• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The villain this chapter is creepy af. Looks like a spider and he “plugs in” to people to control them. Also, right before the chapter ends and Bakugo appears, a panel of the 2nd user is shown. He is definitely connected to or at least similar to Bakugo in some way. Maybe his quirk is a pinpoint-only version of explosion, or just a super strong spark quirk like Bakugo’s dad.

Theory: 2nd user is from Bakugo’s mom’s side so his quirk is to shoot sweat at long distances. The gauntlets help him aim and extend his sweat shooting.

The villain this chapter is creepy af. Looks like a spider and he “plugs in” to people to control them. Also, right before the chapter ends and Bakugo appears, a panel of the 2nd user is shown. He is definitely connected to or at least similar to Bakugo in some way. Maybe his quirk is a pinpoint-only version of explosion, or just a super strong spark quirk like Bakugo’s dad.
I wish I was leak-savvy so I could get a whiff of that. Sounds like prime nightmare fuel.

W̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶o̶.̶

It's nice to know that the whole class was looking for Deku but come on Hori, at least show us them actually doing it, the Hori of the past would have taken more time explaining the logistics of Deku's search.

Adding this to the random explosion of a few chapters ago, Hori's change of editor is quite noticeable.

I wanted it to be Ochako not Bakugo but I'll cope. I understand this is shonen (which emphasizes rival bromance relationships rather than romantic ones). That's the major reason a lot of gay ships exist for shonen.

The relationship between the MC and the rival friend is usually way more developed than that between the MC and the love interest.

There are pretty few manga that don't do this and it's usually ones where the MC and Female lead team up together as a duo (Twin Star Exorcist & recently Dandadan). It's kinda hard to ship the female lead and MC when they are nowhere near each other during important moments which the MC mostly shares with their rival friend (Naruto flashbacks).

I don’t see it. We weren’t shown every single character’s reaction to All Might retiring, just Deku, Bakugo later on and the teachers and commission. This is consistent for Hori if anything.

Is that jumping the gun I see?

We don’t even know what’s going to happen next chapter, y’all are rushing to conclusions too quickly. Horikoshi could literally show us everyone’s reactions next chapter with a flashback, or the chapter after that. The only thing for certain right now is “Bakugo has found Deku.”

Whether they have actually been searching for him or not, we don’t know. What they are feeling, we don’t know, except for Bakugo, who is sad, happy(?) and in shock, which is consistent with his character development. Whether Bakugo can even talk to Deku or not, and make a meaningful impact, we don’t know.

Be patient is my motto at all times.
Also the Bakugo stans on Twitter are in full force. Unfortunately.

Is that jumping the gun I see?

We don’t even know what’s going to happen next chapter, y’all are rushing to conclusions too quickly. Horikoshi could literally show us everyone’s reactions next chapter with a flashback, or the chapter after that. The only thing for certain right now is “Bakugo has found Deku.”

Whether they have actually been searching for him or not, we don’t know. What they are feeling, we don’t know, except for Bakugo, who is sad, happy(?) and in shock, which is consistent with his character development. Whether Bakugo can even talk to Deku or not, and make a meaningful impact, we don’t know.

Be patient is my motto at all times.
Also the Bakugo stans on Twitter are in full force. Unfortunately.
Gonna stay off Twitter till they calm down lol. I’m not in the mood to see anything stupid

Do you think we will get a timeskip anytime soon? At the rate Deku is going right now I don't think he should take years to master 100% so I doubt it will be to skip ahead to a further point in his training, but I would be disappointed if we don't see adult Deku at all

That would be unsatisfying af. I hope to god that the final fight is Deku at 100% no drawbacks vs Shigaraki at his 100% fully healthy with maximum control of all AFO quirks.

Have them both at their best and may the best man win.

We have already gone through the entire series with a half-baked Deku in terms of OFA mastery so I hope the story doesn't end without him being able to not only use 100% freely but also having surpassed Prime All Might in terms of how strong 100% is.

That would be unsatisfying af. I hope to god that the final fight is Deku at 100% no drawbacks vs Shigaraki at his 100% fully healthy with maximum control of all AFO quirks.

Have them both at their best and may the best man win.

We have already gone through the entire series with a half-baked Deku in terms of OFA mastery so I hope the story doesn't end without him being able to not only use 100% freely but also having surpassed Prime All Might in terms of how strong 100% is.
I wouldn’t find it unsatisfying. Being able to beat someone that can fight Prome All Might without being at that specific strength, and instead playing to his strengths, intelligence and multiple quirks, as well as bursts of beyond Prime All Might strength, would be very interesting to me and in line with Deku not becoming like All Might and ultimately distancing himself.

Also the flex of beating 100% Shigaraki when not at 100% himself is quite cool to me.

Imagine the manga ending with Shigaraki winning the fight, killing Deku and actually succeeding.

Boy oh boy that would be an explosive ending.

When the final battle does eventually occur, do y'all think Shigaraki will be under AFO's control or will he be under his own control? Or maybe a mix of both?

I wouldn’t find it unsatisfying. Being able to beat someone that can fight Prome All Might without being at that specific strength, and instead playing to his strengths, intelligence and multiple quirks, as well as bursts of beyond Prime All Might strength, would be very interesting to me and in line with Deku not becoming like All Might and ultimately distancing himself.

Also the flex of beating 100% Shigaraki when not at 100% himself is quite cool to me.
I don't see a flex since he'll probably need help to win.

Wait. What is class 1-A gonna do now? We know like nothing about what they are thinking/doing XD.

So u want to reply with an asshole attitude and not just put a spoiler tag on it? goodness and I thought we were grown adults here
Sorry, I did not intend to come off that way. I just wanted to make a light joke out of the fact we did not care to put spoilers on this topic. I apologize for being irresponsible.

Sorry, I did not intend to come off that way. I just wanted to make a light joke out of the fact we did not care to put spoilers on this topic. I apologize for being irresponsible.
Well its alright. Apologizes for the hostile take as well on my part

Back