• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

5% Deku and+ scaling

Name says it all 5% deku and most others that scale to him should scale to this. All of them yield nearly the same results so honestly which one doesnt matter.
Im tired as ive pulled an all nighter so ill probably not respond anyone who is against it any time soon

Oh and if this is used maybe “possibly small town level” 20% and 30% ofa? 8% is stated much superior to 5% and 8% is said to be nothing compared 20% and based off the calx deku would only need to be 4x stronger to be small town

This would also make 45% scaling to small city be even more consistent than before

How is this consistent with any of Deku's other 5% feats?

How is this consistent with any of Deku's other 5% feats?
All his other 5% feats are literally wall level PLUS the steel beam feat is the bases for 5% scaling so i dont see why it wouldn’t be consistent. Ig Deku harming Bakugo with 5% scales as Bakugo created an explosion that was this power iirc during the movie so there’s consistency :itdobelikethat:

This movie feat seems wildly way more powerful than anything 5% Deku does in the manga. Is there anything comparable to it in the manga?

It’s like 20% Deku’s kick in the manga only rustling some leaves, but 20% Deku in Two Heroes creates a tornado so large it sends numerous trees flying. It’s not consistent in power.

This movie feat seems wildly way more powerful than anything 5% Deku does in the manga. Is there anything comparable to it in the manga?

It’s like 20% Deku’s kick in the manga only rustling some leaves, but 20% Deku in Two Heroes creates a tornado so large it sends numerous trees flying. It’s not consistent in power.
Everything Deku has done in the manga has been wall level to small building, as it doesnt have that much feats to scale it off of. Plus the movie is pretty much the manga visualized, its written by the author so it should be usable (plus it was ok using the feat before so).
For the 20% thing, using that same reasoning 20% would be inferior to even base Deku as he was even shown capable of feats higher than that. That scene simply wasnt meant to actually be used for scaling purposes, it was them just showing us a new concept.

Written by the author, animated by not the author. The movies are not close to the manga‘s scale of power at all. But we pretend they are simply because someone else on here said a long time ago that they are canon, meaning EVERY single frame of animation MUST be 100% consistent to what the characters can do in the manga, when that’s never been actually demonstrated in any way.

When did base Deku show feats higher than that?

Neither movies nor anime are 100% Hori's work unlike the manga. That's why they have so many inconsistencies. For the movies Hori just writes, he does not make animation decisions or police every little feat.

The movies/anime team will also try to explode the feats so stuff looks epic.

Written by the author, animated by not the author. The movies are not close to the manga‘s scale of power at all. But we pretend they are simply because someone else on here said a long time ago that they are canon, meaning EVERY single frame of animation MUST be 100% consistent to what the characters can do in the manga, when that’s never been actually demonstrated in any way.

When did base Deku show feats higher than that?
Its written and when it comes to the showings the author has seen over those and doesnt have a problem with these things existing. The only things from the movie that id say is just plain fishy for using is frame by frame timeframes for attack speed (cube feat).
If the movie itself exist within the manga than those feats are their feats. 5% Deku’s attacks arent even consistent with what they do even in the manga, as he cannot simply have the same boom bang for ever little thing Deku does, this scene was for showing Deku’s power thats why so much work was put into it.
Also the base deku feat would be him slicing the robot dude in half which was at wall level iirc, or him slapping shinso who scales to his durability which is at that level. Using that 20% logic even base deku is superior to 20%

Neither movies nor anime are 100% Hori's work unlike the manga. That's why they have so many inconsistencies. For the movies Hori just writes, he does not make animation decisions or police every little feat.

The movies/anime team will also try to explode the feats so stuff looks epic.
5% deku’s kick was no “little feat” it was one of the most emphasized things in the movie and it was intended for the viewers to take a lot of interest in Deku’s strength.
The feat itself doesnt contradict deku scaling that high, he scales to bakugo who’s that strong as well and as seth likes to say “feats are not limitations” 😳

5% deku’s kick was no “little feat” it was one of the most emphasized things in the movie and it was intended for the viewers to take a lot of interest in Deku’s strength.
The feat itself doesnt contradict deku scaling that high, he scales to bakugo who’s that strong as well and as seth likes to say “feats are not limitations” 😳
Just know that while movie scaling is allowed and sometimes even anime, the manga scaling will always take precedence over them so whenever feats in the movies are inconsistent to the manga, they outright get ignored.

Just know that while movie scaling is allowed and sometimes even anime, the manga scaling will always take precedence over them so whenever feats in the movies are inconsistent to the manga, they outright get ignored.
Yes movie scaling should always be allowed (unless obvious outlier or plain contradiction) as its the authors interpretation put into animation. So unless you prove this absolutely cannot be a thing in the lore you simply can’t disregard this.

You know Horikoshi and similar mangas, like, don’t care about powerscaling that much, right? Not in the way sites like this do it. At best, they go, “this character is stronger than this character, who can make a big boom, so this character can make a bigger boom” they don’t go “this character scales above this character who can make a big boom because they made clouds which puts them several times stronger than that character using ReAL LiFE pSyHicS but the other character beat them anyway so he scales even higher than him by proxy of my fan calcs”.

Deku destroyed a robot: but wasn’t that because of the robot’s own momentum and the edge of the metal armour he was using being sharp enough to take advantage over that? It’s not like he just punched the robot. The robot was coming at him at high speed and he sliced its joint using its own momentum.

As for “So unless you prove this absolutely cannot be a thing in the lore you simply can’t disregard this”.

Deku at 5% in Two Heroes dodged bullets, which is apparently valid here. Assault rifle bullets to be specific. Mirio clowned 8% Deku. Mirio couldn’t dodge or catch one bullet from a handgun from a further distance than Deku’s Two Heroes feat. So that Two Heroes bullet feat just doesn’t make sense unless it’s either Deku staying ahead of the firing line, or Mirio WANTED to get hit and lose his quirk, instead of using his speed advantage to try swat the bullet out of the air or simply move Eri with him as he outsped it.

One consistency claim I see people claim is that potentially Full Guantlet amped his entire body up to 30% and not just his arm
Although I’m not sure on that
If people disagree with that
I’m not surprised that it’ll be called an inconsistent feat

You know Horikoshi and similar mangas, like, don’t care about powerscaling that much, right? Not in the way sites like this do it. At best, they go, “this character is stronger than this character, who can make a big boom, so this character can make a bigger boom” they don’t go “this character scales above this character who can make a big boom because they made clouds which puts them several times stronger than that character using ReAL LiFE pSyHicS but the other character beat them anyway so he scales even higher than him by proxy of my fan calcs”.
This site pain’s person is to quantify the vague feats from fictional characters and determine how strong they should be based off of those showings. Thats VsWiki and powerscaling. If you believe the author doesnt powerscale like we do (trust me I dont think they do either) then this wiki probably isnt for you as we do that a lot.
Deku destroyed a robot: but wasn’t that because of the robot’s own momentum and the edge of the metal armour he was using being sharp enough to take advantage over that? It’s not like he just punched the robot. The robot was coming at him at high speed and he sliced its joint using its own momentum.
Nothing implies it was because of the momentum and that argument wouldnt even work as its capable of generating wall level+ Nearly small building level energy without even being harmed and its armor tanked this.
So that argument wouldnt work as its durable enough to take its on momentum slamming into object and the feat itself was Deku hitting it, if the story simply wanted it to be it being killed by its own momentum slamming into it, then they wouldn’t have had deku slice down on it because that wouldnt fit what they had set out at all, it make it seen more like Deku was simply cutting its limb off (which is what he did).
As for “So unless you prove this absolutely cannot be a thing in the lore you simply can’t disregard this”.

Deku at 5% in Two Heroes dodged bullets, which is apparently valid here. Assault rifle bullets to be specific. Mirio clowned 8% Deku. Mirio couldn’t dodge or catch one bullet from a handgun from a further distance than Deku’s Two Heroes feat. So that Two Heroes bullet feat just doesn’t make sense unless it’s either Deku staying ahead of the firing line, or Mirio WANTED to get hit and lose his quirk, instead of using his speed advantage to try swat the bullet out of the air or simply move Eri with him as he outsped it.
Why are you mentioning this speed feat? If you want it removed then create an entire different CRT, dont derail this one please stay on topic. So ill ask again, do you have any reason that would suggest that this feat cannot exist within the series and goes against the story completely? Simply arguing “his attacks havent shown to be this potent before” doesnt refute it as in series the potency of his smashes aren’t consistent at all. One moment he is kicking boulders and creating large shockwaves and the next moment hes literally doing nothing, not even shockwaves. He author doesnt always draw these big smashes in places it isnt needed, and he shouldnt. If he has already shown that these characters are capable of this the he shouldn’t have show the same showing over and over. His intentions is to write a good story, while entertaining us with feats and action sequences. He has it set they are capable of this, why would it be wrong if they dont do it every feat? Also attack potency exists

”This robot’s locked on, it’s not letting up! Which means it can’t break that quickly.”

It’s own speed and momentum destroyed it when Deku aimed at it’s weakest area, the arm, which had no armour on it, with a jagged object.

You asked for an example of the movies doing something which didn’t happen in the main series, so I gave you one. Can you show me a manga feat consistent with the AP demonstrated in the movies when he’s using the same amount of OFA percentage?

”This robot’s locked on, it’s not letting up! Which means it can’t break that quickly.”

It’s own speed and momentum destroyed it when Deku aimed at it’s weakest area, the arm, which had no armour on it, with a jagged object.
I concede to this, Deku scaling to wall+ based off that should be removed but he would still scale to wall+ For other reasons.
You asked for an example of the movies doing something which didn’t happen in the main series, so I gave you one. Can you show me a manga feat consistent with the AP demonstrated in the movies when he’s using the same amount of OFA percentage?
Did i ask that? I probably did, but now I have switched up my arguments :itrlydobelikethat:. Since you believe this shouldnt be used prove it’s absolutely impossible for the feat to exist in the lore

“but he would still scale to wall+ For other reasons.”

Such as?

You said:
“Yes movie scaling should always be allowed (unless obvious outlier or plain contradiction) as its the authors interpretation put into animation. So unless you prove this absolutely cannot be a thing in the lore you simply can’t disregard this.”

Then I gave you an example of “prove this absolutely cannot be a thing” using the bullet feats as an example. You can’t just ignore you said this. It’s disingenuous at best.

Such as?

You said:
“Yes movie scaling should always be allowed (unless obvious outlier or plain contradiction) as its the authors interpretation put into animation. So unless you prove this absolutely cannot be a thing in the lore you simply can’t disregard this.”

Then I gave you an example of “prove this absolutely cannot be a thing” using the bullet feats as an example. You can’t just ignore you said this. It’s disingenuous at best.
Mirio scales to Hypersonic+ off of someone with a super speed quirk.

Are you claiming that Number Six and Rappa are slower than bullets?

Are you claiming that Mirio is slower than Class 1a who have supersonic feats from the manga?

Which is more consistent: slower than bullets or speed of sound. Please, enlighten me on which feats are the outliers.

Yes movie scaling should always be allowed (unless obvious outlier or plain contradiction) as its the authors interpretation put into animation. So unless you prove this absolutely cannot be a thing in the lore you simply can’t disregard this.
I'm just telling you how scaling is done. Manga > Anime/Movies. Whenever feats in an anime or movie don't gell with manga feats, the manga feats take precedence. It isn't just for MHA but pretty much every manga with anime and movie adaptations.

I 100% believe 5% Deku dodging the bullets was just aim dodging where the shooter was aiming the same way Batman and Robin's dodge machine gun fire. In fact comic street levelers dodge bullets all the time by simple aim dodging. You just have to be faster than the guy firing and simply dodge his aim.

Manga > Movie/Anime is true. We will not 100% accept every single feat in the movies or anime as fact.

Movies are > Anime by the way.

They are, however, sources of canon that we can draw from. There is no reasoning we should not do so, since Horikoshi has made his stance on the movies horrifically clear. If he didn’t want them canon, they would not be canon.

When he’s going so far as to include movie references and cameos, I think the stance of “everything is an outlier, throw all the movie scaling away” is ridiculous.

When he’s going so far as to include movie references and cameos, I think the stance of “everything is an outlier, throw all the movie scaling away” is ridiculous.

"X is an outlier" is a different argument to "X is non-canon" which is what the references & cameos tackle. The movies being canon doesn't mean the feats are consistent with the portrayal in the manga.

MHA does not have a singular power system like ki so I don't know why people try to equalize everything and everyone with zero nuance.

- Base Mirio without his quirk active is NOT hitting supersonic no matter how many drugs he takes let alone hypersonic. Even if he can perceive things at those speeds he does not have that movement speed. He can only achieve superspeed by using his quirk to accelerate by bouncing out of solid matter. The more times he "jumps" the faster he goes. That's what Phantom Menace is. So Mirio can't outspeed a bullet with his regular running speed. He didn't have an opportunity to accelerate when Eri was shot at. So people using that instance to dunk on him shows they don't fundamentally understand his quirk or wank base characters' abilities to ridiculous degrees.

- On Rappa - I thought at this point everyone already read his quirk description. "Strong Shoulder" is only active on his arms from his shoulders. The rest of his body is normal per MHA standards. So while his arms might be faster than bullets, that says nothing for his perception let alone the speed of the rest of his body.

Some of these arguments are dead and any Mirio vs Bullets arguments is dead unless some of you actually thought base MHA characters can somehow outspeed bullets even without using their quirks.

MHA does not have a singular power system like ki so I don't know why people try to equalize everything and everyone with zero nuance.

- Base Mirio without his quirk active is NOT hitting supersonic no matter how many drugs he takes let alone hypersonic. Even if he can perceive things at those speeds he does not have that movement speed. He can only achieve superspeed by using his quirk to accelerate by bouncing out of solid matter. The more times he "jumps" the faster he goes. That's what Phantom Menace is. So Mirio can't outspeed a bullet with his regular running speed. He didn't have an opportunity to accelerate when Eri was shot at. So people using that instance to dunk on him shows they don't fundamentally understand his quirk or wank base characters' abilities to ridiculous degrees.

- On Rappa - I thought at this point everyone already read his quirk description. "Strong Shoulder" is only active on his arms from his shoulders. The rest of his body is normal per MHA standards. So while his arms might be faster than bullets, that says nothing for his perception let alone the speed of the rest of his body.

Some of these arguments are dead and any Mirio vs Bullets arguments is dead unless some of you actually thought base MHA characters can somehow outspeed bullets even without using their quirks.
I mean, base Deku has a supersonic feat for his combat speed, but you’re right that no one in MHA other than people with weird speed amps can just outrun bullets.

Also, can the OP add the my hero academia tag to this.

I didn’t even see this thread pop up until I searched through the general thread.

I'm just telling you how scaling is done. Manga > Anime/Movies. Whenever feats in an anime or movie don't gell with manga feats, the manga feats take precedence. It isn't just for MHA but pretty much every manga with anime and movie adaptations.
The movie itself is just the manga visualized, where they arent limited in showings unlike most of the manga moments. Not even 5% smashes are consistent in terms of DC in the manga so this shouldnt be an argument made.
You would have to prove this scaling CANNOT exist within the series

Such as?

You said:

He can harm people who ca harm him, and the bombs are stated to just simply knock them around and not actually cause damage to them and if iirc those were calc at Wall level.

The bullet feat isnt proof that this by no means cannot exist without the lore.
If you want to argue against that feat being usable create a CRT for that, im asking you to prove that without a doubt this feat cannot exist within the story.

Honestly i agree with atomic and others as the movies are canon but deku feats seems more like outliers. since his feats in movies compared to his manga feats when using ofa at same % are far higher and not even relative to his manga feats

Honestly i agree with atomic and others as the movies are canon but deku feats seems more like outliers. since his feats in movies compared to his manga feats when using ofa at same % are far higher and not even relative to his manga feats
How can you call something that’s calced to be that level and also canon stated by the author a outlier? I jus don’t understand tbh it’s like str8 up going against the author at that point. The movies are canon therefore any feat performed can be used whether or not you want to believe it’s a outlier, like how this upcoming movie is literally canon after tying it into the story. The feats that come from this can be used, your picking and choosing feats from movies and leaving out major ones jus feels like lowball to me

How can you call something that’s calced to be that level and also canon stated by the author a outlier? I jus don’t understand tbh it’s like str8 up going against the author at that point. The movies are canon therefore any feat performed can be used whether or not you want to believe it’s a outlier, like how this upcoming movie is literally canon after tying it into the story. The feats that come from this can be used, your picking and choosing feats from movies and leaving out major ones jus feels like lowball to me
Bad reasoning.

Not every feat ever performed is applicable. Canon or not. That’s just basic logic when considering scaling.

If 5% had a MCB feat in the manga, but none anywhere else, then it wouldn’t make any sense for it to not be an outlier. Same applies to the movie.

Being canon =/= result of energy being consistent. Outliers are still outliers.

Your reasoning doesn't make sense.

Just because a feat is performed and is canon doesn't mean it can't be a outlier. Otherwise outliers wouldn't exist in the first place. Deku 5% ofa feats in the manga are nowhere near the level they are in the movie. His movie feats are far beyond his feats in the manga when using 5% so to say it is not an outlier because it is canon makes no sense.

The movie scaling doesn't match the manga scaling with his feats so it is a outlier. Its not choosing which feats to use and not use because of lowball.

These are all of the feats that use the manga, no movie or anime. Vigilantes is including though, since I see that as closest to the manga in terms of canon.

These are all of the feats in general. This was all I could find, there might or might not be more than this.

Judge what is and isn't a outlier for yourselves, of course higher numbers doesn't always mean outlier, since there could be extra context behind a feat to explain it.

However I completely agree with 8-A 5% being an outlier.

Back