• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Because that was the conclusion of the last CRT.

There's no point in rushing anything. Waiting for the fight to be over can give us more information on her strengths and limitations so we don't have to keep updating her profile with a new CRT after every new chapter of the fight.
Isn't there even a new rule being introduced about CRTs? Something about letting a story arc (or maybe a fight in this case) to end before a CRT about it is allowed.

No it's not... this should be her giant's form power and I've given an entire example of why it scales to her. Address my argument, simply disregarding it doesn't make it invalid. The jets shot all the lasers, which for starters doesn't even have physical power. She then makes it a physical object and uses it to attack Tomura. The reason this scales to her is because she is the one applying force onto Tomura. I don't see what's hard to understand. It's that simple
So her making herself able to hold lasers makes the lasers lose their main source of damage; their heat?

The lasers are doing the damage, she’s just controlling the laser. But she didn’t create the laser. It’s a combination attack. Toru doesn’t scale to Naval Laser’s full AP since she can reflect and control Naval Laser’s direction.

We even see her punch Shigaraki with her stand and it does a lot less damage than that combined laser attack she didn’t create.

The laser attacks obviously does way more damage than blunt force.
It is compared to Prominence Burn.

Shigaraki is obviously way more susceptible to heat attacks than plain old blunt force attacks like punches. Even 100% Deku was doing way less damage than Prominence Burn and it is the same here with Star, her blunt force attacks have way less effect than the jet attacks even last chapter which managed to pierce/burn through Shigaraki's stomach.

Also the laser spear is a combination attack.

MHA already have several combination attacks and I highly doubt anyone else is scaled solely to those attacks. Tsuyu and Ochako have a combination attack and so do Aoyama and Hagakure. It is the same with Star and the fighter jets. We can't treat it is her power solely.

So Star's name thing, seems to works on what a person identifies themselves as. However I'm wait for the official translation before making speculation, since I feel like wording here is going to be important. But it seems she has an easier time with non living things vs living things. Likely because of that name thing.

Watch the Hypersonic missiles have a stated power of like 1 MT and it basically almost kills Shigaraki if they hit or would've kill him had they hit him.

I wasn’t under the impression the lasers burned, as the summary said it was pushing/holding him down. Nothing about burning
Well, the lasers are still, y’know, made of weird light despite being solid. So they do both burning and pushing. It’s a joint attack. It’s like if you solidified fire and stabbed someone with it, they would still get burned.

Well, the lasers are still, y’know, made of weird light despite being solid. So they do both burning and pushing. It’s a joint attack. It’s like if you solidified fire and stabbed someone with it, they would still get burned.
Yeah, i just assumed that wasn’t the case because the summary didn’t specify. They didn’t know either as they never used that arguing until the translations came out. Kinda petty imo

Like bro its cool that the lasers were burning him but that doesn’t mean hit me with 2 essays about it when neither of us knew about it pre translations

I wasn’t under the impression the lasers burned, as the summary said it was pushing/holding him down. Nothing about burning
That's the solidified laser spear. I think it is a completely different form considering SS has changed the shape of the light to be "holdable" making it a physical object instead of just light.

The lasers themselves had a burning effect last chapter when they pierced Shigaraki's stomach. Well maybe not burning but whatever effect lasers in real life have when they pierce through stuff.

Ive seen someone use cube law whatever its called to find its volume, then divided by the density of a human(?) then multiplied by the density of whatever object it was. I’ll use that ig

I wouldn't worry about the "New Hypersonic" missle stuff unless it's extremely consistent, it's something that happens in most fictional stories where a dissonance is created between what the Author thinks the power levels are and what the feats and calcs are.
Nah Im not feeling that tbh.

Is their Work so it's not what the author Thinks the power levels are. It's what they are actually.

If it turns that the speed scale on the wiki Is completely different to what WOG wants. Then we should act appropriately and change tiers.

But granted not everyone will agree with me since apparently, the Authors intent doesn't matter too much unless it's an upgrade.

It’s a highball because I don’t think Horikoshi considers /base Deku with no quirk/ to be hypersonic or even supersonic.
That doesn't make it a highball at all. We have no idea what he considers them to be. I've even listed why this feat is a major LOWBALL and in reality is much superior than what we have listed.

We have a general idea of what Horikoshi considers the character‘s speeds to be with his story beats. For instance, Mirio, who’s superior to 8%, can’t catch bullets nor react to them. But hey, I guess the fan calcs have more authority over the author ig so never mind.

Nah Im not feeling that tbh.

Is their Work so it's not what the author Thinks the power levels are. It's what they are actually.

If it turns that the speed scale on the wiki Is completely different to what WOG wants. Then we should act appropriately and change tiers.

But granted not everyone will agree with me since apparently, the Authors intent doesn't matter too much unless it's an upgrade.
we don't accept WOG on the wiki unless said WOG is consistent. Death of the Author is a thing.

otherwise, we would have solar system level Jujutsu Kaisen, non-universal dragon ball super, subsonic One Piece and Naruto, the reason for this is because trying to appeal to authorial intent never works because most authors are not writing fights with the intent of battle boarding they write what they think is cool or works for the narrative and are willing to flip flop if need be.

It's okay to use the author in the context where it's consistent with the actual work or if there's no context whatsoever other than the author's word.

Back