• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I've read from somewhere that the JT arc is more popular in Japan than the MVA arc.

I haven't actually seen any sauce about that so take it with a grain of salt, but that's one possible reason why MVA got kinda shafted.

We haven’t seen MVA in the anime yet, it’s just been bumped back. Too early to make a call on its quality.

But at this point Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid has better directing in action and choreography than most of the last few seasons.

The lesser the episodes, the more likely MVA is gonna get rushed.
It's fine to think with this mindset so that you won't be disappointed.

I'm not too sure about other shows, but the top spot in this season is gonna be fought over by either Slime or Dragon Maid. Hopefully MHA can try and push its way through that, but it depends.

MVA is pretty much getting super rushed at this point. Endeavor Agency was already going to be about 5 episodes. Add in a filler episode and MVA just won't have enough space.

Current Manga Deku vs 20 clones of Current Manga Deku except they can only use a constant 10% and instead of vestige quirks, each one has ONE quirk from each person in his class.

The fact that Deku has to be so severely weakened for this to be fair is embarrassing for Class 1-A.

By the way, Bakugo was a complete asshole throughout this chapter, treating Momo like crap simply because she didn't say his stupid name fully, even though she was praising him.

Is it being assumed that Shigaraki’s air cannons are = to the ones AFO used on All Might? Because I don’t think that’s correct. AFO was using multiple multipliers while Shigaraki is just using base air cannon.

Is it being assumed that Shigaraki’s air cannons are = to the ones AFO used on All Might? Because I don’t think that’s correct. AFO was using multiple multipliers while Shigaraki is just using base air cannon.
It's being assumed that Shigaraki used an Air Cannon to cancel out Deku's Texas Smash IIRC. Which is why his Air Cannons are considered Low 7-B and then Endy scales, etc.

Originally, we assume it was the same as AFO because it was never shown that he used Air Cannon with multi-quirk buffs in the manga; that was an anime only scene. But that was back when they were 7-C or something.

Deku is fighting the whole damn class after next chapter. I’m getting Garou vibes. Tired, should be in hospital or asleep in a warm bed, but yet he fights on even when conflicted. Someone could very easily get hurt. What if the 2nd’s quirk manifests at just the wrong time…

Hmm. That doesn’t seem right. Shigaraki primed air cannon first and then Deku went in for a punch. We know they clash but we can’t tell who took more damage or even if they cancelled eachother out. Deku could’ve straight up overpowered it easily but we wouldn’t be able to tell because of his self damage anyways, and Shigaraki doesn’t take much damage from those punches too.

And AFO using multipliers with air cannon against All Might is in the manga. This is right after the first cannon:

The only time he uses base air cannon would be against Best Jeanist, which he did with one finger, and it destroyed him.

I'm not too sure about other shows, but the top spot in this season is gonna be fought over by either Slime or Dragon Maid. Hopefully MHA can try and push its way through that, but it depends.
Imagine MHA got outclassed by an slime with overused genre and a supposed to be SoL anime with dragon waifus

Average MHA fans: 2000.0% Triggered

It's remind me with Fullmetal Alchemist fanbase who think their anime is the best ever, and got pissed off so hard when there is an anime who are better than FMA (remember that Fruit Basket issue?)

Back