• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Bakugo needs as new super move. Howitzer Impact just isn't cutting it anymore and he has had it for such a long time now since season 2. His only other power-up is AP shot which so far is weaker than Howitzer Impact.

Shoto got Flashfreeze Heatwave long ago but now he can use FlashFire and Flashfreeze so combined, it would possibly be even stronger.

Tokoyami got Ragnarok

Iida got Turbo in JT arc while Kirishima got Unbreakable (both these 2 also probably need new moves)

Uraraka is still stuck with her base quirk to this day. All her special moves are just her quirk utility not actual unique techniques. Now wonder she gets criticized considering even characters like Hagakure and Tsuyu have already gone through 2 new unique abilities while Ochako is still stuck with her base quirk applications.

Bakugo needs as new super move. Howitzer Impact just isn't cutting it anymore and he has had it for such a long time now since season 2. His only other power-up is AP shot which so far is weaker than Howitzer Impact.

. . .

Uraraka is still stuck with her base quirk to this day. All her special moves are just her quirk utility not actual unique techniques. Now wonder she gets criticized considering even characters like Hagakure and Tsuyu have already gone through 2 new unique abilities while Ochako is still stuck with her base quirk applications.
Any suggestions on what they should be?

Any suggestions on what they should be?
I honestly think Bakugo is fine, he’s just not strong enough to hang with the top tiers yet. If he does get a move, I would imagine he can get a Prominence Burn type ability with those new explosions he got from awakening.

Ochako just needs either a lot more fighting skill feats/strength or a quirk awakening. Her actual power is good when combined with her grapple hooks, but she does need an oomph if we’re taking a flashy, noticeable power up.

Once again, how is he dragging in the clouds HE CREATED over a great distance if the vortex was created right above him. That makes no sense, earthboy
Oh, I don't know. Because the wind pressure traveled omnidirectionally? The air was blown omnidirectionally.

Then rotating in a circle doesnt imply whatsoever that they are being drawn in.
Yes, they do??? The only logical explanation for the clouds to spin, SECONDS after the cyclone had long since dissipated would be that the cyclone drew the clouds over a long distance. Unless you're trying to argue that the cyclone was somehow STILL there despite it being shown that it dissipated, I stand corrected.

I fail to see what are you not understanding, am sent a shockwave upwards, the same shockwave was SHOWN TO BE SPINNING, then we have statements saying that AM created the clouds we SEE SPINNING. All of this says all might’s SPINNING vortex caused the clouds he created to spin. If something that isn’t obvious pointed out dont you think they would have a statement supporting what had happen? If anything everything shown does not support what you have stated.
Once again, the problem with this is that the cyclone generated from All Might's punch already seemingly faded away before the storm started to form. Makes your entire argument here redundant.

You understand that things that are being pulled in by a spinning force doesnt spin in a 360 rotation? They move in a motion similar to this.
Dont believe me? Get a cup of water and spin your finger in it, tell me what happens.
What we see with the storm isnt that, we see it moving a 360 motion or like this which completely goes against your argument.
This is just over-glorified semantics at this point. Whether or not if All Might made the clouds do a 360 rotation, like all things seemingly pulled in by a rotating force is irrelevant. What matters is that All Might somehow give movement to the clouds, and pulled them in over a great distance.

I don't know what type of mental gymnastics you must be doing in order for you to think that this feat is done through CAPE, despite several reasonings proving you wrong, but you're just reaching this point.

I don't really care whether or not Todoroki is going to be Low 7-B. But it's obvious that he shouldn't scale to 100% Deku. The clash between Deku and Todoroki was heavily weakened to the point where Deku's body, (as injured as it was), didn't die from the pressure. This was a great concern coming from Midnight and Cementos, who thought that Deku would probably be killed if they let this get out of control.

Deku's 100% is gonna be 7-A+ soon anyways, so Todoroki scaling to him would be an outlier.

So, my Todoroki calcs have been accepted.
Shoto will have a 7-C rating for Half Hot and will be Low 7-B with Flashfreeze Heatwave during UA beginnings.
Along with Hypersonic Attack speed for the Heaven piercing Ice wall.
So I guess we may have a more minor revision soon? Especially since the god tier revision is taking forever to be ready due to Calc evaluations (And people arguing over the same All Might feat)
Lets goo im tryna get multi city block 5% evaluated any tips?

So, my Todoroki calcs have been accepted.
Shoto will have a 7-C rating for Half Hot and will be Low 7-B with Flashfreeze Heatwave during UA beginnings.
Along with Hypersonic Attack speed for the Heaven piercing Ice wall.
So I guess we may have a more minor revision soon? Especially since the god tier revision is taking forever to be ready due to Calc evaluations (And people arguing over the same All Might feat)
I don't have much problems with the calc results.
But I wouldn't say that the attack outright overpowered a 100%, although it could've.
Just saying this isn't an outlier, but it's not a normal, regular attack either.

If there's gonna be a CRT, I think Flashfreeze Heatwave should have a Varies, up to Low 7-B rating.

Oh, I don't know. Because the wind pressure traveled omnidirectionally? The air was blown omnidirectionally.
You yourself even said it, the air was blown omnidirectional, which doesn’t pull things in, if anything it pushes things away so I don’t understand what point you're trying to make.
Youre ignoring context and trying to bend and add context to something that doesnt exist.
Yes, they do??? The only logical explanation for the clouds to spin, SECONDS after the cyclone had long since dissipated would be that the cyclone drew the clouds over a long distance. Unless you're trying to argue that the cyclone was somehow STILL there despite it being shown that it dissipated, I stand corrected.
“The only logical” as in the only logical reasoning you mean the only reasoning you have deluded yourself into believing? Im quite sure you limiting it to just that reason classify as a false dilemma fallacy.
As shown in the video, the clouds are spinning, we agree on that. Take note its stated he created those clouds using his spinning vortex. If said vortex was spinning why wouldnt the clouds it created not spin? Using that same argument, since the vortex’s effect was still in place after it dispersed, then why were the clouds still spinning? The vortex is gone. Your own reasoning goes against you.
This is just over-glorified semantics at this point. Whether or not if All Might made the clouds do a 360 rotation, like all things seemingly pulled in by a rotating force is irrelevant. What matters is that All Might somehow give movement to the clouds, and pulled them in over a great distance.

I don't know what type of mental gymnastics you must be doing in order for you to think that this feat is done through CAPE, despite several reasonings proving you wrong, but you're just reaching this point.
So youre gonna cherry pick (fallacy) my argument and completely make statements having nothing to do with the argument at hand (red herring) and claim that im going through mental “gymnastics” (Ad hominem). The fact that you didn’t attempt to refute my argument shows that you are too dense to accept anything going against your head canon.
If what you claim is indeed correct, and these clouds are being pulled in a spinning motion, they wouldn’t be moving in a 360 rotation and I have given very valid reasoning for that.
The fact that they are rotating in a circular motion refuted that notion if being pulled in as things being pulled in doesnt rotate in a 360 degree they all flow towards the middle, something we dont see happening. All we see is the hole from all might’s spinning vortex. If they were pulled in they would slam into the center and combine togethet. Doesnt happen, contradicts your argument.
Funny how you claim im ignoring all your arguments when literally your only argument is “they were spinning so that means they were pulled in” which isnt supported in not only the sourcr material but also isnt shown in the manga.
As ive said before, if the anime is contradicting the manga when it comes to their feats and its best to disregard it when it comes to the scaling of the series.

Didn’t Flashfreeze Heatwave overpower and beat 100% Deku tho?
Deku was weakened and we have seen that the more Deku’s bones are broken, the less strength the attacks will have.
Not only this, but Deku was at the epicenter of the explosion so him being blown back doesnt mean he was overpowered in terms of raw power. Not only this, both attacks were somewhat weakened from the cement that was supposed to stop them. So todo wouldnt scale to to 100% Deku.

Prove that in of itself is a contradiction then
Todoroki being close in power to All Might would severely contradict the series.
All Might is consistently stated to be vastly above everyone in the Mha world, todoroki (lost to bakugo and struggled against stain someone who was beat by 5% Deku) scaling that close would contradict that narrative.
Endeavor building todo up to surpass All Might doesnt mean in the slightest that hes at that level.
Note that arcs after this he had to go “beyond” “plus ultra” to the “absolute limit” to have strength on par with endeavor, someone who is consistently stated vastly inferior to All Might.
Note im not saying this calc cant be used, you asked to prove him scaling to Am is contradicted so I did that. Him being this strong just means all might vastly upscales that feat, lol

I honestly think Bakugo is fine, he’s just not strong enough to hang with the top tiers yet. If he does get a move, I would imagine he can get a Prominence Burn type ability with those new explosions he got from awakening.

Ochako just needs either a lot more fighting skill feats/strength or a quirk awakening. Her actual power is good when combined with her grapple hooks, but she does need an oomph if we’re taking a flashy, noticeable power up.
He just said bakugo isnt top tier, yikes

Todoroki being close in power to All Might would severely contradict the series.
All Might is consistently stated to be vastly above everyone in the Mha world, todoroki (lost to bakugo and struggled against stain someone who was beat by 5% Deku) scaling that close would contradict that narrative.
Endeavor building todo up to surpass All Might doesnt mean in the slightest that hes at that level.
Note that arcs after this he had to go “beyond” “plus ultra” to the “absolute limit” to have strength on par with endeavor, someone who is consistently stated vastly inferior to All Might.
Note im not saying this calc cant be used, you asked to prove him scaling to Am is contradicted so I did that. Him being this strong just means all might vastly upscales that feat, lol
To be fair It’s just the Yield of one move that’s hard to set up to its full potential which his normal attacks are far inferior to, so him struggling against Stain or Bakugo doesn’t really matter.
I also know that Endeavor building him up doesn’t make him AM level automatically it just makes him being even in a similar order of magnitude with his best move, somewhat reasonable. As Endeavor believes he has the potential.

Not trying to argue because as you said people like All Might are just immensely above the feat. Which they will be due to Wolfram’s 7-A feat
So it even being thought of as a potential outlier won’t matter when that upgrade happens because God tiers will be way stronger than it

@TheRustyOne if the anime starts to contradict the manga do you believe its best to hakai all anime scaling?
Normal users can't ping people like that, not saying you aren't allowed. I mean you literally cannot do it, the ping only works when staff uses it.

Also no, only that specific feat. There's no problem with using the anime as long as the feat cannot be calc from the manga. With in reason that is. We don't accept any anime original scenes, scaling, or feats. They must be feats that happen in the manga, but couldn't be properly calculated.

Here's our page on canon. Now, I've got a lot to say here.

BoS Todoroki is not All Might level at all, his "AP" is not even something he can use to attack with. It's just heat/cold, even if he hits someone with it and they can tank it, they don't scale to that value. That's why I dislike that tiering, since it's not really AP. Also labeling something as 8-A or Low 7-B heat resistances makes no sense. Since that doesn't tell you how hot the flames that person resist is.

Our heat "AP" comes from how much space the fire/heat occupies, this doesn't help you melt or harm people with heat resistance. A 2000 degree fire, that spread across enough area to get Mountain level results won't let you hurt someone who was uninjured while standing in 6000 degree fire, which only got Building level results.

The AP values shouldn't be dropped, since they're useful for series that have a universal energy source like KI or Magic, which can translate that "AP" value to something else. Like an explosion or enhancing their body to punch harder, things like that. But for My Hero, what's the point of labeling Todoroki's ice/fire with Low 7-C or 7-C+?

Endeavor/Dabi/Shoto having Low 7-B or 7-A with Flashfire is fine, because Endeavor has shown that Flashfire can carry physical force/propulsion. Like propelling his punches with enough force to harm a High-End, and being able to clash with Shigaraki's Air Cannon. Which is strong enough to injure Endeavor. So if Endeavor uses his Flashfire to punch someone in the face, that person can scale to Endeavor's AP.

Last edited:
The AP values shouldn't be dropped, since they're useful for series that have a universal energy source like KI or Magic, which can translate that "AP" value to something else. Like an explosion or enhancing their body to punch harder, things like that. But for My Hero, what's the point of labeling Todoroki's ice/fire with Low 7-C or Low 7-B?

Endeavor/Dabi/Shoto having Low 7-B or 7-A with Flashfire is fine, because Endeavor has shown that Flashfire can carry physical force. Like propelling his punches with enough force to harm a High-End, and being able to clash with Shigaraki's Air Cannon. Which is strong enough to injure Endeavor. So if Endeavor uses his Flashfire or punch someone in the face, that person can scale to Endeavor's AP
I agree labeling his Ice as AP is frankly pointless only its physical durability is worth mentioning as he blocks attacks with it.
But for his heat he’s still outputting energy into the environment/ to attack an opponent which correlates as AP.

Very Weird but some other verses without a universal energy system still keep fire feats in the AP section because they released “8-A energy with a fire attack” or something. They just don’t scale it to other people/physicals.

Now, the Flashfreeze thing cannot be used even though the calc is correct. Since the anime version contradicts the manga, we can clearly scale the width of the walls with this panel. Also it looks like they pulverized or V.Frag the walls.

There is also no way those walls have a thickness of twelve meters. Twelve meters compared to 1.8 meters, looks like this.
I wouldn’t say cannot be used completely.
We see on the next page the rubble being blown away so I wouldn’t say it’s just V frag or pulv, Kinetic energy should still apply.

Since we can scale the Wall Width I can always scale the manga for the width of the walls. (This will be a rough downgrade for it but accuracy is key)
So it can be updated accordingly

To be fair It’s just the Yield of one move that’s hard to set up to its full potential which his normal attacks are far inferior to, so him struggling against Stain or Bakugo doesn’t really matter.
I also know that Endeavor building him up doesn’t make him AM level automatically it just makes him being even in a similar order of magnitude with his best move, somewhat reasonable. As Endeavor believes he has the potential.

Not trying to argue because as you said people like All Might are just immensely above the feat. Which they will be due to Wolfram’s 7-A feat
So it even being thought of as a potential outlier won’t matter when that upgrade happens because God tiers will be way stronger than it
The set up of it isnt hard at all, all he has to do is quickly heat up a large amount of cool air. All that is happening is that cool air is being heated and shoved upwards. Nothing too impressive.

Hasnt it been explained that Endeavor’s dream child was one with his quirk and the ice? Since he seen that he believed shoto could do it. He wanted this to be possible so they can use their power while cooling themselves down. Im quite sure that was his idea for them surpassing am

I wouldn’t say cannot be used completely.
We see on the next page the rubble being blown away so I wouldn’t say it’s just V frag or pulv, Kinetic energy should still apply.

Since we can scale the Wall Width I can always scale the manga for the width of the walls. (This will be a rough downgrade for it but accuracy is key)
So it can be updated accordingly
I can calc using the manga panels then

I can calc using the manga panels then
Nah, it’s fine I can measure the width just fine and since the anime shows far more of the scene in regards to the Height of the walls and how much ice Shoto made
The anime should be used for those
Kind of like how people use the anime to fill the holes for other feats

If the width changes that means the height and length change as well. Also the speed you got will be lower. Basically all of the measurements need to change.

If the width changes that means the height and length change as well. Also the speed you got will be lower. Basically all of the measurements need to change.
A solid 15 minutes of pixel scaling down the drain
Oh well, guess I’ll just re-measure exclusively using the manga width as a measuring stick rather than the arena then

A solid 15 minutes of pixel scaling down the drain
Oh well, guess I’ll just re-measure exclusively using the manga width as a measuring stick rather than the arena then
I went and looked at kirishima and sato vs cementos and can the height of his mush be used as the height of his stones during deku and shoto fight

No, it's not the same walls.

Just because he can make them a certain height, doesn't mean all of his cement things have the same height.

No, it's not the same walls.

Just because he can make them a certain height, doesn't mean all of his cement things have the same height.
Oh alright i was assuming since a kid was possibly gonna die he would use the best walls possible to stop the two from attacking each other ig this isnt good enough reasoning?

I wonder how durable Deku’s spine is from surviving being slammed into the wall after being sent flying by Flashfire Heatwave.

I wouldn’t say Todoroki overpowered 100%. Deku was in midair, Cementoss‘ intervention softened their attacks. Deku was sent flying because he wasn’t rooted to the ground unlike Todoroki.

I wonder how durable Deku’s spine is from surviving being slammed into the wall after being sent flying by Flashfire Heatwave.

I wouldn’t say Todoroki overpowered 100%. Deku was in midair, Cementoss‘ intervention softened their attacks. Deku was sent flying because he wasn’t rooted to the ground unlike Todoroki.
I thought we all went over this?
Also problem, him being mid air doesnt change anything as he was sent forward by x force and he holds that momentum. Him being pushed backed suggests that the force hitting him overpowered the force pushing them forward

They never even clashed, they impacted the walls which created a massive shockwave. Todoroki did not overpower him. Izuku's momentum would've been canceled out by his own attack, for every reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction. The recoil of his 100% high five, should've canceled out the speed he got from his 100% jump.

Edit: The shockwave can still be calculated, I'm just saying that Todoroki overpowering Izuku is just incorrect.

They never even clashed, they impacted the walls which created a massive shockwave. Todoroki did not overpower him. Izuku's momentum would've been canceled out by his own attack, for every reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction. The recoil of his 100% high five, should've canceled out the speed he got from his 100% jump.

Edit: The shockwave can still be calculated, I'm just saying that Todoroki overpowering Izuku is just incorrect.
Yeah that was just me talking and explaining why that statement didnt make since but yes i agree todo didnt overpower it

Wait is the calc of them vaporizing the ice accepted?

Wait is the calc of them vaporizing the ice accepted?
Nope as the ice also scaled off the arena
Ice vaporization was Town level+

But I recalculated it now and felt like I was having a stroke while doing it (Since now the ice for example is only like 3m wide)
Now vaporization is 8-A, and the shockwave is High 8-C so the feat is fodder now.
Oh well Shoto still has that other 7-C Calc.

Last edited:
Nope as the ice also scaled off the arena
Ice vaporization was Town level+

But I recalculated it now and felt like I was having a stroke while doing it (Since now the ice for example is only like 3m wide)
Now vaporization is 8-A, and the shockwave is High 8-C so the feat is fodder now.
Oh well Shoto still has that other 7-C Calc.
Skill issue

Back