• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The equation use the radius of the explosion, and you are trying to use its length, that's why the height of the explosion matters.

The equation use the radius of the explosion, and you are trying to use its length, that's the height of the explosion matters.
I only mentioned diameter because that's how you get the radius. You divide the diameter. Even then, you don't use a height for the equation. You use radius, and you basically just admitted that.

I didn't admit anything, the height of the explosion must be similar to its length or otherwise you get an explosion with the shape of a tube.

You headcanon explosion can't even exist, the small height doesn't allow it.

I didn't admit anything, the height of the explosion must be similar to its length or otherwise you get an explosion with the shape of a tube.

You headcanon explosion can't even exist, its height doesn't allow it.
Where did you get this? This would literally invalidate most of Bakugo's explosions and tons more.

Bakugo's explosions are all consistent in shape, except this one which I rejected for the same reasons I told you.

Bakugo's explosions are all consistent in shape, except this one which I rejected for the same reasons I told you.
I'm still wondering where you got this from, really. Because there are other explosions that have a height that isn't proportionate to its diameter, which got accepted. To name one.

The grenade bracer calculation wasn't accepted because of the temperature of nitroglycerin not lasting long enough to use temperature change.

That explosion's height is at least half of its length, notice how TheRustyOne started to measure when the explosion was more uniform.

Your hypothetical Large Building level explosion smaller than a building, would need to be several times longer than its height.

The grenade bracer calculation wasn't accepted because of the temperature of nitroglycerin not lasting long enough to use temperature change.
I am pretty sure TheRustyOne rejected that method himself, he was using the whole length of the explosion alongside the standard method.

Wasn't it already agreed that if Dabi is 7-C, Geten wouldn't scale because Dabi wasn't using Flashfire against him.

Dabi's body overheats from any type of flame he uses, just making that wall of flame to surround Endeavor after the Hood fight had his skin peeling afterward. Just because he's overheating doesn't mean he's going all out, especially since he was overheating against Hawks as well.

8-A normally, 7-C with Flashfire.

Wasn't it already agreed that if Dabi is 7-C, Geten wouldn't scale because Dabi wasn't using Flashfire against him.

Dabi's body overheats from any type of flame he uses, just making that wall of flame to surround Endeavor after the Hood fight had his skin peeling afterward. Just because he's overheating doesn't mean he's going all out, especially since he was overheating against Hawks as well.

8-A normally, 7-C with Flashfire.
Was he using Flashfire during that scuffle with Endeavor in Heroes Rising?

I'm assumed we were going to ignore that since Endeavor's been 7-C since October and Dabi was never even mentioned in the upgrade thread.

Wouldn't that cause problems though?

Aren't the clones of Twice supposedly way weaker then the actual real thing?
No they aren't, Twice himself says on two separate occasions that the only difference between his clones and the original is durability. He was under a Quirk that forced him to tell the truth during the first explanation, and he has no reason to lie for the second explanation.

So no, Twice clones do not have less AP then the original.

I'm assumed we were going to ignore that since Endeavor's been 7-C since October and Dabi was never even mentioned in the upgrade thread.

Wouldn't that cause problems though?
I mean, it could’ve just slipped people’s minds. And I don’t really see why it would cause problems, unless there was something specific you were thinking of.

Also could someone post Endeavor’s clash with AFO in the manga?

7-C Hawks, Geten, Re-Destro, and Mount Lady I believe.

Here and Here (These pages are right after each other), he also clashes with Shigaraki's Air Cannon right here as well.

Last edited:
7-C Hawks, Geten, Re-Destro, and Mount Lady I believe.

Here and Here (These pages are right after each other), he also clashes with Shigaraki's Air Cannon right here as well.
I’m not far enough in the manga to really know why that would be problematic, apart from Mount Lady ig.

With AFO, it doesn’t really look like a clash at all. It just looks like AFO dissipating Endeavor’s flames.

They fight more off screen, which the anime shows in better detail. But the chapter is 93, if you wanna look for yourself.

AFO charged that attack for All Might, and shot it towards Endeavor. An 8-A attack would've been erased by AFO's Air Cannon and Endeavor would've been killed. The fact that his Air Cannon stopped after meeting Endeavor's attack implies he cancelled it out, our it would've kept going and hit Endeavor.

Unless your going to say AFO in that split second lowered his power output by over a dozen in that instant. That also means for some reason AFO was okay with firing a 7-C size attack against Best Jeanist and the others in the warehouse, yet not against Endeavor for whatever reason, even when he had it charged up.

I edited my links, does it work now?

Last edited:
I’m not far enough in the manga to really know why that would be problematic, apart from Mount Lady ig.
Mount Lady being 7-C should fine, Hawks is the actual problem I believe.

He's stated to be weak and helpless against Power Types yet he's 7-C? His feathers could barely stab Hood and that's a blade right there. And he failed to one shot multiple White Nomu that Hood ejected, which are the weakest class of Nomu. His dura can be whatever, but his AP being 7-C is clearly not okay.

Mount Lady got one shotted by a 7-C attack.
Oh right, she wasn't even fully hit and was knocked out for awhile. Yeah that's a another problem, since Machia would be 7-C during that charge. Since even without an order he was a threat to Re-Destro, who's stronger than Geten, who would be 7-C.

That'd also put Unbreakable Kirishima at 7-C dura as well.

Should Dabi's combat speed be upgraded to Hypersonic for keeping up with current Shoto and hitting Nejire with a fire attack? Base Deku would scale from this as well.
Nope maybe his attack speed should get upgraded off Nejire being incapable of dodging and barely reacting to it but that was a surprise attack so I don’t think that counts

Well Dabi does have more inherent firepower potential than Endeavor. Endeavor said so twice iirc.
That’s true but it’s best non the less to only consider flashfire Dabi 7-C or the scaling kinda breaks
Like with Mount Lady as others have pointed out
Dabi’s non flash fire attacks are consistently in the 8-A range from his feats vs Hawks and Geten

So it just makes that random 7-C feat from Dabi inconsistent

Unless somebody after the current CRT is done is willing to type a pseudo essay on why it fits into the scaling and which interpretation of the Feat is right.Sounds like another Shiggy Situation to me.

What would the justification be for 7-C flashfire Dabi?
Mainly that he’s constantly stated to be superior to endeavor and have more potential in fire power.

Likely interpreting it as referring to Flashfire is likely best
He’s also capable of prominence burn which is basically endeavors ultimate attack that’s immensely more powerful than his normal attacks same should apply to Dabi

I think "8-A with Cremation, 7-C with Flashfire Fist" should be fine for Dabi.

As for Todoroki, "8-A with Half-Cold and Half-Hot, 7-C with Flashfreeze and Flashfire Fist" should work as well.

He didn't really blow away part of a city, he blew away already destroy rubble, windows, and buildings that were already destroyed.

That seems pretty insignificant though. A quick check gives me 1000 Tons or 1 Kiloton, Baseline Low 7-C. However Izuku did this by performing three rapid 100% punches, which means the actual results is 365 Tons or 8-A. Basically the feat is worthless.

He didn't really blow away part of a city, he blew away already destroy rubble, windows, and buildings that were already destroyed.

That seems pretty insignificant though. A quick check gives me 1000 Tons or 1 Kiloton, Baseline Low 7-C. However Izuku did this by performing three rapid 100% punches, which means the actual results is 365 Tons or 8-A. Basically the feat is worthless.
Yeah, it'd be pointless.

Just reminding everyone that the villains are going to need these upgrades too regarding class A,
as Toga has harmed Eraserhead who's high 8-C, and was shown as comparable to Uraraka.
Spinner kept up with Mandalay who should at least be comparable to trained class 1-A students(High 8-C)
Twice kept up with Todoroki(High 8-C)
Shigaraki should at least be (High 8-C+) in his awakened form upscaling from USJ form.
Redestro 1% should be High 8-C+ for scaling to shigaraki.
EDIT: Forgot about compress because everyone forgets about compres
Compress gets High 8-C dura from getting slammed down by Shouji

Last edited:
as Toga has harmed Eraserhead who's high 8-C, and was shown as comparable to Uraraka.

She stabbed him with a knife. I'm not so sure she'd be capable of that much damage without a weapon.

Twice kept up with Todoroki(High 8-C)

I question this being a viable choice for his scaling. It's not like he harmed Todoroki. He only sliced through some ice which is far below High 8-C.

Shigaraki should at least be (High 8-C+) in his awakened form upscaling from USJ form.

Why?

Back