• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Question: Does anyone have any idea on why Garaki didn't make copies of Shock Absorption? A Quirk like that is very powerful against physical fighters.
It's not about Garaki, it's about Horikoshi. Obviously he didn't want to repeat the same quirks. That's why apart from Regeneration, no 2 Nomus have the same quirks.

Shigaraki and the High-Ends having Shock Absorption would've really changed up the battle.

I imagine Shock Absorptions effects could've been weakened along with Regeneration when Shigaraki's body was breaking down. But that'd still give him some protection and 100% power. Seems like such a useful Quirk, so I assume there's a reason why they didn't have any other copies.

I personally head canon that Garaki's way of copying Quirks takes a lot of time, and he'd prioritized Regeneration for obvious reasons. He was going to make copies of Shock Absorption and other Quirks, but didn't have the time to do so.

Stuff like regeneration and shock absorption are probably difficult to assimilate and use, similar to body-changing quirks like Fatgum's.
Could be a reason why they're possessed only by those who had their body heavily remodeled like the black nomus, High Ends and Shiggy.

People seem to forget that USJ Nomu was dumb as bricks. Dumber than bricks, even. Sub-brick.

He literally couldn’t do anything without an order. He didn’t even resist the police because he was not getting any orders to do so. At least the Nomu in Hosu were capable of SOMEWHAT rampaging on their own with no new orders, and had somewhat higher thinking, since that one lesser Nomu decided to kidknap Deku on its own volition.

Well if you mean in a versus matchup setting, I (and I assume most people) just assume that the USJ Nomu is given direct orders to kill or incap the opponent. Since there would be no fights otherwise.

If you mean in general, then perhaps, the USJ Nomu rarely ever gets brought up in discussions outside battleboarding-related threads in my experience.

AFO tried to steal OFA twice once with Deku and another with the 4th or 5th where he tried to touch him but failed. Every other time the quirk had already been passed on to the successor so AFO couldn't try to steal it.

AFO tried to steal OFA twice once with Deku and another with the 4th or 5th where he tried to touch him but failed. Every other time the quirk had already been passed on to the successor so AFO couldn't try to steal it.

That’s interesting. So AFO has actually never been able to try and steal the full quirk. He’s only been trying to take Embers.

And now it’s grown so strong that he literally can’t take it without tons of prep.

Get dunked on idiot

Comments on the movies from Hori, he's like "why?".

Also it seems he was pretty hands off for this one unlike the others.

"The third movie is lighthearted and inspiring!"
"Wanted for Mass Murder, Izuku Midoriya" lol

Also Dark Deku should be the correct translation.

That’s interesting. So AFO has actually never been able to try and steal the full quirk. He’s only been trying to take Embers.

And now it’s grown so strong that he literally can’t take it without tons of prep.

Get dunked on idiot
That means he tried to take it at its weakest. So he CAN steal it, just that it has to be weak….which mean that Deku is gonna hit something SO deep that AFO is gonna go for the kill

And by that I also think OFA is also connected by emotions

Banjo: "What I mean is that at the time, I was in possession of OFA, and even though All For One tried to touch me to steal the Quirk, he failed"
Doesn't this mean that AFO failed to steal the full OFA? Or does it mean that he failed to touch Banjo?

Last edited:
Am I the only one who finds it a bit goofy in retrospect that Wolfram’s gun was able to send 5% Deku flying? (Or 30%, depending on if you think the full gauntlet effects his whole body.)

/With a handgun/.

Oh, wait. Future guns. Right.

Nothing impressive about kicking through stone, as for steel, the movies exagerrate feats all the time.

Also was Wolfram melding he steel together or was it like all jumbled together. I remember some of those steel pillars were still a mess of metal so the structure might have been compromised and easier to fragment.

Back