• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

That only becomes true through our calcs.
which uses the work as a basis.
Ok that’s weird.
Yes
Not really viable against any one of note. That’s like saying Superman is subsonic cause people shoot at him.
in the early parts of One Piece absolutely, this is despite the fact that early OP isn't subsonic.
People like Itachi?
Yes

How does that prove he reacted and that he didn’t just move his hand before recipro began when Iida and Shoto are yelling? If he could move his hand, why isn’t his head also moved? How does that prove he perceived it at all?

Also, what about Hatsume, Ochako and Tokoyami? They haven’t moved at all. So it’s still FTE to them and Deku
Not FTE, just faster than they can physically react. There’s a word for this. “Stunned”.

The anime supports my version.

Show me Deku moving his hand before Recipro.

Iida yells out "grab it todoroki" and knowing deku, he would assume an attack is coming. He signaled his team to dodge but according to you, this was done WHILE iida is moving. We don't see that at all. Deku questions what happens as the attack was too fast for him to see. The anime shows this, present mic states this. This refutes nothing.
The anime shows DEKU moving after Recipro begins.

What? NOW are we refusing anime timeframes for supporting evidence??

This is so wrong
Black flash 2.5times the power of their basic attack
And large town times 2.5 can still be large town, and even raised to power 2.5 can still be large town
I'm just explaining where he got the solar system idea from, never said it was correct

The anime shows DEKU moving after Recipro begins.

What? NOW are we refusing anime timeframes for supporting evidence??
Yea I AM, because it makes no sense in this scene where iida is presented to have this super fast speedy mode, and its stated he was FTE. Even if I steel man you and assume Deku could react, this refutes nothing as its still stated FTE and deku has shown capable of perceiving people others couldnt soo

"Even though it is stated several times that the Black Flash multiplies the attack by ^2.5, this is not consistent with the verse as several attacks would be Solar System Level."

The Head writer of DBS stated that he only believed Goku could destroy the universe if he was a god of destruction.

Flintlocks are a viable weapon in One Piece.

Naruto characters still get hit by sound-based attacks.
Just to make thing clear, gege said that black flash elevates the power to 2.5 on top of a random cursed energy power level system even mentioning things like kaio ken and power levels , it is not 2.5 on top of tons or joules , but on "cursed energy power level" , the onlybthing we know for a fact is that black flash is above a 2.5 multiplier because the very reason gege chose exponential over multiplier is because the increase would be higher ( personally i think tha black flash increase is 3 times but i digress )

Last edited:
Yea I AM, because it makes no sense in this scene where iida is presented to have this super fast speedy mode, and its stated he was FTE. Even if I steel man you and assume Deku could react, this refutes nothing as its still stated FTE and deku has shown capable of perceiving people others couldnt soo
Exaggerated to be fte* and statements are disregarded if the story SHOWS otherwise.

Deku in the anime timeframe was shown to not only see Iida coming but move his arm WHILE Iida was Recipro approaching. But I guess “anime timeframes for me, not for thee” is being used against me just because I’m “downplaying” a feat.

Exaggerated to be fte* and statements are disregarded if the story SHOWS otherwise.

Deku in the anime timeframe was shown to not only see Iida coming but move his arm WHILE Iida was Recipro approaching. But I guess “anime timeframes for me, not for thee” is being used against me just because I’m “downplaying” a feat.
Prove he exaggerated the statement, the anime goes agaisnt the manga so it wont be used. Lol.

Prove he exaggerated the statement, the anime goes agaisnt the manga so it wont be used. Lol.
It’s exaggerated because the characters could react to it, Deku moves his arm during it, and the anime doesn’t contradict the manga here.

Again, “anime timeframes for me but not for thee”. What a convenient rule. Anime timeframes that inflate stats are allowed but any that debunk them are not.

It’s exaggerated because the characters could react to it, Deku moves his arm during it, and the anime doesn’t contradict the manga here.

Again, “anime timeframes for me but not for thee”. What a convenient rule. Anime timeframes that inflate stats are allowed but any that debunk them are not.
You claim that this scene was used for his stats? We don’t even use this, lmao.
No one was shown reacting to it, they wasn’t rven aware of what happened. You can’t prove his arm moved during it as if that was the case, while Iida was traveling it wouldn’t appear motionless which is in the manga and anime. You didn’t prove it was exaggerated either.

Oh, right, we scale off an even more absurd outlier feat. Right.

The fact that athletic human Deku can move during Recipro and isn’t being FTE’d makes the Stain calc an outlier even more so than it already is. Todoroki being able to dodge Recipro yet can’t dodge Stain who got blitzed by Recipro so horribly still makes 0 sense.

But, again, “anime timeframes for me but not for thee”. If it highballs it’s allowed but if it heaven forbid downplays a feat then it’s struck from all records and never spoken of.

the frog song uses sound and wacked the six paths of pain, both itachi and Sasuke were caught in Tayuya's sound based Genjutsu.
Lol talking and hearing is a free action in fiction tho?
It's not a direct attack the attacks used their hearing, unless they have no ear they would have been caught in it, I can't remember Itachi and sasuke fighting Tayuya in the manga, but I will assume they heard her flute play, so yes it was not an attack moving at sound speed but someone talking and singing, so yes it is a free action and they have ears and obviously they will hear it.

Last edited:

Both the manga and anime show Deku pointing during Recipro. What is shown contradicts what is stated.

This doesn’t even show what you’re trying to prove, huh? It shows Iida beginning to move with Recipro, Deku moving his hand to react to something he doesn’t know, then getting blitzed without even seeing or being able to follow Iida with his eyes.

You’re trying to prove that he reacted to Recipro moving towards and past him, he only moved because he thought they were trying something. That’s not a reaction feat, he doesn’t even know what’s happening yet.

This doesn’t even show what you’re trying to prove, huh? It shows Iida beginning to move with Recipro, Deku moving his hand to react to something he doesn’t know, then getting blitzed without even seeing or being able to follow Iida with his eyes.

You’re trying to prove that he reacted to Recipro moving towards and past him, he only moved because he thought they were trying something. That’s not a reaction feat, he doesn’t even know what’s happening yet.
???
You’re Straight up lying about the scene itself but ok.

Recipro begins as soon as Iida and his team begins moving, unless you can point out the exact specific frame where Recipro ”””really””” begins?

Iida begins Recipro, goes fast, then Deku moves his arm, then Todoroki grabs his headband.

I'm just explaining where he got the solar system idea from, never said it was correct
Well it's wrong and it's simple math, large town level raised to power 2.5 is still nothing close to mountain level, but the correct thing is times 2.5 not even raised to power

Are the “quirk introductions“ canonically voiced by Mic in the manga or is it just implied? He voices almost all of them in the anime.

???
You’re Straight up lying about the scene itself but ok.

Recipro begins as soon as Iida and his team begins moving, unless you can point out the exact specific frame where Recipro ”””really””” begins?

Iida begins Recipro, goes fast, then Deku moves his arm, then Todoroki grabs his headband.
He literally sees the flames start bursting out of his legs and reacts. Unless you can prove the anime timeframe is 100% in order?

I’m saying that he saw the flames burst from Iida’s legs, began to react, then got blitzed. That lines up perfectly well with what is established by the recipro.

Also; you still haven’t discussed Hatsume or Tokoyami, who also got blitzed. This isn’t a Deku specific instance. Iida even blitzed Shiozaki in the 1v1’s.

You attempting to claim this feat isn’t FTE because 1 of 4 characters possibly reacted to the start up of the move before also getting blitzed is ridiculous.

He literally sees the flames start bursting out of his legs and reacts. Unless you can prove the anime timeframe is 100% in order?

I’m saying that he saw the flames burst from Iida’s legs, began to react, then got blitzed. That lines up perfectly well with what is established by the recipro.

Also; you still haven’t discussed Hatsume or Tokoyami, who also got blitzed. This isn’t a Deku specific instance. Iida even blitzed Shiozaki in the 1v1’s.

You attempting to claim this feat isn’t FTE because 1 of 4 characters possibly reacted to the start up of the move before also getting blitzed is ridiculous.
Then someone from hundreds meters away was blitz as well

“Prove that the anime timeframe is 100% in order”

??????????????
The proof relies on you to say it isn’t. Lol.

What you’re saying is wrong tho, since what we saw was Iida beginning Recipro, then moving super fast, Deku then points, then Todoroki grabs the headband. There’s a certain thing called being “stunned” and that’s what both the manga and anime shown. They were stunned by the speed but they weren’t FTE’d.

But, by all means, let’s ignore the canon and just make up what “really” happened to inflate the powerscale I guess.

They got blitzed? Yes. They weren’t FTE’d tho. Tokoyami’s eyes are even widened.

I just noticed that we never see Iida vs Ibara in the manga. Huh.

In the anime tho, he still doesn’t FTE her. Just moves faster than she can move too, same as the first time. If he truly FTE’d her then she would’ve been out of the ring before she could even realise what happened, yet the entire time he’s pushing her she’s screaming internally. She also retracts her tentacle hair before he grabs her but after he’s behind her.

“Prove that the anime timeframe is 100% in order”

??????????????
The proof relies on you to say it isn’t. Lol.

What you’re saying is wrong tho, since what we saw was Iida beginning Recipro, then moving super fast, Deku then points, then Todoroki grabs the headband. There’s a certain thing called being “stunned” and that’s what both the manga and anime shown. They were stunned by the speed but they weren’t FTE’d.

But, by all means, let’s ignore the canon and just make up what “really” happened to inflate the powerscale I guess.

They got blitzed? Yes. They weren’t FTE’d tho. Tokoyami’s eyes are even widened.
You’re the one claiming that the anime is perfectly fine to use here.

So your claim is that Deku didn’t react at all to the beginning of the Recipro with his hand movement? He didn’t even know what they were trying to do, nor was he even pointing in a specific way. It was a casual move of his hand in response to seeing something. I’m claiming that was the start of the Recipro, followed by him being blitzed.

Iida was absolutely FTE otherwise they would have followed his movements with their eyes or registered more than slightly moving. I would love to see an example of a blitz where the blitzed character reacts in anyway?

It’s never even mentioned that “We saw him but we couldn’t react fast enough to stop him.” It was “he moved too fast to see” right from Present Mic’s mouth. You can claim he exaggerated it, but you have no evidence whatsoever to prove he did. I don’t believe I’ve even seen Present Mic exaggerate a legitimate feat?

Tokoyami’s eyes opening slightly means nothing? He’s looking at people and then they are gone, while Dark Shadow is extended from his body more than before, so his eyes widen, especially when he’s getting hit with the wind of Iida rushing past him. I don’t see any reason why you brought that up at all.

And what about Hatsume? She’s the most normal person there, and she reacts in zero way. Are you going to claim she also moved? Or even somewhat saw Iida moving past her? Iida was absolutely FTE to her.

I feel like you’re confusing “statued” with “FTE.” You don’t have to be able to have a full conversation before moving past someone to be FTE. The fact they couldn’t track his movement with either their bodies or eyes until after he had gone past them and stopped is FTE.

Lol talking and hearing is a free action in fiction tho?
It's not a direct attack the attacks used their hearing, unless they have no ear they would have been caught in it, I can't remember Itachi and sasuke fighting Tayuya in the manga, but I will assume they heard her flute play, so yes it was not an attack moving at sound speed but someone talking and singing, so yes it is a free action and they have ears and obviously they will hear it.
the attack travels as a soundwave....

Dude, it's literally stated to be ^2.5. the multiplier being 2.5 times the base power is something made up to make it more consistent, but honestly it's ridiculous. It should just be considered just like "Much higher" since it's inconsistent
The thing is large town level raised to the power of 2.5 is still not solar system level so where is the solar system.level coming from?
the attack travels as a soundwave....
Tayuya blows a flute that you obviously can't dodge unless.you can't hear, pa and ma also sings a song that you will obviously hear too, so I really don't understand your point about them not being able to react to a sound based attack when the attack doesn't require you to react to it but hear it

Back