• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Current Deku using everything he’s got vs Nine?
Well, vs base Nine he’d beat him down no problem, just has to get around the shields.

Full power Nine would be way faster, but assuming speed equal, probably Deku as well. Danger Sense basically negs the lasers and dragons while he can just use Fa Jin and Blackwhip to get around the shields. And that’s not factoring in that Nine is basically dying. And let’s not forget Deku can still just go 100% if he needs to, Nine is basically omega screwed.

Speaking of Blackwhip, has anyone ever thought of using Blackwhip to create weapons? Like what Deku almost did to Shigaraki when AFO took over and grabbed him? Where he made almost spears out of it?

Imagine him making like Maces or axes out of Blackwhip strands. Green Lantern style.

Speaking of Blackwhip, has anyone ever thought of using Blackwhip to create weapons? Like what Deku almost did to Shigaraki when AFO took over and grabbed him? Where he made almost spears out of it?

Imagine him making like Maces or axes out of Blackwhip strands. Green Lantern style.
That's actually an idea I had for an original quirk for the longest time. Scythes, hammers, chain swords, glaives, whips (lol), etc, but I never thought of having that be a branch off of blackwhip.

That's actually an idea I had for an original quirk for the longest time. Scythes, hammers, chain swords, glaives, whips (lol), etc, but I never thought of having that be a branch off of blackwhip.
It’s a pretty advanced thing to do I’d imagine since the base usage of “bind/capture” is so good. But he can control the whips to do basically anything like curve and such, so why not make more shapes than just lines?

That would probably be hell on his parallel processing though.

Blackwhip is actually the most versatile quirk in the series in my opinion. There’s just so much you can do with “controllable dark tendrils that come out of any part of your body.”

Like, he can make Blackwhip come out of his feet to go into the ground and bind people when they aren’t expecting it. Or pull a Shigaraki and make spider legs out of his back to walk around with. Or make a shield with it, maybe even armor like he kinda did when he went rage mode.

That quirk’s potential is definitely the highest of all the quirks so far. Just depends on the limitations and imagination.

So about the new episode, how are they planning on doing this?

Seems like we're jumping to chapter 241 to the media interview training and the Christmas party next episode. Are they going to remove the mentions of Dekia city's destruction or will they still leave it there as some kind of build up to MVA. I'm curious on why they're even doing it like that, I'm not very familiar with the workings of this industry, but I assume there is a special reason for it.

Blackwhip is actually the most versatile quirk in the series in my opinion. There’s just so much you can do with “controllable dark tendrils that come out of any part of your body.”

Like, he can make Blackwhip come out of his feet to go into the ground and bind people when they aren’t expecting it. Or pull a Shigaraki and make spider legs out of his back to walk around with. Or make a shield with it, maybe even armor like he kinda did when he went rage mode.

That quirk’s potential is definitely the highest of all the quirks so far. Just depends on the limitations and imagination.
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised is Blackwhip is Deku’s favourite of the OFA abilities cause it fits his personality so well. I a perfect world he’d have been born with that quirk

Seems like we're jumping to chapter 241 to the media interview training and the Christmas party next episode. Are they going to remove the mentions of Dekia city's destruction or will they still leave it there as some kind of build up to MVA. I'm curious on why they're even doing it like that, I'm not very familiar with the workings of this industry, but I assume there is a special reason for it.
It’s super weird and I can’t think of any reason for doing this. Maybe they wanna keep the tone as consistent as possible or something

Maybe Horikoshi wanted things to be restructured, not sure why but maybe he feels the story would flow better this way
As Mangaka can be heavily involved in the anime at times
Although that’s just a guess don’t quote me on that

I highly doubt it's Horikoshi cause Bones doesn't even change little stuff revealed in the manga (like Touya's hair, Mina's acid or Shigaraki's hair) even when they it's blatantly wrong.

I know some mangaka were heavily involved in making of their anime like TPN author and Isayama but I've never heard of that about Horikoshi. He seems pretty hands off about the anime and let's them do whatever they want.

Here’s a fun game: Build-A-Deku

What 5 quirks would you give Deku that can’t be same as the ones he has now (ignore the 2nds quirk).

They can’t be offshoots of his current quirks by the way, like giving him “real flight” in place of Float.

Well in that case, I'll start off with two cheats lol. Fire breath, what his "father" has, and the psuedo telekinesis that Inko has. Amplified by OFA would make those two some solid quirks for all around uses.

As for my other three:
  1. Super regeneration. Quite obvious. Deku having super regen would be amazingly helpful to help cancel out all the recoil he gets from using higher OFA percents.
  2. Kind of a double on super regen, but cell activation amped by OFA in addition to super regen could allow Deku to do regen and body control shit as if he was Mister Sinister (one of my favorite comic villains btw). We're talking being completely fine from being nearly horizontally cut in half, easy shapeshifting on the fly, etc. Its like hardening, regen, and shapeshifting all in one. Hell, if the OFA amplification is good enough, I could even see Deku pulling some Mr. Fantastic-like stuff.
  3. Decay.
Just kidding on decay. Can't really think of anything I like too much for that slot so I just put whatever came to my mind first. If I come up with a better one later, I'll share.

I'm watching [Superman and Lois] right now and I hope Deku gets more Superman like scenes in the future. The speeding bullet scene was perfect considering it was basically Deku's first slow motion scene in the entire manga and I hope he has more of those in the future.

Plus better flight. So far he still seems pretty inexperienced with float and even though he was supposed to use it in conjunction with Air Force to fly, he still seems to rely on leaping around while using Black Whip for movement rather than pure flight.

Also just more scenes of pure strength that aren't just punching. Like lifting or pulling things.

Pure durability feats which is what I feel he lacks in comparison to All Might. Just him outright tanking stuff. Plus Vigilantes seemed to have given All Might enhanced lung capacity too (super breath) and enhanced senses (sight, hearing, etc).

Well in that case, I'll start off with two cheats lol. Fire breath, what his "father" has, and the psuedo telekinesis that Inko has. Amplified by OFA would make those two some solid quirks for all around uses.

As for my other three:
  1. Super regeneration. Quite obvious. Deku having super regen would be amazingly helpful to help cancel out all the recoil he gets from using higher OFA percents.
  2. Kind of a double on super regen, but cell activation amped by OFA in addition to super regen could allow Deku to do regen and body control shit as if he was Mister Sinister (one of my favorite comic villains btw). We're talking being completely fine from being nearly horizontally cut in half, easy shapeshifting on the fly, etc. Its like hardening, regen, and shapeshifting all in one. Hell, if the OFA amplification is good enough, I could even see Deku pulling some Mr. Fantastic-like stuff.
  3. Decay.
Just kidding on decay. Can't really think of anything I like too much for that slot so I just put whatever came to my mind first. If I come up with a better one later, I'll share.
This may be an original thing and not an existing quirk but here's a busted one:

5 - Vector: This quirk allows him to change the direction, velocity, acceleration, momentum, (by extension) force, and energy(?) of anything that traverses space. He can use it to redirect attacks, slow then down so that he would dodge then easily, or simply screw with the directions of things around him to confuse his opponents. Even without OFA, he can utilize this ability on his own body such as the bioelectricity in his brain to increase information processing and to twist his body in unexpected ways. He may also utilize it for flight by jumping in the air and disallowing his body to fall unless he wills it but only when he uses OFA.

With OFA he can utilize it on other people to gain a significant advantage such as by simply crashing them towards buildings, launching them to the sky, control their blood flow, or even manipulate their brain so that they'd be far more likely to make mistakes or pull off wild tricks. It is unlikely this quirk can work on those who phase through matter (like Mirio and he cannot use it to manipulate the emotions/personalities of his opponents; nevertheless, he can still control their decision-making.

Last edited:
Build a Deku? Okay, time to break things—

OFA, Vestige quirks being:

Super-regeneration; the type Shigaraki and Nomu’s have— broken.

Permeation— broken.

Gentle Criminal’s Elasticity— amazing versatility.

Impact Reversal— very useful.

Double— this is broken, everyone knows why.

Compress— this is broken. He can effectively one shot anyone with a touch, even more broken than Decay and Overhaul, but also has versatility with being able to store people inside for safe keeping and other objects.

Build a Deku? Okay, time to break things—

OFA, Vestige quirks being:

Super-regeneration; the type Shigaraki and Nomu’s have— broken.

Permeation— broken.

Gentle Criminal’s Elasticity— amazing versatility.

Impact Reversal— very useful.

Double— this is broken, everyone knows why.

Compress— this is broken. He can effectively one shot anyone with a touch, even more broken than Decay and Overhaul, but also has versatility with being able to store people inside for safe keeping and other objects.
Black Hole, Softening, and Electrification(?) may be useful too though IDK about the former.

Deku‘s quirks all appear to be vague, ”B” versions of everyone in class.

Blackwhip - Dark Shadow. A dark tendril-like manifestation which can grab objects or attack.

Danger Sense - Earphone Jack or Octopus. Sense danger from afar.

Fa Jin - Recipro Burst in the limb it is used on. Has a charge up tho.

Smokescreen - kind of a reach, but Toru. Both obscure vision of the user.

Based off this logic, the last one is probably a B version of Explosion, and thematically makes sense. I think.

Officials are out, and given that we now know AFO’s goal of “break Deku’s spirit, harm his allies, destroy his hopes, then take OFA,” I think we’re gonna really see his resolve and strength of character put to the test. He’s going through some of the worst events any true hero, Manga, Comic Book or otherwise, could go through. People he can’t save when they want to be saved. Allies harmed because the enemy knows he won’t die but they will.

What AFO is going to put Deku through is going to be horrendous on his mental state, trust and willpower. But when he gets through it, it’s going to be because he’s the realest hero out there.

“Ten spears go into battle and nine are shattered. Did the war forge the one that remained? No. All the war did was identify the spear that would not break.”

This looks like Batman Knightfall with Babe breaking prisoners out if jail to tire out Batman before swooping in when Bats was tired and breaking his back.

Maybe All Might has his own version of Fa Jin where he can turn into his muscle form right at the moment of impact, taking inspiration from Deku.

Quirk or not most people wouldnt be taking punches from the absolute Chad body All Might has.

Maybe All Might has his own version of Fa Jin where he can turn into his muscle form right at the moment of impact, taking inspiration from Deku.

Quirk or not most people wouldnt be taking punches from the absolute Chad body All Might has.
I would absolutely dig it if it's actually confirmed that All Might can still be a tank even if it's for a few seconds.

This chapter teased an unexpected enemy next chapter so I'm really praying it's Chimera. The guys design and powers were wasted to be a one time movie villain.

I'm also praying the "successor" theory is true and apart from Six and Nine we find out there were other AFO numbered successors with Shigaraki being the tenth.
(And each having a number of quirks fitting their number): So far I think 'Six' has shown 4 or 5 quirks so I'm hoping Koichi pushes him hard enough to showcase something new.

Also now that I think about it, Shigaraki needed body modification to handle AFO and Nine was apparently the prototype/experiment so I'm thinking he also underwent a similar thing but to a lesser degree.

He might have not reached the level of a perfected Nomu but maybe Black Nomu level.

It's just my headcanon but it could explain how he took hits from Deku & Bakugo and blasted to another island yet the only damage he took seemed to be from his sickness cause of his original weather quirk.

And I think with the Quirk Singularity theory, Nine's Weather Manipulation is already a great example. It was extremely OP but it ended up putting too much stress on the users body, like an illness.

We also know Shigaraki's Awakened Decay affected his right arm when he first used it to the point it looked damaged.

In a way, these could be thrown in the same hat as OFA. As for AFO, it's might be a first gen quirk so it might not be on that level yet but it is possible that AFO stored powerful quirks that have reached or are approaching quirk singularity in it hence making it stressful to even a modified Shiggy's body.

It would be nice if we get an explanation in the manga focused on Nine as an evidence of Quirk Singularity. It already writes itself.
Like an investigation by Garaki reveals that Nine's family tree likely had simple quirks like water and air manipulation that coalesced into Weather Manipulation.

I'm surprised we didn't have examples of people who go through quirk marriages that would potentially suffer Quirk Singularity.

Back