• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Looks like Nejire was pinning one of those High-ends to the ground with her waves. I don't think it managed to escape + the female Nomu that Best Jeanist captured.

Should AFO get limited mind manip for taking over shiggy?
Yes although granted he could only do it when Shigaraki was so exhausted he could barely talk or even think so it isn’t the greatest.It should still be on his page.

Although I do womder when this happens in the anime if Shiggys voice or Afo’s will be talking when he’s under mind control

Reading Caleb's trivias made me notice that we don't exactly know how Compress's ability works.
Imagine if they needed him to disable the marbles, but since he's captured or dead, Dabi remains inside for all eternity lmao
I think it's one of 2 scenarios:

- if the marbles are too far away from him they stop working.

- there's a time limit after which his quirk will wear off and the marbles disappear. I think this is more probable rather than eternal marbles.

I actually spoke with that one guy on Reddit once. Stupidest debate I've ever been in.
Lmfao lemme guess he tried to use the 5km in 30 seconds argument every time you see a subsonic MHA guy that’s the first thing they bring up.

Like I remember seeing a post on another Reddit called character rant where a dude asked about the MHA verse’s speed
It seemed like most people there acknowledge supersonic speed in MHA is quite common.

So I’m assuming it’s an r/www exclusive thing but it’s still strange

Lmfao lemme guess he tried to use the 5km in 30 seconds argument every time you see a subsonic MHA guy that’s the first thing they bring up.

Like I remember seeing a post on another Reddit called character rant where a dude asked about the MHA verse’s speed
It seemed like most people there acknowledge supersonic speed in MHA is quite common.

So I’m assuming it’s an r/www exclusive thing but it’s still strange
You got it in one lmao.

Comicvine actually used to heavily deny supersonic MHA. I've seen several threads that say only AM is Mach 1. Now they seem to accept it afaik.

The audience has complete control when watching MHA because they can pause, play, reverse, forward, stop, and select, etc., the scenes from the Anime or Manga

You got it in one lmao.

Comicvine actually used to heavily deny supersonic MHA. I've seen several threads that say only AM is Mach 1. Now they seem to accept it afaik.
I feel like I or someone else could catalog every feat above Mach 1 out of mid tiers no calcs.
Along with some basic scaling everyone could see it but they’ll be one guy who still refuses

I remember seeing a Post along the lines of 30-45% Deku in the OPM verse and where he’d rank in the Hero Association.
Dude said he’d be A rank because he’s not even supersonic and barely building level.
Another guy in the comments listed a ton of speed feats that go well above Mach 1 Deku scales to
Hell they even brought up weird stuff like Deku tagging everyone with black whip and jumping hundreds of meters into the air faster than Shigaraki’s finger could move a few centimeters and touch the ground.As well as Hawks’ skyscraper blitz during Endeavor Agency

They declared all the feats outliers

Like at that point if so many feats are outliers are we gonna call Goku mountain level because that’s the amount he destroys more often lol.

I feel like I or someone else could catalog every feat above Mach 1 out of mid tiers no calcs.
Along with some basic scaling everyone could see it but they’ll be one guy who still refuses

I remember seeing a Post along the lines of 30-45% Deku in the OPM verse and where he’d rank in the Hero Association.
Dude said he’d be A rank because he’s not even supersonic and barely building level.
Another guy in the comments listed a ton of speed feats that go well above Mach 1 Deku scales to
Hell they even brought up weird stuff like Deku tagging everyone with black whip and jumping hundreds of meters into the air faster than Shigaraki’s finger could move a few centimeters and touch the ground.As well as Hawks’ skyscraper blitz during Endeavor Agency

They declared all the feats outliers

Like at that point if so many feats are outliers are we gonna call Goku mountain level because that’s the amount he destroys more often lol.
I swear some people are really hung up on MHA being a relatively low power verse and can't actually wrap their heads around what that actually means.

I swear some people are really hung up on MHA being a relatively low power verse and can't actually wrap their heads around what that actually means.
They really are.Plus it feels like people are more inclined to use Aoe fallacy against it, Naruto too.

But when in their verse Multi Continental to universal characters punching the ground and not obliterating everything is not an issue

But Building level characters attacking and causing big shockwaves are.(In the case of 8% Deku and Bakugo)

They really are.Plus it feels like people are more inclined to use Aoe fallacy against it, Naruto too.

But when in their verse Multi Continental to universal characters punching the ground and not obliterating everything is not an issue

But Building level characters attacking and causing big shockwaves are.(In the case of 8% Deku and Bakugo)
Bias for a beloved verse is pretty common. I've seen some dumb as rocks logic to scale a character to 10x their previous ability or make some pretty inconsistent logic to get a verse to MHS.

r/WWW isn't really a cohesive community by any means, the commenters changes every now and then, depending on the influx of popular verses too, although there are certainly people who remain there for long or so. The only real threads that are well-constructed are the tourneys being held by the mods themselves.

I can say that the subreddit is filled with OPM, HxH, JJBA and Dragon Ball fans though, leaning on the wanking side. While verses like MHA, Demon Slayer (although I disagree with its speed ratings as of now), and others are being heavily lowballed. Of course, there is a respective anti-wank and anti-lowballing crowd there.

On an MHA-unrelated note, the Dragon Ball wankers in WWW probably came from this forum. They're the same people insisting on Tier 1 Dragon Ball.

The speed debates are honestly a joke considering Hori has been consistently using sonic booms/cones since Endeavor training arc so anybody who's above the kids in that arc is obviously supersonic.

I know past that, it's not that easy to tell how much faster they are in terms if Mach, but it is the same for most other verses. Even verses with supposedly Lightspeed characters have them characters struggling with things no one who was Lightspeed would ever struggle with.

I actually prefer that MHA never went that far in terms of speed until like the very last arc or something.

The speed debates are honestly a joke considering Hori has been consistently using sonic booms/cones since Endeavor training arc so anybody who's above the kids in that arc is obviously supersonic.

I know past that, it's not that easy to tell how much faster they are in terms if Mach, but it is the same for most other verses. Even verses with supposedly Lightspeed characters have them characters struggling with things no one who was Lightspeed would ever struggle with.

I actually prefer that MHA never went that far in terms of speed until like the very last arc or something.
Lightspeed imo I like to be saved for the end of a series so anti feats can’t come in like you said.

I literally cannot count how many Anti feats a lot of Ftl characters have, they dodge light one chapter then in the next are being reacted to via sound and bodied by someone with lightning powers

Same tbh. I'd be fine with MHA staying below MHS. Concerning speed as well, the fact that Mirko and Hawks are faster than a cargo plane's top speed puts then at the very least borderline mach 1 in travel speed but nah they're as fast as cars or something.

There are some verses that when I see them on any fight vs another verse I just tune off cause I know how the fans wank stuff. Some people also use the same old arguments even when not applicable. I still remember the days when arguments like, "Nen crush; Reaitsu crush; Genjutsu GG; Those without Stands can't see Stands so your character auto loses; and now even with JJK with only Curse energy can hurt Curses" were so common.

Like we are all doing this for fun and debate and these types of arguments just take out the fun. Some of the verses being matched up don't have souls, aura pores, Chakra let alone cursed power so why even bring up this stuff without equalizing the verses. It's kinda pointless to even set up fights against those characters if people use the same old arguments.

Anyway, I'm not generalizing, I know not everyone does that just kinda bitter about a Sukuna hand to hand fight I set up only to get those tired arguments.

r/WWW isn't really a cohesive community by any means, the commenters changes every now and then, depending on the influx of popular verses too, although there are certainly people who remain there for long or so. The only real threads that are well-constructed are the tourneys being held by the mods themselves.

I can say that the subreddit is filled with OPM, HxH, JJBA and Dragon Ball fans though, leaning on the wanking side. While verses like MHA, Demon Slayer (although I disagree with its speed ratings as of now), and others are being heavily lowballed. Of course, there is a respective anti-wank and anti-lowballing crowd there.

On an MHA-unrelated note, the Dragon Ball wankers in WWW probably came from this forum. They're the same people insisting on Tier 1 Dragon Ball.
It's funny every time I debate Demon Slayer, all I see is wank with MHS+ speed.

Lightspeed imo I like to be saved for the end of a series so anti feats can’t come in like you said.

I literally cannot count how many Anti feats a lot of Ftl characters have, they dodge light one chapter then in the next are being reacted to via sound and bodied by someone with lightning powers
And it becomes super-noticeable at least to me. Like every time I'm reading One Piece or Black Clover nowadays, In notice anti-feats even when I'm not trying. Honestly, in my head I stopped considering them Lightspeed a long time otherwise I couldn't put uo with all the basic shit Luffy was failing at that a Lightspeed character like the Flash when he isn't jobbing would breeze through. Maybe Lightspeed reactions through future perception & prediction for these characters.

Honestly even for genuine FTL or MFTL speedsters like the Flash, there's still mountains of anti-feats of him struggling with guys he shouldn't struggle with at all.

There are some verses that when I see them on any fight vs another verse I just tune off cause I know how the fans wank stuff. Some people also use the same old arguments even when not applicable. I still remember the days when arguments like, "Nen crush; Reaitsu crush; Genjutsu GG; Those without Stands can't see Stands so your character auto loses; and now even with JJK with only Curse energy can hurt Curses" were so common.

Like we are all doing this for fun and debate and these types of arguments just take out the fun. Some of the verses being matched up don't have souls, aura pores, Chakra let alone cursed power so why even bring up this stuff without equalizing the verses. It's kinda pointless to even set up fights against those characters if people use the same old arguments.

Anyway, I'm not generalizing, I know not everyone does that just kinda bitter about a Sukuna hand to hand fight I set up only to get those tired arguments.
I remember setting up an argument for 15 finger Sukuna vs Prime All for One

Everyone in the comments hEs nOT a CuRSe aND hAs nO cUrseD eNergY hE lOSeS it’s annoying.

It's funny every time I debate Demon Slayer, all I see is wank with MHS+ speed.
Is it here or in WWW?
Because if it's here then yeah, I have issues with its speed but I haven't had the time to bring it up since I'm kinda lazy and busy and already put my effort on a Tensei Slime CRT.
If it's on WWW then there are people who argue that it's not even supersonic. Just like MHA. Not to mention that Demon Slayer has been an easy target of hate due to how mainstream popular it became.

Is it here or in WWW?
Because if it's here then yeah, I have issues with its speed but I haven't had the time to bring it up since I'm kinda lazy and busy and already put my effort on a Tensei Slime CRT.
If it's on WWW then there are people who argue that it's not even supersonic. Just like MHA. Not to mention that Demon Slayer has been an easy target of hate due to how mainstream popular it became.
Here, Comicvine and that one time on twitter.

I made a CRT a while ago but we kept going in circles and everyone dropped it.

Back