• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

That wasn’t an argument. It was a question. I simply don’t think the writing of Vigilantes is as consistent as the main manga’s. MHA has multiple characters faster than sound, it’s just more consistent since they’re all upper tiers.

Stop being bothersome. It’s doing nothing for you. You’re being uncivil. Do it again and I’ll report you.

Last edited:
45% Deku = High Hypersonic meanwhile 100% deku = high hypersonic on the same exact page how does that make sense? I’m telling you mha is literally MHS. 45% deku is high hypersonic and that’s not even half of OFA being used and your telling me the remaining other half is only MHS? Meanwhile he’s shown blitzing a lightning timer alongside Bakugou

It says High Hypersonic with 45, MASSIVELY hypersonic with 100%. 45% Deku is already a higher tier being outside of the highest tier of the verses like AFO, Shigaraki, etc.

It’d be kind of hard for Deku or Bakugo to blitz a lightning timer considering no lightning timer exists in the verse. Any proof?

It says High Hypersonic with 45, MASSIVELY hypersonic with 100%. 45% Deku is already a higher tier being outside of the highest tier of the verses like AFO, Shigaraki, etc.

It’d be kind of hard for Deku or Bakugo to blitz a lightning timer considering no lightning timer exists in the verse. Any proof?
done arguing with you scroll up and read what I sent about nine and his lightning and how he had a aura that literally grants him a speed boost clearly. Jus like how the tornados he rides granted him the movement boost etc. on top of him str8 up reacting to his own lightning by using a barrier it’s clear at this point there all lightning timers. Even Kaminari lol

Prove Nine’s aura granted him a speed boost, as opposed as to using it as defence, or simply because the animators wanted it to look cool.

Pack it up boys, we gotta make a CRT and upgrade every character to “at least lightspeed reactions” since Toru can make an aura of light around her. Get on that.

• 45% = High Hypersonic correct
• 100% >>> 45% which is also less than half of 100%
• Deku’s High Hypersonic speeds = 45% now + or x another 45% and what would you get? Idk I jus want to kno. If it’s MHS it’d still be less than 100% and I’m not even mentioning Full Cowl

Prove Nine’s aura granted him a speed boost, as opposed as to using it as defence, or simply because the animators wanted it to look cool.
Pls stop saying that stupidity. “The animators wanted it to look cool”. If you scroll up I literally got on somebody else bumper for that exact statement and he has yet to respond. That being a possibility in your brain truly baffles me lmaoo

Pls stop saying that stupidity. “The animators wanted it to look cool”. If you scroll up I literally got on somebody else bumper for that exact statement and he has yet to respond. That being a possibility in your brain truly baffles me lmaoo
Please show me the guidebook that states Nine can amp his speed with lightning. Or show me where in the movie where he goes faster when using lightning. Are you allergic in doing so? Show me a gif, or a video, or an imgur, or SOMETHING.

I also already proved it. Nine using weather manipulation creates tornados to give him a flight advantage and speed boost, clearly hence why he was able to dodge 100% FC attacks from the both of them. He then added the lightning aura which he gained the ability to do after injecting the serum, to go even faster it makes sense literally. When he did this he got overwhelmed at the end

Please show me the guidebook that states Nine can amp his speed with lightning. Or show me where in the movie where he goes faster when using lightning. Are you allergic in doing so? Show me a gif, or a video, or an imgur, or SOMETHING.
I literally gave a moment when he reacted to his own lightning by creating a barrier. I gave another moment with a literal link showing frame by frame how kaminari literally jumped into the vicinity of where the lightning strike hit. Making him easily MHS+ I also gave you evidence on how when using his weather abilities he gains speed boost via the tornados he creates to give him flight advantage and the speed to dodge 100% attacks since he clearly wasn’t capable of doing either lol before that. Like I said it’s too easy making this claim and there’s literally zero disproof

Last edited:
Wait, so.

If Nine with only tornados was around the same speed as 100% Deku and Bakugo to the point where they weren’t blitzting him and were even struggling to stay ahead of his attacks.

How can he then amp his speed AGAIN and Deku and Bakugo don’t percieve any difference in the speed, and instantly defeat him with singular attacks?

I literally gave a moment when he reacted to his own lightning by creating a barrier. I gave another moment with a literal link showing frame by frame how kaminari literally jumped into the vicinity of where the lightning strike hit. Making him easily MHS+ I also gave you evidence on how when using his weather abilities he gains speed boost via the tornados he creates to give him flight advantage and the speed to dodge 100% attacks since he clearly wasn’t capable of doing either lol. Like I said it’s too easy making this claim and there’s literally zero disproof
No, you SAID of a moment, you didn’t SHOW the moment.

Show me some imgur links. Next reply. Go.

”there’s literally zero disproof”

Okay. The entire verse is now FTL since Toru has a natural light aura and people react to and fight on equal footing with her. Disprove it. There’s zero disproof.

No, you SAID of a moment, you didn’t SHOW the moment.

Show me some imgur links. Next reply. Go.

”there’s literally zero disproof”

Okay. The entire verse is now FTL since Toru has a natural light aura and people react to and fight on equal footing with her. Disprove it. There’s zero disproof.
I’ve been saying mha is ftl because unlike other shows aoyamas beam being stated to be light has been consistent throughout the entire series. Which I also explained in this same thread hence why I said scroll up to the prev. pages the facts are all in here buddy 🤝

AtomicSekiro is like one of those Qanon/MAGA people

Like...someone constantly doing mental gymnastics and rationalizing, moving the goal post around, it's the epitome of bad faith arguing. More interested in trying to proclaim a W rather than actually come up with a logical conclusion.
Comparing Sekiro to people who rationalize/justify racism, sexism, and queerphobia on top of not being phased at the idea of whole masses of people dying to their insidious ideology is the epitome of bad faith.

I do get that you are frustrated with Sekiro and the way they communicate, I have problems with them too, but for goodness sake do not bring up those ******* people in order to paint a debater in a certain way.

Wait. Kashin.

All the students are lightspeed, yet ONE HUNDRED PERCENT, ALL MIGHT LEVEL Deku and Bakugo are struggling with a “lightning timer”?

… lol…

Wait. Kashin.

All the students are lightspeed, yet ONE HUNDRED PERCENT, ALL MIGHT LEVEL Deku and Bakugo are struggling with a “lightning timer”?

… lol…
Entire verse has everything move faster which makes sense since the entirety of the verse is superhuman 🤝. Nine Lightning > Aoyama lightspeed beam

Ahh, yes. MHA is in the future. So natural lightning is faster in the future. Makes sense. You totally have proof to that claim, yes?

Ahh, yes. MHA is in the future. So natural lightning is faster in the future. Makes sense. You totally have proof to that claim, yes?
Yes my proof is it:
1 being a superhuman society so everything was amped indefinitely.
2 it literally being faster than aoyama light laserbeam
3. It’s already stated in the manga they’d are so Advanced especially in the medical field

“because to make rat arguments like this is just pathetic.” was your response to me asking a question. That’s civil?
Yes youre arguing a narrative makes no sense because someone faster than sound is depicted as slower than sound via the sound traveling faster than him. Using that same narrative argument any verse with people faster than sound being able to talk to each other mid battle isnt faster than sound.
Thats why its a rat statement as even I know that you know this. But i was told to drop it so ima drop it

No, I asked a question due what I saw was a writing flaw in Vigilantes. I moved onto a new discussion, like I said multiple times, yet you keep bringing up the old one. Move on.

No idea. Kashin hasn’t responded for awhile so i assume he’s taking his time gathering all the databooks and chapters and compiling them into an imgur link to prove MHA is lightspeed like he claims.

Has anyone calc that one scene where nine produces that lightning around himself then shoots it out then his dragons were shot out towards the POV

What would you even calc? He held lightning between his hands, but he didn’t shoot out the lightning. It was his dragons. It was just very weirdly animated with a lightning sound effect. I went frame by frame. It’s just stylisation.

Which is why I say not to trust every single scene in the movies as if Horikoshi himself looked over every single frame and went ”Mmmm, yes, this is 100% accurate to the manga in terms of the power scale, because I am a powerscaler who uses math to figure out how strong my characters are, not an artist and writer.”

”Helping when your help isn’t wanted, is the essence of being a hero!”

• Class 1-A tries to help Deku.
  • So, so many people going mad because Deku doesn’t “want” their help but they are trying to help anyway.

Deku gets a taste of his own medicine and everyone loses their minds.

You generally need a speed of 1125 or mach 1 to generate a shock wave so its safe to assume Deku's air bullets are moving in excess to that. Gentle Criminal being able to dodge one at point blank range but still admitted Deku at 5% was faster than he is.
It was 8% not 5

How does this work if Overclock is faster than sound? Some of the writing in Vigilantes doesn’t make too much sense to me. Couldn’t Six just activate Overclock before he jumps off the ground?? What was that INSANE speed feat so long ago where many, many people were frozen in time compared to him and he was walking around them. It’s very inconsistent to me.

Oh wait. MHA is in the future. I guess its future sound where sound travels faster.

I found this really odd too like so do O’clock and Six go at subsonic speeds? How does that work? Did air resistance go down when quirks came about?

What would you even calc? He held lightning between his hands, but he didn’t shoot out the lightning. It was his dragons. It was just very weirdly animated with a lightning sound effect. I went frame by frame. It’s just stylisation.
He was holding lightning in his hands? Ive seen this statement a couple times in this thread but I dont recall this shown.
Anyways, Nine was shown to be visibly angry at Deku and Bakugo. In the same scene we see that he starts to produce lightning/MAYBE electricity around him. A couple deku bakugo friendship scene crap then we see nine standing on top of a tornado (this shows that he not only manipulates the weather but can also create things relating to the weather so him creating lightning wouldnt be inconsistent with anything) then he screams out, we see a bright flash of light, a loud boom such as the sound from lightning (you even conceded to it being the sound of lightning) then several white bolts zigzagging are shown to leave out. Now if you watch frame by frame, you can see that they were not originally dragons as they start to form. Originally they were lightning but then they turned into dragons. I believe by these showings this can qualify as a feat

When Deku and Bakugo first activate OFA together, Nine holds lightning between his hands.

They are dragons. What are you calcing, exactly? Speed of the dragons??

Are you really using the “lightning aura means lightning timer” logic Kashin was doing??

This is simply a STYLISTIC CHOICE. We never see Nine ever form the dragons out of lightning before this scene. Either someone messed up reading the storyboards when they were directing this scene, or it’s a style thing. Even if they ARE made of lightning, Deku and Bakugo are reacting to the fully formed dragons, not the lightning. So what are you calcing?

Back