• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It used to be 7-B or 7-A, but it got downgraded to High 7-C
Actually Therefir's old version of the cube calc should still be correct, as it doesn't use the tower at all (But the cubes that are in front of the bigger cube). So Low 7-B+.

The Wolfram thing they destroyed would yield nothing. Since the fragmentation of the entire tower would only be High 7-C. Even assuming the building wasn't hollow and fully solid, and including the other smaller towers nearby. It only gives me baseline Low 7-B results.

High-balling to hell the Wolfram tower thing, and it's giving me Low 7-C+ results.

Actually Therefir's old version of the cube calc should still be correct, as it doesn't use the tower at all (But the cubes that are in front of the bigger cube). So Low 7-B+.

The Wolfram thing they destroyed would yield nothing. Since the fragmentation of the entire tower would only be High 7-C. Even assuming the building wasn't hollow and fully solid, and including the other smaller towers nearby. It only gives me baseline Low 7-B results.

High-balling to hell the Wolfram tower thing, and it's giving me Low 7-C+ results.
Damn

I’m looking for feats until we get that Nagant CRT

The reason I think nobody ever mentions Deku's electricity is probably because the people in My Hero are used to seeing crazy stuff like mutants and flashy Quirks.

Someone who glows a little bit with electricity is nothing remarkable to them.
Yea there are ppl with literal spray bottles for heads, a pink girl with horns in his class, and a literal mouse as the principal. I think Deku glowing would be the last surprising thing in the verse

At the least it isn't real enough to be anything, just visual effect with no powers to it? I actually agree with that. However Izuku's damn thing has made sounds for years, I don't get why people are acting like it's a new thing. Sound effect means nothing, manga have always given sound effects for things that don't actually happen. Unless you can provide a statement that proves all sound effects come from reality?

My argument against it has nothing to do with people being shocked by him glowing. It's logic, and how people have stated things that contracted him having a visual showing of OFA. Being shocked of him losing a contest of strength and him needing to explain he wasn't using OFA.

All Might himself not glowing despite using OFA in the exact same way. Monoma's usage having a glow effect on his skin, but is believed to be lying by Izuku and Ochaco at first. So I assume everyone just believes Monoma can make his skin glow? Or let me guess, the glowing skin isn't visible but the lightning is?

Until there is actual statements from either the characters or Horikoshi himself. I can't believe Izuku turns into a Christmas light every time he uses OFA. Because nothing any of you have said have provided any proof, just mere speculation.

I find it funny how if anyone knew about the things I come up with in my head, you'd be surprise that I think about Izuku uses his glowing light in minor but useful ways. Such as seeing better in a dark environment, or accidently intimidating people with his sudden electricity out of nowhere.

Not against it being real whatsoever, I'm just stating facts and nothing says his energy is real. And in fact some statements make zero sense assuming it is real. Though if Horikoshi does admit to it being a real thing, or someone mentions it in universe. I have no problem just handwaving those things away, because they are minor moments.

No one has ever actually stated he has no visual indicator, or something like how it's impossible to tell if his Quirk is activated.

But unless someone brings in 100% proof, I don't see myself being convinced no matter what

This is without a doubt the most pointless debate we've ever had. I think we all agree that it's just an effect, even if it is real, it doesn't do anything

At the least it isn't real enough to be anything, just visual effect with no powers to it? I actually agree with that. However Izuku's damn thing has made sounds for years, I don't get why people are acting like it's a new thing. Sound effect means nothing, manga have always given sound effects for things that don't actually happen. Unless you can provide a statement that proves all sound effects come from reality?
Why are you asking us to provide proof that the sound effects come from reality? What do your sound effects exist for...?

That's right, to showcase sound. To mimic it. So actually, you're the one who has to provide proof that suggests that the sound effects exist due to other reasons. The burden of proof is on you, fulfill it. I could also use the fact that since Deku's lightning/electricity creates luminescence, it's real. Because it's literally interacting with the real world. It's just common sense that this would mean it actually exists.

No matter how you view it, your argument gets shot down at every angle, even if I were to steelman you.

Last edited:
So Deku is going to fight Shigiraki
Todoroki will fight Dabi
Uraraka will fight Toga
Bakugo has no one
for real though, i can see the double one for all happening in the manga, like in heroes rising , so we can have deku+bakugo vs shigaraki , because otherwise i do not know what hell bakugo is gonna do

So like I know it only happens in that little mini series with the other heroes (forgot what’s it called)….but why the **** hasnt Deku found Mirko yet for training

It's treated as canon though nothing of note really happens in that series. It can't be used for scaling since it's mostly slice of life like the novels.

Back