• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

We usually downscale people who use weapons to hurt someone, if they don't have any real physical stats.

But even without that Toga should be 8-C+ since she could restrain Base Izuku, who couldn't break her grip and had to use 5%. And a 8-C+ can stab a High 8-C.

Twice never got hit by Todoroki's ice since he's scared of getting injured, and all he really did was cut up some ice. He could downscale to 8-C+ since it's implied he could injure both Todoroki (He wouldn't be paying Twice any attention if Twice couldn't hurt him), and Bakugo.

I don't get the Shigaraki thing, maybe I missing something.

Last edited:
I scaled Twice from Spinner to keep his tier, but if people disagree with that, I'm fine with downgrading him to 8-C+.

Last edited:
The leaks have begun to come out and... I'm not exactly sure what to feel about the one who got focus on this chapter. Although I'm glad he's finally doing something, new feats and backstory for Compress!

From what I saw:
Iida is fighting 2 Near High-ends on his own. Mirio is fighting the High-ends with the bone armor on his fists. Best Jeanist, Bakugo and Nejire are at the end of their rope and Endeavor is already knocked out. Looks like this chapter will focus on Compress, Toga is still running in the streets crying, she hasn't arrived yet.

WAIT, COMPRESS IS RELEVANT. Also, we may have a bit of a conundrum with scaling here, if the fan translations are accurate, if they're saying these nomu are equal to hood.

We usually downscale people who use weapons to hurt someone, if they don't have any real physical stats.

But even without that Toga should be 8-C+ since she could restrain Base Izuku, who couldn't break her grip and had to use 5%. And a 8-C+ can stab a High 8-C.

Twice never got hit by Todoroki's ice since he's scared of getting injured, and all he really did was cut up some ice. He could downscale to 8-C+ since it's implied he could injure both Todoroki (He wouldn't be paying Twice any attention if Twice couldn't hurt him), and Bakugo.

I don't get the Shigaraki thing, maybe I missing something.
Wait shouldn't Toga also scale to Spinner and Twice. Also Shigaraki got signficantly stronger between the Yakuza and Redestro Arc so I'm not sure why he doesn't upscale to High 8-C+. Considering we do the same thing for most of the UA students.

Wait shouldn't Toga also scale to Spinner and Twice. Also Shigaraki got signficantly stronger between the Yakuza and Redestro Arc so I'm not sure why he doesn't upscale to High 8-C+. Considering we do the same thing for most of the UA students.

That's sort of the problem, we should stop doing this.

I'm making a CRT tonight to address the scaling issues.

Ok, that's fine as long as it's uniform, but Toga should at least scale to Spinner who is frequently treated as the weakest league member.
If there's a reason for her to scale to him then sure, but not because "I think Spinner seems pretty weak."

It's not conjecture, during the MLA arc in chapter 227 spinner was having difficulty taking out even one of the fighters there which was stated by Dabi, and Toga could easily take out the members, the same applies with Twice.

Also, a side note.
So with this all of the LOV members have gotten spotlight this arc, YES.

Okay so it looks like the league has came up with an escape plan and it looks like COMPRESS of all people is leading it. Dabi's focus has seemingly shifted to helping out with the LOV's escape. Machia is out cold and Jeanist is tiring. The "3 musketeers" are all severely weakened. And the heros still have 4 nomus who might be 7-C each to still deal with while also trying to get the league restrained. Also: where the hell is skeptic. The dude's been missing for the last 2 chapters and the leaks have no mention of him.

Seems like I undersold Dabi, as he is willing to postpone his revenge. He kept his emotions under control. He is also still willing to tag along the PLF. Good, big brain Dabi.
Skeptic has been seen in Machia's back. Jeanist likely was not able to restrain him, or intended to restrain him along with Machia, or is simply not deemed as much of a threat.

WAIT, COMPRESS IS RELEVANT. Also, we may have a bit of a conundrum with scaling here, if the fan translations are accurate, if they're saying these nomu are equal to hood.
I told people long ago that all High-end base stats are the same but they didn't believe me. The difference only comes out when quirks and combat intelligence come into play. Hood had Muscle Augmentation, multiple arms and flight as quirks. These could indeed bring out a strength difference but in base the tiers are still: Low tier White Nomu, Mid Grey Nomu and High-tier Black Nomu, High-ends are Black Nomu too and their uniqueness is their intelligence which makes them better fighters.

The base strength, speed and durability before different quirks come into play should be relative for all Black Nomu otherwise Ujiko and Horikoshi would have created another level.

I'm more curious about the size of what he can compress, like can he compress gigantomachia. The dude is at least 25m<, we've never gotten any limit on it so maybe. But let's see

He can compress body parts off like against those anti-mutant terrorists that the League fought when they were homeless.

For one-touch hax, Decay, Overhaul, Compress & Meatball take the cake. If that Meatball guy had been a villain, be could do all manner of f-cked up shit.

I'm more curious about the size of what he can compress, like can he compress gigantomachia. The dude is at least 25m<, we've never gotten any limit on it so maybe. But let's see
That would be kinda cool if he compressed Machia for the ride
It’s also kinda good about his quirk that it doesn’t take original mass into account or at least I think it doesn’t

He was able to move around freely while holding bakugou, tokoyami and a large slab of ice , so I'm pretty sure its mass-independent I'm more curious like could he compress the empire state building. That seems ridiculous but there haven't been any limits to go by yet so who knows.

In terms of the one-touch quirks, it goes
Decay for power.
Overhaul for versatility.
Compress for capturing.

Meatball doesn't really outdo any of the other 3 in anything, compress beats in capture and he can also store things too the only advantage is his telekinetic control over the meatballs,

He was able to move around freely while holding bakugou, tokoyami and a large slab of ice , so I'm pretty sure its mass-independent I'm more curious like could he compress the empire state building. That seems ridiculous but there haven't been any limits to go by yet so who knows.

In terms of the one-touch quirks, it goes
Decay for power.
Overhaul for versatility.
Compress for capturing.

Meatball doesn't really outdo any of the other 3 in anything, compress beats in capture and he can also store things too the only advantage is his telekinetic control over the meatballs,
Imagine if the mass stayed he Compressed the Empire State Building and Just asked someone to throw it at supersonic speeds I could only imagine the KE.
Although lifting Strength wise that is likely out of the league of anyone in the verse.

If Compress' quirk had no limit or was very forgiving as to what it can compress, he could do A LOT of things.

For example, he could compress machia, throw the marble up into the air, and just release machia in the air and crush multiple heros. That would be just one of the many things he could do.

Imagine if the mass stayed he Compressed the Empire State Building and Just asked someone to throw it at supersonic speeds I could only imagine the KE.
Although lifting Strength wise that is likely out of the league of anyone in the verse.
Actually, I'd argue the fact their mass-independent is better, we've seen the things compress uncompresses maintain inertia when he was fighting the class 1A students and shooting compressed debris at them. So If he did throw Gigantomachia at supersonic speeds it would still maintain the speed for probably an 8-A feat.

Actually, I'd argue the fact their mass-independent is better, we've seen the things compress uncompresses maintain inertia when he was fighting the class 1A students and shooting compressed debris at them. So If he did throw Gigantomachia at supersonic speeds it would still maintain the speed for probably an 8-A feat.
Oh good point actually
Due to it being mass independent entirely someone like shigaraki could throw it at Hypersonic speeds then uncompress Machia
Like when you really think about it Compress could genuinely be a monster

Also, I'm still against the higher with equipment thing for Toga. Not only should she be comparable to the other members of the league of villains, but the idea of downscaling a character because a character uses a weapon doesn't make sense to me.

Spinner uses a sword, do we downscale him because he uses a sword.

Twice uses a steel measuring tape, do we do downscale him too.

Atomic samurai from OPM uses a sword do we downscale him too.

The only case this would make sense if the character's weapon is clearly a significant boost to their stats(take Boruto's chakra sword) or it's not a consistent part of their fighting style.

The reason we removed a lot of characters' nonquirk rating was for this same reason as it isn't relevant.

Neither of these is the case Toga's durability scales from taking a hit from Shouji and the only time she didn't use weapons was during her fight with Izuku where she A wasn't bloodlusted and B the target for her was to get his blood not kill him and C it wasn't like she was having any trouble with him whatsoever

I don't believe a separate key for her makes sense either as she wasn't implied to get much stronger between MVA and Rise of Heroes Saga as the rest of the LOV weren't pressured as much as Shigaraki and we don't do this for any other LOV profile.

Are Wash, 13 and the Pussy Cats dead? If they were alive, they would have arrived at the battlefield by now. They also weren't shown fighting the Near High-ends.

Todoroki completely lost to Dabi. I think at this point it's clear that the difference between Dabi using Flashfire and ordinary Dabi is massive. Flashfire Dabi is a top of the verse character. Shoto will never be able to match him with fire alone.

As for Iida and Mirio, although they aren't dealing any damage, they are indeed going toe to toe with the Near High-ends for extende periods of time. Their AP doesn't scale but their speed does.

Back