• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

We should be seeing all of this next season. The war is only gonna take up half a season and it’s next, so season 6 is going to be War + Deku’s solo adventure.

I highly doubt it’s going to be season 7 lol. The war didn’t go on that long and it was a lot of fighting. This current stuff is more than likely the second cour of season 6.

Wasn’t the war arc the longest in the series?
Yes, but not by a lot.

It begins on chapter 258 (after the “heroes left the street” chapter) and ends at 306 (when Deku leaves). That’s 48 chapters, with a LOT of fighting. The next longest arc was the Overhaul raid, which was 40 chapters and pseudo started in season 3, but even then it all fit into one half of the season.

So while it is the longest arc, there are numerous ways to cut it down to one cour of a season.

Just my speculation:

I think almost everyone knows where Deku's line about All Might being faster than a speeding bullet comes from (Adventures of Superman radio show from 1950 to 1951). It's an iconic line that has been used in more Superman media since then.

"Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound!"

"Look! Up in the sky!"
"It's a bird!"
"It's a plane!"
"It's Superman!"

And I think since Deku got Fa Jin, he already did 2 of those things. The first time he used it, he "leaped a tall building at a single bound" and last chapter, he was "faster than a speeding bullet" so my next guess is that before the end of this arc, he will do something in the vein of "more powerful than a locomotive".

Anyway, it's just something small I noticed and loved as a Superman fan and it's possible that nothing comes out of it but it's cool nonetheless.

Just my speculation:

I think almost everyone knows where Deku's line about All Might being faster than a speeding bullet comes from (Adventures of Superman radio show from 1950 to 1951). It's an iconic line that has been used in more Superman media since then.

"Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound!"

"Look! Up in the sky!"
"It's a bird!"
"It's a plane!"
"It's Superman!"

And I think since Deku got Fa Jin, he already did 2 of those things. The first time he used it, he "leaped a tall building at a single bound" and last chapter, he was "faster than a speeding bullet" so my next guess is that before the end of this arc, he will do something in the vein of "more powerful than a locomotive".

Anyway, it's just something small I noticed and loved as a Superman fan and it's possible that nothing comes out of it but it's cool nonetheless.
I noticed it too and geeked out a little lol. I wonder what other references Hori can sneak in. Spider Deku? Heroes Assemble?

This calc was accepted.
Impressive, good work
I don't think its the best feat in the series though, there's that feat of All Might casually slapping down 100 villains, saving a bunch of people, putting out a fire, lifting a car out of traffic, repairing a building and stopping that bullet all in 3 seconds

Impressive, good work
I don't think its the best feat in the series though, there's that feat of All Might casually slapping down 100 villains, saving a bunch of people, putting out a fire, lifting a car out of traffic, repairing a building and stopping that bullet all in 3 seconds
Yeah, but that was a Prime All Might feat. + All Might doesn't have percentages like Deku yet we know he never goes full 100% for speed so he might have been at 50%, 70%, 90%, who knows.

Yeah, but that was a Prime All Might feat. + All Might doesn't have percentages like Deku yet we know he never goes full 100% for speed so he might have been at 50%, 70%, 90%, who knows.
All Might has stated though that OFA can cause a lot of collateral damage though if he doesn't control it, so I doubt he'd casually be moving anywhere near 100% unless he had to to avoid wrecking entire cities

Repeating myself since I was ignored, shouldn’t All Might and by extension Deku have resistance to fire? At the beginning of Two Heroes, he flew into a fireball that turned his clothes to ashes but his hero suit and his skin and hair were completely fine.

Where?

Repeating myself since I was ignored, shouldn’t All Might and by extension Deku have resistance to fire? At the beginning of Two Heroes, he flew into a fireball that turned his clothes to ashes but his hero suit and his skin and hair were completely fine.
I would assume so and that his clothes have some fire resistance to it.

Unless that fireball was somehow Low 7-B+, no I don't think so, their enhanced durability already protects them from basic fire, but it's not worthy of a resistance.

Thanks to Therefir's suggestions, the calc was adjusted. The result is slightly higher, though still in the same tier.
Nice, it makes sense since we can't see Deku in the first shot when the bullet is near Chisaki's head so he had to have intercepted from at least a few hundred feet away

Also lets keep in mind that this is only assuming the bullet is as fast as the .222 Swift which is 4600 FPS but we know that Nagant's bullets are significantly faster considering how hard they hit

But good work overall

How does Setsuna fly and what is the limit? Like, if she splits one foot off, can the rest of her body fly??
She can fly with at least half her body or torso like in the War arc. I think her flight is telekinesis over her body parts sort of like how Shishikura can telekinetically control his hands when using his meatball quirk.
I don't think an ordinary fireball like that would be a threat to most characters in the series let alone Deku or All Might.

I don’t like how the anime handled Uraraka instantly taking out Emily and the other girl I forget. In the manga it portrayed Uraraka as super fast and efficient but in the anime it had an uneccesarily long pause while they just stared at eachother than Uraraka, in a weirdly sexualised way, pushed that girl into Mineta’s balls while in the manga she just grabbed her wrists and pushed them into his balls.

But maybe I’m just nitpicky.

I have not watched the episode yet, but I wouldn't be surprised the anime would make these kinds of unnecessary edits + unnecessary sexualization (despite the manga already having it).

Should be much faster while using both legs, not necessarily 2x faster but should be faster.

I don’t understand exactly. Does Deku actually kick with Fa Jin? Because it looks more like it propels him like a rocket or a Recipro Turbo. I guess we need to see it more, it still seems too vague in what it actually does.

Ochako really needs a power-up. Ironically her Smash version has the most OP-ness in terms of quirk potential since she creates a separate universe/pocket dimension free of the effects of spacetime whenever she uses her quirk.

A nice power-up for her would be to make her able to shift the gravity and then increase the gravity exponentially on said touched object, able to propel them, and herself, at high speed. Drawbacks, she has to release the effect and then touch the object again in order to change directions.

It’d give her a way to fly, keep up with Deku and have actual combat potential against anyone slightly resistant to falling rocks.

She should've at least beat Base Deku's ass in terms of technical ability during Deku's Float training, as she's the only one with explicit martial arts background. Just to show how formiddable she is in hand-to-hand combat.
The series is mostly Quirk-based when it comes to training which makes sense for some but not all. People like Ochako are gonna need that Aizawa training regiment.

Just found this out in the MHA wiki

"Horikoshi states that Nagant skills in curving bullets was directly inspired from Angelina Jolie's role as Fox in Wanted
"

Can how long Koichi statued Tsukauchi and the other cops be calced. It was at least enough for him to have a complete conversation with himself and only Koichi noticed anything.

Using the average jogging speed (3.71 m/s) for the cops since they were not moving that much before the time dilation.

Garden snail speed is 0.013 m/s.

3.71/0.013 = 285x time dilation (Close to the 300x acceleration statement)

Six appears to be moving at normal speeds while in the time dilation so using the average human speed (7.7 m/s):

Speed = 7.7*285 = 2194.5 m/s, Mach 6.40

Not much higher than his current speed.

Last edited:
Back