• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I think y'all forgot who Mirio is lol, im sure he'll sense how dangerous Shigaraki is and won't attack or Shigi does attack and he ends up going right through Mirio because of his quirk

I don't think Shiggy is tagging Mirio. Even if Shiggy wakes up now, he's out of steam so he won't be at full power.

Shiggy seems half awake right now. I don't really know what the league's plan is right now, because compress released Spinner and Shiggy at the top of the unconscious Machia while Dabi is currently flying to them with Compress pretty much about to die due to blood loss and organ failure most likely.

well it seems like their still not able to find an escape . They regrouped but now we wait to see and i think the creator is trying his best to not give any asspull chapters

Why are we not mentioning decay here? Shigaraki should still be able to pull off a wave of Decay, and if he does that, people will die.

Let's go through the list of fighters on the heroes side:

-Deku(Unconscious)

-Shoto(Unconscious)

-Endeavor(Unconscious)

-Bakugou(Heavily injured)

-Nejire(Heavily injured)

-Best jeanist(Heavily weakened)

-Mirio

-Iida

Of that list, we only have two people who can fly, both of which are significantly injured, so it's unlikely they could even escape the Decay, much less carry another person.

Iida may be able to outrun the wave, though it's unlikely considering he'd be near the epicenter and the only reason they could do it last time is that Deku and Shoto slowed it down. It's even more unlikely he could do it carrying someone else.

Mirio should be fine, but he couldn't carry anyone with him as he'd need to be intangible to avoid the decay.

Best Jeanist doesn't have any flying method and doesn't have the travel speed necessary to avoid it, so someone would need to carry him.

If Shigaraki touches the ground, the fight ends.

Deku isn't unconscious, he just fell to the ground. So him using black whip from his mouth and floating people is still on the table.

Unless you guys want to underestimate him for the 5th time in a row since people said he should be done.
Ok sure, we still have 3 other deadweight people, and just floating isn't enough here he'd need to fly as well as stay out of the range. Remember even a piece of stray rubble affected by decay will kill you.

Ok sure, we still have 3 other deadweight people, and just floating isn't enough here he'd need to fly as well as stay out of the range. Remember even a piece of stray rubble affected by decay will kill you.
3 People split between Best Jeanist and Deku, both of whom have quirks that can affect and move multiple people from range and Deku even being able to fly? We don't even know if Shiggy has the strength for another decay wave considering he's still half dead and barely waking up moments after getting blasted into unconsciousness. Not to mention he's probably going to try and escape now that Compress is giving his all for them to get out.

Even fodder heroes could react to the decay wave, Iida would be able to get at least Bakugo and Shoto out easy, which just leaves Endeavor on the ground whille Nejire can fly.

Deku isn't unconscious, he just fell to the ground. So him using black whip from his mouth and floating people is still on the table.

Unless you guys want to underestimate him for the 5th time in a row since people said he should be done.
I swear, and quote me on this, if he pulls off a mini-United States of Smash I'll change my profile picture to feral Deku for a week.

3 People split between Best Jeanist and Deku, both of whom have quirks that can affect and move multiple people from range and Deku even being able to fly? We don't even know if Shiggy has the strength for another decay wave considering he's still half dead and barely waking up moments after getting blasted into unconsciousness. Not to mention he's probably going to try and escape now that Compress is giving his all for them to get out.
Shiggy's been regenerating for the past 5 chapters, and he's been shown to be capable of decay wave when he is seriously injured(MLA); he's fine.

Neither Best Jeanist nor Deku can move mid-air; Deku can only levitate, Shigaraki's range is multiple kilometers, and best jeanist isn't throwing them that far.

The best Deku could do is fly really high and use a black whip from him his mouth to hold someone.

Not to mention fodder heroes could escape it only after both Todoroki and Deku slowed it down there's no one with that level of power left still on the battlefield and they weren't near the epicenter either.

And not to mention the heroes who are still within the vicinity of a Decay wave who were fighting the high end.

Last edited:
Shiggy's been regenerating for the past 5 chapters, and he's been shown to be capable of decay wave when he is seriously injured(MLA); he's fine.

Neither Best Jeanist nor Deku can move mid-air; Deku can only levitate, Shigaraki's range is multiple kilometers, and best jeanist isn't throwing them that far.

Not to mention fodder heroes could escape it only after both Todoroki and Deku slowed it down there's no one with that level of power left still on the battlefield and they weren't near the epicenter either.

This isn't death's door, this is quirk overuse and fatigue, on top of his body still breaking down because his regeneration is a fraction of what it used to be before he got yeeted out of OFA. He was at death's door 9 chapters ago after Deku beat the fear of god into him and he caught a prominence burn that required AFO to step in and save him.

Deku can move midair, he doesn't need his limbs. He can quite literally push and pull himself with black whip, he said this himself. And Shiggy has to get off Machia before decaying anything, and that's a long time for Deku and Best Jeanist to react, especially since Mirio is also going to tell everyone he's awake.

Worst case for Shiggy is Deku gets pissed off at him being awake and goes 100% again until he just forces him to retreat lest his team get ko'd from the shockwaves. Best case is he sends the Nomus at Deku and they distract him long enough for an escape. Compress's entire play is for the league to escape, I doubt Shiggy is going to go for another decay in the state he's in, cause if he does, Deku is coming for him again.

This isn't death's door, this is quirk overuse and fatigue, on top of his body still breaking down because his regeneration is a fraction of what it used to be before he got yeeted out of OFA. He was at death's door 9 chapters ago after Deku beat the fear of god into him and he caught a prominence burn that required AFO to step in and save him.

Deku can move midair, he doesn't need his limbs. He can quite literally push and pull himself with black whip, he said this himself. And Shiggy has to get off Machia before decaying anything, and that's a long time for Deku and Best Jeanist to react, especially since Mirio is also going to tell everyone he's awake.

Worst case for Shiggy is Deku gets pissed off at him being awake and goes 100% again until he just forces him to retreat lest his team get ko'd from the shockwaves. Best case is he sends the Nomus at Deku and they distract him long enough for an escape. Compress's entire play is for the league to escape, I doubt Shiggy is going to go for another decay in the state he's in, cause if he does, Deku is coming for him again.
How the hell is Deku using 100% again his arms and legs are beyond broken. Deku's done fighting I will bet money on it.

But honestly, this is irrelevant we'll have our answer by the end of the week. Horikoshi could throw in the sad man parade Toga version and change the game board again, if the last 4 chapters have shown me one thing it's that anything's on the table.

Last edited:
I doubt shiggy is using decay any time soon. He's literally only used it 2 times since waking up, and he's on machia's back right now. Shiggy sure as hell doesnt wanna put machia to dust right now. But yeah, like you pointed out this discussion doesn't really matter since Hori is always throwing in super unexpected elements into the mix.

lmao what? i was told months ago that the anime adding extra parts isnt canon... why would this anime be any different?

Since some people might consider parts of the anime canon, can anyone calculate Endeavor splitting clouds here?
I’m no expert on calcs but that cloud split I see only being 8-A at best maybe I’m just really dumb

Edit:I was scrolling through a couple cloud split calcs and yeah that feat has potential to be Tier 7

Also that was anime only so even if it gets great consistent results it probably won’t be added.
Unfortunate
It might be allowed but that’s a hard might

Last edited:
lmao what? i was told months ago that the anime adding extra parts isnt canon... why would this anime be any different?
People consider the extra bits of Endeavor vs AFO canon, along with some of the filler from his clash with Jeanist. Don't see why this would be different honestly.

People consider the extra bits of Endeavor vs AFO canon, along with some of the filler from his clash with Jeanist. Don't see why this would be different honestly.
Because we still saw similar consistent things in the manga to imply this clash. In the manga we see a panel of endeavor firing flames and AFO getting an air cannon so it's not hard to make the bridge. There's nothing we see in the manga too imply he was going up high enough to reach the clouds and then destroy them.

Because we still saw similar consistent things in the manga to imply this clash. In the manga we see a panel of endeavor firing flames and AFO getting an air cannon so it's not hard to make the bridge. There's nothing we see in the manga too imply he was going up high enough to reach the clouds and then destroy them.
On the bright side if in a few years we get enough feats from the anime’s over exaggerations we could make anime pages for the characters

Shigaraki didn’t inherit OFA from Shimura, so no.
Did Shimura have a kid before or after getting OFA. We don't know. Most importantly, kids are not guaranteed to inherit their parents' quirks, Deku is a perfect example of this. Eri and Shigaraki on the other hand had quirks that were completely new and random, not in their families at all.

Also most if this are be child families hence there's not enough probabilities. It would be clearerbif if there were like 4+ kids in the family.

So it basically comes down to imagination? That's not really logical.

Did Shimura have a kid before or after getting OFA. We don't know. Most importantly, kids are not guaranteed to inherit their parents' quirks, Deku is a perfect example of this. Eri and Shigaraki on the other hand had quirks that were completely new and random, not in their families at all.

Also most if this are be child families hence there's not enough probabilities. It would be clearerbif if there were like 4+ kids in the family.
Wasn’t it stated that Shimura told Gran Torino and All Might to stay out of her son’s life? If she already knew All Might by then, then she would’ve already had One For All.

Plus OFA has to be transferred willingly, so unless Deku chose to give it to his hypothetical child, then it wouldn’t inherit it.

Back