• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

How does this work if Overclock is faster than sound? Some of the writing in Vigilantes doesn’t make too much sense to me. Couldn’t Six just activate Overclock before he jumps off the ground?? What was that INSANE speed feat so long ago where many, many people were frozen in time compared to him and he was walking around them. It’s very inconsistent to me.

Oh wait. MHA is in the future. I guess its future sound where sound travels faster.

This is indeed an interesting question; I honestly feel like it's just one of those moments where the mangaka just ignored / forgot the physics of something, it's not that weird, most supersonic characters I know can talk while running.
Or maybe, the mangaka is deliberately ignoring the detail to continue giving Koichi advantages out of nowhere over Six that make Deku's 6 quirks look super foreshadowed in comparison.

But looking for an answer in the internal logic of the canon more than "maybe the mangaka forgot", I think maybe it just means that Six's translation speed is lower than his perception and combat speed (throwing punches should not generate as much air resistance as when your whole body moves forward). Following this logic, perhaps the mangaka believed that with subsonic/transonic speeds you could outrun multiple rubber bullets, which are also subsonic.

Another option is that, just maybe, Overclock vestige is not real, and Six is only imagining him, so his suggestion would simply be a mistake as when he believed that Koichi could not react to him.

Idiotic people thinking having control over lightning means you scale to the speed of natural lightning.

I think O’clock Vestige is just Six’s imagination. He’s insane. From other people’s perspectives, he’s talking to himself, acting and posing as O’clock whenever “O’Clock“ is talking to Six. Unless Deku talking to the Vestiges looks similar to that where Deku poses as each Vestige as they talk, it’s just Six being Six.

I think its the difference between a marathon and a sprint. Considering how easy Overclock burns out, Six might not run at supersonic speeds for long distances like this.

Also when Koichi moved at supersonic speeds, he was in mid-air and made quite a ruckus. He made like over 10 sonic booms just moving but when he is using slide and glide normally to move on the ground, he doesn't seem that fast.

So I don't think either of them are moving at top speed during this chase scene. Six is restricted by his endurance/stamina while Koichi probably doesn't move at similar speed on the ground as in the air to avoid collateral via shockwaves.

To be fair, it's not really that hard to justify kaminari making it to high tier in bnha, if he was a better fighter.

According to the ultra analysis he has one of the strongest quirks of his class, so it shouldn't be that hard to think that in Horikoshi's head he is closer to people like Kirishima or Tokoyami than to people like Hagaruke or Koda.
And, this is going to be my controversial take, if we dare to take the movies as a reference, which seems to be controversial right now, it is in fact possible to interpret one of his feats as more impressive than it initially seems.
Because, looking at Heroes Rising again you can see that Nine noticed a considerable increase in power when Deku reached 20%, and the only reason he attacked with a lightning bolt seems to be because he noticed that deku's power went up even more. Kaminari was able to absorb a lightning bolt comparable to that one, intended to kill Deku and Bakugo.
So, just maybe, kaminari is able to resist and can accumulate in his body enough electrical energy to damage a Deku over 20% of OFA

hey guys, I made this CR based on what I said in this comment, could you guys take a look?

The reason All Might looks off in the new volume cover is because he is not smiling. He isn’t even showing his teeth. He simply looks solemn and sad; the expression he usually has in his skinny form.

Iida is a beast speedwise and he can even fly now. Deku is at 45% after escaping the ice and Iida catches up to him mid air. Though his new speed mode completely busts his armor. His mask, glasses, chestplate etc all crack or outright break.

The class indeed had great teamwork but once Deku got serious and used Black Whip they stood no chance.

“She says that they have a lot to say, but the words won't reach him

They don't want to be protected and they're not trying to deny his ways, they just want to be by his side”

Oh boy, can’t wait for this to be glossed over and people just say “they’re trying to control Deku” “Deku should no diff slaughter them” etc etc

Iida is a beast speedwise and he can even fly now. Deku is at 45% after escaping the ice and Iida catches up to him mid air. Though his new speed mode completely busts his armor. His mask, glasses, chestplate etc all crack or outright break.

The class indeed had great teamwork but once Deku got serious and used Black Whip they stood no chance.
This is not really something Iida can do alone, he had the help of Todoroki and Bakugo to reach Deku.

1-A is at least making sense in their approach and what they say outside and inside.
Also, new super moves are always a treat.

This is not really something Iida can do alone, he had the help of Todoroki and Bakugo to reach Deku.
Yeah, I just read that. Look like the combo had so many layers just to catch up to Deku. Tokoyami & Sato ->Shoto -> Mina & Ochako -> Bakugo -> Iida. So 45% speed isn't a joke to catch up to especially when Deku had a headstart. Though maybe he's using Float too since he's flying.

Bakugo tanked Todoroki’s flash heat wave durability upgrade for him and iida is stated to be the only capable of taking that speed so his durability upscales from Bakugo and Todoroki’s durability:itdobelikethattroll:

That is nothing compared to most top dogs. If he is to be High-end level, he has to at least have AP comparable to top 10s.

Being top in 1A isn't that impressive in the grand scheme.

The lack of usage of support items is bothering.
Even if it's temporary, it could be used to boost 1-A to be competitive against the big threats. Like letting Bakugo get an improved version of his braciers that outputs more than his max, even if it's just for a few uses, for example.
We already have a precedent with Re-Destro's Claustro.

In short, I support more appearances for Mei.

That is nothing compared to most top dogs. If he is to be High-end level, he has to at least have AP comparable to top 10s.

Being top in 1A isn't that impressive in the grand scheme.
Whos above him in AP besides his own father? Who Todoroki apparently has equal firepower too, just less control??

Who scales to 5%, and why is 5% superior to Bakugo’s AP?

Bakugo was > 5% Deku in their fight. 8% Deku was SLIGHTLY > Bakugo in the same fight. And Bakugo was holding back, not using his bigger explosions, and this is way before he learned the art of concentrating his explosions in the Endeavor Agency arc.

Last edited:
Who scales to 5%, and why is 5% superior to Bakugo’s AP?

Bakugo was > 5% Deku in their fight. 8% Deku was SLIGHTLY > Bakugo in the same fight. And Bakugo was holding back, not using his bigger explosions, and this is way before he learned the art of concentrating his explosions in the Endeavor Agency arc.
I said deku> bakugo? Sorry if i said that i was intending for Bakugo to upscale from him.
Anyways Bakugo scales to 5%, Iida does as well and i cant rly think of anyone else off the top of my head but im sure there are more

I always wonder why 5% even matters when it's been ages since then. We have already gone through 8%, 10-15%, 20%, 30% and now 45%.

While none of the students scale to 45% yet, 10-15% in Endeavor training arc had Deku, Shoto and Bakugo pretty neck to neck same for 20% in the movies and 30% during War arc with Deku & Bakugo, maybe even Iida.

And even now with Deku vs 1A last chapter
Deku only goes 45% during this chapter when he goes feral again while escaping from Shoto and 1A so everything he did last chapter might have been at 30% + with Black Whip.

Sero last chapter for example was able to intercept Deku mid flight using Black Whip with his own tapes and he didn't have help to intercept Deku unlike say Ojiro.

As for 45%
with this chapter it might be way above 1A pay grade considering they needed a combo move of like 7 students including some of the strongest 1A characters just to catch up to Deku.

I always wonder why 5% even matters when it's been ages since then. We have already gone through 8%, 10-15%, 20%, 30% and now 45%.

While none of the students scale to 45% yet, 10-15% in Endeavor training arc had Deku, Shoto and Bakugo pretty neck to neck same for 20% in the movies and 30% during War arc with Deku & Bakugo, maybe even Iida.

And even now with Deku vs 1A last chapter
Deku only goes 45% during this chapter when he goes feral again while escaping from Shoto and 1A so everything he did last chapter might have been at 30% + with Black Whip.

Sero last chapter for example was able to intercept Deku mid flight using Black Whip with his own tapes and he didn't have help to intercept Deku unlike say Ojiro.

As for 45%
with this chapter it might be way above 1A pay grade considering they needed a combo move of like 7 students including some of the strongest 1A characters just to catch up to Deku.
Deku was usint Fajin which is as fast as prime am, no one scales that high (villains) so this shouldnt be used to say they arent to any use. Also they did this pretty quickly so pretty useful in fights

“She says that they have a lot to say, but the words won't reach him

They don't want to be protected and they're not trying to deny his ways, they just want to be by his side”

Oh boy, can’t wait for this to be glossed over and people just say “they’re trying to control Deku” “Deku should no diff slaughter them” etc etc
Would you believe me if I told you I saw somebody accuse Class 1-A of being fascist because they were trying to help Izuku?

If it helps any, that same person claimed Koji was evil just because his Quirk controls animals.

Back