• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Does this calculation of the Double Detroit Smash look fine to everyone? It's basically the last calculation that needs to be approved since everyone is pretty much on board with All Might's feat from chapter one of the manga, and Two for All from Heroes Rising. If this one is approved, we can finally reopen my thread.

The thing with Double Detroit Smash is that it appears far higher than just x2 in both films since in both movies, the characters were struggling with attacks multitudes weaker not just twice weaker even when using 100%.

Anyway, my guess is that they did indeed go plus ultra for both Double Detroit Smashes so those punches were the absolute strongest they could do (sort of like Deku's 1,000,000% which was boosted by hysterical strength).

All Might's own words in USJ at least show that even at 100% the hits can still get stronger. There isn't a hard limit just cause every blow is 100% and punches at that percentage can also vary in strength.

The thing with Double Detroit Smash is that it appears far higher than just x2 in both films since in both movies, the characters were struggling with attacks multitudes weaker not just twice weaker even when using 100%.
Mind pointing out those attacks then? Because if I recall, aside from the Double Detroit Smash? All of the feats were Town level. Are we trying to argue that Deku and Weakened All Might are 7-C now?

I'm pretty sure that if I were to go out of my way and calculate all of the feats that are related to 100% in the movie, we wouldn't get anything above Large Town level.

Well, even in Kamino most feats are not even near city level. Just sayin.
How does current Deku compare against Captain Celebrity?
Deku honestly has far better feats and scaling.
CC's best feat is lifting a cruise ship, and I'm not sure if his feats during the Sky Egg Bombing would result to anything significantly higher.

That's underselling him too much. He still has his aerodynamic shield for defence whose limits is pretty much unknown considering every time he has taken damage in Vigilantes was when he was "sharing" his shield and using it to protect other things or people.

If he didn't have to use his shield on the kids, the SkyDome or Koichi, we don't know how much he would have tanked.

That's underselling him too much. He still has his aerodynamic shield for defence whose limits is pretty much unknown considering every time he has taken damage in Vigilantes was when he was "sharing" his shield and using it to protect other things or people.

If he didn't have to use his shield on the kids, the SkyDome or Koichi, we don't know how much he would have tanked.
But that wouldn't mean he could beat Deku though. This is similar to Saitama, we don't know how strong he is at max power, so we just assume he's as strong as the strongest feat performed in OPM.

And this is assuming that we're using 20% Deku. We could raise the bar all the way up to 45% if we really wanted to. Besides, there are not many people on the planet who could probably contend with Deku at this point, given all of his quirks.

No spoilers because I just got to this part in vigilantes, but at what % would Deku equal the feat of the speedster villain guy blitzing and statueing the cops, if he even can?

Should Deku have resistance to Pressure Points for not being knocked out by Lover Mode Gentle karate chopping his neck. And shouldn't Ochako actually HAVE pressure points since she one shot Yanagi.

So, what does everyone think of my calculations so far? It'd probably be better to get this approval thing out of the way, so my CRT can finally be opened again.

So, what does everyone think of my calculations so far? It'd probably be better to get this approval thing out of the way, so my CRT can finally be opened again.
If you ask me, they seem mathematically correct. Whether there are problems in the scans I don't know, and whether people think they are usable is another different matter, which I suppose will be debated in the CRT if the calculations are reviewed to be correct by calc group members.

Yeah, the anime changes or removes a lot of things in such a weird way.

Manga Deku: blocked Gentle’s attack.
Anime Deku: Just lay there and took it, but it didn’t do anything anyway.

Manga Deku: Overhaul nicked his bracer, causing it to be overhauled. Deku just got out of the way in time before he could touch his actual arm though.
Anime Deku: his bracer just… breaks for using 20% for too long? I guess??

Manga Deku: Can only use Air Force to blow some leaves around as he can‘t aim or control it. Needs the gloves to give him that precision ability.
Anime Deku: use a precision bolt that splits a tree open with his second ever use of Air Force. Without his gloves.

Mathematically they’re are no issues (Although I think your two for all calculation seems a bit downplayed on how far the clouds traveled in 1-2 frames)

Whether people won’t call that one an Outlier And have it be rejected in the revision I have no idea

Wolframs Calc seems fine with me for now though

Last edited:
I think they are just fine for the most part. Whether the calc group members think they are usable or there are mistakes is beyond me, though.

Mathematically they’re are no issues (Although I think your two for all calculation seems a bit downplayed on how far the clouds traveled in 1-2 frames)

Whether people won’t call that one an Outlier And have it be rejected in the revision I have no idea

Wolframs Calc seems fine with me for now though
Because in the two for all calc the explosion diameter seems like a more accurate representation for how far the clouds traveled in that frame
You had the small island at 64px
The explosion diameter I roughly got to 1178px aka 46.75km diameter
Radius is 23.37km which is traveled in one frame (0.042s) which yields 556428.57m/s
Using the Mass already found of 3.9239475e+12 kg
Using KE (1/12m x v2) you get
1.012420158e23 Joules / 24.19 Teratons (Country level)
12.09 Teratons each (Country level)

Huh, even higher than before.

(Idk just throwing my two sense into the calculation maybe I'm wrong but this feat in general is just insane and by far the strongest feat in the franchise)

Last edited:
Therefir said that the pixel scaling and mathematics of the DD Smash are fine. He just couldn't see the pixel scaling in the last two scans. Judging from the reaction given to them and evaluations, it seems that my blogs are all correct. I might recalculate Two for All, but I wouldn't expect anything higher than in the original calculation.

If there's any render from MHA character that are either fanarts or official art that is colored by fanartist, we should probably give credit to them. If there's any.

Why exactly is AFO much, much weaker when facing Kamino All Might? Did he lose quirks when he “died” the first time, or did he swap his quirks out for ones his crippled body can handle?? How crippled even is he outside of having no face??

Is Danger Sense true precognition or is it more of a minimap in a video game telling him where threats are located as they happen?

wiki says its just a quirk that alerts one about potential dangers or threats, so it doesn't actually allow someone to see into the future like traditional precog does

He has precognition on his profile tho. Shouldn’t that be changed, then? It’s less “precognition” and more “enhanced senses”

Wiki is wrong, because the dangers he senses aren’t potential, they are going to happen. It is precog because he senses them before they happen and is alerted of their location, even if they’re faster than he is.

If Danger Sense didn’t work by telling him of threats in the very near future, he would’ve lost to Nagant.

Can I have an example of him reacting to a threat BEFORE it happens? Because it’s always been during or after.

How does your Nagant example work? Because he sensed the bullets /as they was coming/, not before they were fired, unless there is something I’m missing??

Can I have an example of him reacting to a threat BEFORE it happens? Because it’s always been during or after.

How does your Nagant example work? Because he sensed the bullets /as they was coming/, not before they were fired, unless there is something I’m missing??
Machia is one example, as he sensed him breaking out of the Carbon Fiber right before the Fiber actually began to tear.

Him dodging Muscular getting out of Smokescreen also works because he sensed him jumping before he actually jumped.

He sensed the bullets only when they were actually coming to hit him because before that moment, they weren’t threats. The issue with her bullets is they were much faster than he was, so arguing that he couldn’t react to them properly is kinda the point. He doesn’t need to sense the bullets before they fire to know when they’re going to try and hit him before they do.

Deku also says that Danger Sense can detect murderous intent and hostility. How else is he getting pings on Danger Sense and saving people across cities?

At the very least, we would need more examples of Danger Sense before claiming it’s not a form of Precognition. He does warrant having Extrasensory Perception though, since Danger Sense is a literal sixth sense.

The carbon was tearing the entire time tho. It was tearing, danger sense activated, then it snapped. So the danger was present the entire time so that’s not enough to warrant precognition. He was sensing the sudden burst of power from Gigantomachia.

As for Muscular, danger sense activated when he was still in the smoke. So the danger is still incoming, and danger sense sensed it before it got too close. Still not enough to warrant precognition. It’s just telling him where the threat is coming from. Like with the first Nagant bullet he caught.

Danger Sense senses all danger regardless of if they’re aiming for him or not. This was shown several times these past few chapters. The bullets were not THAT much faster than him, he was still moving comparatively, caught and kicked away a few, then dodged an entire barrage without danger sense even being shown. So again, not prediction, as the bullets were already coming, flying through the air, then danger sense went off as they came close.

Yes, it SENSES DANGER, it does not PREDICT danger before an action has taken place.

I feel that's too strict of an opinion to have despite it not being explained fully. I'm almost sure based on what the ability is aspired by, it's just simple precog with massive range.

Saying it does NOT predict danger with absolute certainty before we even get an actual full explanation is way too big of an assumption.

Personally, despite thinking it is precog, I wouldn't say it with absolute certainty until we get a full explanation of the quirk.

Just got to chapter 92 of Vigilantes. Weird how All Might can transform here before his injury. Doesn’t really make that much sense. Maybe he was born with the power to switch art styles, which is different from his muscle and skinny form switching. American Comic Style form vs Japanese Manga form!

Back