• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Question:

Which MHA character(s) has the most capacity to change the Earth's rotation? Even if just a little.

I'd say Ochako if she evel lived up to 1% of her potential. She's the one with the gravity manip quirk.
I just realized that by slowing down the Earth's rotation by just 0.1%, MHA would be High 6-A. Depending on how they do it.

I would prefer an official translation only if one exists. If not, I’d prefer to stick to the official manga’s description of the technique. Fan translation things lead to inaccurate data.
Japanese translation includes the kanji for shock-wave. Also, you'd have to provide evidence the fan translation is incorrect.

You generally need a speed of 1125 or mach 1 to generate a shock wave so its safe to assume Deku's air bullets are moving in excess to that. Gentle Criminal being able to dodge one at point blank range but still admitted Deku at 5% was faster than he is.

Wait why exactly are we scaling Best Jeanist's durability to an attack that easily ripped a large hole in his torso, KOed him, cost him one of his lungs, and took him out of hero work for an extended period of time?

You generally need a speed of 1125 or mach 1 to generate a shock wave so its safe to assume Deku's air bullets are moving in excess to that. Gentle Criminal being able to dodge one at point blank range but still admitted Deku at 5% was faster than he is.
I thought this deku was at 20%

Because he took one and then went down to the second. The first one would have killed Mt. Lady, so he's really just significantly above her.
Wait why exactly are we scaling Best Jeanist's durability to an attack that easily ripped a large hole in his torso, KOed him, cost him one of his lungs, and took him out of hero work for an extended period of time?

Because he took one and then went down to the second. The first one would have killed Mt. Lady, so he's really just significantly above her.
This. He took the first one (was damaged but it was all external damage and nothing too major) but got slapped by the small finger blast

Do we have a manga panel visually showing him being hit by the first? Cause the anime just shows him moving everyone out of the way and then shows him on the ground.

Being wrecked THAT badly by the second air canon makes me not so sure about his dura rating.

There's no way Jeanist avoided the attack, he was injured and even the others he threw away were injured by it as well. AFO stated he moved everyone else out of the way and made no mention of him avoiding it, and Jeanist is still right in front of AFO just further back.

He's visibly injured by the attack so yes he was hit by it.

Do we have a manga panel visually showing him being hit by the first? Cause the anime just shows him moving everyone out of the way and then shows him on the ground.

Being wrecked THAT badly by the second air canon makes me not so sure about his dura rating.
Tsunagu managed to grab everyone and toss them out of the way (although, they were still rendered unconscious), but he was in the center of the path of destruction. He took the blast and was still conscious and capable of rising to his feet, but he was damaged greatly.

Thanks for giving me a reason to revisit those chapters, by the way. I have the evidence I need to remove Fear Manipulation from All For One's page now.

I still don't like Jeanist having 8-A dura for that considering the only time we did see him get directly hit by AC he got immediately taken out of the fight. Have we really reached the point that we scale people for getting two-shotted instead of one-shotted?

But whatever I guess, I probably can't change it anyways.

He isn't really scaling to the attack, it's the fact that Mount Lady, a 8-A character. Would've died had she taken the blast head on, and Jeanist didn't die from it.

Now maybe there's some issues with that, maybe Mount Lady could've survived it. However Mount Lady was thrown aside and she didn't get directly hit, but was heavily injured and unconscious. While Best Jeanist took similar damage from a direct hit and was able to stay conscious.

Oh, then that's fine then. If Mount Lady is used as supporting evidence that's fine then. If Jeanist was scaling to air cannon alone that would be problematic.

If Deku was born with a quirk, what would it be? How good would it be? How would he use it? What would people think of it? Etcetera etcetera.

You can come up with anything so long as it relates to his parents quirks. Can be powerful or "weak," it does not matter.

Uhh since Dekus dad can breathe fire Deku could transform into a Dragon and human hybrid which can fly but doesnt need wing since Inkos quirk would allow him to move himself freely instead of how she can only attract small objects to her. This would be a pretty huge difference but better than just making him a knockoff fire bender I guess

Uraraka touches the ground and uses her quirk on the earth, stopping earth’s rotation and instantly killing all human life due to the effects of what would happen if you actually stopped the rotation of the earth.

It took me a bit to realise that All Might’s car is at Kamino in the latest chapter. You can see Todoroki’s ice pillar in the distance with the car.

Inb4 Deku accidentally bumps into All Might as he’s trying to get away from the class and kills him.

Im sorry, but, i do not know if I am not being clear enough, I do not care anymore if they reacted or not, I want you to explain to me what is that marked with red in the image if the electricity did not reach them?

""So you’re saying Aizawa can move several metres away faster than he can simply THINK and activate the neurons in his brain to turn his quirk ON, when he’s ALREADY STARING at the target? Absolute insanity. "" Yes, i know, that is why I ask you, why do you think Aizawa moved away from the enemy, that according to you, first he only covered a little electricity an later discharge more, instead of only erasing his quirk? because that's what YOU are saying

What I'm saying is that the villain discharged all his electricity, Aizawa noticed that, and since he cannot logically erase something that was already produced with a quirk, he had to dodge it.

And again, Overclock clearly didn't say that, if those punches were unable to hit him, wouldn't it be impossible to find an opening, what kind of logic is that?
And again, yes, overclocking is faster, it doesn't change the fact that Rappa's punches were perceived as somewhat faster than how he see bullets.

Nice, didn't know about Aizawa dodging an electrical attack.

If Aizawa dodged an electrical attack, please upgrade my page to “at least supersonic reaction and movement speed” because I did the same thing he did. Saw a generator spewing electrical currents, jumped away, and I didn’t get shocked. I must be super fast. I should do MMA.

But I already said “end of that discussion” before, so I ain’t discussing it again.

Last edited:
If Aizawa dodged an electrical attack, please upgrade my page to “at least supersonic reaction and movement speed” because I did the same thing he did. Saw a generator spewing electrical currents, jumped away, and I didn’t get shocked. I must be super fast. I should do MMA.
Hope this is bait at this point not even funny
I was neutral towards that discussion but now i dont think ur being serious at all

I was neutral towards that discussion but now i dont think ur being serious at all
That was the only joke I made, with some logic sprinkled in.

If Aizawa backs off after seeing a threat clesrly beginning to be threatening, before the threat even attacks, and THEN the threat attacks, he is not reacting to or dodging anything.

The only reason he didn’t get shocked whilst the civilians nearby did, is because he isn’t touching the ground in the scene. He’s in the air. No one here can show him moving at the same time of the electricity. No one can show me any other character reacting to electricity. End of discussion.

If Aizawa backs off after seeing a threat clesrly beginning to be threatening, before the threat even attacks, and THEN the threat attacks, he is not reacting to or dodging anything. End of discussion.

BTW
I noticed you never responded to Ultimate_Invader_Pendulum post and decided to take the L

I know you WANT the discussion to end but it certainly isn't because you managed to prove a point

AtomicSekiro is like one of those Qanon/MAGA people

Like...someone constantly doing mental gymnastics and rationalizing, moving the goal post around, it's the epitome of bad faith arguing. More interested in trying to proclaim a W rather than actually come up with a logical conclusion.

I’m not replying to him because I said “end of discussion” several times. Maybe people get kind of tired of asking for actual evidence several times and getting none, so they stop replying. Such as, “show me when someone reacted to the electricity”.

AtomicSekiro is like one of those Qanon/MAGA people

Like...someone constantly doing mental gymnastics and rationalizing, moving the goal post around, it's the epitome of bad faith arguing. More interested in trying to proclaim a W rather than actually come up with a logical conclusion.
???

Pretty sure this breaks a rule somewhere. Be civil. I have a differing opinion than you and don’t think the characters who can’t react to bullets cannot react to electricity.

Anyways,

End of discussion.

New discussion: did Deku destroy Dark Shadow or simply “unwind” him? Ragnarok: Womb seems to be a technique where he wraps around himself a lot of times, and Deku broke free. Dark Shadow seems to be able to reform himself no matter how much he’s “damaged”, if he can even be damaged.

If Aizawa backs off after seeing a threat clesrly beginning to be threatening, before the threat even attacks, and THEN the threat attacks, he is not reacting to or dodging anything.

The only reason he didn’t get shocked whilst the civilians nearby did, is because he isn’t touching the ground in the scene. He’s in the air. No one here can show him moving at the same time of the electricity. No one can show me any other character reacting to electricity. End of discussion.
Thats not what we are shown at all. Aizawa attempts to tie up the villain, then he suddenly powers up and Aizawa begins questioning whats going on, which implies he was caught off guard by said power up.
Soon after he shoots a flash of electricity and Aizawa is blinded by it. In the same scene of him being blinded we see particles of the electricity in front of Aizawa which shows that the bolts are close to him as the particles are only shown around the bolts. Then we see him dashing backwards to avoid the electricity. Aizawa is shown to be the closest to the eel mf, yet the electricity is shown to hit these guys before it could touch aizawa (those bolts traveled larger distances, even further than where aizawa was shown at so him “aim dodging” wouldn’t work) which quite literally means he dodged it

How does this work if Overclock is faster than sound? Some of the writing in Vigilantes doesn’t make too much sense to me. Couldn’t Six just activate Overclock before he jumps off the ground?? What was that INSANE speed feat so long ago where many, many people were frozen in time compared to him and he was walking around them. It’s very inconsistent to me.

Oh wait. MHA is in the future. I guess its future sound where sound travels faster.

Back