• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

My expectations have been significantly lowered thanks to this season I just hope they do a good adaption of what's in this season, I would prefer them elevating the experience, but considering how this season actively made the manga storyline worse. I'm not expecting much.

Saying Bakugo “provoked” Deku into fighting this chapter is such a small brain take. Like. Out of ALL the things Bakugo has ever said, Deku has never been provoked into a fight. But now when Bakugo makes a little tough love joke that suddenly is enough to send Deku over the edge? Nah. Deku activated his quirk first before Bakugo said “make us”, Deku already decided to try and run, and the class decided to take him by force if necessary.

I’ve liked Vigilantes a lot but still prefer the main manga. I like Deku most. I think Vigilantes kind of dropped the ball because Six’s power is so wonky half the time, and I don’t buy Koichi suddenly being as fast as someone who literally statued an entire police squad as if he was The Flash but then just doesn’t do that at all after that point to anyone. Sure, he likes to run his mouth, but that doesn’t excuse stupidity even when he’s pressed.

As for Koichi, it seems he was given auto-reactions, "My body moved on its own" to explain how he reacted to Six. His attacks are also definintely faster than bullets since Six was dodging bullets but getting tagged by Koichi even when he was statuing other characters. Koichi in general just got a massive reaction speed boost. We knew his movement speed was high but definitely not reactions especially since he is not a fighter.

Today’s episode revealed Burnin’s quirk in the halfway mark cards.

“Quirk: Blazing Hair.
She can control the flames on her head freely to attack, fly, etc.”

I think the Endeavor Agency arc will end at the 105th episode, since the 104th will be an anime-only episode.
103rd covered from the latter third of Chapter 245 up until Chapter 248 barring the last page of Fuyumi inviting them to dinner a week later.
That's where 105 will begin and they either end the arc that episode, or it will end in the first third/half of the 106th episode. Then MVA starts.

I liked the previous Selkie episode, but they should try to make this filler something more. At least try to make it as epic as this latest episode with them actually learning a lot of great things as implied even in the manga.

I'm all for seeing Ryukyu Agency do their thing but if it's just gonna be lackluster and adds nothing, then why bother?

If that's not gonna happen then at least Bones should give us some impressive feats lol

Except everyone seems to believe there is no difference between 100% and FC 100%. So we’d have to believe Deku got like a hundred times stronger between Two Heroes and Heroes Rising. If we’re fine with that, then sure.
I actually did a fair bit of research concerning the jump 7-A+ all the way to Low 6-B. Once the thread is opened? People would probably understand this better,

I actually did a fair bit of research concerning the jump 7-A+ all the way to Low 6-B. Once the thread is opened? People would probably understand this better,
I guess we need the storm feat to be accepted before the thread can be opened up?

If multi city block 5% is accepted Ill try to see if they will accept large town level Bakugo (two heroes) if so then 8% deku will be large town town level

5% Izuku is not going to be 8-A, that'd be a massive outlier if such a feat existed. Bakugo and 8% are not going to be High 7-C either.

All Might storm feat is only Low 7-B, what do you mean?

5% Izuku is not going to be 8-A, that'd be a massive outlier if such a feat existed. Bakugo and 8% are not going to be High 7-C either.

All Might storm feat is only Low 7-B, what do you mean?
I have multiple calcs that prove so just waiting for it to be accepted, just you wait 😈

Way too many people scale to 5%, there is no way there are multiple 8-A feats for 5% that everyone has overlooked. Do not assume your calc are correct until the calc group evaluates them, even then 8-A would currently be an outlier and High 7-C is without a doubt impossible for 8%.

All Might storm is still Low 7-B+, it's not going to be higher than that.

Way too many people scale to 5%, there is no way there are multiple 8-A feats for 5% that everyone has overlooked. Do not assume your calc are correct until the calc group evaluates them, even then 8-A would currently be an outlier and High 7-C is without a doubt impossible for 8%.

All Might storm is still Low 7-B+, it's not going to be higher than that.
A calc member has went over it, the only problem being my measurements and not my actual numbers. I went over and got numerous measurements (even the measurements he presented) and it was city block to multi city block on all of them. So the calc is likely valid and all I gotta do is wait for the thumbs up. Also, the feat in question is the Deku steel beam kick, and yall have accepted said feat. So if it was revisited and calc at multi city block, yall cant just say “no” because its higher than usual. Thats just cringe. Prove its an outlier. Bakugo has a large town level feat in the same movie, and Todoroki has an infinite amount of town level calcs and thats no exaggeration. So I don’t understand why this would be an outlier. Please elaborate on why this is an outlier.

That feat (steel beam feat from Deku) is literally the basis of MHA scaling, if it was revisited and was much higher than it previously was, i fail to understand WHY this cannot be used. Its just the new basis, lol.

Apologies but I'm having difficulties understanding what you're saying.

But... yes we can deny it if the results is become higher. Do you know what an outlier is?

High 8-C, High 8-C, High 8-C, 8-A, High 8-C, and High 8-C. The 8-A is a clear outlier vs the many High 8-C stuff.

Though Bakugo does have a 8-A feat in the movie as well, though the movie feats have been bringing up problems. If they start causing problems beyond the lower tiers, we may have more discussion on not using the movies which would be bad.

Can you link the blog you made on the wiki first, I'd like to take a look at your calcs.

But... yes we can deny it if the results is become higher. Do you know what an outlier is?

High 8-C, High 8-C, High 8-C, 8-A, High 8-C, and High 8-C. The 8-A is a clear outlier vs the many High 8-C stuff.

Though Bakugo does have a 8-A feat in the movie as well, though the movie feats have been bringing up problems. If they start causing problems beyond the lower tiers, we may have more discussion on not using the movies which would be bad.

Can you link the blog you made on the wiki first, I'd like to take a look at your calcs.
You would have to prove its an outlier also yeah I will send the calc over

Also, this reminds me of the fact that Bakugo destroyed like 8 of Wolfram's cubes in a single shot and I remember doing a quick calc of that that ended up at Low 7-C

This is one of Bakugo's strongest explosion, this is stronger than 5% and only comes out to High 8-C+.

This an attack from All For One, which Gran Torino scales to. This is far higher than 5% and Gran Torino can one shot 5% level characters, yet is only 8-B.

This is Fatgum Spear attack, this basically one shotted Rappa who is superior to Yakuza Arc 8% Izuku and Bakugo, yet is only High 8-C+.

5% cannot be 8-A, as it is consistently weaker than characters/feats that are less than 8-A.

That is not a blog post, that cannot be accepted or used on any profiles.

The thing is, its only an “outlier” because its higher than it was previously, which only means that you all shouldnt have went for the first methods of calcing x feat.
There are multiple feats at town level from several characters consistently, multi city block shouldnt be a problem at all. The only things going against this calc is Bakugo’s explosions calcs which shouldnt even be a thing considering the fact that they are inconsistent and the strength of even his small explosions=the strength of his larger explosions. Its dumb and shouldnt be a thing and everything calc from those explosions should be removed.

Also, this reminds me of the fact that Bakugo destroyed like 8 of Wolfram's cubes in a single shot and I remember doing a quick calc of that that ended up at Low 7-C
If the movie starts causing consistencies problems, we do have the right to discuss dropping them all together.

Though we have no idea if Bakugo destroyed the cubes, he could've just stopped them. The explosion itself is 8-A.

If the movie starts causing consistencies problems, we do have the right to discuss dropping them all together.

Though we have no idea if Bakugo destroyed the cubes, he could've just stopped them. The explosion itself is 8-A.
The only inconsistency is your personal interpretation, prove its an outlier. Deku has 8-A feats in the same movie, so does Bakugo and as mentioned Todoroki has an immeasurable amount of town level calcs and thats no joke.

You have not linked a blog post, nothing is accepted and you have no calc.

They aren't going to be 8-A or Low 7-C, period. The movies will be dropped from scaling all together before that happens.

What consistency problems? There is none, it's just "it's too high." Pretty sure this goes for any verse, you don't call a big feat an outlier just because you have a bunch of other things saying otherwise when the big feat is meant to be a big feat while the others are just regular stuff.

What consistency problems? There is none, it's just "it's too high." Pretty sure this goes for any verse, you don't call a big feat an outlier just because you have a bunch of other things saying otherwise when the big feat is meant to be a big feat while the others are just regular stuff.
Name me one 8-A feat in the manga that scales to 5% and name me a High 7-C feat that scales to 8%.

Back