• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The jets were able to tank that explosion? Not even the glass was cracked…
Yeah, the jets are definitely S tier in the verse.

Speed: they dodged both of Shigaraki's attacks. The first radio waves attack and the laser reflection.

Power: they can fire lasers potent enough to pierce through Shigaraki's defence.

Defence: can withstand Shigaraki crashing into them. Can withstand both Shigaraki and Star landing or leaping away from them at high speeds. Have an energy force field around them.
And the one Shigaraki was on tanked Shiggy's explosion last chapter. While the explosion didn't hurt Star either, it did leave some scruff marks and dispersed a considerable amount of clouds.

We have a general idea of what Horikoshi considers the character‘s speeds to be with his story beats. For instance, Mirio, who’s superior to 8%, can’t catch bullets nor react to them. But hey, I guess the fan calcs have more authority over the author ig so never mind.
You mean a drunked mirio activating his permeation fast enough to allow a bullet to go through him? Him being hit by the quirk erasing bullet is a narrative thing as he deflecting it is impossible, he would lose his quirk.
He had enough time to flow through the ground, sit there, smile at Eri then get hit. He could have easily pushed her upwards as he done beforehand. There's several feats that allow him to scale above this level of speed. I fail to understand why you keep bringing this up.

we don't accept WOG on the wiki unless said WOG is consistent. Death of the Author is a thing.

otherwise, we would have solar system level Jujutsu Kaisen, non-universal dragon ball super, subsonic One Piece and Naruto, the reason for this is because trying to appeal to authorial intent never works because most authors are not writing fights with the intent of battle boarding they write what they think is cool or works for the narrative and are willing to flip flop if need be.

It's okay to use the author in the context where it's consistent with the actual work or if there's no context whatsoever other than the author's word.
There's a difference in-narrative powerscaling and a bunch of calcs to powerscale. Arguing DOA doesn't work when the only thing being contradicted is your calcs. That's weak argumentation

If Mirio could percieve the bullet at the same speed as, say, a regular person perceiving a softball thrown at them by another person, then smacking the bullet away instead of just literally sitting there waiting for it to hit would’ve been better. He didn’t even try tho. Is Mirio a lobotomite?

Hell, ”hypersonic 5% Deku” couldn’t do the same thing in Two Heroes with arm armour strong enough to handle 100% power, so it’s consistent.

Mirio didn’t go through the ground; he permeated his foot into the ground and then launched towards Eri. That’s how he moves around.

You mean a drunked mirio activating his permeation fast enough to allow a bullet to go through him? Him being hit by the quirk erasing bullet is a narrative thing as he deflecting it is impossible, he would lose his quirk.
He had enough time to flow through the ground, sit there, smile at Eri then get hit. He could have easily pushed her upwards as he done beforehand. There's several feats that allow him to scale above this level of speed. I fail to understand why you keep bringing this up.
I think the point is that no matter how much you try to push up Mirio's speed from that scene it is clear he was doing his best. Even taking into account the previous fight or drunkenness or whatever it still shows his speed is only relatively close to that bullet. If he was countless of times faster as some people say, even if he was nerfed, the bullet would be like a snail to him which obviously it wasn't.

And no Mirio did not want to get hit and lose his quirk. That's an even more ridiculous assumption. If he could have taken any other action in that scenario he would have but he clearly wasn't fast enough.

There's a difference in-narrative powerscaling and a bunch of calcs to powerscale. Arguing DOA doesn't work when the only thing being contradicted is your calcs. That's weak argumentation
calcs are created using the work; they don't exist in a vacuum. when most authors have a building destroyed they don't have things like fragmentation,violent fragmentation, pulverization etc in mind, however, those things can greatly affect what the ceiling of power is in a story and who scales beyond what the author might have intended.

And no Mirio did not want to get hit and lose his quirk. That's an even more ridiculous assumption. If he could have taken any other action in that scenario he would have but he clearly wasn't fast enough.
He had plenty of time to move eri out of the way, he has even been shown to do this. It's not an assumption, he could literally do it. Just argue bullet> other bullets speed EZ

Question: Is it possible to blitz someone (say, fast enough for them to see you coming, just not fast enough to move out of the way or PHYSICALLY react) while NOT being FTE?

He had plenty of time to move eri out of the way, he has even been shown to do this. It's not an assumption, he could literally do it. Just argue bullet> other bullets speed EZ
When was Mirio shown pushing someone or himself out of the way of a bullet after it was fired?

Mirio’s entire thing is prediction so him dodging an attack or permeating through one isn’t true proof that he outsped it, since, y’know, /prediction/.

calcs are created using the work they don't exist in a vacuum. when most authors have a building destroyed they don't have things like fragmentation,violent fragmentation, pulverization etc in mind, however, those things can greatly affect what the ceiling of power is in a story and who scales beyond what the author might have intended.
I don't see what this addresses. You yourself even say the calc may go against the author's intentions, which in return is the lore itself. So if a calc goes against the very story then it shouldnt be used

When was Mirio shown pushing someone or himself out of the way of a bullet after it was fired?

Mirio’s entire thing is prediction so him dodging an attack or permeating through one isn’t true proof that he outsped it, since, y’know, /prediction/.
I never said he did, but he could. When the villain shot his gun at mirio while its traveling towards him he slips through the wall. Boom.

I never said he did, but he could. When the villain shot his gun at mirio while its traveling towards him he slips through the wall. Boom.
How could he? His feats never suggest he could. He literally got hit by a bullet. That’s canon.

Show the manga scan for that please. Anime contradicts it.

Question: Is it possible to blitz someone (say, fast enough for them to see you coming, just not fast enough to move out of the way or PHYSICALLY react) while NOT being FTE?
If the answer is yes then I think I can prove that Iida isn’t FTE with his First Recipro Burst.

But I’m pretty sure that makes me a heretic of MHA powerscaling.

otherwise, we would have solar system level Jujutsu Kaisen, non-universal dragon ball super, subsonic One Piece and Naruto, the reason for this is because trying to appeal to authorial intent never works because most authors are not writing fights with the intent of battle boarding they write what they think is cool or works for the narrative and are willing to flip flop if need be.
I have to ask how would we have those? JJK doesn’t have anything solar system level. It’s from the story that Beerus, Goku etc are universal. OP has characters intercept light or react to bullets and Naruto has several lighting speed statements.

If the answer is yes then I think I can prove that Iida isn’t FTE with his First Recipro Burst.

But I’m pretty sure that makes me a heretic of MHA powerscaling.
Well, the answer is yes. A character's perception can be faster than the reactions or movement.

Deku even questioned what happened during the scene as if he doesn't know and the zoom in on his eyes would also imply he couldn't see anything. Not sure how u can argue this isnt FTE

That is entirely possible but Iida’s Recipro is stated to be too fast for the naked eye by PM
“A character CAN be upgraded by word of mouth alone. You just have to double check to see by how much, as well as:

• If the source of the statement is reliable?
  • If the statement conflicts with the story or feats of the character? < - !
  • If the statement is only valid in the context of its setting, or if it holds up in comparison with other settings?”

“A character CAN be upgraded by word of mouth alone. You just have to double check to see by how much, as well as:

• If the source of the statement is reliable?
  • If the statement conflicts with the story or feats of the character? < - !
  • If the statement is only valid in the context of its setting, or if it holds up in comparison with other settings?”
That doesn’t really affect Iida since we have characters on panel asking “What happened!?” and Deku going “huh?” It isn’t as though many characters properly react to Recipro Iida

I have to ask how would we have those? JJK doesn’t have anything solar system level.
Gege said that black Flash is the power of the jujutsu sorceror to the power of 2.5, large town level/mountain level to the power of 2.5 is solar system level I think.
It’s from the story that Beerus, Goku etc are universal.
Idk, maybe when characters do fullpower attacks that have less AOE then their AP suggests
OP has characters intercept light or react to bullets and Naruto has several lighting speed statements.
Probably travel speed contradictions.

Before Recipro, Deku’s arm is by his side/downward. Then Iida begins Recipro. When his headband is taken, his hand is up and pointing to the side to guide his team out of the way, but Recipro was just waaaaay too fast, but not fast enough to be truly FTE as Deku is shown pointing for them to dodge it.

The anime timeframe reinforces this statement.

Present Mic is just an exaggerator. It’s his role as a commentator.

Gege said that black Flash is the power of the jujutsu sorceror to the power of 2.5, large town level/mountain level to the power of 2.5 is solar system level I think.

Idk, maybe when characters do fullpower attacks that have less AOE then their AP suggests

Probably travel speed contradictions.
There isn’t anyone in universe who’s Mountain level without calcs afaik.

Its literally stated in universe that Beerus can destroy a universe and even SSG Goku scales to that somewhat since he almost destroyed the universe with him.

That’s fine since most characters don’t move as fast as they can react anyway

This is so wrong
Black flash 2.5times the power of their basic attack
And large town times 2.5 can still be large town, and even raised to power 2.5 can still be large town

Before Recipro, Deku’s arm is by his side/downward. Then Iida begins Recipro. When his headband is taken, his hand is up and pointing to the side to guide his team out of the way, but Recipro was just waaaaay too fast, but not fast enough to be truly FTE as Deku is shown pointing for them to dodge it.

How does that prove he reacted and that he didn’t just move his hand before recipro began when Iida and Shoto are yelling? If he could move his hand, why isn’t his head also moved? How does that prove he perceived it at all?

Also, what about Hatsume, Ochako and Tokoyami? They haven’t moved at all. So it’s still FTE to them and Deku

I have to ask how would we have those? JJK doesn’t have anything solar system level. It’s from the story that Beerus, Goku etc are universal. OP has characters intercept light or react to bullets and Naruto has several lighting speed statements.
"Even though it is stated several times that the Black Flash multiplies the attack by ^2.5, this is not consistent with the verse as several attacks would be Solar System Level."

The Head writer of DBS stated that he only believed Goku could destroy the universe if he was a god of destruction.

Flintlocks are a viable weapon in One Piece.

Naruto characters still get hit by sound-based attacks.

"Even though it is stated several times that the Black Flash multiplies the attack by ^2.5, this is not consistent with the verse as several attacks would be Solar System Level."
And large town level times 2.5 is not solar system level
Fair
Well in part one only the fodder or kids
None of the God tiers, mid tiers or high tiers

The Head writer of DBS stated that he only believed Goku could destroy the universe if he was a god of destruction.

That only becomes true through our calcs.

Ok that’s weird.

Not really viable against any one of note. That’s like saying Superman is subsonic cause people shoot at him.

People like Itachi? Lmao Nevermind

Iida yells out "grab it todoroki" and knowing deku, he would assume an attack is coming. He signaled his team to dodge but according to you, this was done WHILE iida is moving. We don't see that at all. Deku questions what happens as the attack was too fast for him to see. The anime shows this, present mic states this. This refutes nothing.

Back