• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Interesting chapter this week

We learned that the Fourth OFA Users Quirk is Danger Detection, which is pretty cool, but AFO taking control of Shigaraki, I imagine that will be a big power struggle in the future, which has me a little conflicted, because I do want Shigaraki himself to be the final boss, but the story may be going the route where AFO is the final boss, he had just taken over Shigaraki's body, or the story may go the route where their minds have melded and they become one being, either way, there's still so much potential for those two as villains, as for Deku's last statement, I don't think this is what it means, but I really hope the story won't go for the redemption of Shigaraki route, he is way too far gone, maybe if it's like saving him means killing him, but either way, Shigaraki's arc just keeps getting more interesting as he has to deal with AFO trying to consume his body

Izuku admitted before hand that he can't forgive Shigaraki for everything he's done, but this seems like a call back to how Izuku can't ignore anyone who needs help. Toga ask Izuku this question actually, where does Izuku draw the line for this, or would he try to save anyone?

I highly doubt Shigaraki will turn good or be forgiven, this series doesn't seemed like it'd go that direction as of now. Shigaraki is unforgivable, he's killed hundreds already and has made it clear he's going to keep going until he destroys this society. Maybe it means Izuku might somehow help Shigaraki in getting rid of AFO's vestige?
Though I'd prefer if Shigaraki did it himself or if he does get help, it's from the other villains.

Mirio better get Compress some medical help soon cause he prevented Shiggy/AFO from taking him. If he dies, his death will somewhat be on him.

We still don't know what Toga will do. Maybe she will just turn tail and run when she sees Shiggy is gone.

Looks like radio waves is farely powerful and can be used offensively but AFO-Shiggy using Air Canon this chapter completely busted up his arm and it didn't really do much to Deku apart from push him back.

Also at least Todoroki wasn't one-shot by Dabi's jetburn.

I’m sorry for asking if this is already gonna be revised eventually
Gigantomachia is 7-C with orders, right? When Mount Lady held him back, he had orders from Shigaraki. And yeah, Machia overpowered her, but shouldn’t the fact that Mount Lady held him back allow her to be Low 7-C+ as opposed to 8-A?

No, even though he was under orders he wasn't paying attention to her or anyone else.

When he finally did give her attention he knocked her out in one hit.

Why are we using mount lady holding him back as a feat, the only thing that should she scale to is the kinetic energy of Gigantomachia running at most. Gigantomachia did not consider her a threat in the slightest and the second he wanted her down she was down and she didn't get back up. Gigantomachia of his own accord said he was ignoring them and just trying to get to master. It was only after they got annoying that he curbstomped them .

I mean she got overpowered pretty quick and that was before Machia transformed. Machia ragdolled most if the heroes after he tranformed while before that he was having trouble with the kids.

I'd say there's 2 power levels for Machia:

- Pre-transformation - he gets bigger and more powerful as he fights but there's no major transformation in his body.

- Transforms his arms, moves his mask up. This is where he causes the most damage.

I mean she got overpowered pretty quick and that was before Machia transformed. Machia ragdolled most if the heroes after he tranformed while before that he was having trouble with the kids.

I'd say there's 2 power levels for Machia:

- Pre-transformation - he gets bigger and more powerful as he fights but there's no major transformation in his body.

- Transforms his arms, moves his mask up. This is where he causes the most damage.
We really have no feats for his transformed form, even his 7-B feat was in his non-transformed form. Gigantomachia is hard to scale because he doesn't really have any non-casual feats in the verse. He pretty much curbstomped every person he's fought in the story.

This stuff has been shown for some reason. We got a Season 5 poster and a fantasy MHA anime thingy. What do you think? I don't know about you but I've been waiting for a fantasy type story from My Hero Academia. We'll probably have an alternate universe of sorts. I'm not sure if this is even an anime but it says TOHO Animation so, maybe?
20201219_110556.jpg

20201219_023908.jpg

Ok, now we got another anime trailer. I'm ******* hyped.

The animation is insane Joint Training Rounds 3 and 4 are gonna be sakuga filled at least based on the trailer.(Iida’s Recipro turbo reminded me of Nakamura’s work on that scene where Bakugo melted the mountain)

Interested to see how the Blackwhip scene will be handled as well.

The series kicking off again in March is also nice

Last edited:
10-15% might get actual feats from the movie depending on its timeline, so no key yet
Yeah we might just have to wait
Since it’s extremely likely that the movie either takes place Post Endeavor agency but Pre War.

Or potentially even during endeavor agency since there was a full week that was skipped and off screen.

Watch the movie actually be about post war Deku, Bakugo and Shoto where Deku can use 50% full cowl no strain.

Yeah we might just have to wait
Since it’s extremely likely that the movie either takes place Post Endeavor agency but Pre War.

Or potentially even during endeavor agency since there was a full week that was skipped and off screen.

Watch the movie actually be about post war Deku, Bakugo and Shoto where Deku can use 50% full cowl no strain.
Yeah, but it'd be better than to have no key for it. It should at least be higher than 8%.

Yeah, but it'd be better than to have no key for it. It should at least be higher than 8%.
I mean I guess, like I won’t directly fight against a 10-15% Deku key being made soon but I’d still rather wait until gets feats.Albeit we will probably wait several months for said feats.
Honestly Bakugo and Shoto would benefit from an Endeavor Agency key more as they were faster than Deku when they were rushing Ending iirc.

Last edited:
I mean I guess, like I won’t directly fight against a 10-15% Deku key being made soon but I’d still rather wait until gets feats.Albeit we will probably wait several months for said feats.
Honestly Bakugo and Shoto would benefit from an Endeavor Agency key more as they were faster than Deku when they were rushing Ending iirc.
Were they? I don't really remember it, I just remember that the three of them have entirely different targets so not sure who is faster, but they all have comparable speed (Deku rescued the citizens behind Ending, Bakugo rescued Natsuo, and Shoto bodied Ending).
Also I agree with waiting for more feats since we barely saw any feats from Deku during that arc. Did we even see him say "OFA Full Cowl 15%"?

Were they? I don't really remember it, I just remember that the three of them have entirely different targets so not sure who is faster, but they all have comparable speed (Deku rescued the citizens behind Ending, Bakugo rescued Natsuo, and Shoto bodied Ending).
Also I agree with waiting for more feats since we barely saw any feats from Deku during that arc. Did we even see him say "OFA Full Cowl 15%"?
Here is the panel Bakugo is seemingly the fastest(Makes sense), Shoto in second place with his ice skate and Deku being in last

But yeah Deku never announced 15% outside of the talk with Endeavor, granted Deku rarely calls out percentages he can use with no strain
Like could you imagine he said 8% literally everytime he went into full Cowl

Last edited:
I reread the chapter and Bakugo actually got out of the car faster and was already using his explosions right off the bat inside the car to travel before Todoroki used his ice. Deku got out last because he was in the middle of the backseat.
So yeah it's not showing that Bakugo is faster.

Not only did they get out of the car at different times but they had different goals either way.

I'd also say that arc is the least clearest on Deku's percentages cause we can't tell when it's 10% or when it's 15% and Deku mostly focuses on improving Black Whip.

Well the War is finally over it’s been a long long ride, I think this arc surpassed the Overhaul arc in pure length.
Lots of Highs and Lows

So many are completely Battered
Shoto got Torched
-Endeavor’s lung got fried
-Deku is well self explanatory
-Same for Bakugo
-Nejire got blasted(She seems to be fine by comparison)
-Torino is a donut
-Aizawa lost a leg
-Shigaraki well, also self explanatory
-Ryukyu also ain’t doing great
-I lost track of how many injuries Mirko attained
-Hawks got fried

I noticed that Afo didn’t only say Shiggy lost to OFA but to OFA and Endeavor.Almost like Afo acknowledged how much those two carried.(Aizawa was also essential)
Just a thing to note, although he was still disappointed in Tomura.

With how badly damaged Jaku is I doubt Hero society will ever fully recover from this.Especially since this was all a preemptive strike to prevent shiggy which will look bad in the media, they’ll think that the heroes indirectly caused more damage than what could’ve happened.
They could just end up thinking the heroes were a bunch of paranoid idiots who failed to plan accordingly.

Hawks Reputation is down the drain, stabbing a dude in the back of the head is going to come off horribly without proper context.He’s gonna wake up and realize just how bad his situation is.
Endeavor might end up feeling even slightly accountable for Hawks’s injuries not sure.

Deku is going to get a lot of questions on him floating around.

This arc might be like 3 or so chapters longer due to the aftermath.

Overall super excited to see where the story goes from here and can’t wait for Season 6 I feel bones might have a blast with this arc.

Last edited:
Back