• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Bakugo and Todoroki were keeping up with and stopping Wolfram's attacks as well.

There's likely always going to be an outlier during that fight.

so which movie did you guys prefer?
Heroes Rising. Better villains and literally everyone in the class did something. Except Toru I guess. The OFA transfer could’ve been better, seems out of nowhere that Deku decided “AH YES, TIME TO LOSE MY POWER,” but at least the logistics of it were cleared up by Horikoshi himself.

I will say that Bakugo vs that purple guy in Two Heroes has some of my favorite choreography ever.

What happens if we give Deku Trigger. What happens if we give SHIGARAKI trigger.

More people need to do drugs in this series. For science.

Also, isn’t Trigger kind of just a stand in for natural awakenings? You’re forcing yourself to evolve for a period of time when your body isn’t ready yet or doesn’t feel it’s necessary.

All Might saying that the mid gauntlets “should reinforce your whole body” is a bit weird, considering… that’s not how bodies work. Or how the gauntlets work. That’s not how logic works. Maybe this is just another case of All Might having no clue what he’s actually talking about (he’s not exactly experienced in support items, since y’know, he never really had a use for them).

It shouldn’t be assumed Deku was “keeping up” with All Might. All Might was “keeping down” for Deku. If All Might was really trying to move his shockwaves would’ve been tearing up the tower once again like when he first appeared on the scene.

Um the gauntlets are sci-fi magic devices that can do whatever the story says.

We've already established that Izuku isn't hurt by the physical recoil of OFA, it's instead like a explosion inside of his body. The Full Gauntlet can somehow protect the inside of his limb, despite wrapping around the outside of his arm.

It's already breaking the laws of physics.

Um the gauntlets are sci-fi magic devices that can do whatever the story says.

We've already established that Izuku isn't hurt by the physical recoil of OFA, it's instead like a explosion inside of his body. The Full Gauntlet can somehow protect the inside of his limb, despite wrapping around the outside of his arm.

It's already breaking the laws of physics.
“It just works.” - Sun Tzu, JJBA Part 2: Battle Tendency

Except it is the strike of his 100% attacks which causes the damage, which is why his limbs only break during the attack, not when he activates 100% in the limb. The gauntlets protect his limbs from that striking damage, like a McGuffin Shock Absorber.

”It’s almost like little bombs exploded in your body” from 2 doctors isn’t evidence of the recoil not doing the damage, especially when Deku literally says his body can’t handle the recoil from his 100% attacks and thus takes the damage.

Actually, I approved the calc before it was revealed that All Might made these storms with rising air current, so yeah, I don't agree with the calc anymore, it's faulty and ignore how the storm was actually created.
I and a few other people have already explained why your disagreement doesn't make sense. If it is faulty? Why don't you provide valid evidence to the table then? Something you failed to do before.

Bring it up with Andyrenom, he's the one who brought it up and had basically everyone agree with him.

I brought up the same thing and was debunked, I'm not going to argue with you on this.

Edit: AtomicSekiro

I mean. how is “It’s like a Bomb exploded inside your arm”, which is hyperbolic af, evidence for it not being physical recoil when there are /multiple/ times where Deku and All Might say “the blowback” or “the kickback” is too much for them?

Is there a single recorded instant of Deku’s limb breaking for simply turning on his quirk at 100%, before he strikes? Because he has only ever broken something during or after a strike. It’s not “ghost damage” where he just magically gets hurt by his quirk for using his quirk; it’s the physical recoil of his quirk being too strong for him. Sure, he gets “strained” by turning it on at higher percentages, but never real damage. This was shown in Heroes Rising. Deku and Bakugo could go 100% across their entire bodies but only their strikes caused broken bone damage.

Earthyboy I was not responding to you, I don't know why you need that nor do I not understand why you can't click the member link on the bar above.

It's not that hard to find a staff member.

AtomicSekiro, I refuse to debate with you. Bring it up with Andy, he's the one who made the change and everyone agreed on it.

You're literally repeated the same things I did on that thread, and no one agreed with me. I'm done discussing this.

Oh well.
On a different topic, Deku is really good at visualisation. It took him two weeks to go from 100% or nothing after hitting USJ Nomu, the first time he controlled it, to being able to regulate it. Then the same thing happened with Blackwhip only a week (I think) after that happened due to his lock and door visualisation.

I mean, he figured out Full Cowl in a single day and could use it to very good degree against Stain in the same time frame. When he knows what to do, or at least can make sense of it, he is ridiculous at mastering it.

I and a few other people have already explained why your disagreement doesn't make sense. If it is faulty? Why don't you provide valid evidence to the table then? Something you failed to do before.
What evidence do I need to provide when the statements clearly says All Might made these storms through condensation? Seriously, no matter how you spin it, the storm wasn't created through kinetic energy, your ignorant interpretation of the anime doesn't trump the manga statements and laws of physics.

At least Horikoshi knows how storms are created in real life, and gave us a reasonable explanation for All Might's feat.

Last edited:
Here’s something I’ve also been wondering by the way about the Full Gauntlet from the movie. This is a thought I’ve had ever since I saw him seemingly power up to fight Wolfram then run on par with All Might out of nowhere.

When Deku got the Mid Gauntlets, which are bad versions of the Full Gauntlet, All Might said that they would reinforce his entire body, not just his arms. If this is the logic for them, then it should be true that the Full Gauntlet reinforced Deku’s whole body as well to a degree, right? We even see this with Deku using 30%; he activates full cowl and the gauntlet, but never says the percent he’s using until he goes for a punch. That would imply he used 30% full cowl there no?

So if the full gauntlet actually makes his whole body stronger, that would remove the outlier of him keeping up with AM and him breaking that steel pillar, since it would be attributed to a higher percent.
I thought about this too after the Mid Gauntlet was explained especially as the Full Gauntlet should be superior to the Mid Gauntlet.

I'm at least exited for Deku vs 1A. I hope Hori makes it as long as Deku vs Nagant with plenty of feats.

I at least want to see how guys like Iida compare to Deku speedwise, Tokoyami power-wise and Kirishima defensive-wise.

I'm at least exited for Deku vs 1A. I hope Hori makes it as long as Deku vs Nagant with plenty of feats.

I at least want to see how guys like Iida compare to Deku speedwise, Tokoyami power-wise and Kirishima defensive-wise.
Personally I just love also how most people’s perceptions of how this fight will go down is either
“Deku absolutely wipes everyone even while weakened”
Or
“Deku can barely think and gets stopped easily”

Deku struggles a lot until he gets mad and reminds them who he is. He has all their abilities downloaded into his brain, being sleep deprived for like a week isn’t enough of a handicap.
Honestly Deku should just floor all of them just to show them their place in this new era XD.

Stain is the biggest wild card tbh. Idk if he’s following Deku or AM right now, nor how he would respond to what Deku is doing. Does he agree on the idea of being like AM or have his views changed and he wants more cooperation?

It’s very interesting.

Stain is the biggest wild card tbh. Idk if he’s following Deku or AM right now, nor how he would respond to what Deku is doing. Does he agree on the idea of being like AM or have his views changed and he wants more cooperation?

It’s very interesting.
That is very interesting. I really want Stain and Deku to talk cause Stain might be one of the few who could truly get and reach Deku on this whole thing after all he went on a one man crusade and didn’t run himself ragged

It just clicked to me how the entire 1-A class considers Deku a friend but literally 95% of them don’t even talk to him like at all 😂

It just clicked to me how the entire 1-A class considers Deku a friend but literally 95% of them don’t even talk to him like at all 😂
On screen at least. We know they talk a lot more since they’re all literal roommates. Like the little conversations between him and Jiro or him and Kaminari.

There are just times that I just feel they don’t really care about him, just their nature to want to save people lol

The issue I have with “it’s too small” though, is that Howitzer Impact’s size depends on how big Todoroki’s ice wall is, which reaches across the stadium and surpasses it in height. The stadium is not a normal one, it is humongous, meaning the explosion has to be ridiculously big as well.

For reference, the stadium is surrounded by a 4 kilometer track. That means that, from end to end, the stadium itself has to be FAR larger than the calc suggests it is, which puts it at only a couple dozen meters. Meaning that Bakugo’s explosion would also be ridiculously large in order to span the stadiums radius as well.
Give me the size of the stadium and I can do it for you.

I wonder if Iron Maidens will ever be relevant in the story apart from mentions. They were mentioned in Kamino and again in the current arc when Deku dropped off Muscular at a police station + were used to restrain USJ Nomu. They are no ordinary technology.

Like what are they made off, their exact functions, etc.

Also what are their limits. If they can hold Kamino AFO, Muscular and USJ Nomu then who can possibly break out of them or can they restrain everyone in the verse.

Back