• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

If it's on WWW then there are people who argue that it's not even supersonic. Just like MHA. Not to mention that Demon Slayer has been an easy target of hate due to how mainstream popular it became
And just like with MHA bring up objective factual above Mach 1 feats for demon slayer and your either a wanker or it’s just outliers.

It's funny every time I debate Demon Slayer, all I see is wank with MHS+ speed.
With Demon Slayer, I've seen fans take the elements literally as if the Demon Hunters are literally using those elements when the author herself confirmed that wasn't the case.

At the end of the day they are just humans imitating the elements and the effects of those elements. The visual style is just there to help us "see" the technique. Like Rengoku's fire style isn't actual fire but produces heat, Tanjiro can mimic the effects of water but does not actually produce water and Zenitsu mimics lightning to increase his speed but he isn't actually controlling or becoming thunder.

I don't think I asked this, but how does everyone feel about this chapter?
Overall pretty good, Afo basically just saying the fight has gotten pointless now and bailing is interesting characterization.Good way to end and I’m interested in the aftermath especially

I’m worried about this whole saving shiggy thing I have a gut feeling it’s gonna play out like Star Wars and he will get some heroic sacrifice like Vader which I would dislike.I wouldn’t mind shiggy having some level of regret as he dies or though.

Overall pretty good, Afo basically just saying the fight has gotten pointless now and bailing is interesting characterization.Good way to end and I’m interested in the aftermath especially

I’m worried about this whole saving shiggy thing I have a gut feeling it’s gonna play out like Star Wars and he will get some heroic sacrifice like Vader which I would dislike.I wouldn’t mind shiggy having some level of regret as he dies or though.
My hope still rides on Hori saying Shiggy is beyond saving.

I was less expecting and more wanting that AFO was actually willing to let Shigaraki become the new AFO. Like how people want to immortalize themselves through either legends/reputation, or in this case, a different person taking their mantle or title.
But I guess I that won't happen, which also should be expected as All For One has always been too selfish and megalomaniacal to even remain as a simple vestige. He will try to take over Shigaraki's body perhaps, and I don't think killing the AFO that's in Tartarus would ever remove him.

I'm gonna put my faith in Hori and trust that he won't make Shigaraki something like Obito's situation. Even Deku was saying that Shigaraki was unforgivable, and Deku did try to kill him.

I just want Deku's character, especially his savior-complex, to be explored and discussed by the characters more after this.

Possibly as it appeared to be narration from Deku or thoughts from Deku, which obviously wouldn’t be said aloud because everyone would think he’s insane

So I’d actually like if if at the end of the series he quotes those words.

I remember setting up an argument for 15 finger Sukuna vs Prime All for One

Everyone in the comments hEs nOT a CuRSe aND hAs nO cUrseD eNergY hE lOSeS it’s annoying.
Right lol. With that argument, it's like literally saying JJK characters should never be matched up against other verses at all cause obviously that power system inky exists in the manga. After all each mangaka will have their own unique power systems.

I remember in my post, I even restricted techniques and made it strictly Hand to hand cause Sukuna is really talented in CQC combat even when he doesn't use techniques but people still found a way to parrot this argument instead of just comparing stuff like martial arts mastery, speed, raw strength etcetera.

I'm now waiting to see how Hori handles the aftermath of this war.

I at least want a clear tally of all civilian deaths, hero deaths especially for the heroes a lot of them like the Pussycats have an unclear status.

And apart from public reaction, I've been dying to see the reactions of the parents for these kids some who were on the front line against monsters like Shiggy and Machia.

Horikoshi made a new sketch with a twitter post this time.
Seems the dude completely forgot about Skeptic even existing, says Skeptic is with Spinner too, and that he'll just edit the manga lmao
Poor Skeptic tbh

Horikoshi made a new sketch with a twitter post this time.
Seems the dude completely forgot about Skeptic even existing, says Skeptic is with Spinner too, and that he'll just edit the manga lmao
Poor Skeptic tbh
Skeptic is getting treated Dirty I mean after all he was the one who helped Dabi prep the broadcast across Japan
Like he helped lol

Last edited:
I can say that the subreddit is filled with OPM, HxH, JJBA and Dragon Ball fans though, leaning on the wanking side. While verses like MHA, Demon Slayer (although I disagree with its speed ratings as of now), and others are being heavily lowballed. Of course, there is a respective anti-wank and anti-lowballing crowd there.
Kinda hard to lowball Demon Slayer when the best feats are consistently destroying old style buildings and houses

r/WWW isn't really a cohesive community by any means, the commenters changes every now and then, depending on the influx of popular verses too, although there are certainly people who remain there for long or so. The only real threads that are well-constructed are the tourneys being held by the mods themselves.

I can say that the subreddit is filled with OPM, HxH, JJBA and Dragon Ball fans though, leaning on the wanking side. While verses like MHA, Demon Slayer (although I disagree with its speed ratings as of now), and others are being heavily lowballed. Of course, there is a respective anti-wank and anti-lowballing crowd there.

On an MHA-unrelated note, the Dragon Ball wankers in WWW probably came from this forum. They're the same people insisting on Tier 1 Dragon Ball.
There are tons of statements that would put 45% Deku and anyone above at Mach speeds. Are these people talking out of their ass or something?

There are tons of statements that would put 45% Deku and anyone above at Mach speeds. Are these people talking out of their ass or something?
Yes also partially wanting to downplay the MHA verse so they can confidently say their favorite character blitzes when in reality they’re only about as fast as the MHA character

Although ofc comparatively for a battle series MHA is low in speed so there’s lot of characters that legitamitely blitz.It’s just absurd when people use transonic feats to say that character would blitz all might

Yes also partially wanting to downplay the MHA verse so they can confidently say their favorite character blitzes when in reality they’re only about as fast as the MHA character

Although ofc comparatively for a battle series MHA is low in speed so there’s lot of characters that legitamitely blitz.It’s just absurd when people use transonic feats to say that character would blitz all might
Who claimed All Might was Transonic? I’d like to have a word with them

so did AFO just want a younger body or something? seems kinda messed up and he keeps saying "everything is for his sake"

so did AFO just want a younger body or something? seems kinda messed up and he keeps saying "everything is for his sake"
Well his original body was damaged beyond repair and it was said by Ujiko that a normal human body struggles with AFO because of all the quirks it has, it apparently puts a huge strain on the body, so yeah he wants a new super perfected modified body that would solve those issues

What’s really weird if that AFO himself is still alive in Tartaros and yet his conscience is still in Shigaraki right now

We haven't seen AFO die yet, but IMO he probably should quality since I doubt his consciousness within Shigaraki would disappear even if the AFO in Tartarus dies.

Honestly all this stuff doesn't apply just to AFO but to every quirk user cause AFO himself said he could interact with the vestiges of those whose quirks he stole and he could only get rid of them by getting rid of the quirk.

As for what vestige is more powerful, that seems to depend on will so AFO possibly has a way stronger will than most characters hence he's able to take over Shiggy but even then, it has been when Shiggy is damaged and barely conscious. We have no idea if he would have the same hold on Shiggy when the latter is at full health.

Back