• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Also I like how the top tier heroes just “have” supernatural powers with no quirkventional explanation. And All Might still beats Endeavour in that regard too.

Endeavour “senses” Star Servent a city block away with no signs of warning or any indication.

All Might senses an underground cage match gone wild SEVERAL PROVINCES AWAY.

Just got to chapter 92 of Vigilantes. Weird how All Might can transform here before his injury. Doesn’t really make that much sense. Maybe he was born with the power to switch art styles, which is different from his muscle and skinny form switching. American Comic Style form vs Japanese Manga form!
I mean he just flexed a bit, not really a transformation.
He looked smaller while in his pajamas but that's because he was relaxed. He didn't really deflate per se.

This was a source of confusion when this chapter was released lol

But he literally goes from his visible, white eyes form to having the shadows over his eyes again. Something quirky in the water at his agency, I swear.

Also, for anyone that's curious, here's the interview/volume R section where Horikoshi talks about how the transfer in Heroes Rising worked

I disagree with the Low 6-B one you made, though. The timeframe isn't accurate, which is the biggest issue. This calc is better in my opinion.

I personally feel on the Low 6-B Calc as I mentioned earlier in the very first frame of the explosion we should use it’s radius as the distance the clouds moved rather than simply saying they moved beyond the storm’s radius
Although that’s just me.

They definitely moved past the storm's radius. Again, my issue is mainly the timeframe. Therefir's High 6-C calc of it is best in my opinion.

A fissure appears off the coast of Japan. Pacific Rim kaiju begin appearing from it and rampaging just like the movies.

Can the heroes stop them and seal the fissure? Assuming they randomly have knowledge of how to close it; ie, go through the fissure and blow everything to hell.

Based in current manga timeline, but everyone is healthy and fine. No societal collapse.

A fissure appears off the coast of Japan. Pacific Rim kaiju begin appearing from it and rampaging just like the movies.

Can the heroes stop them and seal the fissure? Assuming they randomly have knowledge of how to close it; ie, go through the fissure and blow everything to hell.

Based in current manga timeline, but everyone is healthy and fine. No societal collapse.
They spend a while just fighting the Kaiju with probably good success since it would just be like fighting really big but slower High Ends. Tops like Endeavor and Deku can beat Kaiju solo.

Mei, Melissa and all the other geniuses design an All Might robot piloted by Deku that beats the shit out of any Kaiju defending the Rift before sending a super nuke into the portal via a United States of Smash. EZ win until AFO and Garaki find a way to reverse engineer Kaiju and everything gets worse for everyone.

Just got to chapter 92 of Vigilantes. Weird how All Might can transform here before his injury. Doesn’t really make that much sense. Maybe he was born with the power to switch art styles, which is different from his muscle and skinny form switching. American Comic Style form vs Japanese Manga form!
He stated he always could do this. Thats how he was able to use OFA power lol

The carbon was tearing the entire time tho. It was tearing, danger sense activated, then it snapped. So the danger was present the entire time so that’s not enough to warrant precognition. He was sensing the sudden burst of power from Gigantomachia.

As for Muscular, danger sense activated when he was still in the smoke. So the danger is still incoming, and danger sense sensed it before it got too close. Still not enough to warrant precognition. It’s just telling him where the threat is coming from. Like with the first Nagant bullet he caught.

Danger Sense senses all danger regardless of if they’re aiming for him or not. This was shown several times these past few chapters. The bullets were not THAT much faster than him, he was still moving comparatively, caught and kicked away a few, then dodged an entire barrage without danger sense even being shown. So again, not prediction, as the bullets were already coming, flying through the air, then danger sense went off as they came close.

Yes, it SENSES DANGER, it does not PREDICT danger before an action has taken place.
Lol? You seriously trying to argue Danger sense isnt precondition? That’s funny. It’s literally stated that it helps him “predicts attacks” which literally contradicts it showing him that hes under attack. Predicting= guessing before happening (aka precognition).

i think I misread the calc. I thought he calced the entire storm being spun around?
That's something else. The calc I linked is dispersing the part that looks like a cylinder. It's about 300 gigatons, so about 150 gigatons for Deku and Bakugo

That's something else. The calc I linked is dispersing the part that looks like a cylinder. It's about 300 gigatons, so about 150 gigatons for Deku and Bakugo
Damn lol and thats not accounting for the fact that they spun the whole storm around and caused an explosion that was so massive xD

He stated he always could do this. Thats how he was able to use OFA power lol
When was that stated? All I remember was him explaining that his injury made him deflate. He can buff up via manga magic tho, but OFA only helps him hold that buff for longer, it isn’t the cause of it.

He gained those muscles naturally by training. That’s why young all Might in his Nana flashbacks and that picture of him in one of the endings has him way thinner even though he has OFA. Then in the Nana OVA, he’s not even using OFA and just looking at himself in the mirror, and he’s buff af. That’s just how he used to look like, naturally.

I assume the Vigilantes manga just doesn’t understand it like a lot of fans do because it’s really not explained well because it’s not THAT deep in retrospect and so not explained.

Remember that shot of the shadowed international heroes a few chapters ago when they were discussing calling for help out of state?

We know 3 of them now, at least. The shadowy figure on the far left is the Electric guy in Two Heroes’ beginning (wouldn’t he be old af now tho?), beside him is the tiger guy and then the Egyptian guy.

Remember that shot of the shadowed international heroes a few chapters ago when they were discussing calling for help out of state?

We know 3 of them now, at least. The shadowy figure on the far left is the Electric guy in Two Heroes’ beginning (wouldn’t he be old af now tho?), beside him is the tiger guy and then the Egyptian guy.

Wow their quirks kinda absolutely suck. Hope they're creative about it, but they're probably just extras anyways.

When was that stated? All I remember was him explaining that his injury made him deflate. He can buff up via manga magic tho, but OFA only helps him hold that buff for longer, it isn’t the cause of it.

He gained those muscles naturally by training. That’s why young all Might in his Nana flashbacks and that picture of him in one of the endings has him way thinner even though he has OFA. Then in the Nana OVA, he’s not even using OFA and just looking at himself in the mirror, and he’s buff af. That’s just how he used to look like, naturally.

I assume the Vigilantes manga just doesn’t understand it like a lot of fans do because it’s really not explained well because it’s not THAT deep in retrospect and so not explained.
I guess i was wrong

Their quirks are novel. The tiger guy might have some power tho flashbacks to a certain Omni Man scene.

Egypt guy is just Edgeshot but worse. But depending on his skill and stats, could be very useful in a sight. He can just turn 2D and slightly angle himself to avoid head-on attacks.

Shouldn't Final Act Saga Kirishima be Hypersonic instead of Supersonic+? He traveled a notable distance and pushed Ashido out of the way all before a casual Gigantomachia could grab her.

Shouldn't Final Act Saga Kirishima be Hypersonic instead of Supersonic+? He traveled a notable distance and pushed Ashido out of the way all before a casual Gigantomachia could grab her.
The running part is unquantifiable to mean anything, only that he was faster than Ironclear Pierceiron.
I'm not sure how to scale him from a casual Machia. Since we only really see him pushing Ashido away and not when and where he started to move to push her. Maybe someone can figure that out.

It depends on how fast Gigantomachia was going. He wasn’t really attacking or anything. He was just putting his hand down to stabilise himself and Mina just happened to be in the way.

Wow their quirks kinda absolutely suck. Hope they're creative about it, but they're probably just extras anyways.
Disappointing quirks tbh. Maybe they have some tricks up their sleeve but IDK how they would help much.

Also apparently leaks of Chapter 319 are coming out go check them out on Twitter if you have the mental.

Next chapter after 319, it’s foreshadowed Deku might fight the entire Class 1-A. Most likely a battle of minds but a battle of physicals to get him to come back would be cool. Deku trying to flee without hurting anyone.

Apparently U.A. is doing a cultural festival. Why they would do that at a time like this is beyond me. Also a battle between them is gonna happen damn.

Apparently Epsiode 16 is gonna be an anime-original episode. It's fine with me but most action-oriented anime-original episode (like this season's first episode) are lackluster, and everyone waiting for MVA is gonna be disappointed lol.

Apparently Epsiode 16 is gonna be an anime-original episode. It's fine with me but most action-oriented anime-original episode (like this season's first episode) are lackluster, and everyone waiting for MVA is gonna be disappointed lol.
Honestly I don't even care anymore they literally ruined it the MVA arc is going to be rushed as hell it looks like shigaraki lowkey got screwed over.

Back