• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Heat doesn't equal durability, you can't say Shigaraki is more durable via Endeavor's flames.

MHA scaling has always been obvious but even with how many times the story reiterates how far above everyone else any version of All Might is, some fellows are obsessed with trying to bring everyone up to his level.

And that single USJ Nomu image is all was needed as a justification to literally twist the linear MHA scaling into the loop it currently is.
What I just brought up has literally nothing to due with the High-End statement or image, what are you talking about?

Endeavour's prominent burn doesn't have force behind it despite being his strongest flash fire technique which is all about compressing and releasing flame when an even weaker flame technique clash with shigaraki air cannon ?

Endeavour's prominent burn doesn't have force behind it despite being his strongest flash fire technique which is all about compressing and releasing flame when an even weaker flame technique clash with shigaraki air cannon ?
What does that have to do with anything.

He was burned not bruised. Are you saying Endeavor has durability surpassing Shigaraki now? What injured him wasn't force, it was heat.

Then what made it so that shigaraki can take endeavor heat so well when hood literally crumble to dust, it wouldn't be a quirk since shigaraki took it when he was quirkless and then survived it again even in a weakened state with a less than stable regen, if shigaraki isn't significantly more durable than hood I don't see how he could take these attack so well unless we give him some sort of resistance to high heat even while quirkless. And what about the 2 punching attacks then, are they heat as well ? And again it took an entire squad to took down a shigaraki who was mostly quirkless thanks to aizawa, his body tearing apart on his own and an imperfect regen while endeavor with support from hawks took down hood who unlike shigaraki have a stable regen to constantly put him at good shape, the story is literally showing us their difference in strength

Heat resistance, it doesn't have to be a Quirk.

Not a single person in that fight, scales to Shigaraki's Dura.

Endeavor was the only person who could threaten him, and that's because his flames ignore durability. All heat does that, heat doesn't rely on force to damage. Shigaraki was burned, even with the Vanishing Fist, Shigaraki complained about the heat as he was holding his stomach. That it was hot.

Also Hood overpowered Endeavor's flames who openly admits that Hood is stronger than him. When Hood threw Endeavor, he tried to stop his throw by using his propulsion in the opposite direction. And we know that's Flashfire, as stated by Todoroki.

And Endeavor has no reason to say Hood is stronger than him, if that wasn't him being serious.

Also I never implied that Shigaraki was less durable than Hood, in fact I have no doubt he's more durable than Hood.

I stated that you can't use Endeavor's heat based attacks as an example.

I mean unless the doctor specifically made shigaraki body resistance to heat since he didn't had it pre surgery, I thought it would be reasonable to assume that shigaraki has better dura than hood due to withstanding much higher heat than hood could despite their seemingly similar physicality unlike the todorokis who had specific heat resistant bodies

Doesn't needed to be stated, if he shows better resistance to heat than he's more resistance to heat. Considering what Endeavor did to Hood, I wouldn't even be surprised if Garaki did give him some heat resistance.

Shigaraki is more durable than Hood, since he took a 100% punch to the face while weakened and Quirkless. While it did do a lot of damage, it didn't tear his head off. He would later take dozens of 100% hits without his limbs being blown off.

Since current 100% might end up as 7-A, Shigaraki would be 7-B+ AP with 7-A Dura (Baseline maybe).

Hood's dura scales to his own AP via recoil.

I was thinking about making a thread about it, since he without a doubt takes the heat better than Hood does.

I'm just not sure how it'd be worded on his profile.

Wonder how Faux 100% speed scales based on this chapter. It's leagues above everyone else in the series.

Here we have Iida who could go toe to toe with 2 High-ends without getting tagged even once struggling with the help of several people just to catch up to Faux 100% and with this version, Deku pumped his legs like twice unlike the Nagant fight where he built up even more Fa Jin over time.

So many fast characters in the High-end tier of speed contributed. Bakugo with his new explosions, Ochako literally making them weightless (which probably played a huge overall role), Shoto using his strongest move in the series so far (Flashfreeze Heatwave) and of course Tokoyami, Shoji, Koda and Sato acting as the initial muscle to launch them.

It's actually pretty impressive that they caught up from behind even if they moved almost instantly after Deku, but even if it was just a few seconds, Deku would be pretty far by then.

What did mina's acid do ?
Also, does being exhausted affect faux 100% or does fajin makes up for that ?

I think Mina's acid was to counteract friction during the initial charge.

And I don't think being tired changes much here, 45% is still 45% though who knows if Deku's physical condition/fatigue affects how effective he is. It might actually be the case but we have no confirmation.

And he definitely had less charge time with Fa Jin here than in the Nagant fight.

Izuku was unable to lift Nagant and Hawks up, even with Full Cowl due to how tired he was, he even stated he didn't have any power left.

Obviously I'm not saying he's that tired, but being tired can contribute to him possibly being slower/weaker.

Could todoroki FFHW speed be calc as that could result in an upgrade for uraraka since she did tag them

I think Mina's acid was to counteract friction during the initial charge.

And I don't think being tired changes much here, 45% is still 45% though who knows if Deku's physical condition/fatigue affects how effective he is. It might actually be the case but we have no confirmation.

And he definitely had less charge time with Fa Jin here than in the Nagant fight.
Deku getting tired is def affected him like here

image0.jpg

Does Bakugou and todoroki withstanding the recoil of FFHW up their durability by any chance ?

The shockwave from the Flashfreeze Heatwave in the sports festival came out to be High 8-C+ I believe.

So no it wouldn't do anything, unless it gets higher results in a calc.

"Town level with Half-Cold and Half-Hot (Stronger than before), higher with Flashfreeze Heatwave (Stronger than before)" this was in his joint training key

That's a little misleading, should probably be reworded.

Town level comes from the energy needed to create his ice/fire, not his actual AP/Impact Energy.

Last edited:
"Town level with Half-Cold and Half-Hot (Stronger than before), higher with Flashfreeze Heatwave (Stronger than before)" this was in his joint training key
That's the energy that Todoroki's fire/ice produces, but it doesn't really scale to his normal durability.

Also why would Bakugo scale? Todoroki fired his technique in the opposite direction.

I guess you're right, todoroki didn't ram Bakugou with the recoil since Bakugou is already back to back with him unlike how AM ram deku with his new Hampshire smash

It's 2:50 am where I'm at so I'm just gonna ask all the questions I can think off then go to bed.
1) could todoroki FFHW propelling bakugo and Iida at a certain speed be considered a LS feat
2) if Iida ever get an update on his profile due to being "built for speed" (whatever that means) would deku get that as well
3) if the FFHW propulsion speed gets calc, uraraka should probably scale since she tagged them right?
Ok gn everyone!

In the very very very very last panel of the chapter, on the bottom left, Deku seems to turn off Full Cowling, or appears to have collapsed. His pupils disappeared.

Way ahead of you chief, though does the phrase "fell for someone" has any meaning other than romantic, my English is not that good

In the very very very very last panel of the chapter, on the bottom left, Deku seems to turn off Full Cowling, or appears to have collapsed. His pupils disappeared.
In before danger sense activates and AFO snipes them both with an air cannon

When USJ Nomu jumps up and RKO's Deku out of nowhere right in front of Class 1a
Way ahead of you chief, though does the phrase "fell for someone" has any meaning other than romantic, my English is not that good
It's generally romantic, but not impossible to be used just for admiration. The phrasing in japanese is variable, and sometimes refer to great respect, though it is quite romantic as well. Whether it means what everyone is thinking it does is up in the air.

Back