• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Tbh I and many other people predicted Dabi is shoto’s Brother ever since like 2018
2018 literally since this man showed up in the manga people were like he's Shoto's brother, isn't he.

You bring a character who has fire powers where the only other two characters who've used fire powers on-screen are him and Endeavor.

You have him go out of his way to say that's not his real name.

Then, we show a weird connection between him and Shoto by having him specifically grab the bead from Shoto and have him call him by his full name, and give us a double-page spread of that.

Then, you go out of your way to specify Endeavor's not going to be going inside the area where Dabi is and keep Shoto from him as well.

This was made to be the most predictable twist ever not even getting to the Kyushu stuff which essentially confirmed it, I've seen people talking about, and yeah it was, it was still massively successful because it got reactions out of everyone, but it was as predictable as sliced bread.

Part of me thought it was way too obvious that Dabi was Touya so that's why it couldn't be him
I knew Dabi had to be Touya because of how much it would suck if he wasn’t.
It would be cheap subversion
Plus Hori is the kinda guy who seems to stick to Ideas he sets up and foreshadows.
Whether Short Term(Infinite 100%) or long term(The MLA)
Not really subverting them for pure shock factor.

Or to have a better idea on how much it could’ve sucked imagine if Dabi was somehow Bakugo or just some random.

Dabi being Touya wasn’t meant to be a huge reveal for us as the audience of we paid attention and stuck to our guns.

In verse though, he just crippled Endeavor’s entire hero career and all of hero society because they didn’t know.

Wait, it's likely Shigaraki has transmission, the warping Quirk AFO used in Kamino.

It's possible that he can teleport all of them to the doctor's position or even Toga's position. If he does teleport, Toga seems more likely since no one knows where she is and that can give them time to catch themselves. Though I don't know if he can teleport Machia in time, it's possible the big guy gets locked up here.

Though the idea of Machia and AFO being in the same prison sounds like a bad idea.

Shigaraki does need to get the doctor though, his surgery can't be complete without him right? And it looks like Present Mic was running somewhere this chapter, so it's possible he's left the doctor's side, which means either some fodder hero is there or he's only being guarded by police.

I'm not implying Mic could stop them, just that he wouldn't be put in danger if that's true.

AFO and machia being in the same prison isn't just a bad idea. It's a horrible idea. Literally all AFO has to do is whisper and it's a massive prison break.

Wait, it's likely Shigaraki has transmission, the warping Quirk AFO used in Kamino.

It's possible that he can teleport all of them to the doctor's position or even Toga's position. If he does teleport, Toga seems more likely since no one knows where she is and that can give them time to catch themselves. Though I don't know if he can teleport Machia in time, it's possible the big guy gets locked up here.

Though the idea of Machia and AFO being in the same prison sounds like a bad idea.

Shigaraki does need to get the doctor though, his surgery can't be complete without him right? And it looks like Present Mic was running somewhere this chapter, so it's possible he's left the doctor's side, which means either some fodder hero is there or he's only being guarded by police.

I'm not implying Mic could stop them, just that he wouldn't be put in danger if that's true.
Honestly Containing Machia in Prison sounds extremely difficult if they do lock him
Like could you imagine if Afo simply just yelled at Machia to move if he was nearby.Hed start a prison break.Like it would be an atrocious decision to put them slightly close to each other

Likely they’ll probably try putting Machia as far from Afo as possible to prevent such maybe even dump Machia somewhere at the bottom of the ocean where Afo or shiggy couldn’t give him an order.

Shiggy having transmission makes sense I was also thinking of the possibility that Shigaraki has the O’Clock quirk.That would make him So overpowered and he’d blitz everyone since in universe it’s a speed multiplier.
Especially an Emergency Situation Shigaraki hed actually be untouchable.

Last edited:

Yeah, I was thinking that. It probably wouldn't work for the doctor, but I'm putting an asterisk on that. During the AM vs AFO fight, he says this about the quirk

"My version's still not complete, Magne. It only works over extremely short distances, and it's not like his which can target specific coordinates. All I can do is bring things to me or send them away from me. What's more ... the destination has to be a person.. one I'm well acquainted with."

See he says extremely short distances but I'm not so sure about that, he transports the LOV when he's about 5km away so I don't exactly know what extremely short means. Though Tomura destroyed roughly a third of the city so the doctor should at least be outside of that area so he's at least a few kilometers away but is it greater than 5km I don't know. (I'm assuming the Johnny Nomu had the complete version which is why it could transport people well over hundred-kilometer distances).

Also, I'm not so sure how restraints work here either because all of the LOV was restrained when he pulled this trick, but if that's the case what was stopping the doctor from transporting AFO. Was it the distance because Johnny has been shown capable of transporting people from over 300km?

Last edited:
I'll still keep my dream of Toga using Double then using Warpgate alive till the next few chapters.
Oh the sadman parade Toga version theory. It's viable but there are some issues.

1. If she were to use this it probably wouldn't be as fast as twice's. Toga would be quickest at creating herself as she'd know her own measurements the best and it's questionable if she knows Twice's measurements. Possible yes, but unlike with the blood which I could see her getting just because there close and that's how Toga shows affection I don't really see any reason she'd know his measurements(not impossible just saying, plus Horikoshi has forgotten about the whole measurements thing before i.e MVA arc with Toga).

2.If she could only create herself than it's likely they'd have to transform too before using the double quirk again meaning the entire process would be significantly slower, she could probably clone the blood but it would take a while.

More and more it really lookslike Deku has a sensory quirk like Spider-sense that can warn him of danger. It has already shown up 3 times right now: when AFO took over Shiggy, when Machia was about to wake up and in this chapter.

New quirk theory confirmed, THATS going to **** with him badly for the rest of his life unless he controls it. Good news is if he can make it an actual spidey sense, we’ll get some ultra instinct Deku. Also bye bye everybody, shows over.

New quirk theory confirmed, THATS going to **** with him badly for the rest of his life unless he controls it. Good news is if he can make it an actual spidey sense, we’ll get some ultra instinct Deku. Also bye bye everybody, shows over.
I can see why All Might hid that.

Also Deku’s pain tolerance and stamina is abysmally high. He’s taken the most (self inflicted) damage out of everyone except Shigaraki, his new power is alerting him of every dangerous scenario around him within several kilometers giving him a headache so bad he shouldn’t be awake, and he gets blasted point blank by a shockwave from AFO, and he’s STILL awake by the end of the chapter, yelling in defiance.

You cannot deny his stamina at this point. He doesn’t have a regen quirk, a Pain dampener or anything, it’s sheer determination. I don’t think there is anything capable of knocking him unconscious at this point.

@Jackof_noTrades068 I've been requested to calculate Deku moving to Shigaraki here before Gran Torin, so I'll post it here for now:
Pixel scaling.
Building story height is 3px (3.5 m)
Distance Deku traveled = 100.30px (117 m)
Timeframe = Assuming Subsonic+ reaction time, the timeframe would sit around at 0.00583 seconds.
Speed = 117/0.00583 = 20172.41 m/s or Mach 58.81. (High Hypersonic+)
The timeframe seems a little bit iffy but you'll have to make due.

@Jackof_noTrades068 I've been requested to calculate Deku moving to Shigaraki here before Gran Torin, so I'll post it here for now:
Pixel scaling.
Building story height is 3px (3.5 m)
Distance Deku traveled = 100.30px (117 m)
Timeframe = Assuming Subsonic+ reaction time, the timeframe would sit around at 0.00583 seconds.
Speed = 117/0.00583 = 20172.41 m/s or Mach 58.81. (High Hypersonic+)
The timeframe seems a little bit iffy but you'll have to make due.
Maybe you should make a low end with Baseline Subsonic because that is far too high and would make him faster than a casual wounded all might.

Maybe also you should make another
end using method I suggested you instead of using reaction times
Since it didn’t seem like people failed to react anyway.

Lmfao honestly if we could confirm Aoyama’s beam was light speed we’d have Ftl reactions scaling off mirio

Issue is that it makes every other speed feat an anti feat and a half
i tell everyone this i will never ignore feats if its logically yes the navel lasers are easily SOL and they have reactions for it but my issue is they aint even react to lightning or hit a solid MHS-MHS+ yet so they cant have the navel feat yet imo.

i tell everyone this i will never ignore feats if its logically yes the navel lasers are easily SOL and they have reactions for it but my issue is they aint even react to lightning or hit a solid MHS-MHS+ yet so they cant have the navel feat yet imo.
Yep, while off guard Nine could still blitz them with lightning, the fact Deku and Bakugo thought they need Kaminari to absorb it instead of just dodging it the next time around would be an awful anti feat for FTL MHA.

Supersonic to high Hypersonic fighters is kinda just more consistent with the verse.

Maybe you should make a low end with Baseline Subsonic because that is far too high and would make him faster than a casual wounded all might.

Maybe also you should make another
end using method I suggested you instead of using reaction times
Since it didn’t seem like people failed to react anyway.
It wouldn't be a stretch to assume he's faster then a casual wounded All Might.

It wouldn't be a stretch to assume he's faster then a casual wounded All Might.
Actually thinking about it it’s not since all might has been stated to never go all out for travel speed alone to prevent shockwaves generated by his movements.
So he wasn’t traveling with 100% OFA there

So you can make the case for it, maybe not over 2x his speed but a case.

Last edited:
Back