• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

At least we can confirm that the Pussycats are still alive. But to be honest, I wish Hori gave Midnight much, much more screentime during this arc if he's gonna kill her off. Another dead friend for Aizawa, I guess.

Still kinda feel like the villains should have won more than they did, but I can settle for a tie where both sides got horribly ruined

Still kinda feel like the villains should have won more than they did, but I can settle for a tie where both sides got horribly ruined
If the villains attacked first, yeah that would've made sense.
But the heroes attacked first, a month before the villains planned to.
This is the most balanced outcome, all things considered. The heroes had a massive advantage.

Unless we learn the full extent of how much of the army was lost, this is a win for the villains. The 1 goal for the heros was to wrap up the villains in the mansion and to incap shiggy while he was vulnerable. They failed to do either of those things to a near full extent and lost a massive amount of heros in the process as well as deeply injuring many of their absolute best.

The only remaining lieutenants of the PLF that's still with Shigaraki are Spinner, Dabi and Skeptic. Toga is alive but is MIA/separated. Re-Destro, Geten, Machia, Trumpet, along with 16,929 Liberators were all defeated and detained. The rest of the PLF in Japan were apparently also overpowered and detaine. Only 132 PLF members, including the executives under the lieutenants, were unaccounted for because they were right behind Machia's rampage.

Heroes still have Wash.

Someone explain to me, does Shigaraki apparently being able to revive himself on his own power go under supernatural willpower or limited resurrection.

AFO gonna use Shiggy's body to lead a raid on Tartarus to free his own body from containment then actively make use of 2 bodies with AFO at the same time in "Bakugo/Deku using OFA" style.

Think AFO could competently use shiggy's body as well as his own at the same time in a fight? If that's the case, that would be incredibly scary for all of society.

Last edited:
Someone explain to me, does Shigaraki apparently being able to revive himself on his own power go under supernatural willpower or limited resurrection.
I feel it’s willpower

I’d also like to ask if the Viz translation’s version of the last panels is similar to the scans Afo said Nomu Don’t Tire.

So maybe later this week that will warrant limitless stamina for Nomu, I don’t think anything contradicts this as we’ve never really seen them tire.
Ofc we have to wait for official Translations we can’t do this now.

I think it's pretty much a given that once Shiggy's body recovers, he'll override AFO considering how his will is being hyped here.

Looks like AFO is going straight for a prison break before that. And there's barely any heroes left to fight. Tarturus is gonna a be broken into.

Apart from calling for foreign help, there's barely any heroes in top shape to fight. Mirio, maybe Iida, Ochako and Tsuyu seem pretty occupied by the rescue. The other 1A kids at the hideout are probably too broken to fight again.

As for Top 10 heroes, they're mostly injured and out of commission.

So if we agree this would go under supernatural willpower which is an ability on this wiki, can we add it to his profile if the official translations support it and also when we eventually handle the shigaraki profile stuff.

Whatever restraints they have on machia must be extremely tight, otherwise all it takes is a simple command from AFO or machia and the beast is let loose.

I'm a fan of her but in terms of lone significance she didn't really have much. Though I do wonder how her death will emotionally impact Class 1-A and Aizawa & Present Mic especially.

Personally I’m just really hoping Torino does die since he didn’t show up on the dead heroes page at the end of the chapter

I also wonder where are Tamaki and Fatgum I assume they were K.Od by Machia but I’m not sure I’m just confident Hori wouldn’t off screen them

I'm still waiting to hear from Gran Torino as he has a very high possibility of getting the night eye treatment (My hero academia generally treats injuries like they would in the real world outside of Eri and regenerators) because I really don't know how you survive getting donuted.

Aizawa probably lost an eye, and definitely lost a leg but it doesn't look fatal the only issue there is blood loss but his injuries where pretty much immediately tended too so he should be fine.

Mirko's probably alive but her torso injury is scary, the blood loss isn't too much of an issue as Endeavor immediately cauterized it, but it looks like it might have hit some vital areas. Also from the last time we saw her it looked like she was on life support and was having trouble breathing which is the same thing that happened with night eye. I'd say she's got a 70% chance of living but she's going to be OoC for a while.

Hawks's injuries overall aren't too bad, he was burnt but it doesn't look fatal he'll probably scar and may lose functionality from his wings but he should live.

Mirko and Gran Torino are the two characters I'm most scared for rn , as this chapter was mainly to cover minor character deaths(sorry Midnight but your not super important on your own(

TAKE THAT BACK
Look there are tiers of characters you might loved midnight but purely based on screentime she wasn't all that important this chapter was mainly devoted to minor characters and confirming who was alive and who wasn't. Next chapter or the ones after that will be discussing the major character injuries.

No, I mean yeah it's sad she's gone, but she wasn't that relevant and was mostly just a fanservice character tbh, not that I don't like her, but it's not like someone from Class 1-A died
The things I'm more worried about if Mirko and/or Gran torino died. That would be a major death. Also, am I the only one curious about the fates of Tamaki and Fat gum. We know Majestic died in the fight and Fatgum and Tamaki were involved too, I'm not saying they're dead but what's the extent of their injuries.

Naw they didn’t die. If they did die then it would had been showed so most likely they are still alive but I’m sure Gran Torino is gonna have to retire from heroism and probably Mirko as well

Naw they didn’t die. If they did die then it would had been showed so most likely they are still alive but I’m sure Gran Torino is gonna have to retire from heroism and probably Mirko as well
I can't say I agree; this chapter seemed mainly focused on minor characters and immediate deaths. If Gran Torino and Mirko die, they will get hospital deaths, outside the purview of this chapter.

And the fact they're both on life support similar to Night eye and both have life-threatening injuries doesn't leave me hopeful. I'm more scared for Torino; Mirko is likely ok.

I think that’s the reason we’re not being shown them
If they’re alive why hide them from us instead of showing they were unscathed or not badly injured from Machia’s onslaught like 1-A got a full page on.
Not saying they flat out died but they might be critically injured

I don’t think Torino can survive Eri probably burned all her supplies of her rewind quirk and can’t heal him now and Nighteye died to a similar injury despite still being physically near his prime compared to oldman Torino.
Plus it would suck if he stays alive imo

Mirko probably dos retire and live on

We can all agree prime afo vs prime all might was a speed and attack power vs hax battle right
Tbh though of the quirks we've seen all for one have none of them have been really hax. The most hax one is regeneration, but I don't think prime AFO had that one, because the reason his face is destroyed is that he got regeneration after the injury.

Now Prime AFO might have had some hax power because it's implied that Kamino AFO was using a different likely smaller set of quirks, so we might see it from Tomura.

Tbh though of the quirks we've seen all for one have none of them have been really hax. The most hax one is regeneration, but I don't think prime AFO had that one, because the reason his face is destroyed is that he got regeneration after the injury.

Now Prime AFO might have had some hax power because it's implied that Kamino AFO was using a different likely smaller set of quirks, so we might see it from Tomura.
Proportional to the verse, what AFO has up his sleeve is pretty haxxy.

Back