• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

This fight is really dependent on how much Deku is willing to hold back. Unless the students get blatant upgrades of course like, say, Kirishima or Tokoyami tanking 30% attacks.

I just noticed that Todoroki reacted to a shockwave from a 100% finger flick, and created ice behind him before it actually impacted him.

As far as I know, the series itself never actually explained how Shoto generates his ice. It is pretty much an educated guess that he is freezing the air around him to make his ice with almost nothing from the manga/anime/whatever confirming that.

TBH I do prefer the explanation that he is just freezing the air and the freezing temperature just reaches whatever else and freezes them in turn. Its the best one we got and just makes more sense. 🤷‍♂️

Rei tried helping Shoto’s burn by placing her hand directly on his face and using her quirk. If his quirk was “spawn ice” I don’t think she would’ve been able to do that exactly. She’d be sending sharp ice shards straight into his eye rather than just cooling the water affected area.

Rei tried helping Shoto’s burn by placing her hand directly on his face and using her quirk. If his quirk was “spawn ice” I don’t think she would’ve been able to do that exactly. She’d be sending sharp ice shards straight into his eye rather than just cooling the water affected area.
¯\( ツ)

When Rei used her quirk (which Todoroki inherited), she was generating cold mist over her whole body but there was no ice. So it’s clear he freezes the air and creates a cold mist, which then spawns ice. The anime and movies supports this when it goes into “super detailed hyper cool animation budget mode” where Todoroki makes little sprinkles and cold mist around his skin before making ice.

When Rei used her quirk (which Todoroki inherited), she was generating cold mist over her whole body but there was no ice. So it’s clear he freezes the air and creates a cold mist, which then spawns ice. The anime and movies supports this when it goes into “super detailed hyper cool animation budget mode” where Todoroki makes little sprinkles and cold mist around his skin before making ice.
I see.

Some minority of people are saying “Class 1A are biased for all going to save Deku but only a few tried to save Bakugo at Kamino” completely ignoring how different the contexts are, most importantly, they have PERMISSION to save Deku.

And it’s not like everyone in the class is obligated to like Bakugo, especially during the Kamino arc where he didn’t have anything redeemable besides being good in a fight in the class’ eyes. He was still loud and rude and generally distasteful for no real reason. Still somewhat is, but less so.

Some minority of people are saying “Class 1A are biased for all going to save Deku but only a few tried to save Bakugo at Kamino” completely ignoring how different the contexts are, most importantly, they have PERMISSION to save Deku
Ah well they're the minority for a reason.

I have more problems with people mocking Deku for doing what he's doing. It's not even the point 1-A is trying to make.

how exactly would he pull something in Thats directly above them?
Oh, I don't know? Because of the giant vortex which spun at ludicrous speeds? It's not that hard to fathom how he'd bring them in.

That doesnt seem right. In the anime all we see are the storm clouds spinning in circles, none of the sort implying he pulled the clouds from a far away distance. I dont see why not just do KE for the clouds spinning
The clouds spinning would seemingly imply that something seemingly drew them in. The clouds obviously aren't funneled clouds. The sky isn't that dark, nor is their lightning. So the only plausible explanation would be that the vortex brought them in, given how it's also spinning. And calculating the Rotational Kinetic Energy of the clouds would likely yield far more impressive results, and be way harder to calculate.

By the way, is Todoroki losing his Low 7-C rating because it's not known whether or not he freezes the air or generates the ice from his body? If so, then I might take a shot at calculating the KE of his moves.

By the way, is Todoroki losing his Low 7-C rating because it's not known whether or not he freezes the air or generates the ice from his body? If so, then I might take a shot at calculating the KE of his moves.
People are claiming that his ice doesn’t have KE because his Ice “forms in place” rather than having a set mass then moving or something like that.
I personally don’t care for the ice wall but if it helps I’ve already recalculated his Sports festival Heaven piercing Ice wall using the 4km circumference statement for the track around the stadium.
So I have the Ice’s mass and I also got the speed.

Edit: Shoto also may get a 7-C rating for Half Hot during UA Beginnings, due to these recalculations using the new stadium size (him vaporizing the ice wall was Town level and his flash freeze heatwave vaporizing his own ice I got to town+)

First of all, despite your attempts at making it seem like I'm ignorant to how the feat operated, I never ruled out the possibility that this was done through CAPE. Because there's evidence in the anime suggesting that All Might created the clouds first, then brought them in via the Kinetic Energy of his Cyclone. It's not impossible for that to happen.
You have no proof that anything like this ever happened, and I called you ignorant because storms in real life start to spin when the warm, moist air above the surface rises, and is replaced by cooler air, producing that characteristic spinning effect in hurricanes, so to say this storm was created by KE simply because the clouds are spinning is showing that you don't know how a storm really works.

And you are not even calculating the KE of the spinning clouds, you just randomly assumed All Might pulled a storm cloud from tens of kilometers away at Hypersonic speeds.

Last edited:
imagine how deadly a Lady nagant with those quirk null bullets would be.
Give her a Quick Nullification Bullet and have her shoot Shigaraki, GG.

Thought that has me wondering: do OFA or AFO have any kind of resistance to being destroyed physically? Like, would they fight the quirk erasing drug? What does the quirk eraser look like from the vestige world standpoint?

People are claiming that his ice doesn’t have KE because his Ice “forms in place” rather than having a set mass then moving or something like that.
I personally don’t care for the ice wall but if it helps I’ve already recalculated his Sports festival Heaven piercing Ice wall using the 4km circumference statement for the track around the stadium.
So I have the Ice’s mass and I also got the speed.

Edit: Shoto also may get a 7-C rating for Half Hot during UA Beginnings, due to these recalculations using the new stadium size (him vaporizing the ice wall was Town level and his flash freeze heatwave vaporizing his own ice I got to town+)
Interesting, but I think if you were to pixel scale the Sports Festival stadium using the characters or the length of the arena they fight on, it probably wouldn't reach over 1km. But that's just me.

I recall a friend of mine getting Shoto's Heaven Piercing Ice Wall to 41 Kilotons, but he hasn't posted the calculation yet. When I'm not busy or when I'm motivated, I might calculate this myself.

You have no proof that anything like this ever happened.
So I have no proof that this happened despite the literal several instances of evidence being brought to the table, shown, given context, and then backed up by more arguments. Are you sure about that? Because I can argue with certainty that you're just trying to preserve your headcanon at this point.

because storms in real life start to spin when the warm, moist air above the surface rises, and is replaced by cooler air, producing that characteristic spinning effect in hurricanes
So now you're claiming All Might generated something similar to a hurricane? Something which by all definitions is far different than just a regular thunderstorm with strong instability. Why should I take you seriously at this point if you're just spouting baseless nonsense?

Also, I don't know where you got this, but normal storms don't have an eye or a huge visible hole in them. Nor does the whole thing spin circularly. The only storms that fit that criteria are hurricanes, cyclones, typhoons, and any thunderstorm with a funnel cloud.

And you are not even calculating the KE of the spinning clouds, you just randomly assumed All Might pulled a storm cloud from tens of kilometers away at Hypersonic speeds.
I assumed that because it's been made apparent there's a connection with All Might's cyclone and the storm spinning. Moreover, there is a giant eye in the center of the storm where the cyclone formed. Implying that All Might's cyclone must've moved in the clouds in, and made them rotate.

I will be blunt, and concise as possible when explaining this to you. You've done nothing to refute this part of my argument other than just claiming it's wrong with nothing to back it up. Saying that I have "no evidence" whatsoever. Which is an argument to incredulity. Want a fact-check, sure!

25. Hasty generalization

This is an argument where someone takes an insufficient amount of evidence and attempts to form a conclusion from it while ignoring or not being aware of contradictory evidence.

You don't have enough evidence to conclude that I'm wrong here. You're also ignoring (or simply not being aware of) any contradictory evidence that I bring to the table that refutes your argument. Do I have to explain why that's fallacious reasoning?

Interesting, but I think if you were to pixel scale the Sports Festival stadium using the characters or the length of the arena they fight on, it probably wouldn't reach over 1km. But that's just me.

I recall a friend of mine getting Shoto's Heaven Piercing Ice Wall to 41 Kilotons, but he hasn't posted the calculation yet. When I'm not busy or when I'm motivated, I might calculate this myself.
If you applied KE to my calculation in the conventional sense using my numbers it’ll yield 7.359548625E+16 Joules or 17 Megatons of Tnt
And I didn’t even get the Ice wall to over a km
Just 585m tall (While low balling it)

Oh, I don't know? Because of the giant vortex which spun at ludicrous speeds? It's not that hard to fathom how he'd bring them in.
Once again, how is he dragging in the clouds HE CREATED over a great distance if the vortex was created right above him. That makes no sense, earthboy

The clouds spinning would seemingly imply that something seemingly drew them in. The clouds obviously aren't funneled clouds. The sky isn't that dark, nor is their lightning. So the only plausible explanation would be that the vortex brought them in, given how it's also spinning. And calculating the Rotational Kinetic Energy of the clouds would likely yield far more impressive results, and be way harder to calculate.
Then rotating in a circle doesnt imply whatsoever that they are being drawn in. I fail to see what are you not understanding, am sent a shockwave upwards, the same shockwave was SHOWN TO BE SPINNING, then we have statements saying that AM created the clouds we SEE SPINNING. All of this says all might’s SPINNING vortex caused the clouds he created to spin. If something that isn’t obvious pointed out dont you think they would have a statement supporting what had happen? If anything everything shown does not support what you have stated.
You understand that things that are being pulled in by a spinning force doesnt spin in a 360 rotation? They move in a motion similar to this.
Dont believe me? Get a cup of water and spin your finger in it, tell me what happens.
What we see with the storm isnt that, we see it moving a 360 motion or like this which completely goes against your argument.

So, my Todoroki calcs have been accepted.
Shoto will have a 7-C rating for Half Hot and will be Low 7-B with Flashfreeze Heatwave during UA beginnings.
Along with Hypersonic Attack speed for the Heaven piercing Ice wall.
So I guess we may have a more minor revision soon? Especially since the god tier revision is taking forever to be ready due to Calc evaluations (And people arguing over the same All Might feat)

So, my Todoroki calcs have been accepted.
Shoto will have a 7-C rating for Half Hot and will be Low 7-B with Flashfreeze Heatwave during UA beginnings.
Along with Hypersonic Attack speed for the Heaven piercing Ice wall.
So I guess we may have a more minor revision soon? Especially since the god tier revision is taking forever to be ready due to Calc evaluations (And people arguing over the same All Might feat)
Hypersonic ice speed for Shoto is…. Interesting to say the least.

I’m not surprised by the town/small city level results though

I mean it would be cause Weak AM is Low 7B….
Prove that in of itself is a contradiction then

Endeavor believed Shoto could surpass All Might
If Shoto can bust out a 1.16 Megaton feat at full power than this is not outrageous
He overpowers 100% Deku himself (albeit he was weakened but then again this Calc is only around 1 Megaton slightly above baseline)
Plus it’s just one attack his strongest move that needs setup
Plus we have Nejire at possibly Low 7-B or something

Flashfreeze Heatwave is Shoto's strongest moves plus it needs setup, it isn't something he can bust out in an instant, that's why he has the weaker version he used against Cider House.

But I wonder how strong his Flashfreeze is since it directly overpowered Chimera's laser beam. I guess we would have to first find out how strong Chimera's beam was.

Flashfreeze Heatwave is Shoto's strongest moves plus it needs setup, it isn't something he can bust out in an instant, that's why he has the weaker version he used against Cider House.
Well that and he honestly would’ve killed the man if he did use the same level of power he used on Deku

I would definitely not say it “blatantly overpowered” Deku’s 100%. We’re comparing Deku needing to push, not punch, air pressure at Todoroki because his whole hand was already broken to Todoroki heating the cold air up to make an explosion. It’s not like Todoroki clashed with his fist, he blew him out of the ring.

I would definitely not say it “blatantly overpowered” Deku’s 100%. We’re comparing Deku needing to push, not punch, air pressure at Todoroki because his whole hand was already broken to Todoroki heating the cold air up to make an explosion. It’s not like Todoroki clashed with his fist, he blew him out of the ring.
That’s fair
Deku was in a pretty bad position there to clash with him being mid air unable to make a fist and all
But I guess it makes Deku’s contribution to the feat more impressive that he’s still that strong in that state.

Would’ve been a great supporting feat for Low 7-B 100% Smashes if they weren’t getting upgraded to 7-A.

Last edited:
Prove that in of itself is a contradiction then

Endeavor believed Shoto could surpass All Might
If Shoto can bust out a 1.16 Megaton feat at full power than this is not outrageous
He overpowers 100% Deku himself (albeit he was weakened but then again this Calc is only around 1 Megaton slightly above baseline)
Plus it’s just one attack his strongest move that needs setup
Plus we have Nejire at possibly Low 7-B or something
I just did lol. The fact that it could be in the same lvl on AM who is >>>> Class 1-A should tell you already

Actually where is the new calc anyways cause this website be having straight issues

Back