• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I hope Nana is actually going to fight shigaraki in the vestige world in next weeks chapter or something similar
Because I’m kinda curious to see how Nana fought although I’m assuming somewhat similar to all might
Also Deku definitely needs to get rage power added to his page when that’s possible he’s literally biting the Quirk activation Tendrils

People still don't understand how MHA durability works. MHA has one of the clearest split durability system. Every type of durability could be its own quirk.

- Piercing: Hardening quirks - Kirishima, Tetsutetsu, Crust, Crimson Riot

- Elemental: anyone with an elemental quirk has insane resistance against said element e.g. Kaminari

- Blunt force: everyone has this to high levels, even Aizawa, quirkless Deku, Knuckle Duster, etc. This is just more or less fictional characters being more durable. But there's those higher than other's e.g. Endeavor. For quirks, there's people like Muscular & USJ Nomu Force Absorption quirk.

Endeavor for sure does not have piercing durability. I'm sure even an ordinary bullet would pierce him let alone AFO's tendrils. He has split durability more like Wonder Woman, compared to let's say all around durability (Superman).

If I were to class his durability it would obviously be: Heat durability (peak) -> blunt force damage durability -> piercing (would be the lowest).

Most characters in the verse have low piercing durability apart from people with actual hardening quirks. Apart from that, Shigaraki tanked AP shot so one could say he has piercing durability. As for OFA, All Might was stabbed and dragged by AFO's tendrils in Kamino but his back didn't get pierced so you could say his piercing durability is great.

But you can use Deku as an example to see that it takes a lot (of %) for OFA to achieve piercing durability cause 5% Deku can be cut by sharp objects and 8 - 20% Deku can still be pierced by sharp rocks. So lower % percentages of OFA do not have as good piercing durability.

Of course it also depends on the object being used to pierce. I'm sure AFO's tendrils are above any normal weapon.

Discounting Overhaul’s attacks as just sharp rocks doesn’t sit right with me especially when he’s literally influencing the molecules so he could pack them closer for more density and he’s hurling them at very high speeds (20% Deku had trouble dodging).

Endeavor also seemed to bleed from Shigaraki grazing him earlier when he was trying to fight him with GT.

When has cutting and blunt force ever been explicitly differentiated in MHA? Kirishima is tougher than 5% Deku as a whole since he no sold Bakugou’s blasts while 5% was hurt. AM was taking little damage from AFO’s attacks in general until he started getting weaker. Kirishima’s best cutting resistance feat is that blade thug he fought who’d in no way scale to Stain physically so he wouldn’t swing with the same force.

People still don't understand how MHA durability works. MHA has one of the clearest split durability system. Every type of durability could be its own quirk.

- Piercing: Hardening quirks - Kirishima, Tetsutetsu, Crust, Crimson Riot

- Elemental: anyone with an elemental quirk has insane resistance against said element e.g. Kaminari

- Blunt force: everyone has this to high levels, even Aizawa, quirkless Deku, Knuckle Duster, etc. This is just more or less fictional characters being more durable. But there's those higher than other's e.g. Endeavor. For quirks, there's people like Muscular & USJ Nomu Force Absorption quirk.

Endeavor for sure does not have piercing durability. I'm sure even an ordinary bullet would pierce him let alone AFO's tendrils. He has split durability more like Wonder Woman, compared to let's say all around durability (Superman).

If I were to class his durability it would obviously be: Heat durability (peak) -> blunt force damage durability -> piercing (would be the lowest).

Most characters in the verse have low piercing durability apart from people with actual hardening quirks. Apart from that, Shigaraki tanked AP shot so one could say he has piercing durability. As for OFA, All Might was stabbed and dragged by AFO's tendrils in Kamino but his back didn't get pierced so you could say his piercing durability is great.

But you can use Deku as an example to see that it takes a lot (of %) for OFA to achieve piercing durability cause 5% Deku can be cut by sharp objects and 8 - 20% Deku can still be pierced by sharp rocks. So lower % percentages of OFA do not have as good piercing durability.

Of course it also depends on the object being used to pierce. I'm sure AFO's tendrils are above any normal weapon.
this is a very interesting interpretation of MHA Durability but it does make sense in a few areas especially in the case of characters being able to resist some things better than others like Kirishima only being able to withstand Large Building level blunt force but multi city block level flames

this is a very interesting interpretation of MHA Durability but it does make sense especially in the case of characters being able to resist some things better than others like Kirishima only being able to withstand Large Building level blunt force but multi city block level flames
Horikoshi has always differentiated temperature resistance to normal durability. This is shown with Shouto and AM vs Nomu in the USJ for example or Kirishima getting jealous Tetsutesu can handle so much heat even though he’s shown to be tougher.

Hey @Insert_creative_name_here_12 could you help me out real quick? Could you comment on this thread like a minute after this one without @ing me or quoting me? I have this thread watched but for some reason I wasn't getting alerts on this thread for the last 2 days, but I was getting alerts from my other watched threads.

That’d actually hurt me cause I really wanna see Nana throw down with AFO
I feel like Nana might end up using Float with One for All propulsion like Deku was doing but likely to a far more skilled extent and with more finesse
I also wonder what level of Power Nana was at when she was alive as it’s implied OFA only got strong when All might cultivated it for a long Time before he fought AFO

I feel like Nana might end up using Float with One for All propulsion like Deku was doing but likely to a far more skilled extent and with more finesse
I also wonder what level of Power Nana was at when she was alive as it’s implied OFA only got strong when All might cultivated it for a long Time before he fought AFO
But there is also the chance that maybe Nana was extremely powerful by Pro Hero standards but Prime Afo was still too much anyway

Discounting Overhaul’s attacks as just sharp rocks doesn’t sit right with me especially when he’s literally influencing the molecules so he could pack them closer for more density and he’s hurling them at very high speeds (20% Deku had trouble dodging).

Endeavor also seemed to bleed from Shigaraki grazing him earlier when he was trying to fight him with GT.

When has cutting and blunt force ever been explicitly differentiated in MHA? Kirishima is tougher than 5% Deku as a whole since he no sold Bakugou’s blasts while 5% was hurt. AM was taking little damage from AFO’s attacks in general until he started getting weaker. Kirishima’s best cutting resistance feat is that blade thug he fought who’d in no way scale to Stain physically so he wouldn’t swing with the same force.
Also on your point about overhaul potentially making his spikes more dense is that it’s a shame that that hasn’t been blatantly stated nor could we quantify how dense he could make them because if we could I feel like it would make 20% Deku’s lifting strength get a boost since he picked up a part of a Stone spike and Crushed it

Also on your point about overhaul potentially making his spikes more dense is that it’s a shame that that hasn’t been blatantly stated nor could we quantify how dense he could make them because if we could I feel like it would make 20% Deku’s lifting strength get a boost since he picked up a part of a Stone spike and Crushed it
Hopefully Overhaul comes back and says he can and does that kind of thing in combat.

Hopefully Overhaul comes back and says he can and does that kind of thing in combat.
Honestly I just want Overhaul back in general I liked him a lot I just wonder if he was just thrown into a Japan with Shigaraki causing Chaos everywhere Would he be willing to work with the heroes to get payback against shigaraki or would he work on his own

or maybe he’d just follow shigaraki’s words and just be a spectator

Honestly I just want Overhaul back in general I liked him a lot I just wonder if he was just thrown into a Japan with Shigaraki causing Chaos everywhere Would he be willing to work with the heroes to get payback against shigaraki or would he work on his own

or maybe he’d just follow shigaraki’s words and just be a spectator
I’d hope he’d be his own third faction that’s clashing with heroes and villains alike. Of course Deku teaming up with him while unlikely would be really cool.

I’d hope he’d be his own third faction that’s clashing with heroes and villains alike. Of course Deku teaming up with him while unlikely would be really cool.
Yeah I doubt he’d team up with Deku and I especially doubt he’d get any forgiveness From the heroes at best he’d get a reduced sentence because the stuff he did was extremely irredeemable
Yeah because Overhaul Hated the Yakuza being proclaimed as villains and he hates heroes as well so it would make sense for him to oppose them both

I don't remember All Might trying to punch All For One's Forced Quirk Activation tendrils.
The tendrils were still strong enough to overpower All Might without breaking, and they can easily pierce Endeavor, who's durability is close to All Might's level.

The tendrils were still strong enough to overpower All Might without breaking, and they can easily pierce Endeavor, who's durability is close to All Might's level.
I wouldn’t say getting pushed while you’re running and thrown is getting overpowered especially since AFO mentions AM is holding back quite a bit because Bakugou was there.

I wouldn’t say getting pushed while you’re running and thrown is getting overpowered especially since AFO mentions AM is holding back quite a bit because Bakugou was there.
Yeah he was worried about hurting Bakugo and even after Bakugo left he still held back to protect any civilians that might’ve been in the general area
And when he could go all out he was ultra fatigued and running out of OFA

I'm still wondering why people think Endeavor has piercing durability, it's nowhere near his quirk description. I guess, I find it easier to see him as another Wonder Woman case who's weaker to piercing than blunt force attacks. In fact a lot of characters in the show have pretty good blunt force durability but they still get cuts & bleed regularly to common weapons like knives.

All Might holding back was strong enough to contend with AFO, and the tendrils just act like an extension of AFO's fingers, of course he is the one who overpowered All Might, but the durability feat should still count for the tendrils.

well they told deku that his quirks would get amped by OFA so why wouldnt the quicks from AFO also get amped by his strength quirks which iirc he had about 4 of?

well they told deku that his quirks would get amped by OFA so why wouldnt the quicks from AFO also get amped by his strength quirks which iirc he had about 4 of?
I only remember Afo having 2 quirks but they seemed Focus around his physical strength although he used One to amp his air canon
One I know for Sure was called Kinetic Energy Booster X3 or something like that

Only certain Quirks used by All For One would be amped in that way.

Just increasing strength by itself wouldn't make his Infrared Ray Quirk any more powerful for example.

AFO controlling him shouldn't have increased his speed , and rereading the chapter Deku didn't go towards him we just cut to his hand in his face.

Hey so I didn't reference this last chapter but didn't AFO shigaraki tag 100% Deku. Shouldn't that be justification for them being on equal speed tiers.

No. Deku wasn't trying to dodge him. He was rushing in close while in a berserk state of mind.

But he didn't rush in though, we literally just cut to his hand on his face. Plus, the fact he's able to move his hand to his face faster than Deku can hurt him would still justify equal speed tiers.

But he didn't rush in though, we literally just cut to his hand on his face. Plus, the fact he's able to move his hand to his face faster than Deku can hurt him would still justify equal speed tiers.

Here is Deku rushing in before the scene cuts away to the other students.

Here is the scene cutting back, and Tomura raised his hand up to Deku's face.

I don't see any reason to assume Deku did anything else but rush in to Tomura.

Also, you know, there's the fact that Deku was able to pulverize Tomura's tendrils while he could only stare blankly and Tomura could barely defend against Deku's earlier 100% attack rush in their fight.

Ok in that scene it just looks like Deku's raging we don't see him moving at all.

2 I also stated that even if that is the case(I don't agree but just for the case) Shigaraki would still have to raise his hand up faster than Deku could go to punch/kick/bite him.

3. Pulverizing tendrils isn't a speed feat he just grabs them. There's no obvious recourse for him to take, also he likely was just shocked by the fact he literally bit the tendrils.

4.Tomura could still defend against the attack and the reason he was having troubles was that he couldn't fly(Didn't know about air walk) and he was attached to the whip so he couldn't really move to do much else.

5. Also in reference to point above we scale the USJ nomu to AM in speed in a similar event where the nomu couldn't do much more than defend to All might's adrenaline boosted punches. On top of the fact that shigaraki's body was already weakened outside of the 75% thing from the earlier fight which he mentions when's Deku's attacking him.

Last edited:
Back