• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Normal users can't ping people like that, not saying you aren't allowed. I mean you literally cannot do it, the ping only works when staff uses it.

Also no, only that specific feat. There's no problem with using the anime as long as the feat cannot be calc from the manga. With in reason that is. We don't accept any anime original scenes, scaling, or feats. They must be feats that happen in the manga, but couldn't be properly calculated.

Here's our page on canon. Now, I've got a lot to say here.

BoS Todoroki is not All Might level at all, his "AP" is not even something he can use to attack with. It's just heat/cold, even if he hits someone with it and they can tank it, they don't scale to that value. That's why I dislike that tiering, since it's not really AP. Also labeling something as 8-A or Low 7-B heat resistances makes no sense. Since that doesn't tell you how hot the flames that person resist is.

Our heat "AP" comes from how much space the fire/heat occupies, this doesn't help you melt or harm people with heat resistance. A 2000 degree fire, that spread across enough area to get Mountain level results won't let you hurt someone who was uninjured while standing in 6000 degree fire, which only got Building level results.

The AP values shouldn't be dropped, since they're useful for series that have a universal energy source like KI or Magic, which can translate that "AP" value to something else. Like an explosion or enhancing their body to punch harder, things like that. But for My Hero, what's the point of labeling Todoroki's ice/fire with Low 7-C or 7-C+?

Endeavor/Dabi/Shoto having Low 7-B or 7-A with Flashfire is fine, because Endeavor has shown that Flashfire can carry physical force/propulsion. Like propelling his punches with enough force to harm a High-End, and being able to clash with Shigaraki's Air Cannon. Which is strong enough to injure Endeavor. So if Endeavor uses his Flashfire to punch someone in the face, that person can scale to Endeavor's AP.
So like should we not use those labels for Shoto since it's inaccurate? Would his profile just be varies with dura neg due to temperature?

You yourself even said it, the air was blown omnidirectional, which doesn’t pull things in, if anything it pushes things away so I don’t understand what point you're trying to make.
First of all, I never even stated the air pulled the clouds in. If you actually read my argument, I said that it was the cyclone that pulled the clouds in. This is just proof that you didn't bother trying to understand most of my argument and just went for a straw man.

“The only logical” as in the only logical reasoning you mean the only reasoning you have deluded yourself into believing? Im quite sure you limiting it to just that reason classify as a false dilemma fallacy.
If you're just going to waste your time biting at my neck while saying I'm committing fallacies left and right, then I can't take you seriously. You have provided no evidence of this whatsoever.

As shown in the video, the clouds are spinning, we agree on that. Take note its stated he created those clouds using his spinning vortex. If said vortex was spinning why wouldnt the clouds it created not spin? Using that same argument, since the vortex’s effect was still in place after it dispersed, then why were the clouds still spinning? The vortex is gone. Your own reasoning goes against you.
Once again, this is proof that you have not in fact, read anything I said. If you paid attention to at least a few of my paragraphs, I said that before the storm even started to form, the cyclone had already died down and dissipated. The cyclone wasn't the thing making the clouds spin because it already disappeared long before the clouds appeared on the screen.

Also, how were the vortex effects still in place, where is your proof for this? You are required to present evidence for anything that requires such. Extradoinariy claims require extradonairy evidence, that's just how it goes. If you don't have any proof/evidence whatsoever? Then this falls under the burden of rejoinder. Literally, we see the vortex dissipate into thin air and then there's silence. At this point? You're just trying to ignore my arguments in favor of your own headcanon.

So youre gonna cherry pick (fallacy) my argument and completely make statements having nothing to do with the argument at hand (red herring) and claim that im going through mental “gymnastics” (Ad hominem).
I beg your pardon?

First of all, claiming that my arguments fall under several logical fallacies doesn't mean anything unless you elaborate on why that is the case. That's like me claiming your argument is fallacious and providing absolutely zero evidence indicating so.

Second of all, Ad Hominem would be an argument/point directed against the person you're arguing against, instead of the positioning they're maintaining. In simpler terms, that means in order for what I said to classify as Ad Hominem, it would have to be a personal attack on you, and clearly, it isn't.

Unlike most examples of Ad Hominem, saying somebody is doing mental gymnastics just boils down to them never conceding, despite literally an entire mountain of evidence suggesting the flaws in their argument. That's not a personal attack on you, it's me pointing out how fallacious the positioning your in is.

The fact that you didn’t attempt to refute my argument shows that you are too dense to accept anything going against your head canon.
If you're just going to resort to insulting me, simply because you have no way to disprove my arguments, then I have no reason to think you're taking this seriously at this point. Especially when you consider all the leaps in logic you've been doing the past few pages.

If what you claim is indeed correct, and these clouds are being pulled in a spinning motion, they wouldn’t be moving in a 360 rotation and I have given very valid reasoning for that.

The fact that they are rotating in a circular motion refuted that notion if being pulled in as things being pulled in doesnt rotate in a 360 degree they all flow towards the middle, something we dont see happening. All we see is the hole from all might’s spinning vortex. If they were pulled in they would slam into the center and combine togethet. Doesnt happen, contradicts your argument.
You know, if you would just pay attention to what I said in my previous message, you would've noticed that it's irrelevant whether or not the clouds would've been pulled into the center and combined. The fact that the clouds are spinning to begin with suggests that something moved/pushed it in.

Funny how you claim im ignoring all your arguments when literally your only argument is “they were spinning so that means they were pulled in” which isnt supported in not only the sourcr material but also isnt shown in the manga.
That's the textbook definition of a strawman.

I said that the fact that they're moving like this at all, means that All Might's cyclone pulled the clouds via it's Kinetic Energy. Not "because the clouds were spinning in a 360 motion, means that they were pulled in by All Might's cyclone." Once again, you took my argument completely out of context.

How would the manga demonstrate clouds spinning? It's basically a hand-drawn, Japanese-styled comic book. It's not like the panels themselves are ******* animated. That's ludicrous. Even disregarding this, the anime's interpretation of things can be used as long as it contradicts nothing from the manga, which it doesn't. Your argument here makes no sense.

As ive said before, if the anime is contradicting the manga when it comes to their feats and its best to disregard it when it comes to the scaling of the series.
But the problem is that the anime isn't contradicting anything here. You haven't provided evidence of this being the case, nor have you even elaborated on why you think this. It's basically headcanon to assume the anime's rendition of this feat is wrong without providing absolutely any reason whatsoever.

If all you're doing to do is take my argument out of context, use your headcanons to support your arguments, and then use fallacious reasoning to try and disprove my own arguments, then it's pointles trying to reason with you.

So like should we not use those labels for Shoto since it's inaccurate? Would his profile just be varies with dura neg due to temperature?
It probably should. I asked this question before but no one answered because it was during the Shigaraki Low 7-B thread.
We know that Flashfire Fist has concussive force, which is why Endeavor has ratings. Shoto's fire doesn't have them prior to learning Flashfire.

Only Ojiro, Momo, Jiro, Tokoyami directly fought Deku this chapter. Shoto also used Heaven Piercing Ice Wall while Tokoyami used Ragnarok to capture Deku. In the end he broke out of them all. Momo seemed to have used some sort of capture armor or something.

Confirmation Danger Sense only activates when there is danger/malice. Kinda explains why Deku didn't register Nagant's first shot to his phone in their fight. Danger Sense didn't activate once during this chapter.

I think this chapter is alright. It seems to patch up on a few of the problems I had with the previous chapter. We did not get to see much Bakugo/Ochako/Iida here but at least Shoto/Tsuyu/Jiro got to say stuff. Next chapter should be the pay off.

Only Ojiro, Momo, Jiro, Tokoyami directly fought Deku this chapter. Shoto also used Heaven Piercing Ice Wall while Tokoyami used Ragnarok to capture Deku. In the end he broke out of them all. Momo seemed to have used some sort of capture armor or something.

Confirmation Danger Sense only activates when there is danger/malice. Kinda explains why Deku didn't register Nagant's first shot to his phone in their fight. Danger Sense didn't activate once during this chapter.
To elaborate on Momo, she created a machine that could capture Deku and she'd put him to sleep after. He probably knew that and immediately broke out.

The poem in question and it's background. There's a lot of stuff in there that directly describes Deku's personality to a T:

Be not Defeated by the Rain
Written by Kenji Miyazawa
Translated by David Sulz

Be not defeated by the rain, Nor let the wind prove your better.
Succumb not to the snows of winter. Nor be bested by the heat of summer.

Be strong in body. Unfettered by desire. Not enticed to anger. Cultivate a quiet joy.
Count yourself last in everything. Put others before you.
Watch well and listen closely. Hold the learned lessons dear.

A thatch-roof house, in a meadow, nestled in a pine grove's shade.

A handful of rice, some miso, and a few vegetables to suffice for the day.

If, to the East, a child lies sick: Go forth and nurse him to health.
If, to the West, an old lady stands exhausted: Go forth, and relieve her of burden.
If, to the South, a man lies dying: Go forth with words of courage to dispel his fear.
If, to the North, an argument or fight ensues:
Go forth and beg them stop such a waste of effort and of spirit.

In times of drought, shed tears of sympathy.
In summers cold, walk in concern and empathy.

Stand aloof of the unknowing masses:
Better dismissed as useless than flattered as a "Great Man".

This is my goal, the person I strive to become.

Background to Ame ni mo makezu

After Miyazawa Kenji's death, a single, black notebook was found in a pocket in the lid of his favourite trunk. This is the famous "Ame ni mo makezu" notebook. The poem is written in midst of his repetitious copying of "namu myoho renge kyo"(*) which shows his earnest nature and his reflections on letting go of the desire for pleasure.

The 11-3 at the beginning of the poem refers to the date, November 3rd, Showa 6 (1931).
At that time, Kenji was lying sick in bed but his handwriting is not what one would expect from a sick person; it is big, bold, and there are nine pages written on both the back and front.

When this "Ame ni mo makezu" was written, we can assume that Kenji probably had a hunch that he was going to die. With such thoughts lingering in his mind, his earnest wish in the last line - "the person I strive to become" - can only strike at our hearts with a deep resonance.
In his later years, he formed the "Rasu Farmers' Association" in order to live in closer harmony with the agriculturists he so admired. In Showa 11 (1936) a stone monument was erected with the opening line - "In the shade of pine-tree grove in the middle of a field …" Even now, many people visit this site.
(The Miyazawa Kenji Memorial Society Foundation)

The poem in question and it's background. There's a lot of stuff in there that directly describes Deku's personality to a T:

Be not Defeated by the Rain
Written by Kenji Miyazawa
Translated by David Sulz

Be not defeated by the rain, Nor let the wind prove your better.
Succumb not to the snows of winter. Nor be bested by the heat of summer.

Be strong in body. Unfettered by desire. Not enticed to anger. Cultivate a quiet joy.
Count yourself last in everything. Put others before you.
Watch well and listen closely. Hold the learned lessons dear.

A thatch-roof house, in a meadow, nestled in a pine grove's shade.

A handful of rice, some miso, and a few vegetables to suffice for the day.

If, to the East, a child lies sick: Go forth and nurse him to health.
If, to the West, an old lady stands exhausted: Go forth, and relieve her of burden.
If, to the South, a man lies dying: Go forth with words of courage to dispel his fear.
If, to the North, an argument or fight ensues:
Go forth and beg them stop such a waste of effort and of spirit.

In times of drought, shed tears of sympathy.
In summers cold, walk in concern and empathy.

Stand aloof of the unknowing masses:
Better dismissed as useless than flattered as a "Great Man".

This is my goal, the person I strive to become.

Background to Ame ni mo makezu

After Miyazawa Kenji's death, a single, black notebook was found in a pocket in the lid of his favourite trunk. This is the famous "Ame ni mo makezu" notebook. The poem is written in midst of his repetitious copying of "namu myoho renge kyo"(*) which shows his earnest nature and his reflections on letting go of the desire for pleasure.

The 11-3 at the beginning of the poem refers to the date, November 3rd, Showa 6 (1931).
At that time, Kenji was lying sick in bed but his handwriting is not what one would expect from a sick person; it is big, bold, and there are nine pages written on both the back and front.

When this "Ame ni mo makezu" was written, we can assume that Kenji probably had a hunch that he was going to die. With such thoughts lingering in his mind, his earnest wish in the last line - "the person I strive to become" - can only strike at our hearts with a deep resonance.
In his later years, he formed the "Rasu Farmers' Association" in order to live in closer harmony with the agriculturists he so admired. In Showa 11 (1936) a stone monument was erected with the opening line - "In the shade of pine-tree grove in the middle of a field …" Even now, many people visit this site.
(The Miyazawa Kenji Memorial Society Foundation)
That’s very beautiful. My appreciation for Deku just went up.

You know Class 1A are trying to get Deku to trust them but he just blatantly overpowered Ragnarok and made DS cry even though he’s exhausted like how will they survive if AFO or a High End comes knocking

Last edited:
You know Class 1A are trying to get Deku to trust them but he just blatantly overpowered Ragnarok and made DE cry even though he’s exhausted like how will they survive if AFO or a High End comes knocking
True. I know they are doing the best they can for him and want to help him in everyway possible, and their efforts are just, but at this point the most they should offer is emotional support. There is absolutely nothing they can do about the likes of AFO/Shigaraki who are still growing stronger together with the LOVs. Any attempt at helping Midoriya would just end up with them being used as AFO's pawns against Deku and get destroyed. And we haven't even mentioned the fact that they are still kids. Strong and determined, yes, but still kids. Over 80% of them have nothing to offer to the Pro-heroes and OFA and their immeasurable responsibility.

True. I know they are doing the best they can for him and want to help him in everyway possible, and their efforts are just, but at this point the most they should offer is emotional support. There is absolutely nothing they can do about the likes of AFO/Shigaraki who are still growing stronger together with the LOVs. Any attempt at helping Midoriya would just end up with them being used as AFO's pawns against Deku and get destroyed. And we haven't even mentioned the fact that they are still kids. Strong and determined, yes, but still kids. Over 80% of them have nothing to offer to the Pro-heroes and OFA and their immeasurable responsibility.
This exactly. I hope this isn’t just resolved with Deku going back to UA or if it goes that route it’s at least addressed how outmatched they are (then again for all we know Bakugo is now Endeavor tier and can tango with AFO and High Ends). Who knows maybe Deku will primarily be out again but will start taking care of himself

The core of 1A needs a massive boost. Even if they don't get to Endeavor tier, they should at least reach Mirko, Edgeshot or Best Jeanist level.
The only ones that can reach "Endeavor tier" are those with durability negation via temperature like Bakugo, Shoto, and... Aoyama. Maybe Ashido too.

Mirko tier is like Endeavor tier physically, still, just without the flames. Maybe those with animal traits like Tsuyu and Ojiro can reach that level. Maybe. Kirishima and Tokoyami has the best chance of reaching that level. I don't have much hope for Sato.

Momo should be on a level of her own if only if Horikoshi is willing to let her tap to her full potential. Imagine if she could fight like Stain and Snipe, using both guns and swords that she can manifest. She could be a jack of all trades type of fighter.

No one student in 1-A (besides Deku, Todoroki, Bakugo and Tokoyami) are notably powerful, but all working together, they are a force to be reckoned with. They don’t need significant upgrades on their own besides maybe just slight reaction and speed boosts. They need synergy and team work. That’s kind of the point of the whole story after All Might’s retirement; him singlehandedly retiring has destroyed society because practically everything was solved and relied on him to solve.

They don’t each need to be able to solo High Ends. Multiple of them working together to handle High Ends is enough.

Or just have Iida be the only fast one who can push others out of the way of attacks like Red Rush or The Flash. Or have Mineta use his balls as shock absorption to protect others. Or Momo can make shields, or Kirishima protects as a shield, or Deku and Bakugo distract AFO while everyone else evacs others whilst building up a super powerful support attack.

They don’t all need to be on the same level. They all specialise in different things. Have Deku distract AFO while Tsu and Uraraka throw Kaminari at him from behind, letting him go full power and fry his nerves, etc etc.

Not a Reddit user telling me Bakugo “never changes, he only stops bullying Deku because he’s scared of being Detroit Smashed” and that his “quirk isn’t useful, only for demolition”.

And a YouTube user thinking All Might secretly had a quirk and used the Vestige quirks.

There is no reason to enter debates with casual fans.

They don't care about facts at all. I ignore most reddit comments since that place is mostly anime only, let alone YouTube where almost everyone is a casual anime watcher.

The YouTube guy is now telling me All Might had Danger Sense, because “how else would he have been able to stop all those villains and be number one?”

Then what tf was he doing during the USJ Incident? Willingly letting his students be attacked and potentially slaughtered??

So Baku and everyone else seem to have new non-offensive techniques, which is cool. Also glad that this didn't turn out as an actual fight, like some wanted since that would of be pretty stupid on both parties. Considering the general situation their all in...

No one student in 1-A (besides Deku, Todoroki, Bakugo and Tokoyami) are notably powerful, but all working together, they are a force to be reckoned with. They don’t need significant upgrades on their own besides maybe just slight reaction and speed boosts. They need synergy and team work. That’s kind of the point of the whole story after All Might’s retirement; him singlehandedly retiring has destroyed society because practically everything was solved and relied on him to solve.

They don’t each need to be able to solo High Ends. Multiple of them working together to handle High Ends is enough.
I don’t want them to but they’re gonna have a hell of a time fighting AFO or a High End if they come to UA. Only ones who stand a chance are Bakugo with his new blasts and Iida and all they can do is stall them. Class A want Deku to work with them but are woefully outclassed. Unless Deku himself is stronger than the High Ends with 45% they can’t do much in an actual encounter but like I said maybe Bakugo is like super strong and would carry the team in a hypothetical situation like that.

Redestro was only overpowered because his prosthetic legs snapped. I also don’t think he was at maximum stress and wasn’t using his massive AOE energy attacks, just brute strength while somewhat unprepared.

Back