• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Hell, I guess Dave’s assistant in the suit who’s name I can’t remember is multi-building level because he got shot by a “future gun” and didn’t tear in half. The same gun sent Deku flying. Who is apparently city block level now?

I don’t get the Bakugo vs Deku picture. All the explosion did was send him flying when he was already in the air, I don’t remember it actually doing damage.

And it’s not like Bakugo isn’t capable of controlling the AP of his explosions regardless of size.

Kirishima wanted Bakugo, Sato, and 8% Izuku to beat him for his training while in Unbreakable.

Right before that, he mentions how he'll become strong enough to withstand blows like Rappa in the future. While Izuku doesn't join, we see both Bakugo and Sato attacking him and Bakugo even comments that he'll hit him with his Howitzer.

Kirishima is basically saying they aren't as strong as Rappa, as he himself admits he can't take his attacks just yet, but will in the future.

They’re based mainly off of Bakugo and the Deku feat. If the Deku feat winds up seeming to high/outlier-ish, it just gets dropped and we go back to scaling solely off Bakugo.

I mean, to be fair, Shigaraki got lit the **** up when Snipe shot him. So bullets are effective.

Oh there’s also the whole, y’know, THEY LIVE IN THE FUTURE WITH 20x BETTER TECHNOLOGY THAN US, INCLUDING GUNS. You’re telling me it’s 200 years in the future and Wolfram rolled up to I-island with some prehistoric guns and NOT stolen future guns? The entire basis of “lol they lose to guns” is ridiculous when the setting already establishes that their technology is far better than our own in every way.
Wait what? The series takes place in the 23rd century?

I always found it weird that no one seems to bring up what it was like living under All For One times. Like. Wouldn’t Inko have lived through most of her life when he was in his prime? Or was All Might already around back then disabling his operations and clobbering bad guys for, like, 20 years before he punched his head off?? Maybe I just have bad grasp of time.

I always found it weird that no one seems to bring up what it was like living under All For One times. Like. Wouldn’t Inko have lived through most of her life when he was in his prime? Or was All Might already around back then disabling his operations and clobbering bad guys for, like, 20 years before he punched his head off?? Maybe I just have bad grasp of time.
True. No one seems to talk about it. We have almost no clue what it was actually like back then.

AFO wasn't really a public ruler, he stuck to the shadows and even people in the underworld like Chisaki thought he was just an urban legend.

Of course in the beginning he was more well known as we saw, but it's mentioned that he was never recorded in any text books. Izuku knew about someone like AFO, as he's heard rumors about him online but didn't believe it.

Chisaki mentioned that the elders believed in him, and were afraid of him.

Inko isn't that old, since I assume Chisaki is talking about people who are Grandparent age. Some of them even thought he was dead.

So “the dark ages” was just more of the same, just more rainy. From what the series has told us so far anyways. Maybe everyone thought the government was just sucky in that era.

And was rejected afterward, KE cannot be used for that feat as explained earlier in the thread. All Might didn't draw in clouds he made them by creating a updraft.

They might become 7-A via the cube feat, not the storm which will remain Low 7-B+.
And who said it was rejected, to begin with? A lot of people agree it was done via Kinetic Energy, and I have thoroughly explained the logistics behind this. You can't use reasoning which was thoroughly debunked like, five thousand times.

Because nothing points to KE besides a single shot of the clouds spinning in the anime, which isn't evidence for KE.

Even the anime has the cloud's shadow just slowly appear, they aren't being drawn in like your calc assumes. It is stated that All Might's weather punch was done by creating a updraft and the anime even added a line that said he made the clouds. Not that he drew in a bunch of clouds.

Because nothing points to KE besides a single shot of the clouds spinning in the anime, which isn't evidence for KE.
Why isn't that evidence then? This is just you appealing to your own personal beliefs, when presented with legitimate evidence that disproves your argument. Aka, the argument to incredulity. Extremely fallacious I would say.

Even the anime has the cloud's shadow just slowly appear, they aren't being drawn in like your calc assumes. It is stated that All Might's weather punch was done by creating a updraft and the anime even added a line that said he made the clouds. Not that he drew in a bunch of clouds.
Firstly, you can't judge whether or not this was done by KE through a ******* shadow. The only thing we're shown here is that the sky gets darker. That's it. This isn't sufficient evidence to say that this isn't done through KE. Secondly, All Might could've created the clouds over a long distance thanks to the shock-wave of his punch, and then brought them in with the KE of his cyclone.

Funnily enough? All of this is stuff I've already addressed like, several pages before you typed this message. So this isn't anything new. My point still stands. And regardless of what you think, several people already pretty much agree with this calculation. That out rules you.

He didn't calculate the spinning of the clouds, his KE was for drawing the clouds in.

I worded that wrongly, his KE was for pulling in nearby clouds together to create the storm. Which isn't what happened, it was stated that All Might made the clouds not drew them in. And the visuals in the anime support the clouds being created, as the shadow would've shown them being drawn in.

But instead we see them slowly form, not coming in from a distance.

However if Therefir does confirm that he still agrees with the calc, I'll drop this topic.

Edit: Earthyboy please calm yourself, I am not trying to anger you in any way.

Why isn't that evidence then? This is just you appealing to your own personal beliefs, when presented with legitimate evidence that disproves your argument. Aka, the argument to incredulity. Extremely fallacious I would say.

Firstly, you can't judge whether or not this was done by KE through a ******* shadow. The only thing we're shown here is that the sky gets darker. That's it. This isn't sufficient evidence to say that this isn't done through KE. Secondly, All Might could've created the clouds over a long distance thanks to the shock-wave of his punch, and then brought them in with the KE of his cyclone.

Funnily enough? All of this is stuff I've already addressed like, several pages before you typed this message. So this isn't anything new. My point still stands. And regardless of what you think, several people already pretty much agree with this calculation. That out rules you.
Could you send me your calc?

He didn't calculate the spinning of the clouds, his KE was for drawing the clouds in.

I worded that wrongly, his KE was for pulling in nearby clouds together to create the storm. Which isn't what happened, it was stated that All Might made the clouds not drew them in. And the visuals in the anime support the clouds being created.
When was it stated he made the clouds, to begin with? Even if he did create the clouds, there's still evidence suggesting he moved them over a long distance. And I already explained to you why using visuals isn't valid. Why are you still using the same argument?

However if Therefir does confirm that he still agrees with the calc, I'll drop this topic.
That is acceptable.

I won't bring up any arguments for now, since Therefir holds the final say in this, I'll wait for him.

Apologies if I made you upset, that was not my intention.

Forget about All Might. Let’s talk about the unscratched ground where he punched. He punched downwards and yet not a single crack on the ground. That’s some pretty good cement. I see where that 200 years of technological advancement went.

Forget about All Might. Let’s talk about the unscratched ground where he punched. He punched downwards and yet not a single crack on the ground. That’s some pretty good cement. I see where that 200 years of technological advancement went.
Cement=mountain level. Same goes for all the people as the shockwave was shown to go past them soooo… scales to sludge monsyer as well as he was literally the epicenter of the smash

Tohru the Dragon Maid teleports to MHA to become Tohru: The Maid Hero to impress Miss Kobayashi and show her how heroic she can be. What rank can she obtain?

Honestly people need to be patient.

Debating the same 2 Storm feats over and over again changes nothing. This argument has been done a million times at this point.

Can't people just wait for more 100% feats.

Honestly people need to be patient.

Debating the same 2 Storm feats over and over again changes nothing. This argument has been done a million times at this point.

Can't people just wait for more 100% feats.
Everytime we get a new one its just “its an outlier”

Tohru the Dragon Maid teleports to MHA to become Tohru: The Maid Hero to impress Miss Kobayashi and show her how heroic she can be. What rank can she obtain?
She'll be in the Top 10, at least. We've been shown that Tohru is capable of taking down criminals and can do things competently if she puts her mind in it. But she'll probably quit within a week, so she may not get ranked at all (it happens twice a year), despite being able to basically solo the verse.

Still, the Dragon Maid profiles are like, 2 years outdated. We had people like Kimun Kamui who IIRC vaporized a mountain range with a single attack that was actually halved by Tohru, and that attack still keep going over the horizon and cut the sea. Along with other world-ending statements. We might also see more feats for Lucoa in the current arc.

Last edited:
Back