• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Doctor Garaki: has to spend years of research with an immortality quirk to get the technology to make people artificially All Might level and capable of holding multiple quirks, as one doesn’t give the other.

Reddit: lol just give them more quirks
Exactly what I'm talking about lol

Said redditor is probably confused. Being a person with a quirk could generally mean they're stronger than normal. But giving people quirks doesn't do that beyond what the specific given quirk can do.

I find a lot of MHA discussions on any sub unfruitful especially if the people arguing don't even pay attention to details.

Sometimes you even see 2 people arguing turning into a long thread when both of them are wrong. They don't even realize it even though the answer is a Google click away.

Mirio is probably like 10-15% level at best considering he could incapacitate 8% with a punch to the sternum. He’d get one shot by 20% same way Fused Overhaul would’ve been one shot if he didn’t dodge.

Not a lot of characters without strength quirks can output power equal to even 5% without using their quirks let alone 10%.

Though when Mirio shoots out of the ground at high speeds he might be around 10% or a bit higher. One of his punches against the High-ends had a cone around it so it might have been delivered at supersonic speeds though I don't know exactly how powerful that would be.

I got downvoted merely for suggesting that All Might’s dark eyes aren’t caused from his injury, as he had the dark eyes around 30 years before his injury.

( ・᷄ὢ・᷅ )

Gonna be honest, until this exact moment, I thought that was the case too.
It just made sense to me, his eyes were normal in the picture I saw, so I thought they turned black from getting organ ripped.

He had white eyes in his “young age” (20’s) but got the dark eyes in his bronze age— onwards. He got the injury somewhere between Silver Age and Golden Age from what I can tell.

His black eyes are from a pronounced browline due to age, making shadows over his eyes. That’s how I see it, anyway.

Mirio is nowhere near 20% in strength because he couldn’t do in many strikes to the head what Deku was doing to do in one. Also no wind pressure.

I was reading this part again. They passed by the buildings where the event happens on the top right, Endeavour seems to notice that becsuse he’s just that damn good, then begins running. Then on the panel on the left it shows the distance past the buildings with “BWHAAA WHAAA!” sound effects which is the “sonic boom” Deku and co heard. I think.

In hindsight, it was pretty obvious.

I assume this translation was for the volume release, because I remember a different translation with the chapter.
Endeavor sounds more like a dick in this translation.

IIRC Chapter Release and Volume Release have these differences. This is also one of the reasons Caleb Cook ditched his main twitter account because of issues fans have with the volume release that they attributed to him.

Yes, this is Viz translation. I view it as the most accurate.

Endeavour always sounds like he’s a dick. He changed, slowly, not instantly, which I appreciate.

Isn't Viz the one with the most errors?

IIRC the Caleb situation had to do with some lines Shoto had in the Sports Festival. Caleb's version was tamer while the volume release had Shoto say things a complete edgelord would say.

I could be misremembering this though.

As for this specific moment, I remember the alternate translation was "I'm only interested on training Shoto" or something like that. It's still a dick but not as much as this Viz version.

Well. I have the brain the size of a butter stick, so, official = most accurate.

I don’t really remember what Shoto says earlier in the series.

Here are my two cents on Mirio vs Deku;

Mirio isn't anywhere near Deku's level at 20%. 20% is dozens of times more powerful than 8% Deku, and Mirio only harmed Deku because he targetted his solar plexus. 20% Deku is also said to be exponentially faster than 8% Deku, and debatably even Night Eye. He has the reaction time necessary to take down Mirio.

Officials are out, and good lord did they make a lot of things clearer.

The vestiges don’t want to deter Deku from going all out and being reckless, they just don’t want him to do it yet. And the Second just noted that Bakugo will bolster Deku, not is someone he needs.

Also, I wish we saw the full fight of that fish guy who was controlling the water, that seemed like a cool battle.

Last edited:
Hopefully the anime will give us an epic fight between Deku and fish dude even if its just 1 minute it'd be cool. Also yh the officials really cleared things up. The leaks made it sound like Deku gave up and got saved. Now I wonder how Bakugo will try to convince him to take a break. I hope Uraraka is the one to convince him.

Danger sense is really a dangerous quirk for someone with Deku's mentality to possess. He will always be running himself dry whenever it detects anything and it's range seems pretty wide too. At least city wide.

Back