• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Just a Mha mid tier revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok let me cut to the chase
New calc
Shoto’s Heaven piercing Ice wall speed -
Mach 1.7 (Supersonic) Low end
Mach 8.52 (Hypersonic) High end
Shoto’s Half Hot AP - 10.2 Kilotons (Town level)

Shoto’s Half Hot attack potency should be updated to At least Town level off of the new calculation (As Shoto wasn’t exerting himself to do this), and people who scale to “X rating vs Fire” off of Shoto should have that adjusted to Town level. Same applies to JT arc Shoto and final Act Shoto’s normal flames
Half colds cooling scales to this as it’s capable of cooling Shoto down and cancelling out his half hot.

Meanwhile his Heaven piercing Ice Wall will be upgraded to Small City level (3.06 Megatons) as that was the amount of energy overtime Shoto needed to return it to being vapor
(It’s a worthless statistic for Shoto due to not having a universal energy system and that cooling doesn’t really scale to anything but whatever)

Now here’s the actually important bit
Shoto’s ice was calculated at Mach 8.52

Based on how we have worded his page we treat his ice attacks as relative to each other in speed
8% can keep up with Shoto’s ice
So all those comparable to 8% speed should be upgraded to Hypersonic
With 20% tier speed characters and above being upgraded to baseline Hypersonic+
either that or the Supersonic end is went with and nothing changes.

Final note, Shoto should have a higher rating with Flashfreeze heatwave as it’s his biggest attack that is clearly stronger than his standard attacks.

That’s all.

Last edited:
This should scale to iida and 5% deku as well.
Base deku was shown to be able to see his ice attacks coming and react to them, iida in the same arc was completely capable of blitzing everyone on the scene (deku included) so he should scale to this.
5% Deku was shown to move near iida’s speed, attack stain with stain being capable of reacting to iida (i think?) and iirc deku actually beat iida in a race. So iida deku and everyone scaling to 5% should also go up

This should scale to iida and 5% deku as well.
Base deku was shown to be able to see his ice attacks coming and react to them, iida in the same arc was completely capable of blitzing everyone on the scene (deku included) so he should scale to this.
5% Deku was shown to move near iida’s speed, attack stain with stain being capable of reacting to iida (i think?) and iirc deku actually beat iida in a race. So iida deku and everyone scaling to 5% should also go up
I guess that’s fine
I’ll wait for other opinions on that though

I have an issue with using "Average human reactions" to this. The entire ice structure does not need to be created before Sero starts reacting; Sero is at the base of the ice structure, meaning you should calculate the distance between Shoto and Sero if you want to use Sero's reactions.

The ice structure continuing to grow beyond Sero doesn't factor into Sero's actual reactions since he's already been caught by that point.

I have an issue with using "Average human reactions" to this. The entire ice structure does not need to be created before Sero starts reacting; Sero is at the base of the ice structure, meaning you should calculate the distance between Shoto and Sero if you want to use Sero's reactions.

The ice structure continuing to grow beyond Sero doesn't factor into Sero's actual reactions since he's already been caught by that point.
The average human reactions is mostly because the audience and spectators viewing the battle from afar seemingly only have reactions after the move is done
And with Momo when referring to his Structure at the sports festival, said Shoto can create his ice structures in that “instant” before Aizawa’s eyes opened again

So I still think using 0.2 S for the whole structure should be fair regardless for it.

i cant say much about the AP calc, but about the speed i have a question
Will this be the speed relating strictly to this attack or shoto general speeds?
cause if it will be used for shoto and those who scales to this speed, then i disagree totally, as a more faster shoto and way more faster deku than this tournament considered sound speed very impressive

They were stunned by the scale of the attack, and didn't have any reason to be moved while it was occuring.

i cant say much about the AP calc, but about the speed i have a question
Will this be the speed relating strictly to this attack or shoto general speeds?
cause if it will be used for shoto and those who scales to this speed, then i disagree totally, as a more faster shoto and way more faster deku than this tournament considered sound speed very impressive
Well we appear to scale Shoto’s ice attacks to eachother in speed even his Heaven piercing Ice wall
Also we already have base Deku at transonic and 5% at Supersonic so yeah.
If you think Sound speed is considered impressive by them and they should be downgraded maybe save that for another thread.

Well we appear to scale Shoto’s ice attacks to eachother in speed even his Heaven piercing Ice wall
Also we already have base Deku at transonic and 5% at Supersonic so yeah.
If you think Sound speed is considered impressive by them and they should be downgraded maybe save that for another thread.
of course they should get downgraded if a deku that can go 10% thinks sound speed is impressive.
and yes a friendly reminder that calcs are head canon wog will always reign supreme

They were stunned by the scale of the attack, and didn't have any reason to be moved while it was occuring.
Judging by how the anime makes the scene flow it goes like
Shoto makes the ice wall, a little bit after people are shown with dropped jaws and shocked faces
Rather than they probably saw it coming midway and were already shocked by the scale before it was even done.
Which looks consistent with Momo saying he could make an ice structure in an “instant”

If you still disagree with such though then that’s fine too for now as I want to hear more opinions on this.
But we may be able to compromise with possibly Hypersonic for 5% tier speed characters.

I’d also like to see Therefir’s opinions on this thread since he Ok’d the High end (As I thought 1 second would be accpeted)

Last edited:
of course they should get downgraded if a deku that can go 10% thinks sound speed is impressive.
and yes a friendly reminder that calcs are head canon wog will always reign supreme
Well, I sense that thread is gonna be a dumpster fire (Pun not intended) already based a similar discussion happened for another Battle Shounen verse.
But that’s future me’s problem

Tbh I could see his ices KE during the war being low 7-B as he was able to stab shigaraki with it and even make him bleed with his ice crashing into Him

Tbh I could see his ices KE during the war being low 7-B as he was able to stab shigaraki with it and even make him bleed with his ice crashing into Him
Using my current numbers for the Ice it’s KE would be like near baseline 7-B or be 19 Megatons (Using the ice’s hypersonic end)

But people have objected to using KE for Shoto’s ice because it forms in place rather than having its final mass then moving

People also claim he never really stabbed shiggy iirc
They just say the ice shoved him and he was already covered in blood

When was Deku ever impressed by sound speed? Are you referring to Endeavor noticing a villain before they could? Because that was him being impressed by Endeavor’s reactions being better than his, as he moves before the sound happened due to his sense for trouble. Deku even says that wasn’t a matter of speed.

Also, for scaling purposes, I should mention that many of the characters that are hypersonic right now scale ABOVE the Mach 5 feat from vigilantes, such as Overhaul blitzing a stronger and faster Rappa.

Sero was shown reacting to the Ice Wall in the anime, he see it coming and even makes a face. He can't move because Todoroki has already frozen his tape in place, and the AOE makes it impossible to avoid even if he could move.

I think I agree with Damage on this.

Unless, can you provide clear proof, not an assumption, that Sero and normal people couldn't react to the entire creation of the ice wall? I just see people being shocked over how massive the thing was, can you provide a reason to believe they were also shocked by it being faster than the average human reaction time?

Sero was shown reacting to the Ice Wall in the anime, he see it coming and even makes a face. He can't move because Todoroki has already frozen his tape in place, and the AOE makes it impossible to avoid even if he could move.

I think I agree with Damage on this.

Unless, can you provide clear proof, not an assumption, that Sero and normal people couldn't react to the entire creation of the ice wall? I just see people being shocked over how massive the thing was, can you provide a reason to believe they were also shocked by it being faster than the average human reaction time?
Good Rebuttal
In that case will the Ice wall be downgraded to use the 1 second end (Which will just support current speed ratings) or should the speed aspect of the feat be scrapped entirely.

I’d say Sero “reacting” is a bit of an exaggeration considering all that happened was a zoom-in on his face while he made a “hng” sound.

Also, for scaling purposes, I should mention that many of the characters that are hypersonic right now scale ABOVE the Mach 5 feat from vigilantes, such as Overhaul blitzing a stronger and faster Rappa.
I think there's a problem with the Hypersonic calc actually, may have to downgrade this.

The gun the cop is using isn't a .357 magnum, instead it looks identical to a New Nambu M60 which is standard issue for Japanese police. The muzzle velocity varies from 270 to 350 m/s, which is lower than 440 m/s.

However, some are using what looks like a glock, which has a muzzle velocity of 375 m/s.

Edit: Using 375 m/s the results drop to Mach 4.9, not a big drop. But I think Number 6 should have better feats than this, might have a look around.

Last edited:
I honestly think u should have more then 1 person because others can think differently
I mean this Calc I did for example is pretty basic
Agreed stadium size
Measure ice off the stadium
Then the vaporization using an accepted timeframe from an earlier accepted Calc.
Plus everyone in this thread is talking as if the calculation is at least mathematically correct
That includes Damage who is a CGM and Rustyone who used to be iirc

I mean, if we’re talking speed upgrades, that feat of Iida breaking Stain’s sword from a long time ago isn’t looking like much of an outlier anymore.

I agree with mostly everything so far. I'm a bit skeptical about his ice scaling to Mach 8, but I suppose it's fine for now.

Idk if it was seen, but if the only reasoning for not using the 0.2 second time is Sero making a small noise with a zoom in shot on his face while the ice blitzed him and he did nothing about it, even getting his arms frozen while still extended, I can’t exactly see the logic.

Is there evidence for it being faster than he could react?

We don't see Sero's reaction in the manga, only the audience reaction. And is there any reason to believe their shocked expression is from the speed of the attack and not just the sheer size of it? At best it's a possibility, but nothing I see implies it blitzed anyone's reaction time.

Sero couldn't do anything because it was too big to avoid, and he's also not in the same position as he was before being frozen.

Yeah, this doesn't seem good enough to upgrade the speed to me.

Is there evidence for it being faster than he could react?

We don't see Sero's reaction in the manga, only the audience reaction. And is there any reason to believe their shocked expression is from the speed of the attack and not just the sheer size of it? At best it's a possibility, but nothing I see implies it blitzed anyone's reaction time.

Sero couldn't do anything because it was too big to avoid, and he's also not in the same position as he was before being frozen.
Yaoyorozu’s comments later on directly contradict this train of thought though. She was confident not in his size, but the speed at which he can make his ice. In fact, if I recall correctly, MANY characters regard his ice to be ridiculously fast. His ice is so quick in fact that he managed to freeze Iida during his recipro burst before he could toss him out of the ring.

The speed of Todoroki’s attacks have been constantly talked about, so it seems strange to decide that everyone can react to them, but just don’t because they’re big.

I don't see how that relates to his giant ice wall against Sero being created in 0.2 seconds.

Especially when the ice wall Todoroki made against Aizawa and the ice against Iida was a lot smaller.

Either way, can you provide a quote of it being faster than human reactions?

Edit: I'd like to point out that scale is important, Todoroki being able to make a smaller size ice in a timeframe of 0.2 seconds or less doesn't mean he can make a bigger chuck of ice in the same timeframe. I'm not very okay with assuming that just because Todoroki's can create ice in this amount of time, that f ice he makes can be made in the same amount of time regardless of size.

Last edited:
I don't see how that relates to his giant ice wall against Sero being created in 0.2 seconds.

Especially when the ice wall Todoroki made against Aizawa and the ice against Iida was a lot smaller.

Either way, can you provide a quote of it being faster than human reactions?
You know very well that you aren’t going to get a quote like that, don’t fish for false reasons to condemn my arguments.

The point I’m making is that Sero being unable to react was due to speed, not size, as you tried to argue. Midoriya states that Todoroki ended that match in a flash, meaning near instantly. It’s a simple matter of extrapolating how fast that instant was, and I’m arguing that based on statements and showings, 0.2 seconds, or faster than normal human perception, seems more accurate than 1 second.

Surely you haven’t forgotten the sports festival in its entirety? If Shoto can freeze Iida during his Recipro Burst, that means his ice moves beyond Human perception speed, as Iida can blatantly and consistently blitz other students. It’s support for his ice speed being fast enough that 0.2 is not as far fetched an idea as you’re claiming.

If the crux of your argument is that the amount of ice he makes massively slows down the speed, I would like any evidence supporting such a notion. From what I know, his ice moves relatively the same speed regardless of size, outside of when he was fighting Midoriya and refused to use his left side. That is the only time anyone noted his ice being slower than it previously was to my knowledge.
Yeah, this doesn't seem good enough to upgrade the speed to me.
Did you ignore the part where Number Six is massively hypersonic now, and thus a lot of people are going to become Hypersonic+?

It's simple logic, being able to finish a 50 meter race is in a timeframe of 0.2 seconds, and characters going about how fast that person was. Doesn't mean we should assume he can finish a 100 meter race in the same timeframe.

The same is with the ice, making a smaller amount of ice should always take less time than making a larger amount of ice. Is there any reason this logic is flawed?

I was asking for a quote that implied his speed, not a direct one.

Number 6 has literally nothing to do with this, let's not bring up unrelated topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back