• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Ok so from what I'm seeing it looks like my theory about AFO literally being inside Shigaraki wasn't wrong. When Spinner puts the hand mask on Shigaraki it causes his face to crack open and we see AFO's face there. I'm hoping we get further clarification of all this. But regardless it looks like the fighting's over but I'm wondering about Toga, the rest of the PLF, and compress. I don't really care about Gigantomachia, but Redestro, compress, and Toga are important.

This "Future Sight/Danger Sense" would have been a perfect ability for Nighteye to train Deku on. Too bad he died early.

Also looks like Compress and Machia were left behind. Don't know how the heroes will restrain Machia though, after he wakes up. Maybe they'll keep him sedated 24/7 otherwise it could be a replay of Uvo waking up in HxH.

Also with AFO keeping taking over Shiggy's body, for the second time, I wouldn't be surprised if Shiggy breaks into Tartarus to try to end him for good.

For speed, it's much harder to calc once people hit supersonic if there are no directly comparison feats (like Flashy Flash stating explosions or setting a time limit then having the character complete several actions there).

Like since Bakugo created a solid sonic boom all the way back in Endeavor training arc and by now we know he could keep up with 30% Deku at the beginning of the arc and he got a power-up becoming even faster, but by how much? We don't even know and it's pretty hard to calc that. It's the same for Iida and Deku, the only comparison feats we have for them is that "they are faster than Torino" but that isn't even impressive anymore.

We know Hawks and Mirko are fast but how fast. With Mirko, her strength is actually much clearer than her speed. Sometimes I wish the manga used solid statements like some comics do e.g. The Flash, but that may end up constraining the author and introducing a host of anti-feats.

For speed, it's much harder to calc once people hit supersonic if there are no directly comparison feats (like Flashy Flash stating explosions or setting a time limit then having the character complete several actions there).

Like since Bakugo created a solid sonic boom all the way back in Endeavor training arc and by now we know he could keep up with 30% Deku at the beginning of the arc and he got a power-up becoming even faster, but by how much? We don't even know and it's pretty hard to calc that. It's the same for Iida and Deku, the only comparison feats we have for them is that "they are faster than Torino" but that isn't even impressive anymore.

We know Hawks and Mirko are fast but how fast. With Mirko, her strength is actually much clearer than her speed. Sometimes I wish the manga used solid statements like some comics do e.g. The Flash, but that may end up constraining the author and introducing a host of anti-feats.
A lot of the time tho some of those statements in other series are hyperbole or might make no sense like the infamous 13 trillion times ftl feat from flash being stated by he narrator to only be barely below light speed

Still better than Downplay tho lol

And yeah unfortunately anti feats mainly depend on the context you look at them from
A person who thinks MHA is Massively Hypersonic Might would consider a lot of the current feats anti feats
While a person who thinks they’re all Subsonic at best might consider them all outliers or inconsistent.

At this rate the theory that Deku's quirks will kind of of resemble the cameos of the heroes at the start of the series. Might come true

At this rate the theory that Deku's quirks will kind of of resemble the cameos of the heroes at the start of the series. Might come true
Why do I get the feeling that what you've said is true, and that this won't lead to anything good?

I said it months before boys.

The quirks in OFA are going to possibly be based on the heroes shown in the first chapter of the manga.

Spidey - Black whip - Check

Superman - Float (and the base super stats) - Check

Wolverine - regeneration or something with bones

Kamen Rider - transformation

Devilman - idk

Doctor Midnight - super sight (or senses) - Check

Ultraman - Size change or energy blasts

Quote me on this

Yep, I still greatly believe that theory though it might not complete the whole set cause right now the 4 quirks Deku currently has are mainly centered on Superman (OFA, Float) and Spider-man (Black Whip, Danger Sense). And he's only got like 3 left. Between Wolverine, Kamen Rider, Ultraman, Devil Man and Doctor Midnight, that's a lot more than the 3 remaining quirks.

- Wolverine may give either regen or bone claws / maybe turning his bones into weapons but who knows.

- Kamen Rider - most riders just have transformation abilities.

- Devil man - mainly transformation again. I sure hope Deku's next quirk is a Transformation type cause now everything he's got are emitter quirks. It would be cool if he got a Mutant or Transformation ability to mix stuff up.

- Ultraman - for him, apart from super strength, hes also got size changing, enhanced vision and teleportation

- Doctor Midnight/Midnite - there have been several. They don't have powers. They mostly use tech. Have perfect night vision and also use eye lenses than can see infrared and in general just enhance vision. From Doctor Midnite and Ultraman, maybe the next quirk might be enhanced vision.

Yep, I still greatly believe that theory though it might not complete the whole set cause right now the 4 quirks Deku currently has are mainly centered on Superman (OFA, Float) and Spider-man (Black Whip, Danger Sense). And he's only got like 3 left. Between Wolverine, Kamen Rider, Ultraman, Devil Man and Doctor Midnight, that's a lot more than the 3 remaining quirks.

- Wolverine may give either regen or bone claws / maybe turning his bones into weapons but who knows.

- Kamen Rider - most riders just have transformation abilities.

- Devil man - mainly transformation again. I sure hope Deku's next quirk is a Transformation type cause now everything he's got are emitter quirks. It would be cool if he got a Mutant or Transformation ability to mix stuff up.

- Ultraman - for him, apart from super strength, hes also got size changing, enhanced vision and teleportation

- Doctor Midnight/Midnite - there have been several. They don't have powers. They mostly use tech. Have perfect night vision and also use eye lenses than can see infrared and in general just enhance vision. From Doctor Midnite and Ultraman, maybe the next quirk might be enhanced vision.
He probably has 2 from those guys because they're the most popular possible heroes you can hear about, so they get more recognition than the others. A combo quirk of some sort is possible that might reference more than one of the others, like a transformation.

At that point, he won't be able to hide OFA anymore, so I hope if he gets a transformation/mutant type quirk, it makes him really strong, but he can't use it when near others cause it'd be too obvious to hide.

However, Endeavor and other people do know he has multiple quirks now, so something might be going down anyway in terms of the secret.

At that point, he won't be able to hide OFA anymore, so I hope if he gets a transformation/mutant type quirk, it makes him really strong, but he can't use it when near others cause it'd be too obvious to hide.

However, Endeavor and other people do know he has multiple quirks now, so something might be going down anyway in terms of the secret.
I still felt it was strange during joint training and endeavor agency Deku busts out energy tendrils that have nothing to do with super strength and everyone just accepts outside of a few being a little curious.

It felt like a lot of characters suddenly get dumber the instant blackwhip comes into play

Last edited:
I still felt it was strange during joint training and endeavor agency Deku busts out energy tendrils that have nothing to do with super strength and everyone just accepts outside of a few being a little curious.

It felt like a lot of characters suddenly get dumber the instant blackwhip comes into play
They didn't know anything that could possibly lead to the conclusion that Deku has multiple quirks. They only know Nomu have that, and they're abominations with no intelligence and serve the league, which Deku isn't nor is connected to in any way positively.

His quirk is already weird for breaking his bones, then not breaking his bones, after a few weeks. His power is unknown to most of them, so if he whipped something completely different out of nowhere, the most logical conclusion is that his quirk evolved in some way or is doing something he hasn't considered before.

Like they say, his quirk is weird, and black whip is the weirdest thing its done so far, but it can still be explained as something he didn't know about; a different application of his strength/energy. It'd be weirder for them to jump to him having multiple quirks when they have no context for AFO or OFA, and a bare minimum understanding of someone having multiple quirks.

They didn't know anything that could possibly lead to the conclusion that Deku has multiple quirks. They only know Nomu have that, and they're abominations with no intelligence and serve the league, which Deku isn't nor is connected to in any way positively.

His quirk is already weird for breaking his bones, then not breaking his bones, after a few weeks. His power is unknown to most of them, so if he whipped something completely different out of nowhere, the most logical conclusion is that his quirk evolved in some way or is doing something he hasn't considered before.

Like they say, his quirk is weird, and black whip is the weirdest thing its done so far, but it can still be explained as something he didn't know about; a different application of his strength/energy. It'd be weirder for them to jump to him having multiple quirks when they have no context for AFO or OFA, and a bare minimum understanding of someone having multiple quirks.
I guess so but the fact that they know so little about OFA makes it weirder
If I was in the verse I’d assume the arm breaking is simply due to Newton’s third law and just assume he’s only increasing strength and speed.Not his Durability somehow but his body being able to withstand the force of lower outputs of said quirk, explaining why he’s not breaking limbs anymore.(Full Cowl)
If Deku just told people that he stockpiled Energy ever since his quirk developed or a lie like that Black tendrils would be justifiable.
From their context he’s just got super strength and no reason to assume much more than that really.

With Nomu popping up more frequently I’d definitely consider multiple quirks especially after witnessing Nine who has multiple quirks and has intelligence.

Maybe this is the power of being a part of the audience and not actually in verse

Last edited:
I’d like to ask when Deku activated float for the first time tagged everyone with blackwhip and jumped into the the air did anyone react to Deku doing that.

If they didn’t seems like a good feat and he did this before Shiggy’s fingers could touch the ground they were literally Centimeters away.

The Feat in question

I think Deku needs to just leave Japan if they don’t take Shiggy captive that search quirk is dangerous especially if he kept going to normal school days.
I don't think he's going anywhere. I never bought the "kids run to America" theories that people were peddling about. Deku was one of the main pillars in defeating Shiggy this time, if he's gone, Shiggy would have a much easier time of ragdolling Japan in it's entirety.

I don't think he's going anywhere. I never bought the "kids run to America" theories that people were peddling about. Deku was one of the main pillars in defeating Shiggy this time, if he's gone, Shiggy would have a much easier time of ragdolling Japan in it's entirety.
He was one of the main figures in beating shiggy but he had to break himself to an abysmal degree and can’t do this constantly everytime shiggy hunts him down.

If Shigaraki somehow completes the operation without the doctor Deku is extra doomed and would get curbstomped even at 45%

I could definitely see the next arc being "there is a threat/villain that needs to be dealt with but everyone is in the hospital so who's going to deal with it."

Assuming we’re gonna get a big time skip while Deku’s healing or going to America or something, who do you guys want to have an arc focused on them? I personally want Uraraka to be the main view while we deal with the aftermath of all this.

Assuming we’re gonna get a big time skip while Deku’s healing or going to America or something, who do you guys want to have an arc focused on them? I personally want Uraraka to be the main view while we deal with the aftermath of all this.
Personally I’d like it to be Tokoyami
He’s gonna have it rough after Dabi screwed over Hawks’ reputation

Mirio and Iida are still uninjured. Hori also said the 2nd years will play apart in the future.
I’m curious to what their designs and quirks will be along with where they fall in on the power scale

It has been strange Hori has hid them for so long so I’m assuming at least 1 will become an important character had to be a reason they’ve been reserved.

I don’t even think Second Years were mentioned for the War effort.

question maybe i missed it but did compress take giganta with him? or is he still on the floor
edit- it seems like they left him so i guess hes captured (which i guess is a good way to avoid fighting him in the future)

Stop linking to illegal sites, how many times does this need to be stated?

Delete that now.
How in the hell this is an illegal site? and congrats u only told me 1 time....actually it was one of u guys that said that mangasee and VIZ were the only sites that I weren't illegal

Also dont talk to me like that with that attitude, there are better ways of telling someone without giving off like u are pissed

I'm not talking to you in particular, I mean in this thread in general.

How do you think that a legal site, the chapter isn't even out yet? It's posting fan translations and leaked scans.

Only Viz.com and mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp are legal, to my knowledge.

Then my apologies, I thought MangaSee was one of the legal sites and truth be told I (now formerly) thought it was weird that it could be a legal site given the fact of what u said, is fan translation

Back