• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

No calc can be accepted unless it's made into a blog post, until that happens this discussion is pointless.

Name me one 8-A feat in the manga that scales to 5% and name me a High 7-C feat that scales to 8%.
To answer that question, I'll ask another: You know Todoroki's Heaven-Piercing Ice Wall, right? Why is that separate from his Half-Cold? It's not even one of his best attacks, that would be something like Flashfreeze Heatwave.

To answer that question, I'll ask another: You know Todoroki's Heaven-Piercing Ice Wall, right? Why is that separate from his Half-Cold? It's not even one of his best attacks, that would be something like Flashfreeze Heatwave.
That doesn't scale to anything, temperature feats don't scale to anything because they aren't physical force.

Todoroki cannot even hit anyone with 8-A level of forces, that has nothing to do with 5% or 8% being 8-A and High 7-C.

That's still a super move, he calls it one during the media training and not all of his ice attacks are that big.

This is one of Bakugo's strongest explosion, this is stronger than 5% and only comes out to High 8-C+.

This an attack from All For One, which Gran Torino scales to. This is far higher than 5% and Gran Torino can one shot 5% level characters, yet is only 8-B.

This is Fatgum Spear attack, this basically one shotted Rappa who is superior to Yakuza Arc 8% Izuku and Bakugo, yet is only High 8-C+.

5% cannot be 8-A, as it is consistently weaker than characters/feats that are less than 8-A.

That is not a blog post, that cannot be accepted or used on any profiles.
Ive already explained that scaling off of Bakugo’s explosions is dumb and doesnt work, anything scaling from it should be hakai’d.

That attack is higher than City block as it could harm All Might, note 5% Deku could harm Grand Tornino with his attacks so all you’re doing is making it even more consistent.

FatGum’s spear was weakened so I dont even understand why you are using that as an argument, also whats the famous term? “Feats arent limitations”. You even gave an argument that would be in favor of 5% Deku, lol. Its consistent with other feats (bakugo and todoroki) so I dont see the problem.

Why is it that everytime I look away, someone is bringing up “feats that are higher than the feats we have are outliers,” but instead of actual arguments against such a claim, it’s just “lol no.”

Anyway, 8-A ain’t happening chief. You would have to have tons of 8-A feats that are consistent and approved to make a change like that. Because you’re talking about throwing the entire scaling chain out of whack for like 75% of the characters, not a few.

Weird how 5% Deku is “city block level” when he got one tapped by someone without a strength enhancing quirk who was then pierced by a bullet and needed multiple flurries of punches to knock out common Yakuza thugs.

”You can’t be a hero without a quirk” means nothing since apparently anyone can just lift some weights or just be “born strong” to be multi city block level in physicals I guess.

That doesn't scale to anything, temperature feats don't scale to anything because they aren't physical force.

Todoroki cannot even hit anyone with 8-A level of forces, that has nothing to do with 5% or 8% being 8-A and High 7-C.

That's still a super move, he calls it one during the media training and not all of his ice attacks are that big.
The feat scales to itself and its consistent with others. I would only bring this up for consistency. Also, im pretty sure there are KE calcs that make it that powerful making it scale to many people regardless. Its all in consistency.

Weird how 5% Deku is “city block level” when he got one tapped by someone without a strength enhancing quirk who was then pierced by a bullet and needed multiple flurries of punches to knock out common Yakuza thugs.

”You can’t be a hero without a quirk” means nothing since apparently anyone can just lift some weights or just be “born strong” to be multi city block level in physicals I guess.
To be fair, this isn’t an argument, since those Yakuza thugs are ALSO genetically mutated super humans. And we all know how fiction treats piercing damage.

Why is it that everytime I look away, someone is bringing up “feats that are higher than the feats we have are outliers,” but instead of actual arguments against such a claim, it’s just “lol no.”

Anyway, 8-A ain’t happening chief. You would have to have tons of 8-A feats that are consistent and approved to make a change like that. Because you’re talking about throwing the entire scaling chain out of whack for like 75% of the characters, not a few.
They are all large building level BASED OFF ONE FEAT, that feat being 5% Deku’s feat. Which, if accepted, will be city block-multi city block.

They just scale. 🌚

Let's also mentioned Endeavor and Jeanist who have no durability enhancing Quirk, yet are Low 7-B+ and 8-A respectfully.

Ignoring that Endeavor was shown to take more damage than Ryukyu, a Dragon, and keep moving. And Jeanist remained conscious after taking an attack that knocked out Mount Lady and Gang Orca.

To be fair, this isn’t an argument, since those Yakuza thugs are ALSO genetically mutated super humans. And we all know how fiction treats piercing damage.
It is an argument. One literally needs a regular gun to do anything and the other throws knives. Why have a gun when you can apparently punch at CITY BLOCK levels? Are guns city block level??

They are all large building level BASED OFF ONE FEAT, that feat being 5% Deku’s feat. Which, if accepted, will be city block-multi city block.
No they aren't, there are almost a dozen High 8-C feats.

Though by your logic, all of Bakugo's feats can't be used because reasons.

If 8% Deku suddenly got a Lightspeed feat in the third movie by dodging natural, true light, would that be accepted? And would half the cast scale because of that??

Or maybe outliers are outliers afterall.

It is an argument. One literally needs a regular gun to do anything and the other throws knives. Why have a gun when you can apparently punch at CITY BLOCK levels? Are guns city block level??
Guns in MHA are just stronger han regular guns. Dont forget a REVOLVER could harm Tetsutsu who has large building level durability. These thugs likely have guns that are severely more powerful than a revolver that some kid had. Just consistency and like another member mentioned, piercing feats shouldn’t be taken serious at all.

They’re based mainly off of Bakugo and the Deku feat. If the Deku feat winds up seeming to high/outlier-ish, it just gets dropped and we go back to scaling solely off Bakugo.

I mean, to be fair, Shigaraki got lit the **** up when Snipe shot him. So bullets are effective.

Oh there’s also the whole, y’know, THEY LIVE IN THE FUTURE WITH 20x BETTER TECHNOLOGY THAN US, INCLUDING GUNS. You’re telling me it’s 200 years in the future and Wolfram rolled up to I-island with some prehistoric guns and NOT stolen future guns? The entire basis of “lol they lose to guns” is ridiculous when the setting already establishes that their technology is far better than our own in every way.

No they aren't, there are almost a dozen High 8-C feats.

Though by your logic, all of Bakugo's feats can't be used because reasons.
Can you show me the high 8-c feats? And yes, Bakugo explosions shouldnt be calc as they are literally inconsistent and its brain dead to scale others off their sheer size. Using that logic, almost everyone would be street level for being harmed by bakugo’s smaller explosions

I would denounce all of MHA if Horikoshi had the gun market not improve by literal light years during the emergence of Quirks. As if Americans would EVER not improve their shooty sticks in 200 years when faced with sudden super powered freaks.

If 8% Deku suddenly got a Lightspeed feat in the third movie by dodging natural, true light, would that be accepted? And would half the cast scale because of that??

Or maybe outliers are outliers afterall.
Something like that could be deemed as an outlier, sure, but in the case of city block 5%, 5% is literally the bases of MHA scaling.

Actually, it was approved to 7-A a while ago by Therefir. Don't really care about 8-A 5% Deku though. It's none of my concern.
And was rejected afterward, KE cannot be used for that feat as explained earlier in the thread. All Might didn't draw in clouds he made them by creating a updraft.

They might become 7-A via the cube feat, not the storm which will remain Low 7-B+.

They’re based mainly off of Bakugo and the Deku feat. If the Deku feat winds up seeming to high/outlier-ish, it just gets dropped and we go back to scaling solely off Bakugo.

I mean, to be fair, Shigaraki got lit the **** up when Snipe shot him. So bullets are effective.

Oh there’s also the whole, y’know, THEY LIVE IN THE FUTURE WITH 20x BETTER TECHNOLOGY THAN US, INCLUDING GUNS. You’re telling me it’s 200 years in the future and Wolfram rolled up to I-island with some prehistoric guns and NOT stolen future guns? The entire basis of “lol they lose to guns” is ridiculous when the setting already establishes that their technology is far better than our own in every way.
Scaling off of bakugo’s explosions shouldnt exist.

Except it’s been stated that much of technological growth stagnated due to people being surprised by quirks, leading to the schism between quirk and quirkless people. Outside of very few outlier super scientists like Melissa and Dave and the general hero support companies, technology is mostly the same. I don’t see any super AI in cars or any energy guns or super rifles. It’s literally just gunpowder revolvers and basic handguns modeled off guns in the real world.

Shigaraki got riddled with bullets when he was at his weakest with pretty much zero real feats or showings.

The movies should barely be used as a base for scaling because half the feats are absolutely gigantic outliers compared to 90% of the stuff in the manga when the characters are at their comparative levels, like the “20% Deku makes a giant tornado with a kick that doesn’t even send the nearby trees flying, when in the manga he only made some leaves rustle a bit”, and the only way that makes sense is if he suddenly got hundreds of times stronger at the same 20% level in, what, not even a few months?

From our very own outlier page itself.

"Most verses tend to be extremely inconsistent regarding conventional firearms. Characters with reaction speed and durability feats that enormously surpass those of any man-made weapon, have often been blitzed and severely harmed by regular bullets. Although piercing damage is a legitimate part of real world physics, that we have unfortunately not been able to properly incorporate into our system for practical reasons, it is often exaggerated in fiction to the point that almost any character without some form of metallic body protection will usually treat lead bullets as a lethal threat. This should also not be taken seriously for scaling purposes."

Except it’s been stated that much of technological growth stagnated due to people being surprised by quirks, leading to the schism between quirk and quirkless people. Outside of very few outlier super scientists like Melissa and Dave and the general hero support companies, technology is mostly the same. I don’t see any super AI in cars or any energy guns or super rifles. It’s literally just gunpowder revolvers and basic handguns modeled off guns in the real world.
When did we get fully functional holograms and combat robots the size of skyscrapers?

Wall level 8% 😳
image0.png

From our very own outlier page itself.

"Most verses tend to be extremely inconsistent regarding conventional firearms. Characters with reaction speed and durability feats that enormously surpass those of any man-made weapon, have often been blitzed and severely harmed by regular bullets. Although piercing damage is a legitimate part of real world physics, that we have unfortunately not been able to properly incorporate into our system for practical reasons, it is often exaggerated in fiction to the point that almost any character without some form of metallic body protection will usually treat lead bullets as a lethal threat. This should also not be taken seriously for scaling purposes."
Lets gooo

When did we get fully functional holograms and combat robots the size of skyscrapers?
Made by the hero courses, so they are outliers, not the common technology of the common folk. Show me a single cop or common thug in the series with some super futuristic gun. Show me where the flying cars are at. Show me where the neural implants are at. Show me Inko flying around in an Iron Man suit.

Back