• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The issue I have with “it’s too small” though, is that Howitzer Impact’s size depends on how big Todoroki’s ice wall is, which reaches across the stadium and surpasses it in height. The stadium is not a normal one, it is humongous, meaning the explosion has to be ridiculously big as well.

For reference, the stadium is surrounded by a 4 kilometer track. That means that, from end to end, the stadium itself has to be FAR larger than the calc suggests it is, which puts it at only a couple dozen meters. Meaning that Bakugo’s explosion would also be ridiculously large in order to span the stadiums radius as well.
Wit cant be done, bakugo’s explosion didnt go near that size. It destroyed lower portions of the ice and the rest fell apart.

Deku's friends in 1A: Ochako, Iida, Tsuyu, Mineta, Shoto, Bakugo, Mina.

These are at least his closest friends that he spends the most time with.

However, going by license arc we know Deku has significant clout in his class as everyone apart from Shoto, Kaminari and Kirishima followed him. The License arc + the movies do place Deku in a semi-leadership position whenever he interacts with his classmates before a battle.

I also forgot Aoyama who looks up to Deku.

Deku's friends in 1A: Ochako, Iida, Tsuyu, Mineta, Shoto, Bakugo, Mina.

These are at least his closest friends that he spends the most time with.

However, going by license arc we know Deku has significant clout in his class as everyone apart from Shoto, Kaminari and Kirishima followed him. The License arc + the movies do place Deku in a semi-leadership position whenever he interacts with his classmates before a battle.

I also forgot Aoyama who looks up to Deku.
🦆

You say it reaches near the top but thats not anywhere close to the top and yes it indeed is an explosion.
Except that IS near the top? The ice spike, that it is only a couple meters away from reaching the top of, is Todoroki’s ice wall. That makes the overall explosion comparable in size, though smaller.

Once again, it's time to take a stroll through this argument.
What evidence do I need to provide when the statements clearly says All Might made these storms through condensation? Seriously, no matter how you spin it, the storm wasn't created through kinetic energy, your ignorant interpretation of the anime doesn't trump the manga statements and laws of physics.
First of all, despite your attempts at making it seem like I'm ignorant to how the feat operated, I never ruled out the possibility that this was done through CAPE. Because there's evidence in the anime suggesting that All Might created the clouds first, then brought them in via the Kinetic Energy of his Cyclone. It's not impossible for that to happen.

In fact? You've been ignoring this section of my argument for the past several pages or so. If you're trying to prove me wrong, it'd be good to address all of my arguments first.

. Because there's evidence in the anime suggesting that All Might created the clouds first, then brought them in via the Kinetic Energy of his Cyclone. It's not impossible for that to happen.

The smash was shown to be going directly above them and since you both agree that he created the storm clouds, how exactly would he pull something in Thats directly above them? That doesnt seem right. In the anime all we see are the storm clouds spinning in circles, none of the sort implying he pulled the clouds from a far away distance. I dont see why not just do KE for the clouds spinning

Here’s something I’ve also been wondering by the way about the Full Gauntlet from the movie. This is a thought I’ve had ever since I saw him seemingly power up to fight Wolfram then run on par with All Might out of nowhere.

When Deku got the Mid Gauntlets, which are bad versions of the Full Gauntlet, All Might said that they would reinforce his entire body, not just his arms. If this is the logic for them, then it should be true that the Full Gauntlet reinforced Deku’s whole body as well to a degree, right? We even see this with Deku using 30%; he activates full cowl and the gauntlet, but never says the percent he’s using until he goes for a punch. That would imply he used 30% full cowl there no?

So if the full gauntlet actually makes his whole body stronger, that would remove the outlier of him keeping up with AM and him breaking that steel pillar, since it would be attributed to a higher percent.
The mid gauntlets reinforcing his whole body wasnt a concept created until recent chapters, during the movie, nothing like this was stated or implied. Matter of fact, its directly stated it would take the smashes of his arms, not anywhere else.
Deku using 30% in a punch but having full cowl on does not mean he was using 30% on his entire body, it simply means that his arm had 30%. If Deku also had his whole body reinforced, then he wouldn’t constantly be using all his heavy smashes on the gauntlet, something we see him do consistently.

Deku running on par with Am isnt an outlier or inconsistency, as AM never runs at 100%. All this means is that AM was running at 5%, lol. All of AM major movements are caused by him jumping, in which he uses more percentages of OFA, not by him just running because its been established that he cannot do that.

There is no KE, the ice doesn't move it forms in place. Todoroki can't move his ice after he makes it, we would've seen that by now.

4 km is the circumference of the race track which surrounds the stadium, the stadium itself would be smaller. Also the stadium/track is not circle, it's an ellipse or a oval if you prefer.
The ice is traveling out is it not? Anything with mass and traveling outwards accounts for KE, correct?

It's not traveling at all, he's freezing the air.

The ice he creates doesn't move, there is no KE. He freezes the air, then he freezes the air in front of his ice, which causes the ice to grow. It gives the illusion of moving because of how fast he freezes it, but the Todoroki specifically states that he cannot control his ice. He just freezes, he cannot move it.

A good example, think of a lake.

The center of a lake starts to freeze and the ice makes it to the edge in a few seconds. The ice/water didn't move during this process, the water was just being frozen. Now replace the water with the air, Todoroki freezes the air and can freeze the air that's in contact with his ice.

It grows, it does not move.

It's not traveling at all, he's freezing the air.

The ice he creates doesn't move, there is no KE. He freezes the air, then he freezes the air in front of his ice, which causes the ice to grow. It gives the illusion of moving because of how fast he freezes it, but the Todoroki specifically states that he cannot control his ice. He just freezes, he cannot move it.
Where is it stated he just freezes the air? I dont recall this being mentioned anywhere at all, if he simply just freezes the air, why does he need contact with a physical object to allow this to happen? I dont recall any of this being stated

...? Are you serious.

How does he make ice without freezing the air? He wouldn't be able to freeze anything above the ground, how does his giant ice wall work?

Don't you dare say he has creation and magically warps ice into existence.

I'm confused, your saying Todoroki generates his own ice from within his body. He doesn't freeze the ground or the air, he's just summoning ice from within his body and laying it out the ground or something?

So Todoroki's ice calcs are wrong as well, since his giant ice wall calc works because we're calculating the energy used to freeze the air. But he's not freezing the air, he's just taking ice out of his own body?

I'm confused, your saying Todoroki generates his own ice from within his body. He doesn't freeze the ground or the air, he's just summoning ice from within his body and laying it out the ground or something?

So Todoroki's ice calcs are wrong as well, since his giant ice wall calc works because we're calculating the energy used to freeze the air. But he's not freezing the air, he's just taking ice out of his own body?
I thought that was how he created the ice glaciers, by producing the ice. If he was just freezing air he wouldnt need support like the rod momo created for him so he could freeze the ground if he just froze the air. He also wouldnt have to be touching the ground as hes just freezing. Nothing would make sense if that was the case. Can you provide when these things were stated?

But the calcs literally say they are calcing Todoroki CREATING the ice, not freezing the air or anything. Im honestly confused

He can only freeze what he's in contact with, he's always touching the air though he has to start from a solid surface.

Using that logic, Todoroki should be able to shoot ice out of his hand like he does his fire. But at no point does he do anything like that.

However I don't mind that explanation, anything to remove Low 7-C Todoroki from the AP.

It's not possible to calculation creation, heat of fusion and vaporization, it'll all assuming he's freezing the air. If he's just generating ice from within his body than he's not freezing anything, there's nothing to calculate since he's just creating the ice from within his body.

He can only freeze what he's in contact with, he's always touching the air though he has to start from a solid surface.

Using that logic, Todoroki should be able to shoot ice out of his hand like he does his fire. But at no point does he do anything like that.

However I don't mind that explanation, anything to remove Low 7-C Todoroki from the AP.
At this point idek anymore. Ima reframe from talking about something I have no knowledge on. Im just going to say he starts with a surface, freezes it, and from there on forward he created more ice.

It's not possible to calculation creation, heat of fusion and vaporization, it'll all assuming he's freezing the air. If he's just generating ice from within his body than he's not freezing anything, there's nothing to calculate since he's just creating the ice from within his body.
I see

Just went back to his Quirk description, it just states that he freezes with his right and burns with his left.

We know he does freeze, as he's shown being able to freeze water.

I refuse to believe that when he's never used it during battle despite how helpful it'd be.

If he creates ice than, yay! There's no reason to assume he's freezing the air which means Low 7-C goes away. Which also means the re do calc at Low 7-B+ is incorrect as well.

I don’t care either way.

All I know?

Is this icy-hot looking anime boy was shooting straight ice out of his hands like a Ki Blast in the cultural festival.

Does Todoroki generate ice or does he generate cold.

Now that I think about it, we don't have a clear answer. With ice vs cold, it's like the difference between Rukia's Bankai and Toshiro's Bankai in Bleach.

We do know that a lot of characters in the series can generate water like Kota without an explanation of where that water comes from so it is possible for Shoto himself to generate the ice itself but it is also possible that he's generating extreme cold which freezes everything in contact with him.

Although I just realized that could be him freezing the air as well. Yeah he might not be shooting ice, he's sending out a... wave of cold? The tape is what's freezing, he didn't shoot out a icicle. Could that be it?

Although I just realized that could be him freezing the air as well. Yeah he might not be shooting ice, he's sending out a... wave of cold? The tape is what's freezing, he didn't shoot out a icicle. Could that be it?
If he was shooting ice out, he'd impale the tape but instead we see it freezing.

I'm almost certain he's just freezing the air, which comes into contact with the tape, which he continues to freeze.

Personally I just love also how most people’s perceptions of how this fight will go down is either
“Deku absolutely wipes everyone even while weakened”
Or
“Deku can barely think and gets stopped easily”
IMO I think Deku will put up a good fight, but id say the team wins via versatility and teamwork. Teamwork is an extremely Potent power in shonen.

Back