• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Does that happen after chapter 96? Because I’m only up to there. There was only one other flashback of his quirk being taken but we have no idea how it happened. Could’ve used a trap quirk for all we know.

Does that happen after chapter 96? Because I’m only up to there. There was only one other flashback of his quirk being taken but we have no idea how it happened. Could’ve used a trap quirk for all we know.
AFO just grabbed him and that was it. Also Koichi would also have to be faster than All Might if one assumes O'clock is faster. Sane for guys that were in O'clock's speed tier like Rappa and Hood.

was able to keep up with Shigaraki, who scales from the USJ Nomu and therefore from USJ All Might as well.
The USJ Nomu doesn't scale to USJ All Might, the only reason he didn't get bodied so fast is because he had a shock absorption quirk and was specifically designed to fight All Might. Shock absorption + regen made it extremely difficult to put down and once he got past his regen/shock absorbtion All Might casually smacked him around and sent him flying out of the building. Lets be honest, A 45% Deku wouldn't fair well against the USJ Nomu solely because of that quirk combination

USJ Nomu matched All Might's punches (Until he went beyond 100%) and could injure him with a punch even though he blocked the attack. All Might saved Bakugo and he was sent flying by the punch even though he blocked it. His arm is rather bruised from the attack, also AFO or the Doctor stated that the USJ Nomu was as strong as All Might.

USJ Nomu = USJ All Might>Plus Ultra USJ All Might. Trying to say the USJ Nomu doesn't scale to All Might is ridiculous, when it's power was stated multiple times to be on par with All Might's own strength. And was fast enough that even All Might considered it to be fast.

However if you have a problem with the current scaling you can make a CRT. I'd suggest not clogging up the general discussion thread with this topic.

All we see is AfO grab O'Clock by the head and steal his quirk, no reason for us to assume he had a "Trap quick"
"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."

Vigilantes 105 is out.

Koichi can cancel out Six's explosions with his quirk.

It is also confirmed that Koichi is just as fast as Six and he even has higher maneuverability than Six while being able to fly.

Didn't Ujiko specifically say Shiggy hadn't reached All Might level physicals just yet?
Granted he still scales to Low 7-B regardless but I feel like that shouldn't be the justification.

Didn't Ujiko specifically say Shiggy hadn't reach All Might level physicals just yet?
Granted he still scales to Low 7-B regardless but I feel like that shouldn't be the justification.
It's likely he meant Prime All Might, since Ujiko would be aware of AM's strength in his prime. Meanwhile, Endeavor said he's as strong as All Might, which we take as Kamino All Might given that's the only version that we know he's seen in combat.

Can we open that One For All discussion thread that Earthy made yet? All the calcs have been evaluated at this point except the Heroes Rising one, which is going to get deemed an outlier anyway. So the 7-B to 7-A stuff should be getting discussed.

He can't blitz someone like Iida for example and I doubt he can blitz Bakugo either after War arc boost. He probably can't one-shot unbreakable Kirishima as he currently is.

Tokoyami and Todoroki should have the AP to take him on and currently both of them can also fly. It's just their defence that leaves a lot to be desired.

Can we open that One For All discussion thread that Earthy made yet? All the calcs have been evaluated at this point except the Heroes Rising one, which is going to get deemed an outlier anyway. So the 7-B to 7-A stuff should be getting discussed.
BoS he's 7-A+ bordering on High 7-A. High 6-C really isn't much of an outlier anymore.

BoS he's 7-A+ bordering on High 7-A. High 6-C really isn't much of an outlier anymore.
Except everyone seems to believe there is no difference between 100% and FC 100%. So we’d have to believe Deku got like a hundred times stronger between Two Heroes and Heroes Rising. If we’re fine with that, then sure.

Except everyone seems to believe there is no difference between 100% and FC 100%. So we’d have to believe Deku got like a hundred times stronger between Two Heroes and Heroes Rising. If we’re fine with that, then sure.
He's been training for a year so it's not really farfetched. His base form went from 9-B to basically High 8-C, and with the exponential nature of One For All, I think it makes sense.

He can't blitz someone like Iida for example and I doubt he can blitz Bakugo either after War arc boost. He probably can't one-shot unbreakable Kirishima as he currently is.

Tokoyami and Todoroki should have the AP to take him on and currently both of them can also fly. It's just their defence that leaves a lot to be desired.
Did Unbreakable Kirishima get some major buff that I'm forgetting?

USJ Nomu clearly scales to All Might in physicals. It wasn’t just the quirk combination. The USJ Nomu was literally holding him in place for several minutes and he was unable to even loosen his fingers until Todoroki froze his muscles.

Yeah, their original plan was literally for the USJ Nomu to restrain All Might while Kurogiri cuts him in half. Said plan wouldn't work if the Nomu wasn't comparable to the target it needed to restrain.

Inb4 “he grabbed his weakspot”, so grabbing All Might’s weakspot makes him less than 1/8 of his strength or something? Sounds pretty exploitable. So exploitable that it was only done a grand total of 2 times.

Also, I just happened to finish Vigilantes as soon as the latest chapter dropped. Cool.

Koichi suddenly being Overclock speed didn’t really make sense to me. It’s a bit weird. The entire chapter I was just thinking, “dude, Six, you don’t need a plan. Just do that thing where you literally blitzed 8 different people, had an entire speech, casually walked around and shot everyone with their own guns in a literal instant. I don’t think Koichi is a bullet timer.”

Also, I think Six’s original quirk was that he was born with the quirk to shapeshift his face to anyone else he has seen. The cost being he was born without a face himself, so that’s why he seeks an identity so bad. He was born as a literal blank slate.

The author probably couldn't think of anything else to give Koichi a fighting chance other than to make Slide and Glide as fast as Overclock.
Otherwise, Six should've stomped Koichi already.

It's been established that Koichi can go that fast though, he did dodge Six's attacks while rescuing Pop. Six should have higher perception speed though, that should've aided him and given him the advantage as Koichi is only comparable in movement speed.

I think ultimately, Six just absolutely sucks at actual combat. He mainly relies on overwhelming his opponent with his quirks.
A quirkless Knuckleduster would've ****** him up if KD didn't change his goal from kill to capture.

they adapted Overhaul arc in about 14ish episodes , the war being mostly action tells me we will finish it within 12 episodes so 1 cour. maybe a little longer if they pad things out.

the aftermath and prison break is even shorter so maybe 4ish episodes at most, and then the Obligatory recap episode.

which brings me to about 17 episodes.

This means that I think they will either pad out the war arc a bit more, have more than 1 original content for the season, or they will adapt the current arc we are on.

Back