapter "When you use this power in anger it'll really start working for you." Blackwhip has always been enhanced by rage that's a commonly known thing.

Yeah so we agree on that, the fact is it's covering his entire body so it's very clearly giving him a physical strength upgrade too.

Blackwhip doesn’t work like that though and even then it wouldn’t be amping his jaws (which actually wouldn’t be at 100% as they’d be broken) and hand that it isn’t covering. You could maybe argue it’s amping the arm he’s punching with but it isn’t even protecting his fists and is stopping at the back of his hand and forearm .

Back