• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I still don’t sit right with 20% Deku in Heroes Rising creating a giant tornado which sends other trees flying hundreds of metres into the air when his 20% kick in the manga only really rustled some leaves with air pressure. Barely chipped the bark.

Would you believe me if I told you I saw somebody accuse Class 1-A of being fascist because they were trying to help Izuku?

If it helps any, that same person claimed Koji was evil just because his Quirk controls animals.
A lot of people who make posts like that, usually on Twitter, are edgy kids. Just think of them as 12 or 13 year olds entering their edgy phase and ignoring them will be much easier. At the end of the day MHA is a shonen and there's lots of super young fans.

Also for the chapter

Ochako got her first genuinely supersonic+? feat without scaling for tagging Bakugo & Iida after Shoto accelerated them past the speed of sound.

I've seen the imgur scans and
it took so much effort to catch up to Deku.

Sato, Koda, Shoji ans Tokoyami were the muscle for the initial launch.

Mina provided the glue.

Shoto made the ramp then used Flashfreeze Heatwave to increase their speed.

Ochako touched Bakugo/Iida to remove their weight/gravity.

Bakugo used his new explosions to accelerate even further then launched Iida like a rocket.

Then Iida himself used his quirk to propel himself even further/faster.
A true team effort.

I still don’t sit right with 20% Deku in Heroes Rising creating a giant tornado which sends other trees flying hundreds of metres into the air when his 20% kick in the manga only really rustled some leaves with air pressure. Barely chipped the bark.
While 8% deku destroyed large pillars of rock with his kick. That small moment was just to showcase that he could generate those air pressures not rly something that should be taken seriously but im not against downgrading deku to human level 😈

Nah, Hori doesn't do that. It's been 7 years with MHA and Hori is more the type to downplay his characters rather than wank them.

For the longest time we had to sit with the All Might Kamino speed numbers wIth every vs fight on multiple forums against other verses coming down to "All Might is subsonic".

Other mangakas usually have statements like as fast as lightning, faster than light, infinity, etc as early as the first few arcs (Naruto-Haku) despite how inconsistent it is. Meanwhile we had to wait for the Nagant fight to get a genuine statement confirmation that All Might is faster than a speeding bullet without using calcs.

Maybe because that first kick was just a regular kick, but the movie kick had a something SMASH in it so different effects lol

Also, what’s with the Knuckleduster vs Six final clash calc thing. Wasn’t the building already coming down due to Knuckleduster’s prior explosions?

Most buildings would come down if they lost their floors…
Oh well this one after losing it floors remained standing, plus the narrative dictates that it was them via them implying the builing being in mere fragments make nine a major threat “just what are you fighting?” Building in pieces also ill have to respond to you later as my phone is dying and lagging real bad. It needs a break. Ill be back later

Six stated he was going to break the walls down, so it likely wasn’t the final clash with Duster which actually did that. It’s portrayed as two seperate actions.

The example of 20% rustling leaves vs making a shockwave is absolutely terrible.

You’re comparing the AIR PRESSURE of 20% to an actual attack.

You do know that air pressure is far, far weaker than an actual kick right? His air pressure at 20% is comparable to attacks at 8%, which we know is far below 20% in stats from Overhaul.

The feat he did against Nine was him actively trying to take Nine out, not just now figuring out how to use his power correctly. He kicked Nine’s shield as hard as he could, and the result was far more devastation. He made actual collision with an object, and that blow back was the result. Obviously that would be more impressive than him kicking forwards with air pressure.

Also, are you just going to ignore the other feats that are consistent with High 8-C Deku? Is Bakugo suddenly not High 8-C from his manga explosions?

The lengths some people go to discredit movie scaling is absurd. We have absolutely every reason to believe the movies and their events are canon, down to literal manga appearances and references for characters from the movies, yet we still get flipped on our heads because the movies show actual feats we can scale the characters to. I agree that there are outliers within the movies, just as there are outliers in the Manga, like Ryukyu catching Shigaraki, or 5% Deku making All Might even slightly flinch or that feat of Iida blitzing Stain when his sword was centimeters away from cutting Todoroki. Should we discredit every arc that has outliers and remove all the feats from them?

Wall level Deku is a god damn joke, he should downscale from Bakugo for literally taking physical punches from him. That entire downgrade was a joke of a thread where the claim was Bakugo could hold back thousands of times his strength but only for Deku.

But it’s the air pressure which creates a tornado the size of a large hill that flings several trees in the air regardless. Most of the force is going into the shield, yet the excess air pressure still does that, compared to a direct Air Force kick forward only rustling some leaves in the manga. The movie feat is MULTITUDES stronger than anything 20% Deku does in the manga.

What high 8-C Deku feats? What High 8-C Bakugo explosion feats, and how does Deku scale to them?

The movies being canon does not mean every single instance of animation in all scenes is 100% accurate. Nine and Co react to and moves after Aoyama’s laser is fired at them, something no one in the manga really does, and depending on what you believe, would mean Nine is lightspeed and Deku and Bakugo scale due to that. Discredit movie feats which are not consistent in power with the manga to the point they’re multitudes stronger than the manga. That’s all. Nobody is saying that not every feat in them is invalid. Just the massively overplayed ones, like 20% Deku kick.

”Wall level Deku is a god damn joke, he should downscale from Bakugo for literally taking physical punches from him. That entire downgrade was a joke of a thread where the claim was Bakugo could hold back thousands of times his strength but only for Deku.”

You completely lost me here.

But it’s the air pressure which creates a tornado the size of a large hill that flings several trees in the air regardless. Most of the force is going into the shield, yet the excess air pressure still does that, compared to a direct Air Force kick forward only rustling some leaves in the manga. The movie feat is MULTITUDES stronger than anything 20% Deku does in the manga.

What high 8-C Deku feats? What High 8-C Bakugo explosion feats, and how does Deku scale to them?

The movies being canon does not mean every single instance of animation in all scenes is 100% accurate. Nine and Co react to and moves after Aoyama’s laser is fired at them, something no one in the manga really does, and depending on what you believe, would mean Nine is lightspeed and Deku and Bakugo scale due to that. Discredit movie feats which are not consistent in power with the manga to the point they’re multitudes stronger than the manga. That’s all.

”Wall level Deku is a god damn joke, he should downscale from Bakugo for literally taking physical punches from him. That entire downgrade was a joke of a thread where the claim was Bakugo could hold back thousands of times his strength but only for Deku.”

You completely lost me here.
No, because it wasn’t a tornado. It was a shockwave, an explosion. It was rejected from being a tornado long ago.

The High 8-C feats on Bakugo’s profile? That scale to his durability that Deku can harm?

Aoyama’s laser isn’t light speed, so I don’t see why that is even being used right now. It exhibits properties of light sure, but the claim that it goes at light speed is yet to be founded.

That was a rant

Then it’s an outlier shockwave, not an outlier tornado.

Wait. Why is Bakugo High 8-C based off the ANIME version of events? Isn’t the manga the more canon scaling??

It being light speed or not wasn’t there main point.

Ok.

Then it’s an outlier shockwave, not an outlier tornado.

Wait. Why is Bakugo High 8-C based off the ANIME version of events? Isn’t the manga the more canon scaling??

It being light speed or not wasn’t there main point.

Ok.
Except it isn’t an outlier shockwave, because there are no feats for Joint Training 20% to suggest otherwise. Unless you’re trying to claim that be Overhaul, when his movements were restricted and he was strained to even attack, is the exact same as the one from after a month more of training? That same 20% that was going to one shot Fused Overhaul and nearly tore his arms off just from the force of being near his kick?

Uh, he isn’t? The feats for high 8-C come from the manga. The only anime one is for when he fought Deku. The other feats, other than the movie one, are from the manga.

Then why bring it up at all? Why does Nine blocking it matter if it’s just somewhat of a fast attack? You’re the one saying everyone would be light speed off of it.

How does a shockwave from hitting something have more air pressure force than a direct kick’s air pressure? Is that how physics works?? From what I’m understanding, hitting something somehow multiplies the air pressure generated from a kick via the shockwave. Is that how that works??

Deku was feeling the burn and couldn’t do /complicated/ movements, but he wasn’t WEAKER. A kick is a kick. Same power, simple movements. And he kicked the ground multiple times against Overhaul and it never does the insane amount of air pressure like in the movie. So unless OFA has somehow quadrupled in power in just a few months, it simply looks like an outlier to me.

”and nearly tore his arms off just from the force of being near his kick?” When did that happen?

Why is the anime version even used?

The point is that no one has ever reacted to Aoyama’s naval laser and dodged it after it was fired, but do in only the anime and the movies.

How does a shockwave from hitting something have more air pressure force than a direct kick? Is that how physics works??

Deku was feeling the burn and couldn’t do /complicated/ movements, but he wasn’t WEAKER. A kick is a kick. Same power, simple movements. And he kicked the ground multiple times against Overhaul and it never does the insane amount of air pressure like in the movie. So unless OFA has somehow quadrupled in power in just a few months, it simply looks like an outlier to me.

”and nearly tore his arms off just from the force of being near his kick?” When did that happen?

Why is the anime version even used?

The point is that no one has ever reacted to Aoyama’s naval laser and dodged it after it was fired, but do in only the anime and the movies.
You’re comparing Deku kicking Air to him kicking Nine’s shield. Do you not watch Anime? Like at all? Creating a shockwave from colliding with something is such a common occurrence that I don’t see how you’re questioning it based on physics.

It’s like comparing kicking at a pile of leaves 5 feet away from you to just kicking the pile of leaves, one is going to produce more of an effect.

Lets compare the feats then shall we?

Both 20% Deku showings are the exact same: Deku kicks downwards.

Differences: He did a heel kick vs Overhaul and a Stomp vs Nine. Aka, negligible.

How much damage did he do to the surrounding area when he hit the ground vs Overhaul? Does someone have a calc of some sort? Do you know how much destruction he caused with his kick? How are you gauging his attack potency? By destructive capability? How are you judging that that kick was weaker than the one against Nine?

Deku nearly tore Overhaul’s arms off, that’s why Overhaul has to heal himself and why his arms look distorted when you see the panel of Deku kicking at him.

That doesn’t matter, you said 5% Deku’s High 8-C feats were not consistent didn’t you? Well he scales to actual manga feats. So that argument is shot, assuming that’s what it was.

Why does that matter though? That’s like saying no one has punched Sato, therefore the scene of Chimera punching him shows the Movies are inconsistent. I don’t understand this line of reasoning if light speed is not your argument.

Back