• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

We never reached a veredict of Bakugo having 9-A tier, and yet you changed it.

Either way, there's no need to classify his smaller explosions when even a Street level sized explosion can snap his neck back.
That's already been explained. But we need to keep this in the CRT itself.

I got 4 people to agree with me (one was staff) and asked like two or three times whether anyone disagreed. No one came forward on that.
I thought you were talking about Bakugo having durability negation, and TheRustyOne disagreed with the change as well.

That is an outlier as that kind of thing never repeats itself again in the show.
What? You already forgot every time a High 8-C character got pushed by Bakugo's smaller explosions?

I thought you were talking about Bakugo having durability negation, and TheRustyOne disagreed with the change as well.

What? You already forgot every time a High 8-C character got pushed by Bakugo smaller explosions?
I literally opened with 9A Bakugou which is why King even started debating me in the first place.

Name those times.

Because there are buildings right there and a explosion needs several dozens of meters in order to even reach 8-C.

This explosion couldn't even reach the middle part of the buildings and we can see its whole width.

We can clearly see the whole width of the explosion on that panel, explain.

If the explosion is too long then that literally doesn't matter, because the psi of that section of the explosions is too weak, your point once again?

The shape of the explosion must be consistent, otherwise the psi is not distributed evenly.

My method is fine, because Bakugo's explosions are usually consistent and circular.

The shape of the explosion must be consistent, otherwise the psi is not distributed evenly.

My method is fine, because Bakugo's explosions are usually consistent and circular.
Pardon? We don't even see what shape the explosion was. Even then, judging from the limited size we got from it, the shape looks consistent.

We can see the right side of this explosion, it literally cannot be Building level because at that point it would be far too long.
We still don't see how big the explosion stretched, to begin with. You can't assume it's AP rating just because you'd think it'd be "far too long." Literally, we don't see the full size of the explosion. The only shot we get after is when the dust from it is settling.

Also, why did you extent your pixel scaling into another panel which doesn't match up with the other one? That would invalidate the calculation.

Also, why did you extent your pixel scaling into another panel which doesn't match up with the other one? That would invalidate the calculation.
I didn't stretch anything, that's literally what you are implying how long explosion is.

You were saying the explosion is Building level, that's literally the form it would have if that were the case.

The initial point was that the explosion that pushed and make 5% Deku cough wasn't even close to High 8-C.

And that point is right, because the explosion itself is smaller than the buildings, it's impossible for it to be Building level.

The initial point was that the explosion that pushed and make 5% cough wasn't even close to High 8-C.

And that point is right, because the explosion itself is smaller than the buildings, it's impossible for it to be Building level.
No, it is not right. I've already explained why it's not even possible to measure the explosion. Height isn't a factor here, your PSI claim was basically baseless, and your pixel scaling is wrong. At this point, you're just repeating yourself.

No, it is not right. I've already explained why it's not even possible to measure the explosion. Height isn't a factor here, your PSI claim was basically baseless, and your pixel scaling is wrong. At this point, you're just repeating yourself.
The highest possible that Explosion could be, based off the buildings around them, would be around 4 stories tall. What diameter would be required for it to building level, and then what diameter would be required for it to be large building level.

Height isn't a factor here
Yes it is, otherwise your headcanon explosion would be a tube dozens of meters long and just 10 meters in height.

The highest possible that Explosion could be, based off the buildings around them, would be around 4 stories tall. What diameter would be required for it to building level, and then what diameter would be required for it to be large building level.
The problem with that is, you're mixing up diameter with height. The diameter would go across while the height reaches from top to bottom. We don't even see how big the explosion is anyway.

The problem with that is, you're mixing up diameter with height. The diameter would go across while the height reaches from top to bottom. We don't even see how big the explosion is anyway.
no, the height of the explosion is reaching about 4 stories. What diameter would be required in that instance for the explosion to be building level.

Yes it is, otherwise your headcanon explosion would be a tube dozens of meters long and just 10 meters in height.
Explain to me where height plays a factor in this equation:

W = R^3*((27136*P+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2
W is yield in Tons of TNT, R is the radius in meters, and P is the pressure of the shockwave in bars, the standard overpressure is 20 psi or 1.37895 bars.

Back