• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

No idea. Kashin hasn’t responded for awhile so i assume he’s taking his time gathering all the databooks and chapters and compiling them into an imgur link to prove MHA is lightspeed like he claims.
Entirely forgot about this. In the recent
When Deku and Bakugo first activate OFA together, Nine holds lightning between his hands.

They are dragons. What are you calcing, exactly? Speed of the dragons??

Are you really using the “lightning aura means lightning timer” logic Kashin was doing??

This is simply a STYLISTIC CHOICE. We never see Nine ever form the dragons out of lightning before this scene. Either someone messed up reading the storyboards when they were directing this scene, or it’s a style thing. Even if they ARE made of lightning, Deku and Bakugo are reacting to the fully formed dragons, not the lightning. So what are you calcing?

Use ur brain pal. It’s endgame it’s go big or go home, he used the serum which literally made him do everything he was capable of doing plus more. It was already stated he was using 2’quirks at once by having the shield work side with air pressure attacks. If it wasn’t touché and once I again like I said earlier stop saying it was a stylistic choice that’s literally the dumbest shit I’ve seen on here. Don’t use that as a way to push this horrible “not lightning etc” agenda u got going on. Lastly we’re not calling the dragons we already know their speed is massively hypersonic+, the man uses lightning naturally when he absorbed the serum he gained the ability to manipulate lightning. If your trying to argue that it isn’t mhs that’s literally hilarious 🤣

I found this really odd too like so do O’clock and Six go at subsonic speeds? How does that work? Did air resistance go down when quirks came about?
Basically O'Clock/Six's movement speed is way lower than their perception speed due to air resistance.

At the end of the day Overclock has always been more about brain speed than body speed.

Of course I still don't think Six is subsonic in raw movement speed cause Koichi himself is already supersonic. However, one can say he doesn't move around at his top speed while running around cause of the air resistance thing.

But now that I think about it, Koichi and Six might have been moving at subsonic speeds here cause when Koichi went supersonic, he was mid-air and made numerous sonic booms but here while gliding on the ground he isn't making similar sonic booms.

Show me where Nine has shot lightning from his body as a weapon like Kaminari. I’ll wait.

He isn’t using lightning here, it’s DRAGONS. What is so hard to understand there? It can’t be calced. There’s literally nothing TO calc. It’s DRAGONS. It’s a STYLE choice. Like Deku running so fast he turns into literal energy.

Also, prove Nine’s lightning around his body is actual natural lightning, and not something similar to Deku and Bakugo’s OFA energy that surrounds them.

Also show me where Deku or Bakugo react to this lightning after it’s been fired from Nine, without it turning into dragons.

Also, also, the sound lightning is caused by the rapid expansion of the air surrounding the path of a lightning bolt. So even through there is a loud rumble sound when Nine creates the dragons, that isn’t evidence of it being lightning, nor is it evidence of them being the speed of lightning. It’s simply the sound of the dragons forming fast enough to make a similar sound. Unless you can PROVE otherwise.

Show me where Nine has shot lightning from his body as a weapon like Kaminari. I’ll wait.

He isn’t using lightning here, it’s DRAGONS. What is so hard to understand there? It can’t be calced. There’s literally nothing TO calc. It’s DRAGONS. It’s a STYLE choice. Like Deku running so fast he turns into literal energy.

Also, prove Nine’s lightning around his body is actual natural lightning, and not something similar to Deku and Bakugo’s OFA energy that surrounds them.

Also show me where Deku or Bakugo react to this lightning after it’s been fired from Nine, without it turning into dragons.
-never said he shot lightning out his body but I’ll defend that to. Since the man gained the ability to manipulate lightning ofc he’d combine the lightning with the dragons to give a speed boost, this makes sense since they were seen destroying these same dragons prior to FC 100% and with less than 100% Next.
  • the proof it’s natural lightning is literally in our faces. He used natural cloud to ground lightning his entire life up until now, once going thru quirk evolution he gained the ability to not only control weather but manipulate lightning. Why it couldn’t be anything other than true lightning is because that’s what he normally used, after using it so long it makes sense he knows how to manipulate it off rip.
  • lastly when the guy who sent the pic of nine literally infusing lightning with the dragons after that whole sequence you get the final tally. Where deku and Bakugou are both side by side running towards him charging final attacks, during that interval nine is literally seen launching himself with literal white lightning bolts sizzling out of his backside to increase speed towards them. They literal blitz and overpower him easily. This makes sense as well because like I said earlier it isn’t the first time he’s wanted use the abilities he has to gain a speed increase Ex: using Tornadoes as a means to fly and move faster and dodge 100% FC attacks

Cmon baby it’s too easy. Nine = MHS+ they have it on his vs wiki rn as we speak. Why would they have 2 keys saying MHS+? It literally says Massively hypersonic+ for using cloud to ground lightning. The second key says Massively Hypersonic+ By itself meaning they already know the real and it’s that nine = MHS+ And FC deku and Bakugou => Nine

You keep saying nonsense. SHOW. ME. WHAT. I. REQUESTED. YOU. TO.

Use an imgur link. SHOW ME. YOUR PROOF.

You keep saying he “went through quirk evolution”, when was that stated? Show me. Databook or Horikoshi statement. SHOW ME.

Using tornadoes to fly and electricity to fly is not the same thing. Let’s ASSUME that he is, SOMEHOW, VIA MAGIC, to use electricity to boost his reactions and speed. Clearly it isn’t by very much; since he could react to and dodge 100% Deku without it, and with it, he couldnt dodge a single kick from Deku.

Is there, like, a rule on here on people refusing to show any proof for anything they claim? And can I report someone for breaking that rule??

This is a joke. Because I have to specify that now apparently.
/Mostly/.

Cmon baby it’s too easy. Nine = MHS+ they have it on his vs wiki rn as we speak. Why would they have 2 keys saying MHS+? It literally says Massively hypersonic+ for using cloud to ground lightning. The second key says Massively Hypersonic+ By itself meaning they already know the real and it’s that nine = MHS+ And FC deku and Bakugou => Nine
He’s massively hypersonic with the lightning he nor do Deku or Bakugo scale to, since it doesn’t come from HIM, it comes from the clouds he manipulates.

This is like saying if I shot a gun, I scale to the speed of the bullet.

Can you show a single frame of animation of someone reacting to the lightning as it is moving in the air towards them? Not after, not before, not during.

When Deku and Bakugo first activate OFA together, Nine holds lightning between his hands.
I looked at the image and I still dont see any lightning he is holding. I see him with his hands up then him throwing them to his side, a way to power up. Shown a lot in dragon ball.
They are dragons. What are you calcing, exactly? Speed of the dragons??
The dragons before being fully formed/transformed into dragons are depicted as lightning for several reasons I have listed before. If you feel they are invalid please give reasoning for it.
The calc itself would be the dragons that were shot at the POV while the lightning was still shown to be traveling outwards.
(Distance dragon moved x speed of lightning)/distance lightning moved.
This is simply a STYLISTIC CHOICE. We never see Nine ever form the dragons out of lightning before this scene. Either someone messed up reading the storyboards when they were directing this scene, or it’s a style thing. Even if they ARE made of lightning, Deku and Bakugo are reacting to the fully formed dragons, not the lightning. So what are you calcing?
Nor do we see him simply create a tornado out of thin air to stand on (without spinning really fast to form a vortex. Ive already went over this form of argument before you even typed it, lol.
Arguing he never done this before doesnt mean it cant exist, even without arguing it’s consistency, the scene still happened and its dictated as lightning. I advise you take a second and more closer look at my argument.
The fully formed Dragons moved a much farther distance than the lightning. That would be the calc and both Deku and Bakugo are shown blitzing the fully formed dragon but i wont calc that bc calc stacking

You keep saying nonsense. SHOW. ME. WHAT. I. REQUESTED. YOU. TO.

Use an imgur link. SHOW ME. YOUR PROOF.

You keep saying he “went through quirk evolution”, when was that stated? Show me. Databook or Horikoshi statement. SHOW ME.

Using tornadoes to fly and electricity to fly is not the same thing. Let’s ASSUME that he is, SOMEHOW, VIA MAGIC, to use electricity to boost his reactions and speed. Clearly it isn’t by very much; since he could react to and dodge 100% Deku without it, and with it, he couldnt dodge a single kick from Deku.
Like I said earlier buddy use your brain.
I looked at the image and I still dont see any lightning he is holding. I see him with his hands up then him throwing them to his side, a way to power up. Shown a lot in dragon ball.

The dragons before being fully formed/transformed into dragons are depicted as lightning for several reasons I have listed before. If you feel they are invalid please give reasoning for it.
The calc itself would be the dragons that were shot at the POV while the lightning was still shown to be traveling outwards.
(Distance dragon moved x speed of lightning)/distance lightning moved.

Nor do we see him simply create a tornado out of thin air to stand on (without spinning really fast to form a vortex. Ive already went over this form of argument before you even typed it, lol.
Arguing he never done this before doesnt mean it cant exist, even without arguing it’s consistency, the scene still happened and its dictated as lightning. I advise you take a second and more closer look at my argument.
The fully formed Dragons moved a much farther distance than the lightning. That would be the calc and both Deku and Bakugo are shown blitzing the fully formed dragon but i wont calc that bc calc stacking
do me a favor and calc that 4 me you don’t need 2 input anything I jus wanna kno the end result

He’s massively hypersonic with the lightning he nor do Deku or Bakugo scale to, since it doesn’t come from HIM, it comes from the clouds he manipulates.

This is like saying if I shot a gun, I scale to the speed of the bullet.

Can you show a single frame of animation of someone reacting to the lightning as it is moving in the air towards them? Not after, not before, not during.
What are u talking about. He’s massively hypersonic+ twice one because he can use it from the clouds he emits and the other key is because he gained the ability to freely use it

Then maybe you should’ve actually looked at the scene I specified:

Your reasons are invalid, for the reasons I said before. Nice argument, so I’ve just repeated it back to you.

It’s not lightning. It’s dragons. There is nothing to calc here. Literally nothing. It’s a stylistic choice because “rule of cool!” and never happened before. Nine making tornadoes is something he didn’t do before but at least there was a basic for it; he literally swirls storms around in the sky several times before this final fight. Tornados are just tiny versions of that.

There is no lightning here that Nine is shooting. He literally never shows this ability you’ve made up for him during, before or after this scene. This is literally JUST a style choice. He can have a lightning aura but he literally never does anything with it so there is nothing to calc nor is there a reason to calc it as no one ever scales to anything involving lightning in the entire franchise. Ever.

Go to 1:29 in the movie and notice how only when he truly taps into the final tally u see him emit the lightning aura. This is after he tries to destroy the islands, You see purple grow on his body which means he’s literally giving his all which is using everything within his Arsenal to Win which once again makes sense. Use ur brain pal, when he brings the storm down u literally see lightning within his palm once again

I like how Kashin can just say “use your brain BUDDY” in a really condescending way instead of showing any proof that I’ve requested from him several times and not be reprimanded for it once. Very swell.

The purple glow is his cells dying.

He can swirl lightning around him, yes. He literally never uses it to attack. So no one scales to it.

Show me an imgur link of any character in the franchise reacting to natural lightning.

Ive given that scan and have multiple valid reason to why it would be lightning. I even showed him producing lighting around his body before shooting all over it place. Are you ignoring that?
Once again, ive given multiple reason that suggests that they were originally lightning. Are you ignoring that?
Deku turned into literal energy? Not sure if you can validate your argument using that scene as this was Deku moving super fast and the electricity around him was also moving that fast.
Is there anything suggesting it would be different. Plus you are the one claiming its not, the burden is on you. Stop trying to shift the burden of proof.
His quirk is to control the weather and after using the serum he was shown to be able to create the weather (he creates a tornado to float on) so everything points to it being natural if youre gonna argue against that then its your job to disprove it.

Also, also, the sound lightning is caused by the rapid expansion of the air surrounding the path of a lightning bolt. So even through there is a loud rumble sound when Nine creates the dragons, that isn’t evidence of it being lightning, nor is it evidence of them being the speed of lightning. It’s simply the sound of the dragons forming fast enough to make a similar sound. Unless you can PROVE otherwise.
Deku and Bakugo reacted to the dragons, which were shown to be faster than the lightning. Thats the feat I was going to calc.

The loud thunder sound from lightning is caused from the air around it being heated at the speed its moving. The fact that it creates a bright flash like lightning, looks like lightning and creates the boom which would require the properties of lightning all suggests that its lightning. Lol.
You also ask me to prove otherwise when you made the claim without any supporting evidence. What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Im sure you know that term very well

Like I said earlier buddy use your brain.

do me a favor and calc that 4 me you don’t need 2 input anything I jus wanna kno the end result
Alr ill do multiple ends. The low end using the distance the furthest bolt traveled, the mid end being pretty much another bolt that was pretty “average” on the distance and the high end being the shortest range one of the bolts moved

You showed no scan. You showed me Nine making dragons. I’m asking for LIGHTNING.

Yes, there is a difference. One is natural lightning and the other is not natural lightning. So show me proof that it’s natural, cloud-to-ground lightning Nine is using here.

Deku and Bakugo reacted to dragons, in a scene where there is no lightning. What are you talking about? The BLUE is, gasp, DRAGONS, the BLUE DRAGONS that Deku and Bakugo dodge, in the scene where they dodge NO LIGHTNING.

Ive given that scan and have multiple valid reason to why it would be lightning. I even showed him producing lighting around his body before shooting all over it place. Are you ignoring that?

Once again, ive given multiple reason that suggests that they were originally lightning. Are you ignoring that?
Deku turned into literal energy? Not sure if you can validate your argument using that scene as this was Deku moving super fast and the electricity around him was also moving that fast.

Is there anything suggesting it would be different. Plus you are the one claiming its not, the burden is on you. Stop trying to shift the burden of proof.
His quirk is to control the weather and after using the serum he was shown to be able to create the weather (he creates a tornado to float on) so everything points to it being natural if youre gonna argue against that then its your job to disprove it.

Deku and Bakugo reacted to the dragons, which were shown to be faster than the lightning. Thats the feat I was going to calc.

The loud thunder sound from lightning is caused from the air around it being heated at the speed its moving. The fact that it creates a bright flash like lightning, looks like lightning and creates the boom which would require the properties of lightning all suggests that its lightning. Lol.
You also ask me to prove otherwise when you made the claim without any supporting evidence. What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Im sure you know that term very well
Cmon it’s too easy baby. Nine mhs+ ftw on top of that I’ve literally been giving him exact times on the stuff I’m bringing up frm the movie so he can fact check it but he simply says “I’m providing zero info” I can’t send pics because this site won’t allow phones to do that If it can I’ll gladly send literal pics of wat I’ve been describing.

You showed no scan. You showed me Nine making dragons. I’m asking for LIGHTNING.
In which I proved those dragons while forming are depicted as lightning. You havent refuted that notion at all. Hell you havent even addressed it. Ive given several arguments that you have literally skipped over and have been ignoring.
Yes, there is a difference. One is natural lightning and the other is not natural lightning. So show me proof that it’s natural, cloud-to-ground lightning Nine is using here.
By natural lighting I assume you are talking about lightning in nature such as from a cloud. You understand this is caused from a negative charge reacting to a positive charge right? Meaning “artificial lightning” would not be anything different from this as it is still lightning.
He controls the weather and then gained to the ability to control properties of the weather. He creates lightning. Nothing suggests that it would be any different than “natural lightning”. Note youre making the claim of it not being the same speed of lightning, so its your job to provide evidence supporting that claim not my job.
Im going to ignore that last portion until you actually read my other arguments

Cmon it’s too easy baby. Nine mhs+ ftw on top of that I’ve literally been giving him exact times on the stuff I’m bringing up frm the movie so he can fact check it but he simply says “I’m providing zero info” I can’t send pics because this site won’t allow phones to do that If it can I’ll gladly send literal pics of wat I’ve been describing.
If you have discord you can send an image, hold on it, copy the link then post the link here for the scans. Or u can use imgur

I am once again asking for VISUAL PROOF of any character in the franchise reacting to actual, natural lightning.

I’m for the final time saying this. They reacted:
1. Reacted to nines lightning infused dragons.
2. They blitzed nine with a literal lightning aura which granted him lightning timer speed.
3. Kaminari literally reacts to lightning while being nowhere in the shown vicinity. He jus appears where the lightning was summoned like a god so finally for the last time MHS+ MHA 🙏😎

I am once again asking for VISUAL PROOF of any character in the franchise reacting to actual, natural lightning.

It being generated from someone with control over weather and properties generated from it would make it normal lightning. Unless there is something suggesting that its not like lightning which would mean its not lightning.
You have yet to provide evidence contradicting it being lightning speed since youre claiming its not and if you would read my arguments you would see why them reacting to the dragons is impressive

And I already proved that they’re not made of lightnjng which you keep ignoring. We can do this cat and mouse argument all day. We’re both using the same logic. We can stalemate till the end of time.

The dragons are not lightning.
The dragons are not made from lightning.

It is a stylistic shot in a stylistic fight.

Even if ALL of your DEBUNKED “evidence” is true… it’s an outlier. So it means nothing.

Please, stop being so roundabout, and show me an actual lightning timing feat.

And I already proved that they’re not made of lightnjng which you keep ignoring. We can do this cat and mouse argument all day. We’re both using the same logic. We can stalemate till the end of time.
You have not proved they werent made of lightning at all. If you truly believe you did that quote that response and ill debunk it again for you.
You claimed it creating thunder doesnt equate to anything while ignoring the fact that thunder is generated from intense heat and the speed of lightning pushing the cool air away. The fact that this is what is depicted in that scene makes it like lightning, you havent refuted that.
You also claim since its “not natural” its not the speed if lightning. You would first need to prove it being non “natural” would make it any slower than “natural” lightning.
Lighting is the result of a negative charge reacting to a positive charge, i gave a source for this. If someone is capable of causing this reaction to happen at will, then it would literally classify as lightning regardless of what you believe.

I like how you can even see the little gaps where the dragon’s jaws are.

But, naahhh, “totally real lightning and totally a real lightning timing feat. Stylisation doesn’t exist in anime, everything is literal, Horikoshi went over every single frame in this movie before release”.

The dragons are not lightning.
The dragons are not made from lightning.

It is a stylistic shot in a stylistic fight.

Even if ALL of your DEBUNKED “evidence” is true… it’s an outlier. So it means nothing.

Please, stop being so roundabout, and show me an actual lightning timing feat.
Im ignoring? Ive literally quoted and left a response to every argument directed towards me you have made. If anything youre the one ignoring arguments as you still don’t understand why deku and bakugo reacting to the dragons is impressive. It was a large chuck of my premise and the most important. Until you can tell me exactly what I said during that arrange of words, ill take it youre either cherry picking or ignoring my argument.

Basically O'Clock/Six's movement speed is way lower than their perception speed due to air resistance.

At the end of the day Overclock has always been more about brain speed than body speed.

Of course I still don't think Six is subsonic in raw movement speed cause Koichi himself is already supersonic. However, one can say he doesn't move around at his top speed while running around cause of the air resistance thing.

But now that I think about it, Koichi and Six might have been moving at subsonic speeds here cause when Koichi went supersonic, he was mid-air and made numerous sonic booms but here while gliding on the ground he isn't making similar sonic booms.
The problem with this is we’ve seen Six pull off some really good feats that need very high travel speed so to struggle here and need to go on all fours just makes no sense

I have had enough of this. If you want to bring this topic to another thread, your message walls, or whereever else possible then I sincerely beg you to do so. This silly discussion has gotten everyone nowhere with some taking jabs at one another to "prove" a point while others have to constantly put up with their nonsense, get upset, and, like the former, forget that this is a space they share with other people and all run the risk of bringing discomfort to us.

I will not stay and witness people pointing fingers at one another nor will I bat an eye to those who refuse to hold themselves accountable for their misdeeds.

GN.

I like how you can even see the little gaps where the dragon’s jaws are.

But, naahhh, “totally real lightning and totally a real lightning timing feat. Stylisation doesn’t exist in anime, everything is literal, Horikoshi went over every single frame in this movie before release”.

And thats where you clearly show you havent been paying attention to any of my arguments at all. These are the dragons while they are in the middle of forming, which caused a bright flash, like lightning, generated thunder, which lightning does due to its nature, and was even zigzagging before which is what lightning is depicted as. Further evidence supporting this isnt just an “stylistic choice” (something you would have to prove) is the fact that he is shown to generate properties of the weather (the tornado hes floating on) and the fact that as time goes on, they start to fully turn into the dragon

I have had enough of this. If you want to bring this topic to another thread, your message walls, or whereever else possible then I sincerely beg you to do so. This silly discussion has gotten everyone nowhere with some taking jabs at one another to "prove" a point while others have to constantly put up with their nonsense, get upset, and, like the former, forget that this is a space they share with other people and all run the risk of bringing discomfort to us.

I will not stay and witness people pointing fingers at one another nor will I bat an eye to those who refuse to hold themselves accountable for their misdeeds.

GN.
So concession?
Ill make a ctr then. Ill will not make any further responses to this subject until the CTR

Guys... This isn't a CRT.

There shouldn't be this much arguing going on.
True but every crt I’ve ever made I’ve been saying the exact same thing I’m saying now. No one has disproved it but it ends up being closed and for what reason? Nine being mhs+ makes sense, it’s clear majority of mha would scale due to Kaminari reacting to it

True but every crt I’ve ever made I’ve been saying the exact same thing I’m saying now. No one has disproved it but it ends up being closed and for what reason? Nine being mhs+ makes sense, it’s clear majority of mha would scale due to Kaminari reacting to it
Have you considered that could be an outlier? Izuku needs 5% One For All to be able to react to gunfire, but Kaminari is hundreds of times faster than him?

Back