• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kaminari and Nine Lightnings AP Scaling Revisions.

Hi guys, I thought about doing this CR for important details that I noticed a while ago

I think that Kaminari's electrical durability should be increased to Multi-City Block level+, same with Nine lightning AP
Because, looking at Heroes Rising again you can see that Nine noticed a considerable increase in power when Deku reached 20%, and the only reason he attacked with a lightning bolt seems to be because he noticed that deku's power went up even more. Kaminari was able to absorb a lightning bolt comparable to that one, intended to kill Deku and Bakugo.
So kaminari is able to resist and can accumulate in his body enough electrical energy to damage a Deku over 20% of OFA, who is Multi-City Block level

Is this consistent? I would say yes, Deku planned to attack Nine more seriously than before, and he had previously seen that 20% was not enough to defeat him.
Why now would he decide to go down to 8%? It would even be strange that he would try again with only 20%, or that Nine suddenly freaked out of 8% when he already saw 20%, or that he would be scared of 20% when 20% did not alarm him before.
But since we cannot assume how much more percentage over 20% of ofa Deku used, I think that at least 20% is a fair scaling.

One option that I thought might be valid is that maybe 2 million volts should also be MCB + "with sufficient charge", since Denki's quirk allows him to expel any external electricity energy that he has absorbed.

Maybe another valid option to all this would be that electricity users in bnha have durability neg, as the electricity in bnha is capable of stopping your heart like in real life

And Denki is apparently always holding back against human opponents.

But, someone made me aware that the wiki does not usually give that ability to lightning users. But I don't see it as that strange considering that Bakugo has durability neg with the temperature of his explotions, same with endeavor flames, and durability negation via temperature also seems to not be very common in the wiki.

EDIT: Btw, Durability Neg should not change Kaminari´s Large building level AP,
The AP of denki should be superior to kirishimas, kaminari's electricity completely destroyed Makihara's bandages, while Kirishima only pushed them hard with his blows. (Worth noting that Makihara's bandages could also physically restrain Bakugo)

What I’m proposing here​

-Nine's lightning AP and Denki electrical durability (and maybe AP) should be increased to Multi-City Block level

-Or alternatively, Kaminari and Nine being able to ignore durability​

Agree with MCB scaling:
Agree with dura neg: (TheRustyOne, Jackof_noTrades068, Insert_creative_name_here_12, Kingofwolves999, Therefir)
Disagree in general:
Neutral:

Last edited:
I'll wait to see what others say before making any opinions on that scaling, but I'll say that upscaling to 8-A+ is a no go when Izuku's feat is around baseline 8-A.

A jump from 127 to 550 Tons isn't happening without some kind of multiplier.

But I'm fine with Kaminiari having dura negation with his electricity.

You sure limited dura negation wouldn't be more appropriate?

As for the durability I guess it should be fine, I checked the scene again and the lightning was specifically aimed at Deku, Bakugo was just caught in range and didn't take the full force of the attack.

Last edited:
You sure limited dura negation wouldn't be more appropriate?

As for the durability I guess it should be fine, I checked the scene again and the lightning was specifically aimed at Deku, Bakugo was just caught in range and didn't take the full force of the attack.
I thought that just "durability negation" was fine, because the Electricity Manipulation page calls it like that if it is able to stop the heart and atrophy nerves, which is the case, and both Bakugo and Endeavor have "dura negation" just for being able to attack with enough heat
But limited dura negation could be appropriate too

But I don't know if it is valid to apply that scaling to Denki's durability if it is accepted that characters with electric attacks in bnha have durability negation. Because it would no longer be really valid to say that Denki endured an attack that had MCB AP to damage Deku, it could be of an AP much lower than that and simply leave Deku seriously injured because the electricity ignored his durability

I think that honestly the most reasonable thing is to only accept one of the two options: MCB Dura/AP or Durability negation

That's correct, if electric attacks have durability negation, then it no longer needs to be 8-A to hurt 20% Deku.

Kaminari blew up those bandage puppets, so yes I'm fine with scaling Kaminari from Kirishima.

Back